Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

If we're referring to Totti' date=' I stand corrected, Grapitano it is. :P

Heinze on a stupid foul, penalty given, who else to take it but...

LODI!

1-1.

If I google 'Il Grapitano' the only things that come up are literally your posts from this thread :D

Er Pupone, Gladiatore, Er Capitano or Il Bimbo d'Oro are his nicknames ;)

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Official Serie A Thread The Amazing, the Good, the Okay,the Bad, and the Ugly: Internazionale's Season This season was possibly one of the more interesting seasons that I have ever

If I google 'Il Grapitano' the only things that come up are literally your posts from this thread :D

Er Pupone' date=' Gladiatore, Er Capitano or Il Bimbo d'Oro are his nicknames ;)[/quote']

Haha, I literally blurt out laughing upon reading your first sentence, had to double check, right you are indeed, it does come up with my posts. :D

I just call him il Grapitano in an attempt to annoy Roma tifosi, and the dramatics that surround Totti, mostly under the Sensi era, where, Totti is bigger than the club.

Gladiatore, for me is only reserved for one Roma player, De Rossi. Totti is a much of a gladiatore as Ashley Young is for Utd. :P

Things just go from bad to worse for Roma. So much for 3rd.

Haha' date=' Maybe he'll be Pirlo in the next life. :D[/quote']

Forget that! Prandelli needs to take him to Ukraine and Poland!

EDIT:

Speaking of il Grapitano, the old boy has struck again. 2-2. Great second half of football.

Totti did it again :o

@Kylan

Agree !!!

How about that for a chance. Great bit of running from Lamela there' date=' even better save from Carizzo. Roma are really stepping it up. Carizzo's keeping Catania in this.

Then on the other end... lord knows how Roma tifosi don't go into fits when Heinze goes in for a tackle, he is such a dodgy sort, well he always has been but luckily he was precise there or yet another penalty. Love the grit he brings, it's just very risqué.

[b']EDIT:[/b]

Alas, so there it is, Roma's hopes of CL football next year, vanquished by Catania. 2-2, final score. Great second half, Totti was magic.

Domingos Willians confirmed as udinese player' date=' Allan next? :P[/quote']

Here is the detail from Football Italia :

Udinese have reportedly secured a deal for Flamengo midfielder Willians Domingos Fernandes, who is expected to undergo a medical soon.

The 26-year-old is

nicknamed ‘Pitbull’ due to his passionate tackling and Brazilian media suggest his arrival is imminent.

The Friulani have agreed a deal worth €3m for

Willians, who has been at

Flamengo since 2009, and aim to add him to their squad next season.

€3M for Willians ? Bargain :)

Still no news about Allan (Vasco Da Gama).

Well the day is here lads, huge day for determining some key battles in Serie A and then there's also the Derby della Madonnina - what could be better! :D

We have a really tough game against Bologna this afternoon, Di Vaio will be keen to sign off his last home game in style before his move to the US and then there's the matter of keeping the underrated Diamanti quiet. Luckily Ramirez is suspended, otherwise i wouldn't be feeling very confident right now :P

We we won't be short of support in Romagna though, reports indicate 10,000 tifosi Partenopei will be making the trip which is a phenomenal number and should help spur the lads on no end! The in-form Pandev is likely to start over Pocho again, apart from that it should be a similar setup to the Palermo game although Britos will likely come in for the suspended FeFe as Campagnaro is still recovering from an injury.

I will also give a mention to Insigne who was on the scoresheet again for Pescara yesterday, as Zeman's side were scoring for fun again, this time against Grosseto. The win sees them move into first place ahead of Torino, and Insigne's goal was his 6th in the last 4 games!! Could it be just coincidence that his form has rocketed when Lavezzi's future is becoming more and more in doubt, i think not :P

As for the Willians signing, that is an absolute steal for Udinese they are getting a quality player.

Another stellar performance by Parma who look on course for their 6th straight win which would be incredible! Gio has continued his great form, bagging their sole goal whilst Paletta has been an absolute rock at the back, he's kept Destro in his pocket all game.

EDIT: Floccari slots home to seal a clinical 2-0 win for Parma, they are unstoppable at the moment!! If results go their way they could be in with a shout of a EL spot, and tbh the way they have played the past month they would deserve it. Gio has been simply outstanding for them, his stock is rocketing as we speak!!

In today's version of - Who's saying what...

Ljajic is quick to refute all of Delio Rossi's claims from yesterday;

“I don’t know why he has to refer to falsehoods now.

I want to deny in every possible way the story that I insulted Rossi in my language.

Besides, the insult he is referring to is not even a common phrase for me or the Serbian language.

At this stage I’d have no problem admitting it if I had said something like that. I repeat, I made a mistake, but my provocation was limited to an applause and the phrase ‘bravo maestro, really, you’re great.’

I was wrong and I was angry but, despite my anger, I maintained enough of a clear head to avoid using insults. I never said anything like that and I don’t understand why he has to refer to falsehoods now.

It’s true, I didn’t apologise to the Coach and that was a mistake, but his reaction was just too strong. I hope to be brought back into the squad immediately so I can give my contribution to the team.”

This wouldn't be anything without Delio Rossi's daily dose of what happened, even takes a snide jab at some of the younger players today (Ljajic).

“They (young footballers) are 20 years old and turn up to training sessions with luxury cars, then you can only talk to them through their agents, while sometimes you find them eating chocolate during the half-time break. It’s not just Ljajic, but a generation of over-privileged boys.

Ljajic has never apologised to me for what he said. In fact, after the Novara game I went into the locker room to tell off my squad for being an arrogant bunch who risked throwing away the match.

Then I went over to Ljajic and told him he must never again dare to speak to me that way and behave the way he did. He was anything but contrite. In fact, he tried to attack me."

Since Viola have already had their Serie A licensed renewed, lets just get the enquiry under way please, these two are hogging spaces in the paper far too much now, much so, the Morrati and Zamperini quotes are few and little now. Absurd!

More or less hoping for a late goal for Atalanta against Lazio, keeping them behind us as head-to-head, they're better then us, which Udinese are not. Unless of course Inter take something away from Lazio and Udinese lose while we win is our only chance at the moment going into our last game.

More or less hoping for a late goal for Atalanta against Lazio' date=' keeping them behind us as head-to-head, they're better then us, which Udinese are not. Unless of course Inter take something away from Lazio and Udinese lose while we win is our only chance at the moment going into our last game.[/quote']

Yeah that's the only way we are going to get 3rd now, not how i wanted it to be at all. It's much better to control your own destiny.

Is it me or do you think Mazzarri made another dodgy sub, bringing on Dzemaili for Inler instead of taking off Gargano?

Yeah that's the only way we are going to get 3rd now' date=' not how i wanted it to be at all. It's much better to control your own destiny.

Is it me or do you think Mazzarri made another dodgy sub, bringing on Dzemaili for Inler instead of taking off Gargano?[/quote']

More or less wondering why he's not starting Lavezzi anymore. I get it, Pandev's in good form, but Lavezzi is a better player still.

Also, why does he think bringing Dossena on for Britos is some game changing sub? I can't remember the last time Dossena's had a good game.

I do agree though, not really sure why he's made the decisions he has.

Scratch that late goal, Cana makes it 2-0.

More or less wondering why he's not starting Lavezzi anymore. I get it' date=' Pandev's in good form, but Lavezzi is a better player still.

Also, why does he think bringing Dossena on for Britos is some game changing sub? I can't remember the last time Dossena's had a good game.

I do agree though, not really sure why he's made the decisions he has.

Scratch that late goal, Cana makes it 2-0.[/quote']

It makes you wonder if there has been some kind of fallout behind the scenes and whether there's some truth in these reports of a bust up between Mazzarri and Lavezzi. Don't get me wrong Pandev is in good form at the moment and was really good against Palermo, but Lavezzi is a game changer.

I haven't a clue mate, as i said Gargano has had a stinker today so i'm not sure why he wasn't taken off instead of Inler. As for Dossena, well that is truly baffling :confused:

If there's one gripe i have with Mazzarri it's that he's not good at reacting and making changes in game, and his substitutions are puzzling half the time to say the least...

Unbelievable. None of the channels on my cable have Milan vs Inter. What is this.......? :(

Mate' date=' blame stupid Juventus. From what I understand, [i']The Score[/i] was scheduled to the della Madonnina but they've somehow taken reigns of the *Juve - Cagliari* match now, lord knows why. Idiocy at it's best. TLN isn't showing anything either. Stream it is.

It makes you wonder if there has been some kind of fallout behind the scenes and whether there's some truth in these reports of a bust up between Mazzarri and Lavezzi. Don't get me wrong Pandev is in good form at the moment and was really good against Palermo' date=' but Lavezzi is a game changer.[/quote']

To be honest I never understood how Lavezzi stayed with Napoli after his big bust up with De Laurentiis back in '09, especially when the level of there heated war of words had De Laurentiis calling out EL Pocho for using brothels and hookers on a regular basis, along with Lavezzi somewhat playing games with the club, in one case losing his passport, or using that as an excuse of sorts as to why he didn't return from Int'l duty.

The infamous Lavezzi lambast; DL - "If you are an athlete then you don't use prostitutes and go drinking out late at night. I cannot do anything if someone always goes drinking at four in the morning and then uses hookers after."

I have to think on some level Lavezzi will be plying his trade elsewhere in the summer, seeing how De Laurentiis works, if he can't have Lavezzi, nodbody can, so it'll outside of Italy.

Lastly I fully agree on your last sentence, the man is lethal at taking a match by the throat, squeezing everything out of the opposition. He'll be missed? :P

On Napoli, again, to think, this was the team I had pipped for the Scudetto this year. Champions League, lack of depth, lack of defending, can be a right curse.