Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Hmm. Delio Rossi - Ljajic ... continues, as Behrami has now entered the frame, coming out and defending Ljajic, basically inadvertently calling Delio Rossi a liar, even adding others along the sideline didn't hear Ljajic blurt out anything that's been suggested by DR.

“It’s a shame he said things that weren’t true.

I was sorry for the Coach, because I’d known him at Lazio too.

We were all shaken up by the scene with Adem, but the day after Rossi said some things that weren’t true.

Adem swore to us he never said those things to Rossi, plus the people on the bench didn’t hear anything either, so perhaps Rossi would’ve done better to keep quiet.

You can emerge from even the biggest mistakes like a great man, but he didn’t do that. It’s a shame that he said things that were not true.

Mind you, if we managed to make someone like Rossi lose it like that, then as a team we really must be bad."

Can certainly agree on that last statement.

So the saga continues. *Cue the Star Wars music in your head*

Lastly, surrounding the Hernanes rumours, moving him with a transfer away from Lazio; Hernanes' agent - "We've met with Lotito and he told us that he definitely doesnt wants to sell him."

Italy boss Cesare Prandelli is expected to name a preliminary 30-man squad on Sunday before selecting his final party for Euro 2012.

The tactician will unveil his picks at some stage on the last day of the Serie A season.

He’ll then have to confirm his 23-man squad between May 12 and 29.

Prandelli has already stated that he won’t include any surprise names, while he

seemed to confirm today

that Antonio Di Natale

would be selected.

The door is closed for ADP, Giaccherini and Lodi then :o

Re: Riferimento: Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Failed...we won the Scudetto for 5 years' date='we cant win it every year.[/quote']

Tell me how motivated Berlusconi was to spend money on Milan after they had been in the trial. Or what verdict Juve got for that matter. Without those two things, Inter would not be be champions. Now, with Berlusconi opening his wallet again and Juve finally stabilizing under Conte, Inter has no chance - again.

you're talking about 7 years ago :rolleyes:

So what? Afraid of talking about history? I can relate to that given that you have only enjoyed recent success. Milan is bigger and better than Inter still.

The door is closed for ADP' date=' Giaccherini and Lodi then :o[/quote']

Still not giving up on #Lodi2012. Making a promotional video to send to Azzurri HQ in Florence as I type.

Speaking of Florence...

Get him!

Corriere della Sera, confirms that today, Oriali will indeed be meeting with Andrea Della Valle to discuss the soon to be vacant Director position.

Baba.

Babacar's coming back to Firenze! Racing Santander have cancelled his on-loan contract. Only ask, why's this not done ages ago, when Vioal have only been strung to 2 forwards, none of whom have been fit the past 2 weeks, with crucial points on the line!? I mean, he has hardly gone to Spain and got any playing time too, so it's not as if he was in Santander's plans either.

Worrying.

Tuttosport is only one of a few today suggesting Lazzari is currently unhappy in Firenze due to his playing time this season, where he really should have been first priority over Livo and recently Kharja, now could be considering a move back to Cagliari. Seriously hope that doesn't happen.

Pandora's Box.

So. Delio Rossi has had his say, Ljajic's Dad, his, Behrami, his POV y'day, all that remains is Ljajic. Alas, here it is...

Corriere della Sera - “I didn’t insult the Coach.

If the TV images show that I did then I’ll quit the game. Rossi looked to strike me on more than one occasion while saying ‘you’re a jerk, I’ll kill you’.

That’s when I responded to him in Serbian and I wasn’t complimentary.

I can’t forgive him.

He tried to strike me while I couldn’t defend myself. I have a little cousin in Serbia who is 10 and he watches all of my games. He was left shocked.

I came off the pitch and I applauded the Coach, I gave him the thumbs up and in Italian I said ‘you’re a great, you’re really very good!’

I made a mistake, but I didn’t expect a reaction like that. I want people to examine the pictures so they can read my lips.

People have started saying that I insulted his dead mother, that I spoke about a handicapped son and none of that is true.

Fortunately he didn’t hit me fully. I didn’t react and I’m proud of that. It shows that my parents brought me up well.

At half-time I was telling a teammate what happened and then the Coach came in.

He threw the tactics board on the floor and continued to insult me. I answered him back before Matija Nastasic and Lorenzo De Silvestri calmed me down.

I also thank Alessandro Gamberini, the captain, who said some nice words about me after the Lecce game.”

Must say, perhaps Ljajic's side of the story has more believability to it. Behrami came out, backed these claims yesterday, Ljajic's made mention of other Viola players who may be able to also back-up his claims, if so, it very much leaves Delio Rossi in the deep end of the pool (keep in mind nobody has come out supporting Delio Rossi's statements to be true), unless all Viola players have set out some mass propaganda against DR.

Until a full enquiry is done, which should have been done after the instance, as now people have time to get their stories straight, if you know what I mean, it'll still very much be, he said, she said.

There's a part of me that thinks Behrami should have kept his mouth shut, let this whole thing die down, which it appeared to be doing but now things are back open to discussion and scrutiny, as we're hearing stories from 3 sides. I can understand Ljajic giving his views, after all he's the one being verbally accused of slander, to a great lack of professionalism and going where no player should, so he has everything to fight for against but at this point, it's just a war of words.

If there's one thing about Pandora's Box' date=' let it be known that as it shuts, another one opens. As Viola's mini turn of events via DR-Ljajic, which opened Firenze's own box, die down for now, an even bigger one is on the brink of opening.

Stefano Palazzi, FIGC, chief investigator, has finally submitted the findings from the judicial investigation surrounding [b']Calcio scommesse[/b] (originating from last year). Tomorrow the FIGC will begin disciplinary hearings, which should begin to reveal all content, of which the referrals below are based on (excluding the whole Bari debacle).

• 33 games divided as follows:
    - 29 of the Serie B seasons of various sports
    - 2 of two different editions of Tim Cup
    - 2 Cup Italy Pro League in season 2010/2011.

29 Serie B:

Frosinone - Albinoleffe of June 1, 2008.

Rimini - Albinoleffe of December 20, 2008

Ancona - Albinoleffe of January 17, 2009.

Pisa - Albinoleffe of March 7, 2009.

Salerno - Albinoleffe of April 18, 2009.

Frosinone - Albinoleffe on May 9, 2009.

Albinoleffe - Ancona on 30 May 2009.

Turin - Grosseto on January 16, 2010.

Grosseto - Mantua on 15 March 2010.

Empoli - Mantua on March 23, 2010.

Padua - Grosseto on March 23, 2010.

Brescia - Mantova on April 20, 2010.

Citadel - Mantua on April 24, 2010.

Ancona - Grosseto on April 30, 2010.

Mantova - Modena on 8 May 2010.

Frosinone - Grosseto on May 15, 2010.

Grosseto - Reggina on May 23, 2010.

Ancona - Mantova on May 30, 2010.

Empoli - Grosseto on May 30, 2010.

Albinoleffe - Piacenza on December 20, 2010.

Ascoli - Atalanta on March 12, 2011.

Atalanta - Piacenza on March 19, 2011.

Padova - Atalanta on March 26, 2011.

Novara - Ascoli on April 20, 2011.

Pescara - Piacenza on April 9, 2011.

Ascoli - Sassuolo on April 9, 2011.

Livorno - Piacenza on May 14, 2011.

Grosseto - Reggina on May 15, 2011.

Piacenza - Albinoleffe on May 21, 2011.

2 TIM Cup:

Chievo - Novara on November 30, 2010.

Gubbio - Cesena on November 30, 2011.

2 matches Lega Pro Cup:

Cremonese - Monza on October 27, 2010.

Pisa - Monza on December 8, 2010.

• 22 Italian teams.

AlbinoLeffe, Ancona, Ascoli, Atalanta, Avesa, Cremonese, Pescara, Empoli, Frosinone, Livorno, Modena, Monza, Novara, Padua, Piacenza and Ravenna, Reggina, Rimini, Sampdoria, Siena, Torino, Mantua.

• 61 individuals including:
    - 52 active players at the time of their disputes
    - 2 players not in operation at the time of their disputes
    - 4 executives or employees of the Company
    - 3 Register of technicians, including 2 in activity at the time their disputes.

Dominic Paolo Acerbis, Andrea Alberti, Mirko Bellodi, Cristian Bertani, David Caremi, Philip Carobbio, Mario Cassano, Edward Catinali, Marco Cellini, Roberto Colacone, Alberto Comazzi, Luigi Consonni, Kewullay Conteh Achilles Coser, Federico Cossato, Filippo Cristante, Andrea De Falco, Franco De Falco, Alfonso De Lucia, Cristiano Doni, Nicola Ferrari, Riccardo Fissore, Fiuzzi Luca, Alberto Maria Fontana, Ruben Garlini, Carlo Gervasoni, Andrea Iaconi, Vincent Iacopino, Italian Vincenzo, Hervé Thomas Job, Jose Inacio Joelson, Tomas Locatelli, Giuseppe Magalini Mastronunzio Savior, Micolucci Vittorio, Nicola Mora, Antonio Narciso, Maurizio Nassi, Gianluca Nicco, Marco Paoloni, Gianfranco Parlato, Dario Passoni, Pederzoli Alex, Alessandro Pellicori, Mirco Poloni, Caesar Rickler Gianfranco, Gianni Rosati, Francesco Ruopolo, Nicola Santoni, Santoruvo Vincent, Maurizio Sarri, Luigi Sartor, smudge Alexander, Matthew Serafini, Rijat Shala, Mirko Stefani, Juri Tamburini, Marco Turati, Daniel Vantaggiato, Nicola Ventola, Alessandro Zamperini.

Edited yesterday's post. Everything in bold is stuff that has come out from today, thus far.

I see Labrin has played quite alot recently for Palermo' date=' how good is he and can he rise from 84 even with Palermo near the bottom of the league?

Have searched but found nothing, any help is appreciated :)[/quote']

The only time i've seen him in action was our match against Palermo at the beginning of this month and i was quite impressed with him (good in the air for a shorter defender, kept the ball well), i'd even go as far as saying he was their best defensive player (albeit it didn't take much as Munoz and Milanovic had stinkers of a game).

I wouldn't of thought 8 starts is worth a +1 at the moment, however they've all come after Christmas so if he can continue these regular starts next season i can't see why he won't rise.

Some more interesting news coming out of Italy, very, actually.

Nesta.

Firstly Milan have announced Nesta will have a press conference tomorrow (12pm - Italy / 1pm - UK), announcing either his retirement, or move away from the club, rumoured to be to the New York Red Bulls.

Love Diavolo or not, love Azzurri or not, he'll go down as a legend in the game, either way, as I just said to Rob, an iconic CB of our time. On a selfish level, I'd love for him to end it in red and black, rather than go to America.

Napoli.

The Mayor of Naples, has announced plans for a new stadium for Napoli, which will mirror “a shell at the feet of Mount Vesuvius.” Um, OK.

Luigi De Magistris - “For three more years Napoli will play at the San Paolo. Once the new stadium in the Ponticelli area is completed, work will begin on restructuring the San Paolo.

The shell at the feet of Mount Vesuvius is a proposal put forward by the council for the construction of a new stadium, an activity I have said I will do from the start of my work as Mayor.

Finally someone put forward a serious project and it involves the construction of a new arena in the Ponticelli area and a restyling of the San Paolo.

We want it to be not only a stadium, but a stadium-arena where other than football games it represents a meeting place for youngsters, a cinema, shops and gyms.

De Laurentiis will participate in the construction of a new stadium, as any project will be made in conjunction with Napoli. In 2014 the contract between the council and Napoli football club expires, so we have to work both on renewing that and ensuring participation in the new stadium.

In any case, over the next three years the San Paolo will also be improved and renewed, as we are working with De Laurentiis on this. We’ll improve the toilets, pitch-side advertising boards, the pitch and other significant alterations.”

I see Labrin has played quite alot recently for Palermo' date=' how good is he and can he rise from 84 even with Palermo near the bottom of the league?

Have searched but found nothing, any help is appreciated :)[/quote']

Wish I could give you an in-depth answer but as someone who really doesn't get into watching Palermo a lot (other than when playing a big side, since they always seem to show great fight), for a player that hasn't featured all season hard to say.

All I can say if defensively speaking, one can't say much about Palermo because they cannot defend. There idea of defending is attacking, naturally they are left very exposed. I see he's only made 8 appearances, going off that, I can't see a rise truth be told.

Maybe someone else can give you more info, Palermo isn't exactly my fortay I'm afraid to say, unless we're talking about Zamp, which I'm game for a round of giggles. :D

Novara reaction:

Novara are stunned that they were referred to the Disciplinary Commission over the betting scandal and Coach Attilio Tesser prays none of his players are found guilty.

The already-relegated club was one of three top flight clubs named in an investigation into betting and alleged match-fixing in Serie B last year.

Novara released a statement this evening confirming “faith in our players,” but noted they have taken steps to stamp out the influence of betting syndicates by introducing an anti-fraud system that scans markets for unusual patterns and a clause in contracts preventing players from making deals on games.

“I cannot believe it and I don’t want to believe it,” said Coach Tesser. “If I really did discover one of my lads had done the things that we read about in the newspapers, it’d be the biggest sporting disappointment of my life.”

However, other clubs are also involved – namely Atalanta and Siena – so Novara could even be allowed back into the top flight if these sides are heavily penalised.

“It will be a difficult summer for everyone, perhaps us more than most, because we won’t know until the final moment if we’re still in Serie A or relegated to Serie B,” said director of sport Cristiano Giaretta.

“It’s also bound to be a strange transfer market, because if the number of players implicated really do get penalised, then many clubs will have to rebuild their squads.”

An actual decision on the Serie A sides involved is not expected until after Euro 2012.

I can't see Atalanta being stupid enough again to be proven guilty, though I guess you never know.

The only time i've seen him in action was our match against Palermo at the beginning of this month and i was quite impressed with him (good in the air for a shorter defender' date=' kept the ball well), i'd even go as far as saying he was their best defensive player (albeit it didn't take much as Munoz and Milanovic had stinkers of a game).

I wouldn't of thought 8 starts is worth a +1 at the moment, however they've all come after Christmas so if he can continue these regular starts next season i can't see why he won't rise.[/quote']

Last 8 games hes started i think.

Thanks for the info. Im gonna take a punt on him.

Quote of the day goes to ... the one and only, Mr. Luciano Moggi, on the whole Juventus, third star debate - “Of course Juventus ought to put the third star on their jerseys. If it were up to me, I’d nail it to Moratti’s forehead.”

Oh no he didn't.

Who doesn't love Zamparini ?! :D

President Maurizio Zamparini is taking the next logical step in his Palermo career. “I’ve got a scoop for you – I’ll be the Coach next season!”

The patron is famous for

chopping and changing

tacticians and went

through three this term

alone, sacking Stefano Pioli before the Serie A games even started, then Devis Mangia and finally Bortolo Mutti.

Vincenzo Montella and

Giuseppe Sannino have

been linked with the job

and Zamparini spoke to

Italian radio. “The Coach of Palermo will not be Montella, as he’s going to Roma. Sannino is the boss of Siena.

I’ve got a scoop for you – I’ll be the Coach next season! It’ll be the big novelty of 2012-13,”

Also Matias Silvestre has declared he want to leave. (not surprising)

And mighty undefeated Juventus were linked to Palacio (Again).

Well, i don't know about you Andrew but i'm really excited after reading about the Mayor's proposal for a new stadium “at the feet of Mount Vesuvius.” - sounds fantastic if it goes ahead!

As for some of the other news today, i think Nesta's announcement about his future in tomorrow's press conference catches the eye the most. It would be so sad to see him retire as he's truly one of the legends of the game. I'm with you Kylan, i'd love to see him remain in Italia for one more season before hanging up his boots.

As has become normal lately, Montella has been linked with another managerial position, this time with the soon to be vacant Roma job (as i think its safe to say LE won't be returning to the Giallorossi for another season). However this link seems to have more credibility and according to FI he has held serious negotiations with the club and an announcement could be made as early as next Monday.

Quote of the day goes to ... the one and only' date=' Mr. Luciano Moggi, on the whole Juventus, third star debate - [i']“Of course Juventus ought to put the third star on their jerseys. If it were up to me, I’d nail it to Moratti’s forehead.”[/i]

Oh no he didn't.

What a legend! I was in stitches when i read that on FI lol XD

Last 8 games hes started i think.

Thanks for the info. Im gonna take a punt on him.

Not the last 8 games as he made his Palermo debut in January, but still 8 starts is pretty good so it's worth taking a gamble.

Nesta. :(

Well, press conference is done and he's not retiring, thus all signals pretty much point to the MLS.

Nesta - "This has been my last season with Milan. I’m leaving. We’re playing at high levels and if I no longer feel important then I’d prefer to stay at home.

I took this decision when I was feeling in good shape. I’ve won a lot but out of respect for the club and myself, I would like to go and try a different experience where I will be able to do something good.

I made my choice in February. The club offered me a new one-year deal, but I decided that I didn’t want it.

I don’t know where I will be playing next season because I haven’t signed anything.

I’ll go and play where the tempo is lower. An experience in America wouldn’t be bad, it’ll be a great adventure.

I’ll miss the people at Milanello who have been here on a daily basis for the last 10 years. I’ll also leave behind historic friendships with Massimo Ambrosini, Clarence Seedorf, Andrea Pirlo, Christian Abbiati, Paolo Maldini – people who I have a bond with.

I leave Milan disappointed because we wanted to win the championship and could have.

I don’t know what the future will hold for Milan because there will be a group of players leaving. I don’t know what the club will do.”

So with Nesta and Pippo saying goodbye, that just leaves Seedorf (FA- linked with all-sorts), Gatzilla (FA - supposedly would play for free to remain at Milan, rumoured to be him and Yepes could be offered 1 yr extensions), Abbiati (could be replaced), Ambro (should stay on), Zambrotta (FA - Possibly retiring or is considering MLS move), remaining from the old guard, all of which come summer could be destined to head elsewhere, or have there career prolonged by just 1 more yr, or call it a career, putting an end to that past Milan era.

DiegOoooo, woahhh, he came from Atletico Madrid... and all he was sh!t.

Diego Forlan looks all but set to keep his Inter career down to one measly season, as his agent,Edgar Goulart, reports a deal is almost done with Brazilian side, Atletico Mineiro;

Goulart - “There has already been a meeting. Forlan is unhappy, he wants to play more and recover his career. Inter can make his exit easy. We are at an advanced stage in talks and I think he could end up at Atletico.”

Viola.

Boruc - The Holy Goalie, the man Della Valle picked over Frey, could be destined to jump ship as 3 clubs from the Premiership, one being Spurs are being linked with him. He''s already showed some hesitation when Fiorentina's head was on the chopping block, looking at a great escape if Viola failed to stay in the top flight, so you never now.

Reja - Oh dear. It's only going to be natural that Viola will be linked to near enough every other person on the planet but why oh why, Edy Reja!? The last thing Firenze needs at the moment is a drama queen.

Giovinco = cue the storm!

If Ghirardi's latest comments are anything to by, be it you're Juventus (wanting him back on full ownership), or another club interested in little, yet not so little Gio, prepare to pay up and I mean ALOT, not forgetting you'll then have to deal with Juventus for their share, unless done at one time. Why?

“I’m used to valuing my products based on bids in the market, so if Javier Pastore and Alexis Sanchez are valued at €40m, then Giovinco is worth more, because based on appearances and goals he has done better, and we don’t need to sell him.”

Good luck.

EDIT:

BREAKING - LUIS ENRIQUE.

Should come as no surprise to some but news is blowing up right now on numerous sites, especially via Sky Italia that LE has told players and management he is leaving Roma, has been pictured saying his goodbyes to players. Enter Monty, again?

Here's a point for you, which even I have to question; the man who is doing everything in his power to bring Monty back, Baldini, came to a mutual consensus with Montella himself during Monty's caretaker role in Rome, that both their futures lay in different directions. It's rather funny see both go back on that, in just the span of a year.

It's sad news about Nesta, but it was the decision i was expecting. I suppose we should be thankful he's going to the MLS and not the other retirement league, China :o. I can't help but feel it's the perfect time for a spell of Juve dominance because both the Milan clubs will be going through major transitionary periods whilst they filter out the old guard and bring through the next generation.

Building on the names you talked about Kylan, it seems Seedorf is joining Pippo and Nesta in waving goodbye to the Diavolo. He is reported to be moving to Brazilian side Botafogo as early as next Monday under whisperings that a major fallout has occurred between him and Allegri.

As for the Gio valuation, i was stunned lol. Yes, he's a fine talent but i don't think Ghirardi can compare him with the sums fetched for Sanchez and Pastore. Both of those players were established performers at bigger clubs than Parma, and they also had solid experience in European competition. It seems he's just driving the price up to desperately try and keep him at il Tardini for at least one more season.

Now for some Partenopei news, and surprise surprise it's Pocho filling the columns once again! Although i mock, the rumours are getting serious as it appears some sort of deal has been agreed with Inter, with the Nerazzurri readying a bid for after the conclusion of the Coppa Italia. De La's visit to Milan 'looking for players' doesn't seem so innocent now...

Inter will reportedly make a bid for Ezequiel Lavezzi after Napoli’s Italian Cup Final against Juventus on May 20.

Stories are gathering pace that the Argentine is at the top of the club’s transfer wish-list as they look to reinforce ahead of next season.

The forward has a €31m rescission clause built into his San Paolo contract, but the Nerazzurri are hoping to tempt the Azzurri with a cash plus player deal.

Although initially prepared to offer Napoli money and defender Andrea Ranocchia, Inter have formulated another offer.

The Beneamata are prepared to table €15m, plus the contract of Goran Pandev – already on loan from Inter – and Marco Davide Faroni. They are also prepared to loan Napoli defender Juan Jesus.

According to the Gazzetta dello Sport, Lavezzi would be handed the No 21 shirt at San Siro as ‘his’ No 22 is on the back of Diego Milito.

I accept he's likely to leave over the summer but i really wanted him, if he was to move at all, to depart Italia for a foreign league so i he doesn't come back to taunt us at least twice a season!

I can't help but feel it's the perfect time for a spell of Juve dominance because both the Milan clubs will be going through major transitionary periods whilst they filter out the old guard and bring through the next generation.

See where you're coming from with regards to that. It seems like half the league come the summer mercatto could be heading for an overhaul for their sides' date=' some minor, some major.

Juve seem to have all the foundations laid; there own stadium, coming off a Scudetto and possible Coppa Italia (or if you're Ahmad, the cherry on the cake), boasting some brilliant arrivals, who've been the difference this season, Champions League next season, money and money to spend on players at that. You could very call i bianconeri the modern day Pro Vercelli as far as there enthusiasm for playing to home-grown players go, a very Nationalist side, one who prides itself on that.

Everything is there for the success to continue, not that I hope it will.

As for the Gio valuation, i was stunned lol. Yes, he's a fine talent but i don't think Ghirardi can compare him with the sums fetched for Sanchez and Pastore. Both of those players were established performers at bigger clubs than Parma, and they also had solid experience in European competition. It seems he's just driving the price up to desperately try and keep him at il Tardini for at least one more season.

Yeah €40m is just a bizarre sum, especially if he's asking that just for Parma's 50%. Mental. Still, I'm going to sit back and enjoy Juve and Parma scramble and argue over him come the summer. Claws to come out. I have a feeling both teams' arrogance will get the bet of them, mainly through Marotta and Ghirardi, which may make both sell Gio to another team. After all, if I can't have him, you can't either.

I accept he's likely to leave over the summer but i really wanted him' date=' if he was to move at all, to depart Italia for a foreign league so i he doesn't come back to taunt us at least twice a season![/quote']

I can't understand why DeLa would sell to Inter, especially as I mentioned prior, he's got that sort of backbone, whereby you think he would never sell to a team that would rival them for the Scudetto, whereby you'd think selling Lavezzi to a team outside of Italy would be a given.

If indeed he is Milan bound, Inter just may start to instil some fear into me, Lavezzi would bring a very dangerous dynamic of pace and agility, with a killer instinct, which is exactly what the Nerrazzuri needs, mind you, if I were them I'd pay more attention to getting in a CB. Important to note too, both Branca and Moratti tried for El Pocho last summer, going against Gasperini's wishes, which lead to crashing the Palacio to Inter transfer, so I could see why Inter would still be linked with Lavezzi, bidding aggressively.

The question I ask is, how would you feel about the very SM-like transfer of, p/e + cash? Would you not prefer all cash?

I mean I'm not exactly the biggest Pandev fan, think Faroani is OK, plus that €15m, which I suppose could go to improving that defence, or a Lavezzi replacement, or is Vargas already that, after being given time to work with the squad (after a not so great debut, can't blame him), get familiar with the system (assuming Mazzari is there), he'll be eased in? Even then, he's not exactly of Lavezzi-standard, being quite honest, even though young, he can prove me wrong, I'm not so sure he will/can be.

EDIT:

BREAKING - LUIS ENRIQUE.

Should come as no surprise to some but news is blowing up right now on numerous sites' date=' especially via Sky Italia that LE has told players and management he is leaving Roma, has been pictured saying his goodbyes to players. Enter Monty, again?

Here's a point for you, which even I have to question; the man who is doing everything in his power to bring Monty back, Baldini, came to a mutual consensus with Montella himself during Monty's caretaker role in Rome, that both their futures lay in different directions. It's rather funny see both go back on that, in just the span of a year.[/quote']

Still awaiting official confirmation from Roma.

Viola - Egypt and Ismaili defender Ahmed Hegazi should complete a long-awaited move to Fiorentina in a few days, according to the Dervishes. Fee is apparently arranged at €1.5m.

Juventus are back in the Champions League, but their return to the competition next season is likely to be tough.

As it stands, "La Imbatutta Campione" would be inserted into the third pot of seeds – thus potentially seeing them placed into a ‘group of death’.

The Bianconeri are currently 15 th in UEFA’s club rankings, for next

season's European Cup

qualifiers, which is the

system that Europe’s

governing body use to

decide seedings ahead of the Champions League

draw.

Reports are already

suggesting that a worst

case scenario for Juve

could see them placed in a section with Barcelona,

Manchester City and Borussia Dortmund.

Oh i like that, a good test for our "Immortality".

I more prefer the comments by Lavezzi's agent (First time he's said anything positive).

Ezequiel Lavezzi’s agent has denied that he or his player has met with Inter President Massimo Moratti over a possible summer transfer.

The Argentine forward is attracting speculation this summer as to a possible move away from Napoli, with the Nerazzurri said to be his main suitors.

Aurelio De Laurentiis, who has hinted that the player might leave, was spotted in Milan a few days ago to add fuel to such rumours, whilst today reports indicate that Moratti’s club will be making a player-plus-€15m bid for the 27-year-old.

However, Lavezzi’s agent, who has previously swayed from talking up and then down his client’s intentions to stay at San Paolo, has denied any meetings over a possible move have taken place, but did leave a sting in the tail.

“Lavezzi has never met with Inter President Massimo Moratti, nor had lunch with him,” declared Alejandro Mazzoni on Radio Crc this Thursday.

“Also, he has not held a farewell party at his house for his Napoli teammates. Ezequiel has never said that he wants to get away from Napoli, where he is currently happy.

“However, this whole smear campaign is not the best way to keep him.”

I can't us selling, nor do I see us selling to Inter. That whole Pandev, Faraoni + 15m bid has already been around the block for a few weeks now, even a week ago it was supposedly rejected. I simply can't see him leaving. (Or I don't want to see him leaving, either way).

See where you're coming from with regards to that. It seems like half the league come the summer mercatto could be heading for an overhaul for their sides' date=' some minor, some major.

Juve seem to have all the foundations laid; there own stadium, coming off a Scudetto and possible Coppa Italia (or if you're Ahmad, the cherry on the cake), boasting some brilliant arrivals, who've been the difference this season, Champions League next season, money and money to spend on players at that. You could very call i bianconeri the modern day Pro Vercelli as far as there enthusiasm for playing to home-grown players go, a very Nationalist side, one who prides itself on that.

Everything is there for the success to continue, not that I hope it will.[/quote']

I agree with everything you say there, i think the worrying thing is that Juve are not far away from being a dominant force in Italia. There's great stability in the hierarchy of the club, Conte's popularity amongst the tifosi has rocketed whilst the board has complete respect for his vision and will give him whatever funds he needs to take Juve up another level.

If they land RVP over the summer mercato, god help the rest of us.......

Yeah €40m is just a bizarre sum, especially if he's asking that just for Parma's 50%. Mental. Still, I'm going to sit back and enjoy Juve and Parma scramble and argue over him come the summer. Claws to come out. I have a feeling both teams' arrogance will get the bet of them, mainly through Marotta and Ghirardi, which may make both sell Gio to another team. After all, if I can't have him, you can't either.

It's sure going to be the most interesting and contemptuous tussle over a player this mercato, there's bound to be fireworks! I agree about it resulting in Gio moving to another team, and if Lavezzi goes i think that team could be us, going on what i've read over the past few weeks.

The question I ask is, how would you feel about the very SM-like transfer of, p/e + cash? Would you not prefer all cash?

I mean I'm not exactly the biggest Pandev fan, think Faroani is OK, plus that €15m, which I suppose could go to improving that defence, or a Lavezzi replacement, or is Vargas already that, after being given time to work with the squad (after a not so great debut, can't blame him), get familiar with the system (assuming Mazzari is there), he'll be eased in? Even then, he's not exactly of Lavezzi-standard, being quite honest, even though young, he can prove me wrong, I'm not so sure he will/can be.

I would most definitely prefer straight cash, but i suppose if the player's offered are decent then it's worth considering because our squad needs filling out no question. However, Pandev and Faroani are not tempting in the slightest; Pandev has been solid but not spectacular for us this season and Faroani is a decent talent but i believe we could do better. The last thing i want to see is us settling for Inter rejects and letting Pocho go cheap, but i trust De La.

As for Lavezzi's replacement if he went, Vargas isn't the man in my opinion as he's not ready for the first team yet - a spell at a bottom half Serie A side should be on the cards for him next season, which i believe would do him the world of good.

If we got good money for Pocho i believe we have two options: either use the money to bring in a quality replacement, in the form of someone like Gio, or use it buy 2 or 3 decent players in order to fill out our squad and wait for Insigne to come through (2 DEF, 2 MID and a striker is what i think we need to go out and get).

I'm fascinated.

Posted on Friday, 11th May 2012 by Forza Italian Football Staff

Catania president Antonino Pulvirenti has hit back at rumours linking coach Vincenzo Montella with a return to Roma claiming he will remain with the Sicilian club.

The former Giallorossi coach ended last season at boss at the Lupi but was replaced in the summer by Luis Enrique, who is expected to leave the post at the end of the season.

However with reports linking Montella with a return to the Stadio Olimpico, Pulvirenti has claimed he wont be going anywhere.

“I’ve heard so much talk but I have doubts [about these reports] because Montella has another year of contract with us,” he told Sky Sport 24.

“Knowing him, he would not have spoken with anyone, just like the Roma directors, who are also reliable people, would not have talked to a coach still under contract.

“In short, this story is far-fetched and, for me, Catania are already a big club. In my opinion, we are even superior to Roma.

“So, Montella will be the coach again next year. At the end of the season we will plan for the future; the rest is mere posturing.”

Not exactly far off from what Zamparini said.

President Maurizio Zamparini will be taking the next step in his Palermo career by announcing who the clubs new coach will be.

The owner has a reputation for sacking managers, going through three this season alone. He sacked Stefano Pioli before the Serie A had begun, his replacement Devis Mangia didn’t last long alongside his final victim is Bortolo Mutti.

Recently Vincenzo Montella and Giuseppe Sannino have been linked with the job.

In an interview with Italian radio Zamparini jested, “The Coach of Palermo will not be Montella, as he’s going to Roma. Sannino is the boss of Siena. I’ve got a scoop for you – I’ll be the Coach next season! It’ll be the big novelty of 2012-13.”

If that was going to be true, he'd sack himself in a week, having media arguments with himself, claiming he's not having enough funds to spend on players while trying to defend himself as well. It'd be classic.

Manchester United are reported to have made an initial offer of € 12 million for Kwadwo Asamoah, according to Italian newspaper Il Sussidiario.

The Ghana international has become a key part of Udinese’s midfield since arriving at the Stadio Friuli in 2009 and he has attracted interest from a number of clubs during his time in Italy.

The 23-year-old is bound to leave Udinese after his representative refused to say whether the midfielder would still be at the club next season.

Napoli and Lazio have made their intentions clear

“Asamoah is a sought-after player, but I would not get wrapped up in this during a delicate time for Udinese,” Asamoah’s agent Claudio Vaghggi said.

“He has great physical strength, great personality and would have no problems fitting in and playing at a club like Napoli.”

Interesting. 12m for him, he's very talented, be surprised if he doesn't cost more. I'd love him at Napoli, give us some real depth in midfield.

Video of a bit of Nesta's press conference yesterday. English translation.

0vzxkwlzTMI

B.S. Roma.

Luis Enrique exit confirmed, it's official now. Baldini revealed all, said LE came to this decision to leave after the Fiorentina loss on April 25th.

You can tell the amounting jeers and pressure of being under a microscope in Rome from tifosi and media got the best of him.

As NF101 has quoted, Elefanti will not turn over easy, want Monty to stay. If I were Montella, I'd think I actually owed something to Pulvirenti, after all, it was Baldini in the first place who pushed Monty out for LE. In-turn, Pulvirenti gave Monty a fair chance, which has done wonders, now Roma want him back, only after a year. Again, hysterical.

The only conclusion I can jump to, that would be going through Montella's mind is... but it's Roma, you don't say no, especially when you're not at a better team and a team with a lot less transfer funds. Project Roma should interest any manager really, especially since we're out of the Sensi era, the resources are there to succeed. Temptation, temptation.

Only way Montella stays with Catania in my opinion is if he's assured players like Spolli, Lodi, Gomez, Almiron, Bergessio are not sold, plus he has funds to replace a player like Maxi, if his move to Milan is made permanent, plus on a few other transfers. Pulvirenti doesn't have pockets as deep as DiBenedetto, so easier said than done.

Scudetto - Pirlo - Allegri.

Hmm. So Pirlo has finally broken his silence on his reasoning for leaving Milan and I must say, I know the press have hammered Allegri this season, despite a good season and saying tactics quite a few times cost Milan vital points, I'd point the finger elsewhere and say his dismissal of Pirlo cost them.

Pirlo - "Milan offered me a one-year extension, but I wanted three years because I was younger than the other players whose contracts were expiring.

But the real reason behind why I left Milan was because Allegri wanted to use Massimo Ambrosini or Mark Van Bommel in front of the defence instead of me.

That meant that I had to change position on the pitch. So I said ‘no thanks’ to Milan and chose Juventus."

Viola

Cerci.

I'd think his future was sealed after his total discontent against Juventus, handicapping Viola within the span of 10 minutes, along with talk of him breaking curfew on a few occasion, also turning up late for practice.

Alas, wait, his play towards the end of the season, just as the beginning of the season may save Cerci, despite being written off, hinted at by Della Valle that he'll have to find a new club. Cerci himself has come out saying he wants to say and be part of the rebuild. It's a chance I'd take, for on his day, he is the best winger in Serie A, to give that up, especially to another Italian outfit would be idiotic.

“I want to be part of the club’s re-birth. I don’t want to live through difficult times again. I’ve made some stupid mistakes, but there are a lot of myths about me.

I’m just a normal guy who doesn’t smoke and doesn’t drink. Now I want to get Florence to love me. If I am shown a little faith then I can do great things.

I want to be part of the re-birth because I feel that my problems are over,” continued the former Roma player. I’ve changed and I want to prove that here. You’ll see – I’ll make this city love me.”

Milan's old guard is really pushing out.

Pirlo last summer, Nesta this summer to Juventus.

Inzaghi farewell letter:

MILAN – Everything that you’re about to read is secondary to this. The first and foremost thing that I want you all to know is this: I played and won for Us. Playing and winning without sharing the emotion is nothing, but you and me, us, we did it all together. We hoped, suffered, celebrated and rejoiced. We lifted cups and won titles together in our hearts. We have always been on the same wavelength. And no one can ever take that away from us.

Dear Milan fans, when I got to the club you didn’t know this. I was in a hotel room and couldn’t leave so as not to compromise the negotiations between Juventus and Milan. The first weeks, the first months, you studied me and we watched each other.

Then we fell in love. That evening against Torino. You were angry, things weren’t going well on the field and you were in silence. I started warming up and the roar you gave me made us win the match, pushing us into the Champions League and towards that final in Manchester. These memories as well as all those who consoled me in the difficult months of 2005 and 2008 and the shivers down the spine that we felt on 9 August 2006, my birthday against Stella Rossa will always be in the bedside drawer of my heart.

Athens. Football given to us for one reason: me and you, us, we wanted is so strongly, so intensely that it had to be given. Of course the reality went beyond our wildest dreams. 2 goals, against Liverpool, 2 years after Istanbul, the seventh Champions League. Destiny gave us more than we had dared hope.

Today I would like to thank with affection and emotion President Berlusconi and Adriano Galliani: their electricity and their ability to transmit emotion for me made me stronger and pushed me beyond any and all limits. But I also want to give a thought to those who, from the youth sector to all the wonderful clubs that I’ve played for, helped me to become the man and the player that I am today.

Thank you Milan, thank you football. Allow me to call you my own, the people of Via Turati, from Milanello to the offices to the phone operators to the warehouse workers, the physiotherapists, the doctors, the cooks, from the stadium to the changing room. All the people who saw me on Sunday with the short sleeves and shook with the hope that I would score. Ciao Carlo Ancelotti, I won a lot with you, ciao to my wonderful fans who followed me the world over with affection and passion. Ciao to my team mates from today and yesterday.

Last of all allow me to thank my family, my mother Marina, my father Giancarlo, Simone and Tommaso. I never would have got here without you. You’re my strength. My dear Milan, I’m leaving you only because that the way life goes. The moment has come and you know it as well.

Ciao and thanks to everyone,

Pippo Inzaghi.

Very touching moment. What a great, great player he was. Born offside, probably, but even then.

And from Gattuso.

GENNARO GATTUSO has confirmed he’s leaving Milan at the end of the current season.

Times are changing at Milan. After Alessandro Nesta confirmed his departure yesterday during a press conference, Rino Gattuso has also called time on his time at Milan after a meeting with Adriano Galliani.

Gattuso came to Milan’s headquarters at via Turati to discuss his future, and after a few hours, the announcement came: Gattuso will leave Milan at the end of this season, after 13 years in red & black.

“This is goodbye,” Gattuso told the press outside of the Milan HQ, explaining his decision. “I’ve been one year out and I understood that there wasn’t any space for me anymore. I’m making room for other players. I will meet with the Milan board one year from now to talk about working together again, but not as a player.”

Rino was one of the key figures at Milan, on and off the pitch. Wearing this shirt over than 450 times, Gattuso won the Scudetto, the Coppa Italia, the UEFA Champions League and the FIFA Club World Cup.

“Galliani put on the song ‘Mi manchi’ with Fausto Leali after I told him my decision. “I will be speaking tomorrow at a press conference at Milanello. I will be away from football for the next year. My departure is just a “see you later” and then we will talk again next year. I don’t have anything planned currently. It’s the right moment to make room for other players,” Gattuso added, confirming his exit from football as well.

Gattuso will soon become a coach, and perhaps in the future he will lead Milan again, as the Mister!

Can't wait to see him being a Coach.

Milan have officially extended the contract of Mario Yepes to June 2013, as the defender was set to become a free agent.

The club announced the new deal this afternoon, just hours after Gennaro Gattuso, Pippo Inzaghi and Alessandro Nesta confirmed they would not be renewing their contracts.

Yepes was signed as a free agent when his Chievo contract expired in the summer of 2010.

The Colombian international captain is 36 years old and this season has one goal in 10 official appearances for Milan.

Average at best. Guess another season as cover won't be too bad. Not exactly something to get Milan fans excited.

Only just heard about Nesta,can't believe his moving to the MLS,without a doubt a true great of world football and even in the modern day game his sheer class in positioning and timing of the tackle were second to none,noone else in the world brings through class defenders like Italy and Nesta was another one that fine production line.

However although I do think Nesta could have stayed on another year it's really quite a good thing the old guard is been moved on,maybe some are unhappy and felt unwelcome but from the Allegri/Galliani's position they had to be moved on and rightly so,the first XI is fairly strong and young but below that many of the old guard still existed,with Seedorf (Unconfirmed but likely to go.),Gattuso and Nesta set to leave that clears up a lot of space on the wage bill,Milan over the last couple of years have been great at picking up bargains such as Urby,Nocerino and Cassano.

Similar players might not be available in the summer but whilst over the last two years the playing staff has undergone a transformation this should be the completion of one chapter in it's history and an opening of another.

I have no real alliegance towards Italian football at all but I've enjoyed watching the way AC Milan have done there business transfer wise over the last two years,be interesting to see what they can do this year as well,I'd imagine even though he rejected the move last time around they'd try and flog Pato to PSG again or somewhere else that would take him,from there point of view he hasn't been playing and would still command a healthy transfer fee.