Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Whoooah...

Another super decent perfomance from mighty undefeated Juventus. San Borrie got his 2nd goals from last 2 matches.

And our coach, Antonio "UNBEATEN" Conte officially make a new record in Serie A. 35 games unbeaten (still counting), beat Capello's 34 games unbeaten with Milan.

What a great day!!

Whoooah...

Another super decent perfomance from mighty undefeated Juventus. San Borrie got his 2nd goals from last 2 matches.

And our coach' date=' Antonio "UNBEATEN" Conte officially make a new record in Serie A. 35 games unbeaten (still counting), beat Capello's 34 games unbeaten with Milan.

What a great day!![/quote']

It's funny because a month ago, i honestly thought you wouldn't remain unbeaten with games against us, Roma and Lazio coming up, but to give Conte credit he has got you lot playing some excellent football. I can't see you losing to either Cagliari or Lecce, Atlanta may give you some hassle but i think you will still be too strong for them. So i think the unbeaten season is pretty much nailed on (unfortunately :P)

I'm hoping for anything but a Lazio win tonight, an Udinese win would be ideal as it would put us all on a level playing field. Oh and haven't Inter crept up the table! :eek:

On a side note, i see the Atomic Ant was on the scoresheet for Parma again today. He's really ramped up his game over the last couple of weeks, just in time for the summer mercato! :P Parma unsurprisingly want to keep him for another season but i can easily see him moving to a bigger club.

If Internazionale secure a Champions League spot I don't see how you cannot give him the job.

To possibly finish 3rd given the start, and the whole politics of what is going on at that club would be a huge achievement.

the flak some of the players took was totally unjustified and was OTT but they have regrouped and come back strong quality players don't become bad players overnight.

TBH I hope Inter don't finish 3rd as I like Napoli and want them to finish 3rd but you have to admire the work done over the past months they have really dragged themselves into the season when all looked lost, admittedly they have been helped by the inconsistency of the other sides challenging for CL Spots.

the Milan derby is looking tastier by the minute :)

Do you think he should get the job?

Personally' date=' if the coach gets you results , then he should get hired. :D

Meanwhile, Moratti intimated that if interim boss Andrea Stramaccioni, who has seen a dramatic improvement in the club's form since replacing Claudio Ranieri at the helm last month, finishes the season on a high, the club's former Primavera boss will be given the job on a full-time basis.

and no offence to anyone, but I hate pazzini :o

btw Jozua what do you think of Lavezzi possibly going to inter? :P

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2012/04/29/3068749/inter-president-moratti-will-only-move-for-lavezzi-if-the

It's funny because a month ago' date=' i honestly thought you wouldn't remain unbeaten with games against us, Roma and Lazio coming up, but to give Conte credit he has got you lot playing some excellent football. I can't see you losing to either Cagliari or Lecce, Atlanta may give you some hassle but i think you will still be too strong for them. So i think the unbeaten season is pretty much nailed on (unfortunately :P)

On a side note, i see the Atomic Ant was on the scoresheet for Parma again today. He's really ramped up his game over the last couple of weeks, just in time for the summer mercato! :P Parma unsurprisingly want to keep him for another season but i can easily see him moving to a bigger club.[/quote']

Yeah, not only you. Kylan's theory "JUVE WILL GOT BEATEN IN APRIL", pretty much wrong :P

Just hoping Inter could win the derby against Milan, and we surely got our 30th scudetto's if we beat Lecce.

And for Gio, i can't see he'll remain in Parma. He's mature enough to play for us. So, SG10 anyone? :)

Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Yeah' date=' not only you. Kylan's theory "JUVE WILL GOT BEATEN IN APRIL", pretty much wrong :P

Just hoping Inter could win the derby against Milan, and we surely got our 30th scudetto's if we beat Lecce.

And for Gio, i can't see he'll remain in Parma. He's mature enough to play for us. So, SG10 anyone? :)[/quote']

Ehm...28 not 30th :D

What a game. Udinese v Lazio is. Gone down to the wire, Udinese finish it off in the 94th minute. Andre Dias just got sent off. Wow. You have to love it. Management are going at it now. Marchetti is no doubt getting some kind of ban, you can't shove a ref. Believe one of Lazio's coaches were sent off.

What a game. Udinese v Lazio is. Gone down to the wire' date=' Udinese finish it off in the 94th minute. Andre Dias just got sent off. Wow. You have to love it. Management are going at it now.[/quote']

Absolutly embaressing.....

I thouyght the other week with the ref fiasco was funny but Lazio are embaressing themselves.....if I was a Lazio fan I would hang my head in shame, the actions of certain players notably Scaloni is beyond reproach

What a game. Udinese v Lazio is. Gone down to the wire' date=' Udinese finish it off in the 94th minute. Andre Dias just got sent off. Wow. You have to love it. Management are going at it now. Marchetti is no doubt getting some kind of ban, you can't shove a ref. Believe one of Lazio's coaches were sent off.[/quote']

Hilarious scenes, i think the pressure might be getting to them! :D

Personally' date=' if the coach gets you results , then he should get hired. :D

btw Jozua what do you think of Lavezzi possibly going to inter? :P

[url']http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2012/04/29/3068749/inter-president-moratti-will-only-move-for-lavezzi-if-the[/url]

If Internazionale secure a Champions League spot I don't see how you cannot give him the job.

To possibly finish 3rd given the start' date=' and the whole politics of what is going on at that club would be a huge achievement.

the flak some of the players took was totally unjustified and was OTT but they have regrouped and come back strong quality players don't become bad players overnight.

TBH I hope Inter don't finish 3rd as I like Napoli and want them to finish 3rd but you have to admire the work done over the past months they have really dragged themselves into the season when all looked lost, admittedly they have been helped by the inconsistency of the other sides challenging for CL Spots.

the Milan derby is looking tastier by the minute :)[/quote']

I agree fellas but as is the case with Di Matteo, is Stramaccioni a big enough name to satisfy the ambitions of the owner/chairman? Another thing also worth pointing out is that it's one thing doing a quick fix and coming in to 'save the day' but it's another to build a team (in Inters case a total revamp) whilst still getting results during a transitional period and this is where experience comes into it.

However, as Ray said if Inter finish 3rd and win the Derby della Madonnina then he definitely deserves serious consideration because a month or two ago Inter looked dead and buried. But credit to the bloke, he's got them playing and they've really crept up the table, but their last few games are pretty tough so we'll see if he does.

As for the Lavezzi to Inter report Geoffrey, to be honest mate i've stopped reading them now as the Three Tenors have been linked with every big club under the sun for a while now. However if any of the three were to leave i think Lavezzi is the most likely, as his buy-out clause (by even having one it shows he has intentions of leaving down the line) is ridiculously low at 30 millions euros.

I'd ideally like us to keep hold of all three, but i think De La is going to be tested to the limit in order to keep our best players. The good thing is that Hamsik signed an extension which would imply he's staying put, and i've read numerous reports that say Cavani wants to see out his contract with us before thinking about a move, despite strong links with Juve and the two Manchester clubs.

Palermo announced they had secured a deal for Paulo Dybala, but his club Instituto claim the man who completed negotiations “does not have the mandate to sell him.”

There is confusion in Sicily, as today President Maurizio Zamparini told Sky Italia television that “we have got Paulo Dybala. He is the new Sergio Aguero and we snatched him from Inter, Paris Saint-Germain and Chelsea.”

However, this evening Argentine second division side Instituto general secretary Josè Teaux revealed they had been taken for a ride.

“Barrera does not have the mandate nor the possibility to sell Dybala,” he told Radio Mitre with reference to the man who negotiated this deal.

“I am truly surprised and Barrera will have to answer to the police for his actions. Clearly someone must intervene and we will take him to court.

“I have just finished talking to Paulo’s mother and she is afraid. Everything must be taken forward with Dybala’s consent, otherwise there will be no negotiations. His price-tag is €8m.”

Oh, I like drama.

Also, Marchetti was given a 4 game ban while Dias gets a 3 game ban.

Important game for us tonight, a win would heap the pressure on the other 3 teams playing tomorrow night. An interesting fact, Palermo haven't won at the San Paolo since 1951! :eek:

Lineups for tonight:

Napoli: 1 De Sanctis, 21 Fernandez, 28 Cannavaro, 6 Aronica; 11 Maggio, 23 Gargano, 88 Inler, 17 Hamsik, 18 Zuniga; 29 Pandev, 7 Cavani

Palermo: 1 Viviano; 6 Munoz, 15 Milanovic, 18 Labrin; 31 Pisano, 8 Migliaccio, 23 Donati, 5 Barreto, 14 Bertolo; 27 Ilicic, 11 Hernandez

FeFe starts again in place of Campagnaro, Dzemaili also misses out due to suspension. Lavezzi is still not fit enough to start so Pandev will play up front with Cavani and Hamsik.

Oh' date=' I like drama.

Also, Marchetti was given a 4 game ban while Dias gets a 3 game ban.[/quote']

Don't we all :P - very interesting report.

As for Lazio they've completely embarrassed themselves and losing those two players is not going to help their challenge for 3rd at all.

Cool penalty by Cavani puts us 1-0 up after Milanovic hand balled in the box, it's been a good game so far with both sides testing the keeper.

EDIT: Looking at it again, it wasn't a penalty as the ball rebounded off his leg, the penalty seemed to knock Palermo's confidence as well as we dominated after that. Some very impressive performances all around: FeFe looks good, Inler has been superb controlling the game from midfield and Hamsik's goal was really well worked.

Iffy penalty but a good win. Roma's draw all but puts them out of the run for CL. Lets hope 1-2 more teams can do us a favor.

Yeah i don't think it was a penalty now i've seen it a few times but we more than deserved the win. We don't need to rely on any favours mate, with our far superior goal-difference we just need to win out and third place is ours. Neither Bologna or Siena scare me too much so i'm feeling pretty positive.

Yeah i don't think it was a penalty now i've seen it a few times but we more than deserved the win. We don't need to rely on any favours mate' date=' with our far superior goal-difference we just need to win out and third place is ours. Neither Bologna or Siena scare me too much so i'm feeling pretty positive.[/quote']

I do fear Bologna a bit. They're on a good run, 9 points from 5 games and unbeaten in those 5. Which could mean a possible draw is on the cards. Simply would feel better if at least 1-2 of the 3 other teams drop points tomorrow.

I do fear Bologna a bit. They're on a good run' date=' 9 points from 5 games and unbeaten in those 5. Which could mean a possible draw is on the cards. Simply would feel better if at least 1-2 of the 3 other teams drop points tomorrow.[/quote']

I see where you're coming from but when you look at those 5 games only the Milan draw really stands out as being impressive the other results are against bottom half opposition who they should be picking up points from. Bologna can't be overlooked as they have some dangerous players but i feel we turned a corner after Atalanta and are playing some really good football during this little unbeaten run.

As for our competitors i favour Inter to drop points against Parma, who are in sizzling form at the moment. Udinese should breeze past relegated Cesena, whilst Lazio would be expected to beat Siena but the pressure seems to be getting to them so maybe Siena could take a point. The main thing is we won tonight as it puts the pressure on all three of them to keep up with us!

I see where you're coming from but when you look at those 5 games only the Milan draw really stands out as being impressive the other results are against bottom half opposition who they should be picking up points from. Bologna can't be overlooked as they have some dangerous players but i feel we turned a corner after Atalanta and are playing some really good football during this little unbeaten run.

As for our competitors i favour Inter to drop points against Parma' date=' who are in sizzling form at the moment. Udinese should breeze past relegated Cesena, whilst Lazio would be expected to beat Siena but the pressure seems to be getting to them so maybe Siena could take a point. The main thing is we won tonight as it puts the pressure on all three of them to keep up with us![/quote']

True I guess.

Yikes Inters schedule is tough. If im not mistaken we got a Milan Derby coming after Parma and then we got Lazio...

Napolis got Bologna and Siena. You cant underestimate them but you have got to think Napoli might win those games. Lets see what Gaston Ramirez will be able to do next week ;)

Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Yikes Inters schedule is tough. If im not mistaken we got a Milan Derby coming after Parma and then we got Lazio...

Napolis got Bologna and Siena. You cant underestimate them but you have got to think Napoli might win those games. Lets see what Gaston Ramirez will be able to do next week ;)

Yes,it's not a good schedule..I think that for the 3rd position there are only two teams:Inter and Napoli

Napoli will lose against Bologna..their defense is very poor and Bologna with Ramirez,Diamanti,Di Vaio will beat Napoli.We have a good test against Milan..I hope that Milan draws tomorrow and Juve will win the Scudetto(It's very hard for me to say this but in this conditions is better for us).The last match is against Lazio and if they're out of the battle for the CL i think that they won't play at their better form.Tomorrow is the most difficulty match..is difficult because they run ,run,run and our defense isnt very fast and it's old but we can win..we MUST win :D It's difficult but not impossible,we want the Champions.

Re: Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Yes' date='it's not a good schedule..I think that for the 3rd position there are only two teams:Inter and Napoli

Napoli will lose against Bologna..their defense is very poor and Bologna with Ramirez,Diamanti,Di Vaio will beat Napoli.We have a good test against Milan..I hope that Milan draws tomorrow and Juve will win the Scudetto(It's very hard for me to say this but in this conditions is better for us).The last match is against Lazio and if they're out of the battle for the CL i think that they won't play at their better form.Tomorrow is the most difficulty match..is difficult because they run ,run,run and our defense isnt very fast and it's old but we can win..we MUST win :D It's difficult but not impossible,we want the Champions.[/quote']

Yeah But if Inter finish top 4 its all good :). I have a question though: so with UEFA they made the top 3 spots in Italy automatic qualification and the 4th place team will go throgh a playoff to get into Champions League or Europa?

I like Napoli alot as there entertaining as hell. They jst need alot more depth, and better defenders and theyll be alright. :) plus you cant go wrong with Hamsiks hair ;)

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Yeah But if Inter finish top 4 its all good :). I have a question though: so with UEFA they made the top 3 spots in Italy automatic qualification and the 4th place team will go throgh a playoff to get into Champions League or Europa?

I like Napoli alot as there entertaining as hell. They jst need alot more depth' date=' and better defenders and theyll be alright. :) plus you cant go wrong with Hamsiks hair ;)[/quote']

If we finish 4 we'll go to Europa League..It Will be very very hard,it's better dont play any competition