Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Absolutely dominated the match' date=' still can't scored a bloody goal !!

Caceres, Mirko, Fabio, Pirlo, and Principino got some goalscoring chances, yet no goals :o

Young dudes, Milanovic vs Esti, both down to the ground. No sweat no glory, young boys :)[/quote']

Fabio's was the worst, that miss in the 1-on-1 was a shocker :o

Yeah mate' date=' at least duo Fabio-Mirko looks better than Marco-Mirko :D

Hopefully, Duo Alessandro playing in the 2nd half.[/quote']

Very true, i can't stand Borriello lol

I think a change up front is likely, i would love to see ADP brought on :D

Second half is underway!!

Good win for La Viola. Vital infact. Il Moggi's will keep on drawing so I'm not frustrated. Well at least in comparison after those cheating Spaniards kicked us out from CL...

Ciao.

More like cheap' date=' cheap, cheap, cheap ...

Speaking of cheap, looks like Milan have been awarded their weekly penalty, are leading at half-time due to it, 1-0.

The penalty was awarded after Nastasic took down Maxi, yeah, hard to think so isn't it, comparing the size of the two. He barely touched his shirt, the contact was minimal, though the ref though otherwise, felt Nast had pulled Maxi to ground, cue a Ibra goal, off a penalty.

It's rather bitter, considering Fiorentina started off so well, at times were seeing a lot of the ball. Delio Rossi has gone with a 3-5-2, it's actually fairing well, Kharja, the surprise inclusion and Lazzari have been good. I thought we may see shades of Ljajic's FK from last week, it was in the near exact spot, yet he skied it, just over. Both Kharja and Lazzari have come close to scoring too, narrowly missing. De Silvestri has also been making some great runs along that right side. Maxi's managed to bash the bar on Milan's part.

[b']EDIT:[/b]

GOAL VIOLA! JO-JO! Only a minute into the second, he gets in 1 on 1 with Abbiati, tucks it under him. Great ball by Pasqual! 1-1.

How would you two sum up Nastasic's performance today? Apparently a few EPL teams are interested in him.

Fully deserved win for us' date='

Thanks to our tiredless M-V-P and our defender who keep us clean-sheet.

Also thumbs up for Palermo youthfull guards, Munoz-Milanovic-Labrin. Especially Munoz and Milanov. Both looks very promising lads.

[b']SALAM CAPOLISTA !!![/b]

Another one bites the dust.

I said I would rather regret throwing Palermo's name in the hat out of those teams that could possibly beat you this month, though I hinted at them getting thrashed should you win, which a 2-0 loss is hardly.

Credit to the Rosanero, especially when you taken injuries and suspensions into account, they faired decently, even if the result was bound to go only one way.

As for il Bianconeri, you live to fight another day, move up to 1st place by 1 point (Milan match in-hand), now Lazio and Roma (lord knows after today) awaits out of the remaining fixtures this month, where I think you could incur a loss.

Glad Conte again put out DP10 in the second half, almost had a great scoring chance, which was saved by Viviano. It's probably, again the only reason I watched the match, to see whether he'd feature, as his black ' white days wind down.

How about's Quag's strike, very nice, and Bonucci's header off Pirlo's cross, as perfect as a set piece could get. At least him and Vidal didn't follow it up with that stupid boxing celebration they did against Viola.

I was really hoping to see something special from Miccoli and Ilicic, whilst it never really happened, it looked towards the end there Palermo just might pull one back, the cross being to out of Ilicic's reach though. Both were missing for the most part of the match.

Agree with you on Munoz, Pitung, he looks like he could really be something down the line, whether it's with Mutti's tutelage, I'm not so sure, can see Zamperini pulling the trigger again in the summer. He is part mafioso, patience is not a virtue, it's measured in points.

Game was sickening to watch. Another pathetic display by our "trio" outside of Lavezzi. Aronica really is our worst player. Even more pathetic was watching Ledesma dive. Only real quality players had to be Konko, Candreva, Lavezzi and I was impressed with Campagnaro. Rocchi was decent up front alone as well.

Game was sickening to watch. Another pathetic display by our "trio" outside of Lavezzi. Aronica really is our worst player. Even more pathetic was watching Ledesma dive. Only real quality players had to be Konko' date=' Candreva, Lavezzi and I was impressed with Campagnaro. Rocchi was decent up front alone as well.[/quote']

Yep, i'm absolutely gutted with that performance too many costly errors and i think fatigue has set in, as the team looked jaded out there tonight. Lavezzi was fantastic as usual and i think the crucial moment in the game was Pandev missing that tap-in not long after the restart, how he missed that i don't know :rolleyes:

Had that gone in the game may of been different, but now our hopes of CL football next season are diminishing quickly :(

Yep' date=' i'm absolutely gutted with that performance too many costly errors and i think fatigue has set in, as the team looked jaded out there tonight. Lavezzi was fantastic as usual and i think the crucial moment in the game was Pandev missing that tap-in not long after the restart, how he missed that i don't know :rolleyes:

Had that had gone in the game may of been different, but now our hopes of CL football next season are diminishing quickly :([/quote']

Lazio having head to head over us now, we're 7 poitns adrift. I really don't know what Mazzarri was thinking. Dzemaili out wide, 4 CB's as our back 4. Hamsik was useless being so far back, even more then usual as he really hasn't shown up this season. Lavezzi is brilliant though. Back heel to Pandev, who I don't get why was taken off and Dzemaili wasn't for Vargas. We missed Gargano heavily though.

Lazio having head to head over us now' date=' we're 7 poitns adrift. I really don't know what Mazzarri was thinking. Dzemaili out wide, 4 CB's as our back 4. Hamsik was useless being so far back, even more then usual as he really hasn't shown up this season. Lavezzi is brilliant though. Back heel to Pandev, who I don't get why was taken off and Dzemaili wasn't for Vargas. We missed Gargano heavily though.[/quote']

Mazzarri got it badly wrong without a doubt, Dzemaili out wide was completely stupid as he was totally ineffectual the whole game - why Mazzarri didnt take him off and try something new i don't know, he's so slow to react to things. Hamsik and Inler were sloppy in the middle, with Hamsik's terribly mistimed pass almost leading to a goal. De Sanctis also had a bad game, he should of done much better with their first goal and after that flapped at any cross entering the danger zone.

Yeah i agree, Gargano as well as Maggio were heavily missed.

I find it somewhat ironic a fan of Italian football has the nerve to ever use the 'cheat' accusation toward another countries club.

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=65305. :)

Considering Match fixing and similar instances have been rife in the Italian game since the 50's at least' date=' I think you may have to just swallow your pride and admit you were 'outbid' on this one.;)[/quote']

Outbided? Yes, possibly, game-wise at least. Cheated? Yes, definitely. We should have had a penalty if the ref would have a clear vision as Ibra was clearly fouled on. Let alone Barca's second penalty. Those waving hands are an instant classic nowadays. So, in theory, 2-1 to Barca by the beginning of the second half - which, technically, would have been an extra pedigree for Milan to retain a victory over for the reminder of the game.

It isn't the first time I've seen them act like this either. I think I was even more scared of them actually cheating us out of the tournament rather than playing us out of it.

What an overhead kick goal from Mauri !!

Perfect finish !

That was brilliant' date=' was watching it again today. Definitely measures up to Papiss Cisse's chip this past week.

Also loved the first Lazio goal, the build-up was superb, mostly by Konko, the run, then the little dink over to Rocchi, one touched off to Candreva, hits it off the pass, helped by poor goal-tending thanks to De Sanctis and poor defending really, goal.

As for the third Lazio goal, where to begin. First the sloppy Inler give away, similar to Abate's against Barca, thought this one being on the edge of the '18, then Britos even making a further mess of things. When they showed Mazzari's face after the penalty call, his reaction was priceless; [i']'Yep, standard.'[/i]

Lazio win, Udinese win, Milan, Napoli, Roma, Catania, lose, Inter draw, Juve alas top the table. Interesting. Can't help but feel Napoli's evil sister, Grapoli, may be getting the best of her, just as Roma's defensive breakdown to a 3 at the back shows no consistency.

A saving grace for Napoli and Milan next week, depending on the outcome; Roma face Udinese, Lazio face il Bianconeri, Milan have Chievo, whilst Napoli play Atalanta, a must win.

7 matches left, Limoncello anyone?

Oh, only 7 games left then. Didn't realise we are still UNDEFEATED/UNBEATEN/IMBATUTTA/TOO GREAT/TAK TERKALAHKAN after 31 league match :D

Rumours board :

Il Diavolo looking for young goalie, now Mattia Perin and Sinan Bolat on their radar.

Inter looking to bring back their "Bad Boy", The Famous Balo ! Also rumoured, Inter interested with De Jong.

Lazio duel with Ajax to sign Sapunaru

Liverpool also after Ezequiel Schelotto

Juve's talent scout still keen on some French talents.

Press is seemingly gunning for Allegri to get the sack!

I'm not a Milan fan, but surely that would be a bad decision? I think he's done a brilliant job for the club, he's bought well, sold well and adapted the players very well. He's trimmed down the average age of his team drastically and he has solid depth. I know it's a possibility that Juve may win the league, but if Milan were to sack him, surely that'd be harsh. I mean, c'mon, he delivered in his first season and how can you expect to win the league over a side that are still unbeaten, ableit, a high number of draws. It was always going to be one loss for Milan and one win for Juve to put the pressure back on him, but with the way the media talk, you'd swear they've been dreadful all season.

Press is seemingly gunning for Allegri to get the sack!

I'm not a Milan fan' date=' but surely that would be a bad decision? I think he's done a brilliant job for the club, he's bought well, sold well and adapted the players very well. He's trimmed down the average age of his team drastically and he has solid depth. I know it's a possibility that Juve may win the league, but if Milan were to sack him, surely that'd be harsh. I mean, c'mon, he delivered in his first season and how can you expect to win the league over a side that are still unbeaten, ableit, a high number of draws. It was always going to be one loss for Milan and one win for Juve to put the pressure back on him, but with the way the media talk, you'd swear they've been dreadful all season.[/quote']

Yeah, the press completly annoying.

There is no point to sack Allegri. He has doing a great job with Diavolo.