Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

King Arturo @soccerway

"Pirlo, Marchisio and me. At the moment there is no better midfield, and we've proven that we are better than Milan," he said.

Vidal, a summer signing from Bayer Leverkusen, said that he came to the club to win titles, and that he is now targeting glory in the Coppa Italia.

"I'm excited. I can't really say any more. I struggle to find words to describe these feelings so beautiful.

I came to Turin to win, and I wanted the league or the Coppa Italia," he said.

"I have realised that dream, and now I'm looking forward to the final in Rome. We want to make history with a double."

There is no doubt that M-V-P is the best in Italia. Can't disagree with King Arturo :)

And he very ambitious to won that "Cherry", So, he'll get it easily.

Unfornately, He won't play in last game of the season against Atalanta. :o

Talking about closing game versus Atalanta in Juventus Stadium, tickets has been sold out. And that is 21th sold out. Easy money, easy money.

Glad to see the players all fired up and ready to fulfil our end of the bargain by dispatching Siena at the weekend. We've just got to hope Udinese dramatically slip up although it's a big ask against a Catania side who's manager's thoughts seem to be far away from the Elefanti!

Talking of Catania, Montella has cancelled the pre-match conference that was scheduled for tomorrow, where he was more importantly going to answer some questions about his future in Sicily. I mean by doing this he couldn't of made his intentions any clearer, a bit of a cowardly thing to do really.

It was very emotional reading Pippo and Gattuso's statements, very powerful reading indeed and a sad realisation for all fans of Italian football who are witnessing the disbandment of perhaps one of the greatest Milan generations of all time. It will be great to see Gattuso as a coach though, that guy leaves nothing out on the field lol

As for us, nothing much to report on except for Aronica signing a new deal yesterday:

Salvatore Aronica has reportedly put pen to paper on a new contract with Napoli that ties him to the San Paolo side for another season.

It is understood that the 34-year-old centre-back, who was linked earlier in the season with a switch to his hometown club of Palermo, has now officially inked a one-year extension that was initially agreed as far back as the first week of February.

As journalist Gianluca Di Marzio reports, Aurelio De Laurentiis has also now counter-signed the contract, which contains an automatic renewal clause. Should Aronica manage to play 45 minutes or more in a minimum of 23 games next season, then his deal will be extended for another season, taking him to the end of the 2013-14 campaign.

Aronica has been with the Vesuviani since 2008 and has managed a career-high 42 appearances for Napoli so far this season.

He's been pretty solid this season but with Fe-Fe progressing well, and with us bound to add some more quality to our defence i don't expect him to play as big a role next season. He'll be good for depth, but if we buy well over the summer i don't see him meeting the requirements of the automatic-renewal clause.

Also Andrew, i thought i'd post this artist impression of our new Stadium. Not sure if you've seen it, it's a very unique shape but i quite like it B)

Napoli-New-Stadium-2.jpg

The details surrounding the new stadium are as clear as mud, originally we were meant to be moving into this new place in 3 seasons time but i've read reports which suggest that it might not be ready until 2018!! As long as we own the new stadium and not the local authority, i will be happy. Exciting times ahead for the Partenopei :)

I hate 'Jeep', they make terrible jeeps, absolutely ridiculous to drive. Extremely uncomfortable. Best off getting a Mazda jeep! A la Viola! :P

Van Bommel, Gattuso, Seedorf, Inzaghi and Nesta are all leaving.

It's been coming, but when you look at those names, they all (Van Bommel on a minor scale) all leave behind a great legacy at Milan. It seems like the right time, but when you look at it, what will Milan do? Promote or invest?

EDIT

'Livo is off to Milan. That's one!

Paolino new Jeep (also new looks)' date=' from his official FB page :

[img']http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/556197_448161618532193_116430681705290_1854195_177826069_a.jpg[/img]

Meh. Last I recalled you only had 28 titles, of which, fair play, one should be scrapped, given to nobody, as it was, the other should have gone to Roma, as Inter should have been sent down with you. Paolo has made a very poor investment. I'd rate that car 2 stars out of 10.

'Livo is off to Milan. That's one!

“Next season Montolivo will arrive & he is a very talented player with great technique.” - Allegri.

Comes as no surprise really' date=' that's why I think hardly anyone gives two tosses in Florence so as to not blow it up. It's been expected for some time now to have been done, this only confirms everyone's thoughts from the beginning. The way he's played this season, very below par, almost without care (barring that Novara outing, bit of redemption) only shows his heart has been in Milan all along.

Some other news...

[b']il mister...[/b]

After being linked with Gasperini, Zeman, Bielsa, Rafa Benitez, now LE, the media seems to reckon the Tinkerman tops the list, already saying Fiorentina have entered into talks with Ranieri. We'll see.

At this moment I find it hard to believe as Oriali (hotly tipped to be Director, has had talks with Della Valle brothers) hasn't even been appointed as Director, leaving them with 2 vacant positions, unless it's all being done behind scenes, wherby both positions will be unveiled together.

Usually one would think it's a process the Director should be a part of as both would be working very closely with one another. Gasperini still remains my favourite, especially in a re-building stage.

Natali.

He's been linked with Milan all season, yet he's still remained rather coy, now seems like he could be staying put in Firenze after the news of Milan looking to put pen to paper, offering Yepes a 1-year extension, which has set off red flags in Natali's mind, that he'll be far down the pecking order.

For me, makes no difference whether he stays or goes. Very inconsistent, a beast off corners, which he's scored some crucial goals off of, yet defensively speaking, he has been awful.

Full Monty?

I sense a war brewing, one that will not end well if Roma continues pursuing Montella, only a year after parting ways with him, when caretaker. Pulvirenti's already stated his discontent at the way Roma are handling this, labelling it as "unethical", I mean, he does have a point, Montella has 2 years left on his contract; Pulvirenti - “We are tied to Montella by a 2-yr contract & losing him would cause incalculable damage. I am annoyed by this whole affair.”

DiegOoooo' date=' woahhh, he came from Atletico Madrid... and all he was sh!t.[/b']

Diego Forlan looks all but set to keep his Inter career down to one measly season, as his agent,Edgar Goulart, reports a deal is almost done with Brazilian side, Atletico Mineiro;

Goulart - “There has already been a meeting. Forlan is unhappy, he wants to play more and recover his career. Inter can make his exit easy. We are at an advanced stage in talks and I think he could end up at Atletico.”

Inter confirm this, as much as I'm sure they confirm the opening line on Forlan.

El Pocho.

It's been all Inter - Napoli recently, when Lavezzi's name has been mentioned, it should only be natural when a player of that calibre is being so tipped to leave Napoli, a club with such wealth like PSG should come sniffing around.

Apparently it's now PSG who are in the front seat, having tabled a higher bid than Inter, all cash, €31m, which is supposedly Lavezzi's buy-out and have already agreed a contract with Lavezzi, at around €5m/year, which also includes a set of private flights for Lavezzi's girlfriend (guess he's off the hookers), according to Tuttosport.

You said you want all cash Joz, IF true, guess there it is.

Antonio Conte has won the Scudetto, but urges Juventus to remain unbeaten for the whole season. “That way nobody can ever surpass us.”

The Unbeaten Bianconeri have already set a new Serie A record by going unbeaten for the first 37 rounds of the campaign and aim to avoid defeat against Atalanta on Sunday.

“Against Atalanta our

objective is to maintain our unbeaten record to the end of the season, as that really would be something extraordinary,” said Conte in his press conference.

“I told the lads that if we

were to do that, in future

they can only match us, but nobody can ever surpass us.”

The Coach also announced that Alessandro Del Piero

will start tomorrow’s game at the Juventus Stadium.

“Del Piero was in the

starting XI as captain in the first game in this stadium against Notts County, in the first Serie A one here with Parma and will be tomorrow against Atalanta. “It seemed only right for him and his career, but also everything he has given us this year. He must do well both on Sunday and next week in the Coppa Italia Final with Napoli.”

Love the spirit ! "Nobody can ever surpass us !!"

As i expected, ADP10 will (and he must) playing as starter tomorrow. Should be a dramatic moments :)(I wish i was there:()

Robby Di Matteo and Zola has been linked with Lazio job.

Gattuso consider to ended his career with Rangers.

And Zdenek Zeman, still old Zeman. :eek:

El Pocho.

It's been all Inter - Napoli recently' date=' when Lavezzi's name has been mentioned, it should only be natural when a player of that calibre is being so tipped to leave Napoli, a club with such wealth like PSG should come sniffing around.

Apparently it's now PSG who are in the front seat, having tabled a higher bid than Inter, all cash, €31m, which is supposedly Lavezzi's buy-out and have already agreed a contract with Lavezzi, at around €5m/year, which also includes a set of private flights for Lavezzi's girlfriend (guess he's off the hookers), according to Tuttosport.

You said you want all cash Joz, IF true, guess there it is.[/quote']

Indeed it is mate, as i said the other day i would much prefer him to move to a club outside of Italy and PSG fits the bill. The fact they want to offer straight cash is even better because it just gives us a little more flexibility in acquiring a replacement if Pocho leaves. Me as well as the rest of i tifosi Partenopei are hoping he doesn't though!

I can't wait until tomorrow, it should be another dramatic final day of Serie A action and i'm quietly confident we can sneak 3rd :D

Indeed it is mate' date=' as i said the other day i would much prefer him to move to a club outside of Italy and PSG fits the bill. The fact they want to offer straight cash is even better because it just gives us a little more flexibility in acquiring a replacement if Pocho leaves. Me as well as the rest of i tifosi Partenopei are hoping he doesn't though!

I can't wait until tomorrow, it should be another dramatic final day of Serie A action and i'm quietly confident we can sneak 3rd :D[/quote']

I personally can't see Lavezzi leaving, even without CL football, though recent rumours is we're scouting Douglas Costa as a replacement if he does leave (or too add to the squad which is what I personally believe).

Also, Kaladze's finally retiring.

Former AC Milan defender Kakha Kaladze says he will retire from football to start a career in politics in his homeland.

The 34-year-old Kaladze, who is from Georgia, says venturing into politics after a 19-year career in football will be "the most important game of my life, for freedom and democracy in my country."

Kaladze currently plays for Genoa and also had spells at Dynamo Tbilisi and Dynamo Kyiv.

He was Georgia captain and had 84 appearances before his international retirement in December. He was named Georgian Footballer of the Year five times.

Kaladze won eight titles in nine seasons with Milan, including the Serie A title and two UEFA Champions League trophies. He also won the Georgian league five times and the Ukrainian championship three times.

Ezequiel Munoz from Palermo. Worth getting?

I'd say no. He's good at best, only real defenders worth getting at Palermo are Silvestre and Balzaretti, two players most likely not to be there next season.

Side note: Insigne again scores for Pescara (along with Immobile) to bring Pescara up to first. 2 out of the 3 games remaining are pretty easy in Livorno and Nocerina, hardest being Sampdoria. I'd say 3 wins, which would win them Serie B.

So, been watching 2 matches on this final day, Juve on the tele, Viola on a stream.

Sadly, La Dea's rendition of Bon Jovi's, Living on a Prayer, hasn't helped, as Juve lead 2-0 at the half, goals from Marrone, and who else but the only reason I'm watching this match, an ode to Alessandro Del Piero.

Marrone's goal was created off some great hustle and footwork from Borriello, who then slid the ball back to Marrone, struck the ball into the top corner.

DP10's was typical really, just outside the '18, Giachherini, laying the ball off, Del Piero curling a low shot to the left, not sure if it took a deflection.

Won't be watching the rest of this one, with the Spurs match on the tele, which we've just gone ahead within the span of 90 mins, courtesy of Ade. Nice 1-2 with VDV. :D

Mr. Del Piero, grazie di tutto!

As for the Viola match, still watching that on the stream, a very lifeless first half, so dead. The commentator is as boring as a pasta without any sauce, so stale, he could put me to sleep, which doesn't help matters.

Guerini has put out some of the dinosaurs today, not the greatest team selection, with nothing to play for, wish he would have out some of the younger players, other than just Neto.

Very confident we closing this season with UNDEFEATED.

HT Juve 2-0 Atalanta

-Marrone (Yay :D)

-ADP10 :D:D:D

"Non poteva mancare il gol del Capitano alla festa

scudetto !!"

congratz and great to see Del Piero score in possibly his final game and a scudetto winner!

HT Juve 2-0 Atalanta

scudetto !!"

Thats a great achievement.

When Arsenal did it a few years ago I thought I would never see a team go unbeaten for a season again. Dont really watch Serie A but they must have been very good this season.

HT Juve 2-0 Atalanta

scudetto !!"

Brilliant achievement, but it sets us up nicely to be the ultimate part poopers! :P

Really happy to see both ADP and Pippo score on their final swan songs, on a side note i thought Marrone was superb for Juve and i look forward to seeing more of him in the future :)

Cheers for the kind words lads :)

Yeah, a great achievment for us.

Anyway, we outclassed Atalanta 3-1, Barza scored the last goal from penalty spot. And Atalanta goal came from Juve player, Terminator !!

I'm not gonna gloating as usual this day, SPEECHLESS...... :o:(

Grazie Il Pinturicchio !! :(

577541_309835669092851_224879894255096_721905_648294359_a.jpg

Even big guy like Chiello can't hiding the tears in his eyes :)

Seems like it's been a day for the legends of Calcio, getting quite the send-off; Del Piero bagging a goal on his exit, to top that off, the man who hardly ever features comes off the subs for Cassano, only to hit the winner for Diavolo - PIPPO! Great day.

AsxvFX-CAAEacbI.jpg

As for the Viola match, not much to say really, nothing needs to be dissected, it was probably the most boring Fiorentina fixture I've seen all year, very stale, which pretty much lends to the entire season.

The tifosi barely turned out, nor could the Curva Fiesole be bothered to give Livo a send off, which I can understand, it been a very bitter situation.

They kept on showing Livo on camera in the stands, all kitted out, almost like as if he were to get on a plane to Milano once the final whistle blew, probably watching the Milan match on his mobile. Say what you will, but he did for the most part give a good 7 years to Firenze, but the way him and his agent have orchestrated a move, probably since the start of the season, along with his very below-par performances this season is what leaves that dark undertone to his time here.

Anyway, season is over for Viola, time to rebuild, appoint Oriali (has to be coming), then it seems as if Ranieri could be the man to become il mister.

Lastly to swallow some pride, Ahmad, whilst easier to say well done for winning the Scudetto, it's much harder to say well done for going undefeated, following Milan and Perugia in achieving such a feat, but here it is, you win, well done. :o Next season, you wait.

All I ask now is Napoli, somehow, which I don't know how, nor can see, but hope they kick your behind in the Coppa Italia. :)

Gli Azzurri named 32man's for EURO :

Goalkeepers: Buffon (Juventus), De Sanctis

(Napoli), Sirigu (Paris St.

Germain), Viviano

(Palermo).

Defenders: Abate (Milan), Astori (Cagliari), Balzaretti

(Palermo), Barzagli

(Juventus), Bocchetti

(Rubin Kazan), Bonucci

(Juventus), Chiellini

(Juventus), Criscito (Zenit), Maggio

(Napoli), Ogbonna (Torino), Ranocchia (Inter)

Midfielders: Cigarini (Atalanta), De Rossi

(Roma), Diamanti

(Bologna), Giaccherini

(Juventus), Marchisio

(Juventus), Montolivo

(Fiorentina), Thiago Motta (Paris St. Germain),

Nocerino (Milan), Pirlo

(Juventus),Schelotto

(Atalanta), Verratti

(Pescara)

Forwards: Balotelli (Manchester City), Borini

(Roma), Cassano (Milan),

Destro (Siena), Di Natale

(Udinese), Giovinco(Parma)

Some interesting names there. Verratti, Goblin, Destro, Diamanti, Cigar and Schelo...

Gli Azzurri named 32man's for EURO :

Goalkeepers: Buffon (Juventus)' date=' De Sanctis

(Napoli), Sirigu (Paris St.

Germain), Viviano

(Palermo).

Defenders: Abate (Milan), Astori (Cagliari), Balzaretti

(Palermo), Barzagli

(Juventus), Bocchetti

(Rubin Kazan), Bonucci

(Juventus), Chiellini

(Juventus), Criscito (Zenit), Maggio

(Napoli), Ogbonna (Torino), Ranocchia (Inter)

Midfielders: Cigarini (Atalanta), De Rossi

(Roma), Diamanti

(Bologna), Giaccherini

(Juventus), Marchisio

(Juventus), Montolivo

(Fiorentina), Thiago Motta (Paris St. Germain),

Nocerino (Milan), Pirlo

(Juventus),Schelotto

(Atalanta), Verratti

(Pescara)

Forwards: Balotelli (Manchester City), Borini

(Roma), Cassano (Milan),

Destro (Siena), Di Natale

(Udinese), Giovinco(Parma)

Some interesting names there. Verratti, Goblin, Destro, Diamanti, Cigar and Schelo...[/quote']

Got to be trimmed down yet to 23. Why did Barzagli take the pen? Usual penalty taker or is he leaving and they giving him a send-off?

Got to be trimmed down yet to 23. Why did Barzagli take the pen? Usual penalty taker or is he leaving and they giving him a send-off?

Yeah, that's just the first list. Prandelli will trimmed it down to 23 later.

Just for fun i guess.

He isn't usual penalty taker (Vidal and Pirlo is the penalty taker), He isn't leaving, He just came in as subs replacing injured Chiello 2 minutes before the penalty.