Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Udinese have announced that they will no longer be accepting donations for the severely disabled sister of Piermario Morosini.

The Serie A club had set up the fund on Monday with the hopes of raising enough money to provide support to Maria Carla Morosini, who is in a nursing home in the province of Bergamo.

However, the initiative has been suspended after Atalanta president Antonio Percassi personally pledged to look after Maria Carla for the rest of her life.

All those who have already donated will be contacted by Udinese to find out whether they want to be reimbursed or send their money to Maria Carla anyway.

They will also be invited to watch the rescheduled Serie A match between Udinese and Inter at the Stadio Friuli on Wednesday, April 25.

Morosini died after suffering a suspected heart attack in the Serie B match between Livorno and Pescara on Saturday.

A minute's silence in honour of the midfielder will be held in every match that takes place until the end of the week in Italy.

That's what I call respect from Percassi.

Couple of Fiorentina stories today...

Seems as if there has been a lead on who the first place candidate is, with regards to Corvino's replacement, former Inter technical director, Gabriele Oriali. Beats feeding off of nostalgia, hearing names like Rui Costa and Jorgensen being linked to the job.

Personally I'd have no quarrel of Oriali taking the reigns from Corvino, he has a proven track record, as someone Moratti used as a transfer consultant since '01, till 2010 (left just before Benitez's reign, supposedly Branca threw him under the table, cue back-room politics). Really his only black stain whilst at Inter was with the whole Recoba drama. He was part responsible for acquiring the player with a fake passport, the same happened with Veron, whilst at Lazio, with another director. No penalty came of it, for Oriali other than a fine, whilst Recoba was banned for 1 year, later reduced to 4 months, and lost his Italian nationality.

Montolivo's name has also arisen today, what a shame, over the past month the 'where's he going' game has become rather quiet in Italy, I think most of us know why, because he is destined to go to Milano, and surprise, surprise, today's story is no different, this time entailing supposed details of 'Livo's deal with Milan.

Nazione - "The Italian international has allegedly agreed a contract until 2016 with the Diavolo, where he will earn €2.5m a season."

In other stories and such;

The future of Destro still remains uncertain. Co-owned by Siena and Genoa, it still remains to be seen where he'll go next season. He's hot property and has been linked to clubs bigger than both of these, like Inter.

Robben hints possible Juve move? “Juventus have had a great season, they are looking to rebuild and they have a team with a great future." Who knows, I'd rather not go into this one, it would take Juve to a whole different level though.

On Juve, they're said to be considering possible summer moves for El Kaddouri and Drogba.

Also with regards to yesterday's story going on about how Inter could possibly make a move to get back Eto'o, representative Peppino Tirri, has been quick to shun such a move down; “The only way that Eto’o could go back to Inter is on loan, but that is something that is impossible for now.”

Montolivo has supposedly already agreed terms to join Milan in the summer at 2.5m a season. Of course, with how many times he's signed for Milan already, they could field 11 of him.

It does feel good, Inler's now come out and claimed he feels he didn't make a mistake of joining Napoli, along with Hamsik claiming he won't be leaving any time soon. Lavezzi is also still happy at Napoli and doesn't want to leave.

We've also been linked to Chivu, but Inter's sporting director and Chivu's agent turned down the link, claiming we've never made contact (hope that stays true too).

Milan joins the race for Dortmund's Kagawa.

Milan are also facing Spurs in the race for Ganso, and could use Robinho in a Part exchange.

Juventus are close to demanding an answer from Pogba after his agent claims no decision is close to being made. Also as pointed out, Robben is linked.

Inter are looking at Song as Arsenal are still tracking M'Vila.

Another old link, Juventus are tracking Drogba.

Filip Djuricic is being tracked by a host of clubs, Juventus as favorites at the moment after scouting him multiple times this season. His supposed preferred destination is Spain but wouldn't turn down Italy.

Juan rules out leaving Roma for Brazil this summer.

It does feel good' date=' Inler's now come out and claimed he feels he didn't make a mistake of joining Napoli, along with Hamsik claiming he won't be leaving any time soon. Lavezzi is also still happy at Napoli and doesn't want to leave.

We've also been linked to Chivu, but Inter's sporting director and Chivu's agent turned down the link, claiming we've never made contact (hope that stays true too).[/quote']

Yeah it's very reassuring when you hear our most important players commit to us, i've been growing very uncomfortable with the amount of clubs linked to our stars and i'm not looking forward to the summer mercato...

I agree mate, i sincerely hope that we look younger than Chivu and i certainly wouldn't support a move to make him our highest payed player!!

That's good news about Djuricic as well, i have him in a lot of my game worlds so hopefully he secures a move to one of the bigger European clubs :)

Yeah it's very reassuring when you hear our most important players commit to us' date=' i've been growing very uncomfortable with the amount of clubs linked to our stars and i'm not looking forward to the summer mercato...

I agree mate, i sincerely hope that we look younger than Chivu and i certainly wouldn't support a move to make him our highest payed player!!

That's good news about Djuricic as well, i have him in a lot of my game worlds so hopefully he secures a move to one of the bigger European clubs :)[/quote']

Even if we beat Chelsea and got 3rd, they'd still be linked away as we're still not considered a "top team" and the media's favorite's with the huge fan base (Pool, Chelsea, Arsenal, United, City, Juventus, Inter, Milan, Barca, Madrid) and even PSG were always going to be linked.

I agree, Chivu, if he was good, I wouldn't mind, but he's been extremely poor for a couple seasons now.

We're one of the clubs linked with Djuricic. Though I don't think we'll chase him as De Laurentiis wants to improve the squad. I don't think we're far off a team that can challenge on all fronts, maybe not winning, but not having this huge slide down due to fatigue and whatnot, but depth is definitely needed. And actually using the depth is needed.

So following the positive news of yesterday, with Fiorentina finally heading in the right direction with Oriali being the frontrunner to replace Corvino, today brings some slightly negative news.

Firstly, the not so negative news that there's a lot of talk Delio Rossi will bench a perfectly fit Montolivo for Sunday's match against Inter. His main reason for doing so, being 'Livo's current run of form, which to be fair has been abysmal. Hopefully that means Lazzari will start.

Secondly, pertaining to the Inter match, the not so great news. JoJo has picked up a knock in training, described as, "suffered a contracture in the rectus femoris muscle". The club staff have to put him on a strict workout and therapy regimen for the rest of the week. As of now he is very much doubtful for Sunday's match.

You add into this equation for the Inter match, if JoJo isn't fit, in addition to Amauri, who will be unavailable for selection, serving a suspension, via too many yellow cards, Delio Rossi has a selection crisis on his hands as to who'll play up front. There are no other natural forwards. You would think Babacar but Corvino was too blinded in Silva (now sold, after only 6 months).

Cerci will probably be the most obvious choice, despite being out of favour the last few matches due to his dramatics against Juventus, in addition to his reputation built as the season has gone on, for breaking curfew, being out late prior to match days. As we've seen before though, with Cerci playing ST, it just doesn't work, takes him out of a position where he is even a bigger threat.

Just read an interesting interview with Muntari, questioned on his time with Inter, where he really doesn't hold back on some of his answers, particularly when asked about the REAL il Diavolo in disguise, Branca. It's all politics with him. Think of Moratti as the pope, Branca his ever longing disciple, breastfed and all.

Muntari - “Who? Branca. Please, write down his name.

When he entered the changing rooms, he wanted me to bow down to him as if he was my God. But, he and I are both employees and paid by Massimo Moratti.

The truth is that none of the Inter players can stand him. I’m a man, a clean man. He, instead, is a fake.

I couldn’t take it any longer after three years. Before I left for the African Cup of Nations, I told his associate Piero Ausilio that my patience had come to an end.”

Strong words indeed, probably deserved too.

Following up the Hamsik talk of yesterday, Sky Italia are reporting that's he supposedly signed a one-year contract extension, keeping him at Napoli till 2016. Can only be good news.

What I'm more intrigued by when it comes to his immediate future is where DP stands with regards to the Azzurri' date=' whether Prandelli will come calling, especially seeing as any hope surrounded around Rossi, sleeps with the fishes, with his knee injury, ruled out for 6 months (red flag for Juve). The uncertainty around Cassano. Could this be the first time since '08 we see DP back in blue?

Maybe it's just euphoric nostalgic feeling building now but I genuinely believe he should be up for consideration.

His competition is fairly strong when looking at STs/CFs/CAMs, who could play a same role, or position, even after we omit Cass (still in consideration though), Rossi; Matri, Quag (consistency problem), Borini, Gio, Pazz (on form, one has to question him), Balotelli, Osvaldo, DiNa (fitness issue), Miccoli (fitness).

If Prandelli is looking to go younger you could even throw Paloschi and Destro into that mix, as well as El Shaarawy, though I think this may not be his time.[/quote']

Wrote that a few weeks back, seems as if Prandelli may actually be considering Del Piero and even Totti for a possible return to the National squad in years (Totti - '06, ADP - '08). He certainly is keeping all doors open, also DiNA's name has popped up too.

“When it comes to dealing with Totti and Del Piero, it requires great respect.

Will they be called up for Euro 2012? It is best not to say things like that, but they have certainly given a great deal to Italian football and I am convinced they have much to give.

The evaluations I will make when choosing a squad will not only be regarding their birth certificates.

As for Antonio Cassano, we are waiting for him. He is recuperating with great enthusiasm and determination from the problem he had to deal with.”

Even if we beat Chelsea and got 3rd' date=' they'd still be linked away as we're still not considered a "top team" and the media's favorite's with the huge fan base (Pool, Chelsea, Arsenal, United, City, Juventus, Inter, Milan, Barca, Madrid) and even PSG were always going to be linked.

I agree, Chivu, if he was good, I wouldn't mind, but he's been extremely poor for a couple seasons now.

We're one of the clubs linked with Djuricic. Though I don't think we'll chase him as De Laurentiis wants to improve the squad. I don't think we're far off a team that can challenge on all fronts, maybe not winning, but not having this huge slide down due to fatigue and whatnot, but depth is definitely needed. And actually using the depth is needed.[/quote']

I actually find it insulting that we aren't considered one of the 'bigger clubs' in Italy. We have a great history, with the 1970s and the Maradona era being particular highlights. Of course we had a huge bad spell but during our time in the lower echelons of Italian football we still pulled in massive attendances at our home games. In my opinion there are no better fans in Italy than the Neapolitans and they way De Laurentiis has rebuilt the side has been nothing short of fantastic. If we can hold onto our best players the horizon is definitely very bright, and with a bit more depth i think we can challenge for the Scudetto in the future. We will never get the recognition we deserve from the media but what Southern Italian team will? :rolleyes:

Yeah i agree i don't expect any marquee signings this mercato as we don't need any because we already have most of the key components in place. The only areas we need to improve on are definitely defence as well as left-wing because i don't really rate Dossena.

I actually find it insulting that we aren't considered one of the 'bigger clubs' in Italy. We have a great history' date=' with the 1970s and the Maradona era being particular highlights. Of course we had a huge bad spell but during our time in the lower echelons of Italian football we still pulled in massive attendances at our home games. In my opinion there are no better fans in Italy than the Neapolitans and they way De Laurentiis has rebuilt the side has been nothing short of fantastic. If we can hold onto our best players the horizon is definitely very bright, and with a bit more depth i think we can challenge for the Scudetto in the future. We will never get the recognition we deserve from the media but what Southern Italian team will? :rolleyes:

Yeah i agree i don't expect any marquee signings this mercato as we don't need any because we already have most of the key components in place. The only areas we need to improve on are definitely defence as well as left-wing because i don't really rate Dossena.[/quote']

Rumours about we submitted a 1m bid for 17 year old Peruvian center back Edison Flores Peralta. I think the problem is we're not giving the youngsters we have a chance. Multiple times Aronica should not have played and we had two youngsters who should have had more of a chance. Though he is only 17 and not 22 so he'll probably go on loan. Not really a big waste of money if he doesn't work out, compared to say, Vargas.

Now the media have finally caught up to Hamsik extending his deal till 2016. Don't know how many times De Laurentiis had to say it before they finally got it.

Fideleff is linked away. If Blackburn can stay up, Formica wants him to join him at Blackburn. Never really got a fair shake. Too bad we couldn't loan him.

As for who to bring in. I would say, 1 defender as Aronica looks to have signed a new contract and I don't know about Grava, a Left wing back, a forward and let Vargas go on loan and another AM, Raffael has been heavily linked to us as when Lavezzi's out we look almost hopeless.

Guys' date=' I got Mattia Destro, Lorenzo Insigne and Marco Veratti in one of my forum gameworlds :)

How good can they become? :P Im hoping these 3 young under 21 italians can become stars :)[/quote']

First two are extremely talented. De Laurentiis and Insigne's agent want him to go on loan one more time, possibly to a Serie A club next season, and hopefully Pescara if they get promoted and then hope the following season he'll be ready for Napoli. But he's lighting it up and has mass potential.

Destro is beyond quality. No doubt he's heading for a top 7-8 team. Roma, Napoli, Milan, Juventus and Inter have all been linked with him.

From what I remember Verratti was called one of the most talented 16 year old to ever step on the pitch in 09 and was touted as the next Totti. Now 19, he's getting some good game time. Most recently having scouts sent by Inter and Juventus to watch him. Roma's been looking at him and we attempted to get him in 2011. Another top talent, though I can honestly say I have hardly seen him.

Guys' date=' I got Mattia Destro, Lorenzo Insigne and Marco Veratti in one of my forum gameworlds :)

How good can they become? :P Im hoping these 3 young under 21 italians can become stars :)[/quote']

Destro - Pretty much my opinion on Destro.

I actually really like Destro mate. He's like a rabid wolverine in the '18' date=' can be very scrappy, then there is times you're just like - 'WHAT!? How did he do that!' Has a great skill-set of pace, his quality of dribbling at times is brilliant, he's showed that this season, he can make a headache of things, and an eye for goal, part Ascoli and part out of the coveted Inter youth system.

This is going to sound out of sorts, sometimes when I see him play he actually reminds me of Di Natale. I know, not the comparison I should be making considering Di Natale is an absolute ledge, has 3 times the amount of goals Destro has this season, plus is a consistent 20+ goal scorer, the modern day, still going, Alan Shearer of Calcio, one of the best Italian forwards of all-time (this is starting to sound like a plug for Di Natale - back on track).

Destro's on loan at the moment, from Genoa, at Siena (co-owned by both), has been rather instrumental for the Robur, Sannino opting to go with Calaio and Destro in the XI. Both are very like for like, Calaio being a bit more multidimensional in his play, does have more goals in their partnership (Calaio's 9, to Destro's 6). He's also involved in the U21 setup, makes up a core group of forwards Italia have coming through their ranks in Paloschi (BEAST), Gabbiadini, and Destro, himself.

If we're talking in SM terms, buying-wise, it's a just a shame he's on a rather struggling Siena side (at the moment very much in the relegation battle), though they've made waves in the Coppa Italia, reaching the semis. If there is no chance of a full buy-out for Siena, nor Destro chooses to remain their, it's hard to see where his future lies with the Grifoni.

Genoa, like Viola are very much pushing through an overhaul (they've had 3 managers as of recent), have an abundance of forwards (tons are on loan - they have a very big squad), quite a few of whom are young in Pratto, Ribas, not to mention the likes of Gila, which on top of that you add Palacio (depending on formation), Jorquera, Ze Eduardo, Jankovic, it's hard to see where Destro fits into the picture. Marino wasn't the manager when Destro was sent out, so if he sees his progression as to hold onto him, which he should, Destro should be in the Grifoni squad next year, or even better, may be sold off (co-owned perhaps), to a more permanent place (Palermo?), those more recent teams he's being linked with include the likes of Juve, Inter (supposed to be very fond of him) and Udinese.[/quote']

I can't give much insight in the way of Insigne and Verratti than NF101 has, mainly due to other than reading about them, as great prospects for the future, in particular numerous clubs expressing an interest in Insigne, how he has turned heads with Delfini, I've never seen them play.

Thanks alot to both of ya :D

I feel pretty set for the future with the trio xD. Initially was gonna get shawaary but i saw videos of insigne and he was just fantastic and i had lost out on the pharoah.

And i only bought veratti as he is supposed to be the next pirlo and because i wanted to partner him up with insigne :D

The way Kylan is talking about Destro is making me feel really good about him :)

Extremely happy for your guys help and also happy you guys are in italiani Vero! Thanks again :D

Rumours about we submitted a 1m bid for 17 year old Peruvian center back Edison Flores Peralta. I think the problem is we're not giving the youngsters we have a chance. Multiple times Aronica should not have played and we had two youngsters who should have had more of a chance. Though he is only 17 and not 22 so he'll probably go on loan. Not really a big waste of money if he doesn't work out' date=' compared to say, Vargas.

Now the media have finally caught up to Hamsik extending his deal till 2016. Don't know how many times De Laurentiis had to say it before they finally got it.

Fideleff is linked away. If Blackburn can stay up, Formica wants him to join him at Blackburn. Never really got a fair shake. Too bad we couldn't loan him.

As for who to bring in. I would say, 1 defender as Aronica looks to have signed a new contract and I don't know about Grava, a Left wing back, a forward and let Vargas go on loan and another AM, Raffael has been heavily linked to us as when Lavezzi's out we look almost hopeless.[/quote']

I think looking back on this season that has been the thing that has been most puzzling with Mazzarri, as you say Aronica has been poor for the most part and i have no idea why he didn't give FeFe and Fideleff more of a chance instead of them rotting on the sidelines, or at least send them out on loan :confused:

I've read reports than Fideleff wants a move and i'm not in the slightest bit surprised. I honestly don't know what we're losing because i've hardly seen him play but it seems a shame to lose him after only a season.

As for Hamsik, that's a good bit of news and hopefully that highlights his intentions of staying put, coupled with his recent statements that he's happy at the San Paolo.

Also, what are your thoughts on the chances of Mazzarri remaining as manager next season? Looking at how many managers we've been linked with in Italy it looks likely, especially if this awful form continues.

I think looking back on this season that has been the thing that has been most puzzling with Mazzarri' date=' as you say Aronica has been poor for the most part and i have no idea why he didn't give FeFe and Fideleff more of a chance instead of them rotting on the sidelines, or at least send them out on loan :confused:

I've read reports than Fideleff wants a move and i'm not in the slightest bit surprised. I honestly don't know what we're losing because i've hardly seen him play but it seems a shame to lose him after only a season.

As for Hamsik, that's a good bit of news and hopefully that highlights his intentions of staying put, coupled with his recent statements that he's happy at the San Paolo.

Also, what are your thoughts on the chances of Mazzarri remaining as manager next season? Looking at how many managers we've been linked with in Italy it looks likely, especially if this awful form continues.[/quote']

Mazzarri obviously has his faults. He seems to play favorites and when it comes to rotation, there isn't any. As for a plan B, again, nothing. I'd be very interested to see our players play a different type of style, outside the 3-4-2-1. I didn't mind our one real change of playing "4" at the back, though didn't get how we were doing that with 4 CB's.

Not sure how the players would take it either. They seem to like him, well, the usual 15 or so do. But I don't think he's the issue. We need a new sporting director. Or scouts, or something. Our transfers as of late have been poor and I can pretty much see why we're not fighting for the Scudetto. Obviously the players brought in, Mazzarri really doesn't want. Santana? Fideleff? Fernandez? So on and so forth. Unless Mazzarri is a very short minded, 1 trick pony of a manager.

Adriano

Galliani has remained tight- lipped over the club's reported interest in Manchester City forward Mario Balotelli. The Rossoneri have long

been credited with an

interest in the controversial striker, who could be sold in the

summer after a series of disciplinary problems at

City.

Galliani was coy when

asked if Milan were keen

on the Italy international

and his City team-mate

Carlos Tevez, who the Serie A champions failed to sign during the January transfer window.

"No, I have not talked to

Balotelli and even if I did, I would not tell you," he told reporters.

"Carlos Tevez? I do not

know who he is," Galliani

jokingly said.

The Milan official then

shared his view on the

situation in Serie A, as the

Rossoneri are just one

point behind leaders

Juventus, with six matches remaining.

"We are recovering some

players and our situation is slowly improving," Galliani explained.

"The calendar does not

mean anything right now. Every match is worth three points and there are no easy games left."

Massimo Ambrosini most likely will remain with Diavolo.

AS Roma have targeted Mats Hummels.

Also Roma linked with young Japanese attacking midfielder, Hiroshi Kiyotake.

Robben rejected Juve via SMS :eek:

Napoli linked with another defender, this time former Lazio man, Kolarov.

Antonio Di Natale says the death of Udinese colleague Piermario Morosini may persuade him to hang up his boots at the end of the season.

Morosini collapsed and died after suffering a cardiac arrest during a Serie B match between Livorno and Pescara on Saturday.

The 25-year-old was taking in a loan spell at Livorno and his passing has hit Italian football hard.

Di Natale is among those now considering his options, with the 34-year-old striker of the opinion that the demands placed on modern footballers are too great.

After saying that too much football is played in Italy, he added: "Last year I thought about retiring. I will play these last six games for Mario and then we'll see."

Football across Italy was postponed at the weekend in the wake of Morosini's collapse and Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti has urged Serie A clubs to do the right thing when it comes to the rescheduling of fixtures.

He told his club's official website: "We have to do what is right. I don't think it is the case to create any controversy at this time."

Inter were due to face Udinese on Saturday night and Moratti concedes that there was no way games could go ahead.

He said: "I think it was obvious not to play the game. It was the only choice that could be taken because it was a serious episode, which sent the right message.

"It was normal and understandable. For Udinese players, it was a case of losing a team-mate, a team player, who everybody knew well.

"Hence, it was a very serious situation, a horrible episode and the football world understood it."

Meanwhile, Livorno have announced that they have retired the number 25 jersey worn by Morosini during his time with the club.

Sad news, but totally understandable.