Guest Daragh

Official Serie A Thread

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

He's been sent back to the junior squad so that he can develop well.

Thanks' date=' mate!

The stupid and way primitive italian mentality...

Rest of europe: is a young player really talented and good? Lets have him play 1st team football so he can further develop.

Italy: is a young player really talented and good? Lets send him back to our underdeveloped youth team where he will play against other underdeveloped players that play NOTHING like Serie A football until he is 'mature' enough to play first team football...

This is also why italian football has been slowly declining this past decade, and why italian football is of such low level nowadays...

Buffon when he was 17/18 was already a regular.. Nowadays if buffon was 17/18, hed get the same treatment Scuffet is getting... instead of playing 1st team football, hed get relegated to the youth team, because he is 'talented' and the club does not want to 'burn' him...

Well you are doing a great job with Scuffet then, idiots....

Never heard of a more stupid excuse to not have a young talnted player actually play...

And I seriously doubt Karnezis is better than Scuffet atm. :o

AC Milan has done the worst transfer of 2014 in the whole world. Some of their bum deals:

1. They sold a crap(Balo) & bought a much bigger one(Torres:D).

2. Sold one of their most promising stars(Cristante) & bought a promising star of another club(van Ginkel) on loan who'll not be getting a first team game either & if he gets, he'll waste other talents like Saponara.

3. Loaned out a decent young keeper who could have been a 2nd or 3rd choice for 'em(Gabriel) & signed Agazzi for that role.

4. Signed Alex. Ok good but why have they kept Mexes, Bonera, Zaccardo for? Din't they find even a loan deal in 4 months for them?

I've got mixed feeling for 'em right now as I respect the club for its great history & what it used to be just 2 years ago. On the counter part being an Interisti, I feel pity for them.

AC Milan has done the worst transfer of 2014 in the whole world. Some of their bum deals:

2. Sold one of their most promising stars(Cristante) & bought a promising star of another club(van Ginkel) on loan who'll not be getting a first team game either & if he gets' date=' he'll waste other talents like Saponara.

3. Loaned out a decent young keeper who could have been a 2nd or 3rd choice for 'em(Gabriel) & signed Agazzi for that role.

4. Signed Alex. Ok good but why have they kept Mexes, Bonera, Zaccardo for? Din't they find even a loan deal in 4 months for them?

I've got mixed feeling for 'em right now as I respect the club for its great history & what it used to be just 2 years ago. On the counter part being an Interisti, I feel pity for them.[/quote']

That was just ridiculous.

2. Sold one of their most promising stars(Cristante) & bought a promising star of another club(van Ginkel) on loan who'll not be getting a first team game either & if he gets' date=' he'll waste other talents like Saponara.

I've got mixed feeling for 'em right now as I respect the club for its great history & what it used to be just 2 years ago. On the counter part being an Interisti, I feel pity for them.[/quote']

They will still end up higher than Inter on the table at the end of the season. Quote me

ib1ZAsgMOyJznB.gif

Napoli Europa League squad: Rafael, Andujar; Maggio, Henrique, Britos, Zuniga, Koulibaly, Ghoulam, Albiol, Mesto; De Guzman, Jorginho, David Lopez, Gargano, Inler; Callejon, Higuain, Mertens, Hamsik, Michu, Insigne, Duvan Zapata

No Radosevic, our two Primavera midfielders also missing. Gargano and Britos brought back in. Would've liked to see some kind of youth in it but I guess we'll seem some kind of "trying".

Higuain pulled up in training for Argentina but Sky Sport Italia believe he'll be back for Chievo.

We had a very solid summer. Gazzetta rated us having the 3rd best. Several starters have joined. Diego Lopez, Alex, Rami, Bonaventura, Menez, Torres and throw in Van Ginkel and Armero. Then we got rid of a lot of players on high wages. Something we had trouble doing. Galliani did a great job with such little money. And like I said already, Pippo knows Cristante best. He wasn't in his plans obviously. It's funny you joke about us letting go a talent though. Look how many Inter have. Donati and Caldirola were let the second they were doing well with Italy U21. Santon and Balotelli too.

Gabriel is not special. He had his chance a season or 2 ago and was making way too many mistakes.

Laugh now. 1 game in and I see a lot of positives already. Loved how Pippo celebrated with the team after one of the goals.

We had a very solid summer. Gazzetta rated us having the 3rd best. Several starters have joined. Diego Lopez' date=' Alex, Rami, Bonaventura, Menez, Torres and throw in Van Ginkel and Armero. Then we got rid of a lot of players on high wages. Something we had trouble doing. Galliani did a great job with such little money. And like I said already, Pippo knows Cristante best. He wasn't in his plans obviously. It's funny you joke about us letting go a talent though. Look how many Inter have. Donati and Caldirola were let the second they were doing well with Italy U21. Santon and Balotelli too.

Gabriel is not special. He had his chance a season or 2 ago and was making way too many mistakes.

Laugh now. 1 game in and I see a lot of positives already. Loved how Pippo celebrated with the team after one of the goals.[/quote']

1 game can't show you the whole story. If it may, then we can see Man. City below ManU this season in EPL. I know Inter've made mistakes but selling Balo was a great deal. He's crap anyhow & never wanted by us so it was good for us to let him go. But I agree with you on the point Inter has sold a lot of young prospects like Santon, Coutinho who could've turned the face around for Inter but now Inter've realized the power of youths. Milan on the contrary are still lurking for free deal. :D

Ok lets get this, Milan bought all players for what? Nothing. & they got a lot of money in selling. But see whom they've got, 'Torres'. Can he be your centre man? A man who cannot hit an open goal is your main CF. Well done Milan, I'm proud to see the legacy going from Ibra to Pazzi to Balo & now to Torres.

This Zaza guy playing quite well tonight. A debutant?

if im correct, he did play 1 game with the main NT under Prandelli a few months back, but more than anything it was kind of a thing organized by Prandelli where he called a couple of youth players to vision them.

So technically speaking this isnt his debut.

1 game can't show you the whole story. If it may' date=' then we can see Man. City below ManU this season in EPL. I know Inter've made mistakes but selling Balo was a great deal. He's crap anyhow & never wanted by us so it was good for us to let him go. But I agree with you on the point Inter has sold a lot of young prospects like Santon, Coutinho who could've turned the face around for Inter but now Inter've realized the power of youths. Milan on the contrary are still lurking for free deal. :D

Ok lets get this, Milan bought all players for what? Nothing. & they got a lot of money in selling. But see whom they've got, 'Torres'. Can he be your centre man? A man who cannot hit an open goal is your main CF. Well done Milan, I'm proud to see the legacy going from Ibra to Pazzi to Balo & now to Torres.[/quote']

Don't worry about Milan:D

Forget the price tag of a player and rate the player alone. Our squad is fine. Torres? You or me cant judge him till he plays. Inter have realized the power of youth? The best period in their history was under Mourinho with mostly old experienced players. Milan last won the UCL with an old team too. Lets wait and see where Inter finish before we say youth is great.

Alex and Diego Lopez are the only guys over 30 as well so we're hardly old. I could laugh about the signings of Osvaldo or Vidic. Osvaldo failed at Roma, Juventus and Southampton. But I think Inter had an okay window. Below Milan's but decent because they got rid of a lot of useless players too. Medel will probably become a fan favourite.

I'd be thinking how Inter are going to get goals. Hernanes and Kovacic are technical but there arent many others like them or players who are going to making the runs from midfield. Milan are spoilt in that area. Honda-Menez-El Shaarawy-Bonaventura.

Don't worry about Milan:D

Forget the price tag of a player and rate the player alone. Our squad is fine. Torres? You or me cant judge him till he plays. Inter have realized the power of youth? The best period in their history was under Mourinho with mostly old experienced players. Milan last won the UCL with an old team too. Lets wait and see where Inter finish before we say youth is great.

Alex and Diego Lopez are the only guys over 30 as well so we're hardly old. I could laugh about the signings of Osvaldo or Vidic. Osvaldo failed at Roma' date=' Juventus and Southampton. But I think Inter had an okay window. Below Milan's but decent because they got rid of a lot of useless players too. Medel will probably become a fan favourite.

I'd be thinking how Inter are going to get goals. Hernanes and Kovacic are technical but there arent many others like them or players who are going to making the runs from midfield. Milan are spoilt in that area. Honda-Menez-El Shaarawy-Bonaventura.[/quote']

i agree on Osvaldo. That was a waste of a deal. But others are good. We have Dodo & Nagatomo on flanks. They're explosive on attack baby. Add on Kovacic's skills, Hernanes' lethal shots & Icardi's strikes, Inter looks in good shape. Plus we have man who hunt for ball. M'Vila & Medel are tough provided they behave.:D

Vidic is old & slow but a good one who can hold the defence like Lucio used to in 2010.

Milan looks a bit shaky in defence. Zapata/Alex are like Mexes. Slow. Plus your holding mids except De Jong & Monto are bums. Essien, Poli are waste. I think Milan are heavily going to rely on El Shaa for goals coz who else they have to score you know.:D But I really hope that doesn't turn out like the Pato scenario.

Not been on here in a while!

How is everyone doing? What did you think of the opening weekends games & your clubs transfer windows

As for Cagliari disappointing that we sold Astori & Nainggolan but we were bound to lose them sooner or later to bigger clubs.

Glad we managed to spend a good 15m on youngsters as we tend to do, a decent point against Sassuolo opening day probably should of won if it wasn't for abit of brilliance from Berardi & Zaza.

So Benatia claims he wanted to stay. Roma however had something else to say.

Roma President James Pallotta has released a strongly worded statement hitting out at Mehdi Benatia and accusing him of lying.

The defender suggested in an interview with Kicker released today that he had intended to stay with the Giallorossi this summer and that it was the club’s requirement to raise funds that resulted in his eventual sale to Bayern Munich for an initial €26m.

However, the capital club’s President has taken exception to these claims and chosen to react through a statement released via Roma’s official website, to explain his version of why the 27-year-old was moved on.

“Mehdi Benatia has obviously continued with his pattern of outright fabrications over the last couple of months,” Pallotta is quoted by I Lupi.

“We had a verbal agreement on compensation and a raise back in July in Boston. He personally said to me that he was happy after I told him flat out with no exceptions that we wanted him to stay.

“Over the following month he lied about wanting to stay and about the details of his compensation to both Rudi Garcia and his teammates.

“Lying to me was one thing which I can somewhat handle. Lying to Rudi Garcia and his teammates was completely unacceptable to me.

“I told Walter Sabatini he was becoming a poison and I wanted him gone, and Rudi and Walter agreed.

“It wasn’t about the money; it was about having character in our locker room. We are in a very sound financial position.

“As owners of Roma, we make difficult decisions all the time. As a fan of Roma, I am deeply disappointed that one of our players could act this way.”

Also interesting is the amount of season tickets at Napoli have dropped immensely.

Napoli have sold fewer season tickets than Sassuolo, Atalanta and Cesena.

Papers today calculated the excitement around Rafa Benitez’s side has plummeted to a new low in the Aurelio De Laurentiis era.

Only 6,500 season tickets have been sold so far, putting them 15th in Serie A with less than half the amount sold last year.

The only clubs with fewer sold were Empoli, Udinese, Lazio, Chievo and Cagliari.

Lazio’s calculations are actually closer to 8,000 including the youth season tickets.

Juventus top the list with 28,000 sold, followed by Roma on 26,606 and Inter 20,600.

Fiorentina sold 20,000 season tickets, Sampdoria 18,000 and Milan 17,350.

Cagliari are bottom in Serie A with 3,000 season tickets, but the Stadio Sant’Elia is under reconstruction and currently fits only 12,000 seats.

Clearly irritated by De Laurentiis's lack of spending, his annoying comments and such. Somehow Benitez is still the highest paid coach in Serie A, 3.5m after taxes, Mazzarri second (more than any Inter player currently) and then it's a pretty big drop to something 2.8m to Garcia and 2.5m for Allegri. Inzaghi makes 1.5m and Empoli's coach makes 300k. 4th highest wage bill behind Juventus, Roma and Milan, tied with Inter's.

So Benatia claims he wanted to stay. Roma however had something else to say.

Also interesting is the amount of season tickets at Napoli have dropped immensely.

Clearly irritated by De Laurentiis's lack of spending' date=' his annoying comments and such. Somehow Benitez is still the highest paid coach in Serie A, 3.5m after taxes, Mazzarri second (more than any Inter player currently) and then it's a pretty big drop to something 2.8m to Garcia and 2.5m for Allegri. Inzaghi makes 1.5m and Empoli's coach makes 300k. 4th highest wage bill behind Juventus, Roma and Milan, tied with Inter's.[/quote']

Thats embarrasing for Napoli. They have the 3th best squad in the league with 5th biggest stadium in the league & they are hitting such a low point in ticket sales. Thats really bad.

Zaza scored again today! He's really living it up! Me likey.

Unfortunately Juventus have first option on him. He and Berardi are going to make a very good duo for them.

On good news for us, Roberto Insigne has 3 goals in 2 games for Reggina, be it in Liga Pro Girone C. Seems he's come back from injury firing. Now if we can get Tutino back from injury (seemingly around February) and he starts firing, could have a solid future up front.

Sorry, this might be old news but i've been a bit out of the loop recently.

Why did Cristante leave Milan for Benfica!?

Am i missing something? I was just looking through some stats and noticed he's playing for Benfica these days.

Surely Milan are insane to let that kid leave?

Sorry' date=' this might be old news but i've been a bit out of the loop recently.

Why did Cristante leave Milan for Benfica!?

Am i missing something? I was just looking through some stats and noticed he's playing for Benfica these days.

Surely Milan are insane to let that kid leave?[/quote']

galliani said that the player asked the club to sell him because there were too many players ahead of him at Milan and he didn't want to be loaned to another italian club. sad but true.