Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

As i thought, both Inter and Lazio dropped points. Inter got rolled over by Parma who are playing incredibly well at the moment, Gio was absolutely outstanding with a goal and 2 assists they are definitely the form side of the division at the moment.

How Lazio didn't win i don't know, they must have had 20 shots - what a shame lol :P

Unfortunately Udinese managed to scrape past Cesena otherwise it could have been the perfect night for us!

As for the transfer rumours, i'm very happy we're favourites to sign Ramirez as i really rate him. As for Lavezzi, it doesn't sound good after reading that report about him being possibly dropped for the rest of the season whilst Pandev maintains his good form. Although i always believe in sticking with form, i can't imagine this has gone down well with Pocho whatever statement he releases to the media...

Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Incredible...Lucio isnt a football player,it's impossible.

Good match,fantastic Sneijder but we lost the C.L. but there's a very very very very very small hope.Now I hope that Milan will win the Scudetto,it will be the only consolation of this season

Re: Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Incredible...Lucio isnt a football player' date='it's impossible.

Good match,fantastic Sneijder but we lost the C.L. but there's a very very very very very small hope.Now I hope that Milan will win the Scudetto,it will be the only consolation of this season[/quote']

An Inter fan wanting Milan to win the Scudetto? :P

Firstly, thank you for nothing, La Vecchia Crapola! Can't even hold a lead in the dying minutes against the Salentini. Pitiful.

Secondly, how about Viola - Novara. I expected nothing, yes, nothing, heading into this match, especially after seeing the absent withdrawals in the morning on Sky Italia, along with the lingering injuries

If anything the match leant exactly to what I thought it would, Novara dominating with a 2-0 lead at the half. Perhaps a harsh scoreline at the half, one goal given off a very soft penalty call, which Rigoni struck in, nevertheless, redemption awaits around the corner.

Viola get a like for like peno in the early second half, for any Viola tifosi, you know this is no certain goal, both Ljajic and Jojo missing penalties the past 2 weeks, cue another PK taker, 'Livo, who scores. 2-1.

Livo continued his onslaught, perhaps seeking redemption in his last few weeks with a club he's been with for some time now, alas putting out a helpful outing, scoring the equaliser, off a pass from Cerci (another redemptionee? Is that even a word), curling the ball into the right, top corner.

Rubino and Jeda both came very close to scoring for Novara, thereafter, thankfully nothing came of it, Jeda smashed the side-netting, whilst Rubino, just only put the ball over the bar. 2-2 final score.

Now.... the biggest drama in the game left for last. Around the 30 minute mark, a little over, Ljajic gets subbed off for Olivera, not a move I was a fan of either, nor Ljajic, and he let Delio Rossi know it, giving il mister a sarcastic clap, even saying something to him. Naturally, Delio Rossi turns into Lou Ferrigno, aka The Incredible Hulk and goes on one, grabs Ljajic around the neck, tries to punch him, keeps on slapping him on the head, whilst players were holding both men or children, depending in which light you look at it, back.

Been waiting to post this, why... well Della Valle & Diego have been having a meeting which took place straight after the match, with regards to DR's employment, the verdict is out ....

DELIO ROSSI SACKED!

Della Valle: "A serious act and we have decided to sack the coach. It's the last decision I wanted to take.

The player will be punished too.

We've made too many mistakes this season. Let's get a point and get this season over with.

I want to wait a day before deciding who takes charge."

More drama fellas!

Delio Rossi has been sacked by Fiorentina after he had a dugout brawl with Adem Ljajic' date=' after the player made insulting comments to him when he was substituted early on in tonights game.

Full story here plus a video of the fight lmao :D

[url']http://www.football-italia.net/18373/official-fiorentina-fire-rossi[/url]

I love Italian football

Through the fiasco with the ref at the Napoli game, the embaressment of the Lazio players the other night and a manager thumping his own player....so embaressing but yet so funny :P

I love Italian football

Through the fiasco with the ref at the Napoli game' date=' the embaressment of the Lazio players the other night and a manager thumping his own player....so embaressing but yet so funny :P[/quote']

Nothing beats the drama, passion and controversy you get with Italian football it's why i love it so much! :D

Great summary of the past few days but you forgot Zamparini's little rant about how all the refs are out to get him haha :P

Sssstttt...

We are (still) top of the table anyway :P

and we are (still) unbeaten :P

And Salentini not that shabby team really :)

Not much of a shabby team? In the relegation zone' date=' sure, picking up form, but the most important of facts... 10 men on the pitch, versus the [i']"top of the table"[/i] XI, and you let them score. Disgusting. Score: Il Moggi's -15. :P

By the way, that banter we had a few weeks back... Frey or Gigi, I stand by what I said.

On the whole Delio Rossi/Ljajic/sacked situation, just sums up the circus which has been Viola this season, the only worse is comparable to Genoa, more so than Inter, as their downfall with a love for their ageless players was inevitable, only blinded by the stupidity accompanied by Moratti and Branca (doing what they do, finding a fall-guy/s; Gasp & Ranieri, playing the polictics game).

DR has taken a lot of blame since taking over from Mihaljovic. His favoured 3-5-2 isolated the way the team is used to playing, along with key players. It was basically a working project to see out the season, which failed miserably.

Whether it was a 3-5-2, 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, nothing has come out trumping, other than a short run of success with, again, reverting back to a 3-5-2 in recent weeks, mainly through a course of injuries, whereby Viola beat Milan and Roma, accompanied with a string of draws and losses along the way, with a goalless drought.

I myself have called for DV's head on a platter on more than a few occasion, even though I can openly admit, as being someone who was in favour at the time of his appointment. He is a good manager but one that has been limited with the tools he has at his disposal.

You can pretty much say Corvino is one man responsible for tying DR's hands behind his back. With minimal buys in the way of quality, more buys in the way of quantity, to make up for a mass exodus of players from Firenze in the past summer mercatto, most leaving on a free, was basically a way of handing Corvino a shotgun, one bullet for Mihaljovic, one for DR.

The only 2 players bought in who have been of any use to both Viola managers this year have been Lazzari (a revelation in past week, making you wonder why DR has frozen him out on a few occasions, same could be said for Cerci, prior to his idiotic acts against Juve, when not injured, or suspended for breaking curfew) and Nastasic. Players like Kharja, Silva, Cassani (really surprised with his lack of form), Olivera, Amauri, Munari, Silva (nightmare), just have not measured up.

Lets not also forget Corvino approving loaning out Babacar, which was done again in January, looking at the long stretch, Fiorentina don't have one fit ST now!

Delio Rossi's sacking was bound to happen in the summer, not just through his own performances but taking into the above, decisions made by upper management (Corvino leaving at end of year), yet the manner in which he has been sacked, in a tiff with Ljajic, in some sense makes me feel sorry for him.

It was an act both will be held accountable for, Delio Rossi being sentenced first, if anything all this does, this Pandora's Box, is it adds to the mounting pressure heading into a crucial fixture against Lecce.

On a cheeky note, you'd think if he wanted to have a go at Ljajic he'd have taken the Fergie approach and waited till they were in the dressing room. Just to re-affirm by the way, that is Delio Rossi in the video, not Conte. :D

Entertainment night. Inter and Lazio dropping points. Lazio was the big one for us. Udinese scraping past wasn't a big shock. Cesena... Suck. Bologna win again, making it even a more nervous game for us.

2 team relegation battle, unless Lecce win their last 2 meaning a possible 5 way battle.

Inter: Milan "at home". Lazio away. 2 of the hardest games they could have with both teams fighting for something.

Lazio: Atalanta away, Inter at home.

Udinese: Genoa at home, big game for both, Catania away.

Napoli: Bologna away, tough game. Siena at home, should win.

Then:

Juventus: Cagliari away, Atalanta at home. 2 winnable games.

Milan: Inter away, Novara at home. Tricky game Inter will be, Novara can put up a fight but shouldn't be trouble.

Zamperini at it again, it's becoming a joke.

Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini has announced Chilean forward Mauricio Pinilla won’t be returning to the club even if Cagliari do not take up the option of signing him.

Pinilla joined Cagliari in January, on an initial €300,000 loan from the Rosanero, with the Rossoblu having the option of making it permenant in the summer for a reported fee of €3.7 million.

With 12 appearances for the Sardinian side, the forward has found the back of the net eight times, however even if they do not sign him permenantly in July, Zamparini has confirmed he does not see a future for the player in Sicily.

In an interview on Mediagol.it he stated, “I think [Cagliari president Massimo] Cellino will eventually sign him, truthfully. But if they do not then I think he will probably have to find a new home. He has many interested parties. I know that he will probably not be willing to stay here and Palermo will also make sure not to have him remain here either.”

The clear statements by both player and Palermo shows ill feeling felt by both parties with Zamparini accusing Pinilla of having a bad attitude when releasing him in January. While Pinilla later celebrated scoring against Palermo, much to the anger of his former teammates.

I'd love him at Napoli for 3.7m. What a wasted talent.

Is there any truth in the rumour that Napoli are going to try and tap in to the Japanese market and sign Genki Haraguchi from Urawa Red Diamonds in the summer?

From what I know, we've been scouting him for almost 3 months now. If he does come, he'll most likely be loaned out his first season.

From what I know' date=' we've been scouting him for almost 3 months now. If he does come, he'll most likely be loaned out his first season.[/quote']

Yes I bought him for my team[LIVERPOOL EC7046] in January and saw the link in February that they were going to try and sign him and send him out on loan to a Serie A side first season.

Cheers for the reply I was just checking in here to make sure that the rumours were at least plausible.

@Kylan

Well, that goal is a "Present" from Conte to Lecce and their Tifosi. Conte were born in Lecce, and started his career there. So, he is just tryin' to make them happy.

Gli Azzurri no.1 vs Sorrowful Frenchman ?

I'm still stand on my word Kylan ;)

Let's we both move to other topic,

Will Jo-Jo finally realise that he's playing for pub team called Fiorentina ? :D

Perugia are now top of the table of Lega Pro 2 Girone B, and most likely will promoted to Lega Pro Prima Divisione/Lega Pro 1.

If they do make back to back promotion, they could be in Serie A on 2014/2015 season.

Watch your back Kylan, sleeping giant will wake up soon ! :D

More drama fellas!

Delio Rossi has been sacked by Fiorentina after he had a dugout brawl with Adem Ljajic' date=' after the player made insulting comments to him when he was substituted early on in tonights game.

Full story here plus a video of the fight lmao :D

[url']http://www.football-italia.net/18373/official-fiorentina-fire-rossi[/url]

I don't know what's more surprising, a manager assaulting a player, or the fact that the 4th official wears a suit! I know Italy has a habit of setting trends but I can't see Clattenberg wearing a suit on the touch line.

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

An Inter fan wanting Milan to win the Scudetto? :P

Yes.I,and I think all Inter fans, hate Juve....Juve is a ridiculous team with a ridiculous president and with a very very ridiculous manager.With Milan there's respect,is always a derby but with Juve is different.

As Peppino Prisco said: " If i give my hand to a Milan fan,I run to wash my hands..If I give my hand to a Juve fan,I count my fingers" :D

There's only hate between Inter and Juve

@Kylan

Well' date=' that goal is a "Present" from Conte to Lecce and their Tifosi. Conte were born in Lecce, and started his career there. So, he is just tryin' to make them happy.

Gli Azzurri no.1 vs Sorrowful Frenchman ?

I'm still stand on my word Kylan ;)

Let's we both move to other topic,

Will Jo-Jo finally realise that he's playing for pub team called Fiorentina ? :D

Perugia are now top of the table of Lega Pro 2 Girone B, and most likely will promoted to Lega Pro Prima Divisione/Lega Pro 1.

If they do make back to back promotion, they could be in Serie A on 2014/2015 season.

Watch your back Kylan, sleeping giant will wake up soon ! :D[/quote']

The only present which will shortly be re-visiting Conte, courtesy of Calcio, will be yet another lengthy period of losing his own hair due to all the stress of losing the Scudetto to Milan, even with an unbeaten season, that and the sight of Marotta shadowing the end of his bed in Turin every night. :)

Pub team? Please.... did you not watch yesterday? Artemio Franchi, now the home of WWF, MMA and cat slapping. This team oozes a mercenary attitude come summer, an eye-patch for every new signing will be mandatory.

Yep. Campioni Rosso Grifone! Perugia have been catapulting up and down in the 1 and 2 spot, between themselves and Catanzaro, good to see they didn't falter.

Fingers crossed by that time I'll be rich enough to buy them out and turn them back to the path of being a force in Italy ... I wish.

Fallout from Firenze continues, Delio Rossi handed a 3 month suspension in the addition to the news of his sacking being imminent, yesterday.

Federal Attorney - "Rossi suddenly jumped on the player, grabbing his left arm and hitting him repeatedly with his right arm to the face, until some employees removed him from Ljajic with difficulty.

"These images show conduct so thoughtless, violent and unpredictable, the seriousness of which cannot be mitigated by the emotional tension that a match generates.

"For these reasons, the coach Delio Rossi has been sanctioned with a three-month ban."

Ljajic is expected to also be handed a fine and suspension today, nothing has been set yet.

As for Delio Rossi's replacement, no surprise, Guerini takes over for the last 2 matches of the season. There seemed to be hesitation on his part to head the remainder, perhaps the thought of Viola possibly getting relegated on his mind.

For me, this may ease into my hope Gasperini may takeover in summer, once this abysmal season ends.

Club statement - "Vincenzo Guerini has been entrusted with the first team for the last two league games. Fiorentina have also announced that they are starting disciplinary proceedings against the player Adem Ljajic."

Guest drseanfitz

asked this question on the serie A rating thread instead of this one the other day, (still managed to get a good reply from napolifan101), but thought I'd ask the rest of you to add your opinion to Napolifan's

anyone able to tell me what Aguirregaray has been like for Palermo?

and if Silvestre is any good from the same club

Inter in talks with M'Vila's agents yesterday, and are now favorites to sign him.

De Laurentiis on Lavezzi

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has claimed that Ezequiel Lavezzi is “Neapolitan born and bred” and warned the Argentine against the perils of a move away from his adopted home.

Don't Miss

The winger was one of the stars of the Partenopei’s stirring debut in this season’s Champions League and his fine form is rumoured to have attracted the interest of Europe’s elite, with Inter, Chelsea, Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain all said to be considering summer bids for the player.

However, De Laurentiis believes that Lavezzi would be well advised to resist the lucrative contracts on offer elsewhere and remain in Naples, where is loved and adored.

“Although nobody knows this, he is a Neapolitan born and bred; the virus has entered his blood,” the Napoli owner is quoted as saying by Gazzetta dello Sport. “If he goes or doesn’t go elsewhere, he will remain a Neapolitan.

“If he plays elsewhere, they will not recognise many of his characteristics that are viewed positively here.

“If he chooses to go, it could be worse for him. Seriously, I just want Ezequiel to do well. He has given me some terrific days in Serie A.”

De Laurentiis went on to pay tribute to Napoli for the way in which they recovered from their devastating European exit at the hands of Chelsea by propelling themselves back up the Serie A standings and into contention for an immediate return to Champions League football next season.

“In my opinion, we have great players and I am very satisfied with them,” he enthused. “I want to thank them for their professionalism.

“After the disappointment in London I did have to intervene, because I didn’t want to see sad faces - I understand their state of mind, they are young.

“However, they must be content to stay with us - the club is strong, wages are paid regularly - I’m still paying players who are no longer with us even.”

Something tells me... He didn't have a bust up with Lavezzi. Something just tells me.

I don't know what's more surprising' date=' a manager assaulting a player, or the fact that the 4th official wears a suit! I know Italy has a habit of setting trends but I can't see Clattenberg wearing a suit on the touch line.[/quote']

That wasn't the 4th official. That was actually a staff member from La Viola who recieved the electronic board from the 4th official to store it somewhere in the dugout area.

@drseanfitz - Silvestre has done well for Palermo.

asked this question on the serie A rating thread instead of this one the other day' date=' (still managed to get a good reply from napolifan101), but thought I'd ask the rest of you to add your opinion to Napolifan's

anyone able to tell me what Aguirregaray has been like for Palermo?

and if Silvestre is any good from the same club

Aguirregaray haven't got much game times since he coming to Palermo. Quiet average though, not surprised if he won't played much even when some of Palermo defenders (Silvestre, Balzaretti and Mantovani) hitten by some injuries.

Silvestre, well, decent defender though. He's too good for terrible team like Palermo. And also rumoured, Juventus still keen on him. I'm not surprised if he finally move elsewhere.

Guest drseanfitz

@drseanfitz - Silvestre has done well for Palermo.

Aguirregaray haven't got much game times since he coming to Palermo. Quiet average though' date=' not surprised if he won't played much even when some of Palermo defenders (Silvestre, Balzaretti and Mantovani) hitten by some injuries.

Silvestre, well, decent defender though. He's too good for terrible team like Palermo. And also rumoured, Juventus still keen on him. I'm not surprised if he finally move elsewhere.[/quote']

Thanks lads.

I read a report that there was Confusion over Dybala signing

Here is the report:Any truth?

Have they or Have they not signed Dybala?

Palermo’s president ended up looking slightly foolish this week following his announcement that the Serie A side had signed Instituto star Paulo Dybala. Maurizio Zamparini claimed the club had signed the teenage wonderkid ahead of more notable European sides such as Chelsea, Internazionale and Paris Saint-Germain and hailed the forward as being ‘the next Sergio Agüero’. However, despite Zamparini’s confident declarations, Dybala’s club Instituto quickly moved to deny that their 17-goal star had been sold, stating that the man Zamparini had dealt with did “not have the mandate nor the possibility to sell Dybala”. For the time being the starlet remains in Argentina but it surely cannot be long before we see him on this side of the Atlantic.