Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

I read a report that there was Confusion over Dybala signing

Here is the report:Any truth?

Have they or Have they not signed Dybala?

Palermo’s president ended up looking slightly foolish this week following his announcement that the Serie A side had signed Instituto star Paulo Dybala. Maurizio Zamparini claimed the club had signed the teenage wonderkid ahead of more notable European sides such as Chelsea' date=' Internazionale and Paris Saint-Germain and hailed the forward as being ‘the next Sergio Agüero’. However, despite Zamparini’s confident declarations, Dybala’s club Instituto quickly moved to deny that their 17-goal star had been sold, stating that the man Zamparini had dealt with did “not have the mandate nor the possibility to sell Dybala”. For the time being the starlet remains in Argentina but it surely cannot be long before we see him on this side of the Atlantic.[/quote']

Yeah there have been loads of articles validating this news, i read one on Football Italia a few days ago. As your extract says, apparently the person who negotiated the deal (reported to be the Instituto President, Juan Barrera lol) didn't have the right to sell him so it seems Palermo have been dealing with some dodgy people!

Zamparini has got a whole lot of egg on his face after some major publicity blunders this week :o:D

Today's daily dose of Viola news...

Firstly, more fallout from the ever-imploding Delio Rossi moment versus Ljajic, both issuing an apology, though Ljajic's, never really said sorry to Delio Rossi, more lending towards the team and tifosi.

Ljajic - "I apologize to my teammates, I should not do that gesture leaving the field, I know I was very wrong. I apologize to the company and all the fans . I made a big mistake, I ask forgiveness.

For me it is a very difficult time, I asked my parents to come from Serbia to be near me. I really tried. I certainly wrong even against Rossi, out of the field that way not from me. But such a reaction is understandable, I'm shocked.

I repeat, I sincerely apologize to society, friends, fans: be out of square is the punishment that I deserve even if I wanted to do everything possible to redeem myself and help Fiorentina . I hope to have the possibility in the future."

Delio Rossi - “It’s hard for me to be here as I’ve come to say goodbye to the city of Florence. I’m not good with words and I’ll just say what I think, even if I’ll keep some thoughts to myself.

Unfortunately my time here is over, it was an adventure that I still believe in and I thank the Della Valle family.

I’m saddened about the incident and I say sorry to the people of Florence, my players, the club and Ljajic.

I’ve never slapped anyone, but I demand respect for the club I train and my family. That is why I reacted.

Certain lines should not be crossed. If someone touches my family, I can’t pretend that I didn’t hear it.

I’ll rightly pay the price as my actions were disgraceful, but they were humanly justifiable.”

With regards to Delio Rossi's last few statements made, apparently his reaction was provoked, very much like Zizou-Materazzi, Ljajic saying something about his family (Delio Rossi has a disabled child) - 'You're more handicapped than your son', rumoured to be what Ljajic said. If true, which I'm sure staff and players along the bench would have been able to hear, they should have joined in on a nWo style attack, helped Delio Rossi in giving Ljajic a swipe or two.

As for Ljajic, he's been suspended for the remaining 2 matches of the season. On paper that's not a lot (especially of the above is true), though it hurts the team, a lot, taking into consideration the amount of withdrawals and injuries in the squad at current, along with such a decisive match approaching on Saturday.

On the crucial clash against Lecce, JoJo has been left out of the listed 20-man squad. It's not official yet that he'll be fully ruled out but it's probably heading that way. Looks like it'll be another week without one fit forward.

In addition, a medical report from the team doctor, Manetti, has also ruled out Nastasic; 'Nastasic has slight stress on the medial side, unavailable for Lecce , could return against Cagliari.' Injuries... injuries... injuries.

Away from Viola, onto La Vecchia Crapola, De Ceglie is done for the remainder of the season, out with what is described as a "minor strain to his left leg". At this point whilst he'll miss the remaining last 2 matches, the medical staff haven't ruled him out for the Coppa Italia final.

Lastly, the legend that is Marco Di Vaio, has confirmed that he will be leaving Bologna at season's end. He is rumoured to be heading to MLS side, Montreal Impact.

I read a report that there was Confusion over Dybala signing

Here is the report:Any truth?

Have they or Have they not signed Dybala?

Palermo’s president ended up looking slightly foolish this week following his announcement that the Serie A side had signed Instituto star Paulo Dybala. Maurizio Zamparini claimed the club had signed the teenage wonderkid ahead of more notable European sides such as Chelsea' date=' Internazionale and Paris Saint-Germain and hailed the forward as being ‘the next Sergio Agüero’. However, despite Zamparini’s confident declarations, Dybala’s club Instituto quickly moved to deny that their 17-goal star had been sold, stating that the man Zamparini had dealt with did “not have the mandate nor the possibility to sell Dybala”. For the time being the starlet remains in Argentina but it surely cannot be long before we see him on this side of the Atlantic.[/quote']

Well i just noticed today that Dybala's club status has changed on SM.

So im pretty certain it's done, ( But then again SM Cant get things wrong) Like the did with Taarabt lol.

Massimo Cellino has hit out at the Lega Calcio and Juventus for rearranging their Week 37 fixture without consulting the Sardinians.

Cellino, however, has complained that Cagliari were not consulted on this change, despite being the designated home side in Trieste.

“We don’t count for anything,” the President blasted in the Gazzetta dello Sport on Friday.

“I read that [Lega Calcio President Maurizio] Beretta called Juve to set the time at our place, but no-one has felt the need to inform me.

“The venue of our last game with Genoa was changed at the last minute too. So the team has travelled by bus to Trieste because we knew we needed to play at 2pm [uK time].

“But now the evening kick-off is causing us problems and inconvenience no end. Remember that the League has 20 teams.

“These changes could be organised in time. But above all they lack respect, they are arrogant. Since they are there, do they want to choose the referee too?”

Juventus, arrogant? Say it aint so.

Juventus' date=' arrogant? Say it aint so.[/quote']

Deja vu.

Looks like the whole Ljajic - Delio Rossi scrap may be taking a evermore nasty turn, with now Ljajic's dad threatening to press charges against Delio Rossi.

Satmir Ljajic - “Nobody can beat my son. We are shocked and going to Florence to speak with a lawyer so we can press charges against Delio Rossi.

He did not offend the Coach’s family. He said ‘well done maestro, really good move’ and accompanied it with applause.”

I reiterate as mentioned in my prior post, Delio Rossi's defence is he only attacked after uncalled verbal abuse by Ljajic aimed at him, based around a dig at his disabled son. Whilst Ljajic's Dad refutes these claims, to open this story up to enquiry, if indeed Ljajic turns out to have said what he did (supposed to be along the lines of - 'you're just as disabled as your son'), his stock (as a player), respect from others and any credibility he may hold will be in ruins. There is already talk he may never play in purple again, may be sold off in the summer mercatto.

One thing that has been made mention of though, by FI, is in Italian law, one can only press charges if they had enough damage done to the point they had to visit a hospital, which wasn't the case in this instance. So seems like the Dad is barking up the wrong tree.

All the dramatics aside, I think it would just be best if DR came out and give his side of what Ljajic actually said, he's already accused Ljajic of saying something against his family, just spit it out.

Deja vu.

Looks like the whole Ljajic - Delio Rossi scrap may be taking a evermore nasty turn' date=' with now Ljajic's dad threatening to press charges against Delio Rossi.

I reiterate as mentioned in my prior post, Delio Rossi's defence is he only attacked after uncalled verbal abuse by Ljajic aimed at him, based around a dig at his disabled son. Whilst Ljajic's Dad refutes these claims, to open this story up to enquiry, if indeed Ljajic turns out to have said what he did (supposed to be along the lines of - [i']'you're just as disabled as your son'[/i]), his stock (as a player), respect from others and any credibility he may hold will be in ruins. There is already talk he may never play in purple again, may be sold off in the summer mercatto.

One thing that has been made mention of though, by FI, is in Italian law, one can only press charges if they had enough damage done to the point they had to visit a hospital, which wasn't the case in this instance. So seems like the Dad is barking up the wrong tree.

All the dramatics aside, I think it would just be best if DR came out and give his side of what Ljajic actually said, he's already accused Ljajic of saying something against his family, just spit it out.

I agree, i don't really know why he's holding back from giving his side to the story as it's all out in the open anyway.

The way i see it is that i would tend to believe that Ljajic made a reference to DR's disabled son as i don't see why Rossi would fly off the handle just because a player throws a hissy fit at being brought off early, after all it's a common reaction when being substituted that prematurely in a match. If Ljajic did say something along the lines of 'you're just as disabled as your son', then that is totally disgusting, and he must be prepared for his image to take a massive hit as well as possibly facing further punishment.

Anyway, some Partenopei news hitting the presses today is that the Lavezzi rumours have gone up a level as it's reported he has terminated the long-term rental agreement on his Neapolitan property. PSG have now joined the list of clubs interested in him, hardly surprising considering they have money to burn.

A very nice consolation link though is that there's a good chance we could make a move for Gio if Pocho is sold, apparently Bigon held discussions with him last season about a possible move down the line.

Lastly, this whole Dybala situation is about as clear as mud with conflicting reports coming out of the Rosanero and Instituto camps. Zamparini claims they have purchased his contract for 3m and his agents are just trying to squeeze more money out of Palermo, whilst Dybala's representatives are saying they have received 10 better offers for their man and Zamp is basically talking nonsense.

Never a dull day in Serie A huh? :P

I agree' date=' i don't really know why he's holding back from giving his side to the story as it's all out in the open anyway.

[b']The way i see it is that i would tend to believe that Ljajic made a reference to DR's disabled son as i don't see why Rossi would fly off the handle just because a player throws a hissy fit at being brought off early, after all it's a common reaction when being substituted that prematurely in a match. If Ljajic did say something along the lines of 'you're just as disabled as your son', then that is totally disgusting, and he must be prepared for his image to take a massive hit as well as possibly facing further punishment.[/b]

I'm all for taking the non-FA route, innocent until proven guilty but have to agree with you.

I know the pressure from tifosi and the reality of 'what is' with Viola has been tolling on Delio Rossi for some time now. From tifosi jeering the players, both home and away, calling for his head, whereby he offered to speak with the Curva Fiesole, an injury plagued squad as of the last few months, fallout with Cerci, last minute defeats, yet he's still remained sane, calm and composed.

He's had Della Valle and Diego's support, even after offering to resign after the slashing at the hands of Juve, who turned it down, I just don't see Delio Rossi having the track-record of going off the handle. Even in post match press conferences, he's as cool as a cat and that's after losing, you seen what Conte and LE are like at times after winning? Animals.

All the above really lends to the talking point about what Ljajic may have said being true, the only reason I can fathom as to why Delio Rossi has not gone further into detail is due to a level of professionalism. He knows what's at stake for Viola, may not (at this time) want to prolong this circus of events, with such a crucial fixture on the line this week (today), taking players' concentration away from the match, placing them in-broiled into an enquiry of what happened. Looking at the video, Delio Rossi was the same distance apart from Ljajic as members of staff and a few players were, so they should have been able to hear what he said easily.

The devil's advocate in me says, as before, "just spit it out", from the circus at the Artemio Franchi, to the Pandora's Box opened thereafter, it's turned into a guessing game now, with 2 peoples credibility on the line, which can easily be sorted with an enquiry. One will stand, the other will fall. Quite dramatic isn't it?

There is a consensus that even with Ljajic's 2 match ban, basically a way to see out the season, that his future at Viola is on the ropes, more so dangling on the side of being sold, which again, could mean people within the club have 'behind doors' already told there part of what happened.

In all, a very ugly story at this point.

EDIT:

OK, looks as if I've wasted my time with the above post, game on Delio Rossi - Ljajic! DR's come out and revealed their exchange. Turns out Ljajic said nought pertaining to Delio Rossi' son but did have a 'Yo Momma' type dig.

Delio Rossi (La Repubblica) - “While he was going back to the bench Ljajic applauded and said to me: ‘Well done, maestro. Really, you’re a phenomenon.’

I told him he shouldn’t dare behave like that and he offended me in Serbian. But I have trained many Serbian players in my career and I understood what he said.

He told me to ‘go back in your mother’s ****’ and at that point I lost it."

"The article also claims Ljajic goaded Rossi during the attack, repeatedly telling him to hit harder ‘as they’re going to kick you out anyway.’"

Now we wait on Ljajic's rebuttal. Just a side note to yesterday, his father has decided not to press charges, I think we know why.

Lecce: Benassi; Tomovic, Esposito, Miglionico, Brivio; Giacomazzi; Blasi, Delvecchio, Bertolacci; Bojinov, Di Michele

Lecce bench: Petrachi, Ingrosso, Di Matteo, Ofere, Obodo, Giandonato,

Seferovic

Fiorentina:Boruc; Gamberini, Natali, Felipe; Cassani, Montolivo, Behrami, Kharja, Pasqual; Olivera, Cerci

Fiorentina bench: Neto, Camporese, De Silvestri, Acosty, Lazzari, Marchionni, Salifu

Alright, Rooting for Lecce yet again (want them to stay up). Come on Lecce!

Lecce: Benassi; Tomovic' date=' Esposito, Miglionico, Brivio; Giacomazzi; Blasi, Delvecchio, Bertolacci; Bojinov, Di Michele

Lecce bench: Petrachi, Ingrosso, Di Matteo, Ofere, Obodo, Giandonato,

Seferovic

Fiorentina:Boruc; Gamberini, Natali, Felipe; Cassani, Montolivo, Behrami, Kharja, Pasqual; Olivera, Cerci

Fiorentina bench: Neto, Camporese, De Silvestri, Acosty, Lazzari, Marchionni, Salifu

Alright, Rooting for Lecce yet again (want them to stay up). Come on Lecce![/quote']

4-0 for Salentini !!

La Viola to Serie B !! :P

Meh they got lead now, 0-1, Cerci with the goal :o

4-0 for Salentini !!

La Viola to Serie B !! :P

Haha, whilst I'm sure the Salentini appreciate your support and do I mean full support after your mid-week blunder showing just how much you favour them, sacrificing the Scudetto for their survival, I regret to inform you Viola are leading 1-0 at the half, courtesy of... Cerci. :D

Guerini has continued on with what has become Fiorentina's standard 3-5-2, with Olivera and Cerci up-front. Rather suprised Kharja and Behrami had been selected ahead of Lazzari, especially Behrami who's had a mild flu and shoudler problems, for which he's been subbed off in the first half for, with Marchionni coming in.

Haha' date=' whilst I'm sure the Salentini appreciate your support and do I mean full support after your mid-week blunder showing just how much you favour them, sacrificing the Scudetto for their survival, I regret to inform you Viola are leading 1-0 at the half, courtesy of... Cerci. :D

[/quote']

Not sacrificing the title, honestly. Just giving Diavolo an empty hopes. :P

Cerci scoring while I'm posting here,

Btw, he didn't kicking someone feet again, right ? :D

Not sacrificing the title' date=' honestly. Just giving Diavolo an empty hopes. :P

Cerci scoring while I'm posting here,

Btw, he didn't kicking someone feet again, right ? :D[/quote']

The only person he's kicking is you, in the teeth. :P

FT: Fiorentina 1 (Cerci) - 0 Lecce

Serie A season for next year - renewed! Forza Viola! Now time to sort this team out for the summer and do it in the appropriate manner. Firenze can breathe.

The only person he's kicking is you' date=' in the teeth. :P

Serie A season for next year - renewed! Forza Viola! Now time to sort this team out for the summer and do it in the appropriate manner. Firenze can breathe.[/quote']

Hahaha, i will imagine that :P

Congrats, to pub team. Avoid relegation ! What a great target ! :eek:

The only person he's kicking is you' date=' in the teeth. :P

Serie A season for next year - renewed! Forza Viola! Now time to sort this team out for the summer and do it in the appropriate manner. Firenze can breathe.[/quote']

Congrats Kylan, i'm very glad to see you safe from the drop as it would be a tragedy to see Viola in Serie B!

However i'd like to see Lecce stay up as i've really warmed to them in recent weeks, i love their never give up attitude and Cosmi is a real character! :D

Saying that i don't like them enough for me to start cheering on Udinese tomorrow lol :P

Hahaha' date=' i will imagine that :P

Congrats, to pub team. Avoid relegation ! What a great target ! :eek:[/quote']

So what. Viola like a good pi$s up from time to time, nought wrong with that, could be worse; a team based around capitalism, scandal, cheating, making illegal transfers back in the early 1900's and caught for it by the FIGC, a team which oozes arrogance, a handful of awful supporters, a team spurred onto wear black and white through the influence of... Notts County. Really? :)

Bottom line with Viola, wait till summer, things must and will change. They'll be back.

You come back and gloat to me if you win the Scudetto, for only then I'll concede defeat, up until then microscope is very much on you. Here's to hoping you screw up both the Scudetto run and the Coppa Italia final, though for now, my hopes for Napoli are very slim.

So what. Viola like a good pi$s up from time to time' date=' nought wrong with that, could be worse; a team based around capitalism, scandal, cheating, making illegal transfers back in the early 1900's and caught for it by the FIGC, a team which oozes arrogance, a handful of awful supporters, a team spurred onto wear black and white through the influence of... Notts County. Really? :)

Bottom line with Viola, wait till summer, things must and will change. They'll be back.

You come back and gloat to me [i']if[/i] you win the Scudetto, for only then I'll concede defeat, up until then microscope is very much on you. Here's to hoping you screw up both the Scudetto run and the Coppa Italia final, though for now, my hopes for Napoli are very slim.

1900 ? Wait, that's long long long time ago..

Whatever you sayin' about us, will not hidden the fact that mighty undefeated Juventus is alot better than other teams in Italia, especially that pub team :P:).

And I'm talking about present time, not that 1900ish :)

They'll be back ?? Really :P

Can't wait to see another "flopers" from mighty unbeaten Juventus joined Juventus D squad in Artemio Franchi.

Grosso ? Motta ? Borrie ? Krasic ? We'll see in summer ;)

Did i will screwed up if we fail in both ?

Yes, i will.

1900 ? Wait' date=' that's long long long time ago..

Whatever you sayin' about us, will not hidden the fact that mighty undefeated Juventus is alot better than other teams in Italia, especially that pub team :P:).

And I'm talking about present time, not that 1900ish :)

They'll be back ?? Really :P

Can't wait to see another "flopers" from mighty unbeaten Juventus joined Juventus D squad in Artemio Franchi.

Grosso ? Motta ? Borrie ? Krasic ? We'll see in summer ;)

Did i will screwed up if we fail in both ?

Yes, i will.[/quote']

You can have the Scudetto, but the Coppa Italia is ours my friend :D

Congrats Kylan' date=' i'm very glad to see you safe from the drop as it would be a tragedy to see Viola in Serie B!

However i'd like to see Lecce stay up as i've really warmed to them in recent weeks, i love their never give up attitude and Cosmi is a real character! :D

Saying that i don't like them enough for me to start cheering on Udinese tomorrow lol :P[/quote']

Glad to see somebody else thinks that. Thank you Joz, for not sipping on that Viola haterade, that a certain somebody else knocks back in shot glasses, whilst smoking their daily, Toscano Antico. :P

Agree on the Salentini, they do play some gutsy football, especially as of late, similar to how Montella has had Catania playing. Cosmi definitely is a character, guess you could say he has swag, he was marking out on the sidelines quite a bit today. Good to see after the loss he still paid respect to tifosi giving them a round for the season's support.

I'll give Lecce their due credit, especially in that second half today, for the most part it was all them, pressing all over that final third, thankfully, they just couldn't break in on goal, though they did smash the bar and on one occasion Boruc was forced to make a good save off a FK. Seferovic looked like he could be a real game changer when he came on.

Haha, I so hope Grifone win too, not just for purposes of the race for 3rd but because I don't want to see Genoa back in Serie B. If there are 2 teams' histories I'm very fond of it's Genoa and Pro Vercelli.

Maybe' date='

beat us if you can ;)

anyway, Totti failed !! Haha

Carrizo payed his mistake :)[/quote']

I see it this way: You win the Scudetto, we win the CI; you lose the Scudetto, you win the CI if you catch my drift ;)

Yeah steam is bursting out of Enrique's ears as we speak lol, Roma have been totally dominant so far although the penalty save seems to have sparked Catania into life!

I see it this way: You win the Scudetto' date=' we win the CI; you lose the Scudetto, you win the CI if you catch my drift ;)

Yeah steam is bursting out of Enrique's ears as we speak lol, Roma have been totally dominant so far although the penalty save seems to have sparked Catania into life![/quote']

Nah, We won both. :D

Yeah, Catania looks better after that penalty. They also got some goalscoring chances. I guess they could won tonight.

Is that supposed to be Er Capitano? :D

If we're referring to Totti' date=' I stand corrected, Grapitano it is. :P

Heinze on a stupid foul, penalty given, who else to take it but...

LODI!

1-1.

EDIT: Dammit Pitung, beat me to it. Haha. Always a typical il Elefanti outing when Lodi does something from a set-piece, he's got a bit of Pirlo blood.