Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Could you tell me how good of a player Mattia Destro looks?

I actually really like Destro mate. He's like a rabid wolverine in the '18, can be very scrappy, then there is times you're just like - 'WHAT!? How did he do that!' Has a great skill-set of pace, his quality of dribbling at times is brilliant, he's showed that this season, he can make a headache of things, and an eye for goal, part Ascoli and part out of the coveted Inter youth system.

This is going to sound out of sorts, sometimes when I see him play he actually reminds me of Di Natale. I know, not the comparison I should be making considering Di Natale is an absolute ledge, has 3 times the amount of goals Destro has this season, plus is a consistent 20+ goal scorer, the modern day, still going, Alan Shearer of Calcio, one of the best Italian forwards of all-time (this is starting to sound like a plug for Di Natale - back on track).

Destro's on loan at the moment, from Genoa, at Siena, has been rather instrumental for the Robur, Sannino opting to go with Calaio and Destro in the XI. Both are very like for like, Calaio being a bit more multidimensional in his play, does have more goals in their partnership (Calaio's 9, to Destro's 6). He's also involved in the U21 setup, makes up a core group of forwards Italia have coming through their ranks in Paloschi (BEAST), Gabbiadini, and Destro, himself.

If we're talking in SM terms, buying-wise, it's a just a shame he's on a rather struggling Siena side (at the moment very much in the relegation battle), though they've made waves in the Coppa Italia, reaching the semis. If there is no buy-out for Siena, nor Destro chooses to remain their, it's hard to see where his future lies with the Grifoni.

Genoa, like Viola are very much pushing through an overhaul (they've had 3 managers as of recent), have an abundance of forwards (tons are on loan - they have a very big squad), quite a few of whom are young in Pratto, Ribas, not to mention the likes of Gila, which on top of that you add Palacio (depending on formation), Jorquera, Ze Eduardo, Jankovic, it's hard to see where Destro fits into the picture. Marino wasn't the manager when Destro was sent out, so if he sees his progression as to hold onto him, which he should, Destro should be in the Grifoni squad next year, or even better, may be sold off (co-owned perhaps), to a more permanent place (Palermo?).

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Official Serie A Thread The Amazing, the Good, the Okay,the Bad, and the Ugly: Internazionale's Season This season was possibly one of the more interesting seasons that I have ever

Few Russian transfer rumours for Serie A players.

Anzhi are looking to deal with Inter for Sneijder. Be shocked if that actually happens.

Anzhi are also chasing Udinese's Benatia with a reported 15m bid made.

Krasic recently linked with a move to Zenit.

Other rumours:

Barcelona are still tracking Silva.

Lucas Pratto has joined Velez on loan.

Simone Grippo has joined Lugano on loan.

Pablo Barrientos is wanted by Saint Lorentz for about 1m for half his contract.

Inter and Udinese are in talks with a move for Isla.

Milan are interested in a move for Balotelli in the summer.

Bayern are favorites to sign Chivu on a free in the summer.

I guess Inter should count themselves lucky once that deal goes through' date=' which from an Inter fan point of view, should only benefit the club in both the nearby run and the distant one. You see, with Inter in desperate need of a drastic change within the squad, younger replacements to the likes of Chivu, Cordoba and Stankovic (three players who all can have a good day, but not playing continuarly) are a must need.

Along the fact that Platini's inforced the ''fair-play rule'', which shall see future Champions League and Europa League presenters having a clean economy, cutting of some high-earning, dead weight, elderly guys from your squad might be ideal and melt in some talents with mentality - players who are hungry and in need of glory, but at the same time would learn it the hard way from guys who are playing a vital role in the squad already and have suffered long enough to see some result (Zanetti, Millito, César and Miacon springs to mind). That, of course, would hinder them from being thrown into the heat too early in their careers, which can be quite the career destroyer.

Anyway, as I was saying: the fair-play rule is a twister. Without adjusting your team do it, the team is screwed financially. It's as easy as ABC. Therefore, seeming as I said in my previous rant - the state owns Inter and Milan's home ground (San Siro, not Giuseppe Meazza - you heard me :P) - that obviously don't give Inter the same ecnomical stability and income as the German teams, the British ones or even Juve (at 100m €, Juve's work of arena will be recoup financially within 5-6 years, most definitely). With that in mind, Inter [i']must[/i] clust their straws elsewhere if they want to achieve a green economy.

I pretty much doubt that Inter wants to become a second-class team in Milano, in Italy and most definitely, in Europe. Coming into an allgiance, they should, no wait let me refrase, they must, cut down expidenture on wages if they want to attract the bigger players of the footbaling world. I'm sure Chivu, Cordoba and Stankovic are big earners as they A: Haven't complained in media about their lack of minutes over the years and B: They renewed their contracts during Mourinho's era, which of course means that they must have a somewhat perfect contract considering that Mourinho prefers to have an extreme depth in his squad (just look at Real Madrid at the moment - just oozing class out of them).

If they don't cut out at the salaries, they will have to cut out at the youth facilities. That wouldn't be so smart having Platini's rule in mind, right? Not only a foolish move player wise, as they'd lose out on potential game-killers, but also the fact that these players that Inter would be nurturing could be sold in a co-ownership (extremely common in Inter, on the border of becomimg boring to read reports about those type of deals, to be honest) or full ownership. That would help them get a nice climb in the right direction economically and absolutely a better choice than giving routinated players who aren't playing significant roles in the squad rock-solid salaries.

Another positive aspect I noticed with nurturing talents is the fact that it'd A: Would give the team some space to use their two non-EU players position to move in for profic world beaters (assuming the talents they're giving free pass to the A-squad have a passport eglieble within the EU) and B: The wages those promoted youngsters would be give wouldn't match the likes of Forlán or Sneijder are receiving. Zaragoza are giving their younger signings/promoters 300.000 € a year (fantastic wage structure they've got btw - nationally recognized players get 600k, fully recognized, 900k) , so I guess Inter would lie somewhere around there as well.

Not to mention that with Raineri's guidance, I'm sure he'd take a good care of the younger players considering how routinated he is. I mean, just look at how he promoted the likes of Mendieta, Angulo and Cañizares to Valencia or Zola to Napoli. Also, Milan two or three were stuck with old players due to Berlusconi's refusing to spend some money on younger alternatives. We saw the same old, satisfied after all the glories (in other words, unmotivated) players get laughed out by Europe. Now, of course, I doubt Inter would want fill those footsteps. Milan, however, two years later had a new coach in Allegri and brilliant younger players such as Boateng, Merkel and Abate taking home the Scudetto in a brilliant mannern. That footstep is what Inter needs to follow and must notice that before it's too late.

Obviously, I've always rated Chivu a mediocre player ever since joining Inter, so he's not getting any plus from me. :D

Few Russian transfer rumours for Serie A players.

Anzhi are looking to deal with Inter for Sneijder. Be shocked if that actually happens.

Anzhi are also chasing Udinese's Benatia with a reported 15m bid made.

Krasic recently linked with a move to Zenit.

Other rumours:

Barcelona are still tracking Silva.

Lucas Pratto has joined Velez on loan.

Simone Grippo has joined Lugano on loan.

Pablo Barrientos is wanted by Saint Lorentz for about 1m for half his contract.

Inter and Udinese are in talks with a move for Isla.

Milan are interested in a move for Balotelli in the summer.

wouldnt be suprised/Anzhi have good rs with Inter-that is just matter of Sneiders opinion i guess/Krasic head poor time in Italy i guess he would be back/and on Inter subject-great deal for them if they sold Chivu and Stankovic---i would personally sold Maicon to while they still can get decent price for him/Isla would help Inter great/Balotelli move also could happen but if Milan is going to sell few fwd i think they have to many for now---would like to see Ibra-Balotelli deadly duo/i guess Inter should buy few younger players from Udinese-Napoli-Genoa and similar teams,Milito is still class but need behind him more creative players

Coppa Italia

Juve - Milan

Juve (3-5-2): Storari; Barzagli' date=' Bonucci, Chiellini; Caceres, Padoin, Pirlo, Giaccherini, Estigarribia; Borriello, Del Piero.

[b']Milan (4-3-1-2):[/b] Amelia; Bonera, Mexes, Thiago S.; Antonini, Emanuelson, Van Bommel, Ambrosini, Seedor; Ibrahimovic, El Shaarawi.

HT : Milan 0-0 Juve

Still can't netting a goal :o Good match BTW :)

What a debut !!! Càceres oh Martin Càceres :D

Just noticed, he also scoring in his debut for Juve in 2009.(versus Lazio).

All in all, very good match (for me :P). And in 2nd leg we will playing in our own stadium, so nothing we should worried about :D

Who needs Ibrahimovic when we have Antonio Conte ?!

:D

Just noticed' date=' he also scoring in his debut for Juve in 2009.(versus Lazio).

All in all, very good match (for me :P). And in 2nd leg we will playing in our own stadium, so nothing we should worried about :D

[b']Who needs Ibrahimovic when we have Antonio Conte ?![/b]

:D

I still don't get why Juve didn't sign Cáceres the first time he was in Italy. He was great back then and was the only who could walk out of the 2009/2010 season with honour out of all of the defenders alongside Chiellini. Young and versatile, he is. He's exactly what you guys need, and with Marotta being smarter than Secco, I'm sure Cáceres will be a Bianconeri if he produces displays like this one or comes anywhere near his 2009/2010 form. Juve must cough those 11.5m €, no matter how expensive it look in the ol' usual efficient Italian teams eyes.

Next game is on the 23rd of March (I heard the comentator state that, seems far off though). Doubt we'll go through, but that doesn't matter anway considering we'd stand a bigger chance of taking home the Scudetto if Juve would go through. :P

I still don't get why Juve didn't sign Cáceres the first time he was in Italy. He was great back then and was the only who could walk out of the 2009/2010 season with honour out of all of the defenders alongside Chiellini.

Totally agree Pazz' date=' glad he's managed to find his way back to the Old Lady, making such an impressive performance. It's always something to remember when a defender scores 2 goals, in the manner he did, with the stakes on the line, against Diavolo, in more than one way. That winner was a beaut.

Only managed to watch 30 minutes of the match, as I was getting rather aggravated with streams constantly dying on me, plus was furious, on the channel it usually comes on the tele, for some bizarre reason they were showing a Juve-Siena replay, then Palermo-Atalanta, replay.

Apparently, Ibra has been involved in another slapping incident. Last time, against Napoli, he slapped Aronica, shadowing Nocerino, swinging his arm around him, for which he'll serve a 3 match ban. This time, Storari has accused Ibra of slapping him, which Chiellini has backed. Hard to tell whether he did, though at that point in the match frustrations were running high.

[center']

iowhbAuUvlM

[/center]

Lastly, gotta love the Italian media. If you believe them, every club with the exclusion of Milan and Juve, are out for Capello. Ha!

Apparently' date=' Ibra has been involved in another slapping incident. Last time, against Napoli, he slapped Aronica, shadowing Nocerino, swinging his arm around him, for which he'll serve a 3 match ban. This time, Storari has accused Ibra of slapping him, which Chiellini has backed. Hard to tell whether he did, though at that point in the match frustrations were running high.

[center']

iowhbAuUvlM

[/center]

So... fall out from this continues, Galliani going as far as saying, Chiellini is telling porkies, Ibra didn't touch Storari. On the latter, Juve defends Chiellini's story and Storari, that Ibra did slap Storari.

Seen the video a few times now, doesn't seem to be much in it for me, the view, camera is rather distanced, is hard to tell. Who knows.

On the injury front, Gila's injury woes continue, is ruled out for up to a month, with a calf injury. So much for wanting to impress Prandelli, settling into Genoa well.

In-form Miccoli will miss this week's feature, against Cagliari, after suffering a left knee, right thigh injury. No word on a new contract yet either.

So... fall out from this continues' date=' Galliani going as far as saying, Chiellini is telling porkies, Ibra didn't touch Storari. On the latter, Juve defends Chiellini's story and Storari, that Ibra did slap Storari.

Seen the video a few times now, doesn't seem to be much in it for me, the view, camera is rather distanced, is hard to tell. Who knows.[/quote']

Agreed. Just seems as if Chiellini wants to highlight on the 3-match ban the FIGC initially gave Zlatan and with that specific third game being us against Juve, it's fully understanable that Chiellini is over-reacting to this considering that you in normal cases get a two match ban after a direct red card. Of course, Milan has snapped this up and have hired ''the calcio lawyer'', Leandro Cantamessa, who's been cleaning it up for a lot of clubs within Italy's borders at occasions. So Milan wants a two match ban, Chiellini and perhaps even if they don't go out in public, Juve wants it as well.

What the FIGC should look is what Aronica actually said to Zlatan. Ibra wasn't involved in the original duel, so something must have been said. With racism being common over there at occasions, I wouldn't rule out Aronica going on about Zlatan's Balkan roots or something like that.

So, after the game against Udinese the other week, Monto reportedly fled Firenze for Milano. Nothing concrete's been reported yet, but obviously, this only fills on the creampie of rumors that a move to either Milan or Inter is definite after the summer. Of course, playing Monto throughout the season has been catastrophic, as he'll have a decent flow in-game whenever Milan or Inter approaches him this upcoming summer. That of course only speds on the fact La Viola stands there as the real losers and that a single individual has mocked the club on his own. A club where he became the player he is today. That only shows how much of an impact an agent can have on a player today and most importantly, how destroyed of a club, Firenze really are today. Don't bother going into that seeing as I've done it at numerous of tima already...

Anyway, Della Valle should have done a Lotito - banning Monto from becoming a starter. Obviously seeing as Mihajlovic was put under an intense pressure during the first half, it must have been practically impossible for him to bench one of the nowadays few trademarkers of La Viola.

However, it's a fact that Fiorentina made a mistake in not letting him go either this past winter-window or the previous summer one. 3m € might not be much for Monto, but it's for sure better than 0m €. Poor management is an understatement and I can't help to feel sorry for all Viola fans who saw their club compete against Bayern in the quarters of CL two years ago, but have since then faided into the shadows of Napoli and Udinese for the European spots and lost out on key-players such as Gila and Monto.

This upcoming mercato will definitely be the most important in Della Valle's career and in the ''new'' Fiorentina's existence. Monto's got to be replaced, Gila as well (even if Amauri comes on a free it ain't good enough), Corvino has got to go and will most probably leave and some vital parts of the squad need to be fixed with new signings, which hopefully the new director of sports will find cheaply - Della Valle's pockets aren't made of oil).

Also, Pozzo, the Udinese chairman, is looking to fund a takeover-bid for Watford. Seemingly, this would benefit the club most probably considering that Udinese's got an incredible amount of players in their hands. That, of course, could hinder them from loaning all the unneeded players out to clubs allover the world and instead place them at the same spot - in Watford, that is. It would help them getting their unneeded players to gel together and it would be a cheap bit of business for Pozzo, who prefers that all the way, as he wouldn't need to pay big money checks for other players to join Watford.

At the same time, going by that logic of business, it would help him concentrate a lot more on the NO.1 club, Udinese, beacuse he would only loan out already Udinese players to Granada and Watford and of course, he wouldn't need to put into so much effort. What do Udinese get in return then from those clubs? Well, developed players -> which leads to a bigger and more competitive squad -> the already big stars of the team can get sold for big fees and be replaced by them -> so on -> the new stadium that Pozzo will be funding be payed right away with those money he'll receive from the Benatia's, Handanovic's and Isla's and the annual revenue will not be the money that'll see Udinese go green with the stadium - it will only be one shocking bonus!

So Granada, who he's done wonder with taking them from 3rd tier football to La Primiera, and now Watford. You've gotta love Pozzo. :D

Agreed. Just seems as if Chiellini wants to highlight on the 3-match ban the FIGC initially gave Zlatan and with that specific third game being us against Juve' date=' it's fully understanable that Chiellini is over-reacting to this considering that you in normal cases get a two match ban after a direct red card. Of course, Milan has snapped this up and have hired ''the calcio lawyer'', Leandro Cantamessa, who's been cleaning it up for a lot of clubs within Italy's borders at occasions. So Milan wants a two match ban, Chiellini and perhaps even if they don't go out in public, Juve wants it as well.

What the FIGC should look is what Aronica actually said to Zlatan. Ibra wasn't involved in the original duel, so something must have been said. With racism being common over there at occasions, I wouldn't rule out Aronica going on about Zlatan's Balkan roots or something like that.[/quote']

agree Zlatan probably have reason to slap him,at least Aronica should be punished as well,as they punished Rooney for cursing in camera i guess they can see what he said..........

So' date=' after the game against Udinese the other week, Monto reportedly fled Firenze for Milano. Nothing concrete's been reported yet, but obviously, this only fills on the creampie of rumors that a move to either Milan or Inter is definite after the summer.[/quote']

Oh without a doubt, Pazz. I've had this inkling for some time now, when I made that Viola post sometime back, saying Corvino should have dealt with this in the summer, or take a daft €3m offer, even though not fitting to 'Livo's valution, it's public knowledge he's free to leave on a Bosman.

I'm just of the opinion that there is no point in working with a lost cause, especially when it's clear as day, his heart is in Milan, but with who?

There was rumblings he's already pre-agreed a deal with Diavalo and really I wouldn't be surprised, with Galliani being a sneaky sort. I'd expect to see more desperation, like I was expecting to see in a Tevez coup from Moratti. 'Livo is a player Inter could do with more. Which on Inter, nice to see Ranieri, for what seems like once in his life, has the support of the chairman, with Inter denying all the claims that the Tinkerman is set to be replaced with Capello.

Oh, on yesterday Pazz, come on now, a part of you has to be warming to Maxibon, even a teency wincy bit. :D

Bologna vs Juventus POSTPONED !!! :(

Viola match has been postponed for today too, which was noted when they announced the Juve match being postponed. Bloody blizzards. They could just play in snow, would be a laugh.

Been watching Inter-Novara, not a spitting image of that 3-1 win earlier on in the season by Novara. The most exciting thing thus far has been a dirty tackle, in the first half, by Il Drigo, which got everyone on the pitch in a huff, crowding over each other. Quite a few yellows being handed out. Nice to see Poli playing, for once. Still 0-0.

EDIT: Goallllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. Caracciolo. Novara on the counter, off of Inter attacking, looking like they would score, Milito and Lucio both having shots. Centurioni runs onto a GK throw, takes the ball up, onto Caracciolo, say 19/20 yards out, curls one to the far left post. 1-0 Novara. Guess who was caught out... Lucio. Such a FIFA goal.

Rare appearance from an injury plagued Forlan set to happen.

Novara now down to 10 men, Radovanovic, second yellow. 8 mins left. Still 1-0 Novara.

FT: Novara 1 - 0 Inter.

Inter pressed like anything in those last 8 minutes, taking full advantage of Novara having only 10 men, Sneijder hit the bar, Pazzini was robbed by a terrific late save by Ujkani (MOTM).

Oh without a doubt' date=' Pazz. I've had this inkling for some time now, when I made that Viola post sometime back, saying Corvino should have dealt with this in the summer, or take a daft €3m offer, even though not fitting to 'Livo's valution, it's public knowledge he's free to leave on a Bosman.

I'm just of the opinion that there is no point in working with a lost cause, especially when it's clear as day, his heart is in Milan, but with who?

There was rumblings he's already pre-agreed a deal with Diavalo and really I wouldn't be surprised, with Galliani being a sneaky sort. I'd expect to see more desperation, like I was expecting to see in a Tevez coup from Moratti. 'Livo is a player Inter could do with more. Which on Inter, nice to see Ranieri, for what seems like once in his life, has the support of the chairman, with Inter denying all the claims that the Tinkerman is set to be replaced with Capello.[/quote']

100% agree with you there. I really doubt Inter will be his new nest and I just think that these rumors about Inter and Moto are just a falsh. It's just a way of putting on pressure financially on Milan. Just like Inter wanted to do with Tévez, as they want Milan to pay ridiculous prices for players.

It's not that he's exactly needed at Inter as well - I mean, they've already got Cambiasso and Stankovic transporting the ball to the attack and stricting themselves to the defence - which is Monto's job. Sure, they're ageing, but we all know Pazza Inter and I'm sure that they're looking for a marquee signing whenever Cambiasso drops down a level as per usual. We've only got Boateng of decent class that does the same job as Monto, but who else? Nocerino maybe, I'd accept that, though I think he's slightly to defensive for that. Gattuso, Ambro and Van Bommel aren't the same players or in VB's case, ageing. So Boateng-Nocerino-Monto the next season right behind Ganso? :D

It would at least seem likely considering Allegri's rather offensive mentality, which is to be the more offensive team on the pitch - and rightly we should given our status in Italy.

Oh' date=' on yesterday Pazz, come on now, a part of you has to be warming to Maxibon, even a teency wincy bit. :D[/quote']

Oh sssh...! :P

If he breaks down Arsenal, I'll try to get on an internet petition with purpose of him staying at Milan for a bit longer. :D:p

A nice 2nd rate back line to start against Chievo, however it does seem to work and I am becoming a fan of Britos, though can't see why Fernandez isn't playing. Though Théréau, Paloschi and Pellissier especially are a pretty good front 3 and it is a bit worrying with Grava and Aronica both starting.

Pretty simple penalty on Cavani, happy with 2-0 up.

I can see Fernandez, Vargas and Dzemaili on in the 2nd half sometime.

Edit: Bit off. Pandev and Maggio on. Lavezzi and Hamsik off so far. Vargas on for Cavani, injures himself. Pulled muscle or something.

@ Pazz: Haha, Ganso. This fool doesn't even want to leave Santos apparently. Well I call him a fool, but fair play, loyalty served. Good luck with that one though, think there's far too thick negotiations to be done there.

I'd rather lead with El Shaarawy, this kid is nothing short of brilliant. He's stepping up his game every time Allegri has shown faith in him, outplaying Robinho and Emmanuelson. I do fear the worse for him though come summer, that he may be pushed to one side pending on your summer signings.

Must say, this does look rather nifty for next season, although reports spreading that Tevez may be will to patch things up with City, though I'm not sure Mancini will appreciate Tevez, saying 'He talked to me like I was his dog'. when barking to go and warm-up again, after a tiff with Dzeko. I'll go with the same mid as you. Also, if I may add, I'd love to see Paloschi to be given a chance with Milan, than be sent out on loan, without a doubt my favourite Milan player, with the great Pirlo's departure. He's got an abundance of talent.

Ibra - Tev

El Sharaawy

Boateng - Nocerino - 'Livo

I agree with you in that, Diavolo do need a more defensive minded mid, but who knows, Flamini, back with vengeance?

Been watching Roma-Siena, rather vaguely to be honest, checking up on all this Hazard stuff. The Giallorossi are dominating on the ball, I really mean that, they've accounted for over 70% of the possession, yet nothing to show for it.

Both sides have had chances, Destro missed one, when he opted to try and lob Stekelenberg. Lamela has looked the most dangerous for Roma, has forced Pegolo to continue his great run of form, pulling off some impressive saves. May take something special to beat him in this one.

Second half about to start.

EDIT: Wow. A moment of stupidity from, who else, Kjaer. Seriously, how many times have we seen this from Kjaer this season. Takes out Destro, carelessly, penalty. Cannot see Baldini and LE, making his move permanent, once summer approaches, will be surprised if they do.

In short, Calaio, takes the peno, goes bottom right, and scores. 1-0 Siena. Roma had everything going their way.

Well, there it is. Siena 1 - 0 Roma. FT. Roma just couldn't break down Siena, despite all their possession, countless, extravagant passing in the middle (sounds like some I know on FIFA), just couldn't beat Pegolo either. At the end of the day it just looked like Siena wanted it more, there work rate all over the pitch was exemplary, with a great show of support from very vocal tifosi.

Calaio seems to be on a bit of a hot streak, having scored 5 now, in the last 6, whilst Destro continues to look like magic (hope he gets his move in the summer, even on a co-ownership, everything breathes quality about him).

Just reading some thread around the forum, and i found few post who compared us (Serie A teams) to Championship League (England Second Division league) and claim that we are rubbish league etc.... :eek::confused:

Just one question in my head, He, She or They have a brain in his head or not ?!?

They moaning that Milan, Juve etc in the same level with Southampton, Derby County and whatever :eek: Absolutelly Silly coment :eek:

and back to rumour news, Adrian Nikci (22) from FC Zurich has been linked with Fiorentina. Also his fellow team-mate Koch, been linked with Lazio and Parma in the last couple days.

Just reading some thread around the forum' date=' and i found few post who compared us (Serie A teams) to Championship League (England Second Division league) and claim that we are rubbish league etc.... :eek::confused:

Just one question in my head, He, She or They have a brain in his head or not ?!?

They moaning that Milan, Juve etc in the same level with Southampton, Derby County and whatever :eek: Absolutelly Silly coment :eek:[/quote']

Would not worry about that, those posts were made on the Goonies thread, signs of intelligence are non-existent.

Some random referred to Pato as being one of Milan's greatest threats, when injured, having only scored 3 goals this season, not to mention, being completely out of sync with Ibra. Then, when corrected about Pato, even referred to Pato's injury as being a "rumour", when we in fact he has been injured for some time (as we know).

These people are so far up Poxlade-Chamberlain's jacksie, as well as RvP, think they've forgotten about, Maxibon (if Ibra doesn't do them in, yes, well aware of him missing from the big stage), El Shaarawy (kid revelation), the sheer aggressiveness in the middle with Nocerino, MvB, the best CB out of both sides, in Silva, the over-lapping, attacking backs in Abate and Mesbah, where lies my only concern for Milan. They have been caught out on the counter these past few matches, more on the right side, through Mesbah, they'll have to be sharp tracking back, or be more conservative in their runs. I'd also add Robinho into that equation, if he could actually finish his chances, and how can you ever count out Seedorf, who is still as cunning and deceiving, no matter his age. How many times has he bailed Diavolo out.

(Put your post here - the more relevant thread, per my reply)

If we're talking about the entertainment level of the Serie A' date=' then I'd go one further and say the English championship is of higher standards. Obviously the Serie A have a lot better players than those at championship level, but no were near the same level of entertainment.[/b'] Probably because as times have gone on, we see a lot more 0-0 and 1-0 games. Just my opinion though, I don't really watch any Italian football, so I'm just going off results.

Utter tripe. Sorry, Ben.

As you say, about yourself, I quote, "I don't really watch any Italian football, so I'm just going off results." Whilst in your opinion, it holds no substance whatsoever, is a blind opinion. Anything you may say to back it up, has no counter claim on your behalf due to what you've stated, as a fact, - you don't watch. You said it.

Your opinion is based off the most common, stereotypical answer, from somebody that doesn't watch a lick of Calcio, no viable premise stated to back up your claim. Boring, dull, ultra-defensive, a tacticians league, etc..., which on your point, leaves the entertainment value of the league to be undesired, as well as the standards being lower than the Fizzy Pop League? Really.

What are you basing this off when you don't watch? Results you've gandered over? Most of which you say you've seen have been "0-0 or 1-0 games". That's rather daft. Is it not one thing to check up on results, as oppose to watching the match, this goes for any league, not just Serie A. It's basically like rating/judging a player, you've not seen, but have scurried over to a few random statistics websites, basing your judgement off numbers.

On these constant 0-0 or 1-0 results, when was the last time you checked.... Calcio Poli/Moggi era? We've been witness to some absolute classics this year, continue to do so, though I do give Inter some partial credit for that, as their idea of tactical defending is running around in a circle. Another note, some of those draws, or narrow wins have been real gutsy affairs, packed with action, don't be taken by a close, low-scoring affairs. Siena-Roma, Inter-Novara, Roma, Inter dominated, yet still lost, as far as the reputation of all 4 clubs go, the minnows win. On Inter, how is it that a team with 9 losses, find themselves still in 5th, still in the running for a CL spot, because lesser teams are getting better, slowly. Here's a stat for you too on Inter, the last time Inter lost nine of their opening 23 Serie A matches was in 1957-58! The standard of this league is on the up, since distractions and scandals of the past.

On low scoring... yeah, How about those epic 4-3 and 4-4 matches, between Inter-Palermo, how about the great matches Milan-Juve have had, Caceras of all people downing Diavolo. Catania-Genoa anyone? When was the last time Catania have scored 4. Borini and Lamela, further humbling Inter, 4-0? Cagliari trouncing Roma, in a 6 goal affair, Grifoni-Palermo, 8 goals. I could go on, this season has had tons of cracking matches. I am in now way, shape or form buying the 0-0, 1-0, stuff.

As for the standards, the days of where fantistas were shunned upon in the 90's, in Italy, is a thing of the past. A player like Zola was almost considered taboo in those days, thus his transfer from Parma, after being made to play very conservative positions to hold a result in a very tactics based league, despite his goal scoring/play-making attributes at that time. Times have changed, if they were so, Juve would have never tried to get Diego, little Gio would have fled, Kaka would have never been.

If you're referring to the history of Italian football in general, with regards to "standards", then yes, you can call Caclio rotten to the core, since football was first brought over from England. Blame politics, blame the viareggio charter, blame Stallin, blame FIAT, blame Pirelli. Blame the idea of this being a game, purely meant for an active healthy lifestyle in Italy, which then turned to a business, because it was illegal to be paid as a footballer, people took money on the side. Blame transfers, how write-offs were made on the side, blame the FIGC. This goes on (have a pry at Pazz & my VM convo if you want more)... Back on track.

More this year out of recent ones, has seen a parity amongst numerous clubs, surprises in Udinese, Lazio, clawing out, what should have been an expected Napoli challenging for the Scudetto. Add to that the rebuild of Roma, under DB (heavy investment), bringing in Baldini and LE (former Barca B manager), which has seen Roma adopt a 4-3-3 formation, LE trying to bring the ethos of Barca to Roma, has seen them play some exciting, possession football, very uncanny for an Italian team. Siena has formed a lethal partnership in Calaio and Destro, who have made a mess for opposition, Viola and Grifoni, are currently under a overhaul, teams below them have somewhat surpassed them. Look at Juve, what a season they're having, NO LOSSES, in league play, in February, does that not say something of quality of an Italian side, in particular looking at their opposition.

The Serie A is getting better, the idea and thought of the Fizzy Pop league, being of higher standard is a joke. Better entertainment value? Debatable. I don't watch, simply, I won't judge. You should have done the same. Sorry if this comes off as a lecture, but I'm not having any of that.

Juventus (3-5-2)

Parma (3-5-2)

Hmm. Look at Conte... trying to show some versatility' date=' matching Donadoni's tactics. Still a very scary 3-5-2 on the Old Lady's behalf, love that line of 3 CB's, doesn't get much better than that.

A lot of build-up in this one has been around Giovinco, whether Juve will make a summer move to re-sign him. Quite a few people having been weighing in, even Zola, so I read, labelling him a DP's 'perfect replacement'. I'd just hate for little Gio to come back to Turin, be, once again, put in a compromised position, where he's more or less rotated around, then finding himself on the subs (granted he has gotten a lot better).

Aside from the match, on Milan-Arsenal, looks as if the Goonies, are up to no good, their supporters, some, out of a group of 200, have clashed with the police, after they apparently hurled abuse, chased 2 Milan fans, then when told to stop, began hurling bottles, cans all over the Piazza.

EDIT:

[b']OUCH![/b]

Mazzari's match ban (Champions League), has been confirmed, after his appeal was rejected, by UEFA, who have now made it a 3 match ban, from 2. This means Napoli will be without their manager for both legs against Chelsea.

This was the incident in question as to why he was given the initial 2 match ban. Nilmar wondered into his technical box, following the ball, where Mazzari felt he was just wasting time, so shoved him.

mqXHpFWOYiQ

Juventus (3-5-2)

Buffon

Barzagli_Bonucci_Chiellini

Lichtsteiner_Vidal_Pirlo_Marchisio_Cello

Vucinic_Matri

Vs Parma (3-5-2)

Pavarini

Zaccardo

Ferrario

Lucarelli

Morrone

Valiani

Modesto

Mariga

Biabiany

Giovinco

Floccari

HT still 0-0. :o

Vucinic got some great chances to sent the ball to net, but hmmmm...

Also heading from Keyser Chiello hit the bar in the early match.

Free kick from Metonome just a bit above the bar :o

No great chance for Parma, our defender still too good for them (For every team in the world to be honest :D)

tVXvVDFBpqE

Milan: Abbiati; Abate, Thiago Silva, Mexes, Antonini; Van Bommel, Nocerino, Seedorf; Boateng; Ibrahimovic, Robinho.

Subs: Amelia, Nesta, Bonera, Ambrosini, Emanuelson, Pato, El Shaarawy.

Goonies: Szczesny; Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs; Song, Rosicky; Walcott, Ramsey, Arteta; Van Persie

Subs: Fabianski, Djourou, Benayoun, Coquelin, Henry, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Arshavin.

Just this one time Pazz....

FORZA MILAN!

3bandiera.gif