Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

To be honest I never understood how Lavezzi stayed with Napoli after his big bust up with De Laurentiis back in '09' date=' especially when the level of there heated war of words had De Laurentiis calling out EL Pocho for using brothels and hookers on a regular basis, along with Lavezzi somewhat playing games with the club, in one case losing his passport, or using that as an excuse of sorts as to why he didn't return from Int'l duty.

The infamous Lavezzi lambast; [i']DL - "If you are an athlete then you don't use prostitutes and go drinking out late at night. I cannot do anything if someone always goes drinking at four in the morning and then uses hookers after."[/i]

I have to think on some level Lavezzi will be plying his trade elsewhere in the summer, seeing how De Laurentiis works, if he can't have Lavezzi, nodbody can, so it'll outside of Italy.

Lastly I fully agree on your last sentence, the man is lethal at taking a match by the throat, squeezing everything out of the opposition. He'll be missed? :P

On Napoli, again, to think, this was the team I had pipped for the Scudetto this year. Champions League, lack of depth, lack of defending, can be a right curse.

Haha De La doesn't hold back does he? I remember that bust up all too well lol

All the signs are there that he's unsettled but then again it could be journalists making a story out of nothing, we'll just have to wait and see. But i think if you read between the lines of Mazzarri's recent comments that 'Lavezzi isn't first choice' you can see there's something going on there because at the business end of the season you need your stars, not your Pandevs! The thing that worries me is that Lavezzi is worth a lot more than the 30m euro buy-out clause and i'd hate to see him go cheap...

I will certainly miss him if he goes that's for sure, he's my favourite Napoli player and he's also adored by the tifosi Partenopei. A lot is made of Cavani's goalscoring ability that Pocho often gets forgotten by those who don't watch a lot of our games or Serie A in general. He is Napoli in my opinion and we would struggle to replace his flair and creativity in all honesty, but hopefully it's all just speculation and he stays for another season!

Yep i think this long season has taken it's toll on us and there is a lot to be done over the summer mercato to ensure we can battle on more than one front next season. However there was no excuse for the loss today, we had so many chances to score but we just seemed to capitulate mentally and all i'm hoping is that the results go our way next week and we can see off Siena (who looked poor against Parma today).

... and for the match anyone really cares about. :P

Inter: Julio Cesar; Maicon, Lucio, Samuel, Nagatomo; Guarin, Cambiasso, Zanetti; Sneijder, Alvarez, Milito.

Inter bench: Castellazzi, Cordoba, Pazzini, Palombo, Obi, Ranocchia, Zarate.

Milan Abbiati; Abate, Nesta, Yepes, Bonera; Nocerino, Van Bommel, Muntari; Boateng; Ibrahimovic, Robinho.

Milan bench: Amelia, Mexes, Gattuso, Aquilani, Maxi Lopez, De Sciglio, Cassano.

Nice to see all the Inter players pay a little tribute during warm-up to Cordoba by wearing his shirt, to mark his retirement and last match at San Siro.

EDIT: OH SNAP! 1-0 NERRAZZURI! Superstar Milito! Say it aint so!

EDIT #2: Sneijder with a cracking shot from about 25 yards out, poorly saved by Abbiati, palmed straight into traffic, Lucio puts the rebound in but Diavolo saved as he's offside.

Inter are looking very impressive, quick supporting, which is allowing them to link up a chain of passes.

EDIT #3: Love how the commentator said Sneijder should have put that shot in. Did he not see the awkward angle and how quickly Abbiati cut it out?

Must say Milan's defending looking very suspect.

SUB: Amelia's come on for Abbiati, injured whilst making that save on Wes.

EDIT #4: Penalty awarded to Milan!

Bad decision from the referee, Cesar clearly won the ball, the ref thinks otherwise, that he took out KBP. Very poor officiating.

Ibra nails the penalty. 1-1. As always a fiery derby. Love it. Ref needs to start getting a grip though.

So Milan still remain in the race for the Scudetto, after a very controversial penalty decision but hey, it's Milan, what's a Diavolo match without them getting a penalty. 1-1 at the half.

The penalty decision wasn't given through KBP diving, just pure poor judgement by the referee, who towards the end of the half seems to be losing the plot. Basically Cesar went for the ball, through a heavy touch in the '18 by KBP (trying to round Cesar), he clearly pushed the ball away and cleanly with his hands before KBP's run made him go straight into Cesar. There was no viable reason for the penalty.

Overall, must say Inter are playing really well, which they usually do in the della Madonnina, we need not only look at the first one, whereby Ramieri had just joined a still struggling side, with Inter coming away the victor.

Milan have been reduced to be the team playing to the counter at times, with Sneijder, Cambiasso, Nagatomo really surging the plays into the '18. Milan have already suffered two injuries (Bonera, Abbiati), used two subs (De Sciglio, Amelia).

The problem with Inter lies is they can't seem to play a full 90 minutes of football, so lets see if they can still show the same fight in the first half into the second, otherwise I think Milan may start to wake up a little more and take this.

One thing I ask of Milan today, don't let today be the day La Vecchia Crapola takes the Scudetto. Take them to the final day!

GOAL!!! Inter caught sleeping. What did I say, this team cannot play for 90 mins! 35 seconds in, the whole Inter side caught napping, Ibra dinks the ball over Cesar, 2-1, Diavolo. :D

EDIT: What an effort from Sneijder! Would have been a wonder goal. Amelia could have been seriously embarrassed there.

EDIT #2: Penalty awarded to Inter! Abate, tut tut.

EDIT #3: 2-2. Milito smashed the penalty. Game on!

Canr get the match on telly' date=' can someone tell me if Aquilani comes off the bench? He's a few appearances off triggering the buy-out clause on his loan.[/quote']

He won't be appearing for Milan again this season for purely that reason, Milan don't want him permanently according to a report i read recently.

Justice will only be served when Ibra is seen looking even more moody than usual if Inter dont lose the game and Juve hold on ;):)

I was referring to Milan's dodgy penalty earlier in the game, but i want the Scudetto race to go to the final game so i hope Milan steal it or Juve concede :P

He won't be appearing for Milan again this season for purely that reason' date=' Milan don't want him permanently according to a report i read recently.[/quote']

Great. Why's Abbiati been subbed? (according to Sky Sports, which also said Genoa were playing two different teams today)

I was referring to Milan's dodgy penalty earlier in the game' date=' but i want the Scudetto race to go to the final game so i hope Milan steal it or Juve concede :P[/quote']

Oh I know what you meant :P

Id rather Juve wrap it up TBH, over the course of the season they have been the best team and deserve to win the title IMO. However things can change in the blink of an eye, could have been a penalty for Cagliari there. I dont think it was but seen em given.

As for Aquilani he def wont play and willbe coming back to Liverpool where we face another summer of desperatly trying to ship him off.....anywhere he dont want to come back and the heirachy at Liverpool dont want him back, cant believe an Italin side wont pay 8-10M and take him, never worked out for him here but he is a decent player in Italian football where the game is more suited to his qualities

Great. Why's Abbiati been subbed? (according to Sky Sports' date=' which also said Genoa were playing two different teams today)[/quote']

Injured whilst making a save on Sneijder, think it may be a thigh muscle or hamstring, as he had to scramble quite quickly from onto the ground to close down the angle.

Both of Milan's subs have been due to injuries.

Oh I know what you meant :P

Id rather Juve wrap it up TBH' date=' over the course of the season they have been the best team and deserve to win the title IMO. However things can change in the blink of an eye, could have been a penalty for Cagliari there. I dont think it was but seen em given.

As for Aquilani he def wont play and willbe coming back to Liverpool where we face another summer of desperatly trying to ship him off.....anywhere he dont want to come back and the heirachy at Liverpool dont want him back, cant believe an Italin side wont pay 8-10M and take him, never worked out for him here but he is a decent player in Italian football where the game is more suited to his qualities[/quote']

You're right they probably deserve it more than Milan, but everyone loves final weekend drama! :P

I think the problem with Aquilani is that he's acquired this baggage tag where he gets banded around to various teams, he used to be highly rated but his stock is shot to pieces due to his terrible Liverpool career. I'm sure you will get some interest in him but for less that 8m in my opinion.

Who scored Inter's third? Watching on stream, but missed it as I was making a smoothie.

Great game, love Serie 'A', still my favourite league.

EDIT; Milito hat-trick. Okay. Love Zanetti, he's a king.