Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

According to Kicker,

Wolfsburg are ready to

offer 12 million euros for

25 year old forward

Sebastian Giovinco.

Laughable !! :eek:

Fallen Dutchman, Eljero Elia, will most likely leave from Undefeated Juventus. Benfica are ready to sign him.

According to Ederson's agent, Lazio have got a lead to get him.

Palermo signed Paulo Dybala :

Palermo have completed the signing of Instituto wonderkid Paulo Dybala. The 18-year-old forward had been strongly linked with a move to Europe after establishing himself as one of the hottest prospects in South America.

A host of European giants have been associated with Dybala, but Zamparini claims that Palermo have beaten all competition for the Argentine's signature.

"We have secured Paulo Dybala," Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini told Sky Sport Italia.

"He is the new Sergio Aguero. "Inter, Paris Saint-Germain and Chelsea also wanted him."

Dybala has scored 17 goals in 30 appearances for Instituto, who sit at the top of Argentina's second tier, one point ahead of River Plate.

This season’s Serie B title race took yet another twist this week, as Torino added three points to their tally, only to have them swiftly taken away by the Italy’s Federal Court of Justice.

On Wednsday, the Granata successfully saw out the remainder of their previously suspended week 34 encounter with Reggina, claiming a narrow 1-0 victory which put them four points clear at the top of the table.

Kamil Glik had headed the hosts ahead shortly before play was suspended due to a freak hailstorm in Turin on April 6th, and despite coming under a great deal of pressure in the resumed fixture, an assured performance from keeper Francesco Benussi saw to it that the slender lead was preserved.

On Friday however, the result of Torino’s week 18 encounter with Padova was sensationally overturned by the Federal Court of Justice following an appeal by the play-off chasing club.

Padova had taken the lead early in the second half of the encounter at the Stadio Euganeo through Francesco Ruopolo, before floodlight failure forced the abandonment of the fixture in the 76th minute.

In the aftermath of the incident, Torino argued that as it was a failing of the host’s facilities that made the suspension of the fixture necessary, the blame should fall firmly on Padova’s shoulders.

Remarkably, the suggestion worked, and the Granata were awarded a 3-0 victory in the fixture, much to the astonishment of the home side who subsequently lodged an appeal, which was ultimately upheld by the Federal Court of Justice this week.

It has therefore been determined that the original 1-0 score line should stand, meaning that Padova are now three points off, while Torino have seen the same amount stripped from their own tally.

With Sassuolo beating Brescia, and Verona drawing with Empoli on Friday evening, it meant that the three sides were locked on 67 points as Torino kicked off their Saturday afternoon encounter with Crotone.

So, the game had to be abandoned after only 76 minutes, so how can they even take 3 points away from Torino and give it to Padova if there were 14 minutes left to play?

Palermo signed Paulo Dybala :

Some reason that doesn't shock me. I know Roma and Inter were all over it, scouts, directors, presidents and so on looking, talking. Why I do believe they might have been, seemed to sensationalized. Palermo are quite talented at getting young players though.

Side rumour: Inter are ready to offer 20m + Pandev + either Faraoni or Obi. If it sadly did happen, I'd easily want Faraoni, though of course I hope it won't. Can only hope Lavezzi would turn them down.

Liverpool are readying Bologna's 20m asking price for Ramirez. Be a great deal for Bologna, who need an upgrading on the squad, especially up front.

Juventus and Roma have sent scouts and are now "fighting it out" for Hummels. Seen the price at 20m in the media, either defenders are becoming far too cheep or they're quite under his price range.

Juventus are also readying an offer for Gaitan.

Yes' date=' they are. Hope Dybala got his debut sooner.

And back to Juve's stuff, Matri and Pepe surely will missed Piedmont's Derby tomorrow.[/quote']

Juventus stuff? Not worthy. ;)

Roma: Lobont; Rosi, Kjaer, Heinze, Taddei; Pjanic, Gago, Marquinho; Borini, Totti, Bojan

Roma bench: Curci, José Angel, Greco, Simplicio, Perrotta, Piscitella, Tallo

Napoli: De Sanctis; Fernandez, Cannavaro, Aronica; Maggio, Gargano, Inler, Dzemaili, Zuniga; Hamsik; Cavani

Napoli bench: Colombo, Fideleff, Britos, Dossena, Vargas, Pandev, Lavezzi

No Stekelenburg, Kjaer playing makes me happy.

No Campagnaro, Lavezzi on the bench. Fernandez starts. :)

Another wasted shot. Awful from Hamsik.

Oh my my my... Gago. How? Thankfully he missed' date=' but how?[/quote']

OMG what a miss lol

Somebody in that Roma team has a lethal shot on him.

Napoli defence is backing off' date=' sooner or later Roma will score.[/quote']

Spectacular miss! I was expecting a much better game than has it's been so far hopefully it improves.

Even back and forth game. Point's not bad. Now I hope Udinese win so we're all on 55. Easier then letting Lazio go further.

Yeah i think a point is a fair result for both teams although i can't help thinking we could of scored another if Mazzarri had kept Cavani on as we were sustaining good pressure. That was a really dumb substitution in my opinion as Lavezzi did nothing of note apart from the hand-ball lol

Yeah i think a point is a fair result for both teams although i can't help thinking we could of scored another if Mazzarri had kept Cavani on as we were sustaining good pressure. That was a really dumb substitution in my opinion as Lavezzi did nothing of note apart from the hand-ball lol

Definitely agree.