Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Well it's half time at the San Paolo and we are deservedly 2-1 up after totally dominating the match so far. We would be 2-0 up and strolling if not for a De Sanctis howler :o

Dossena is having a stand out game so far and has been our best player by a mile, he's the last person i'd of imagined scoring both our goals in this game!

As for the scenario re: CL, it's not looking good as Udinese are 1-0 up, meaning Catania need to score two goals for us to qualify, if we see out our match. At least Lazio are losing to Inter but i kind of was expecting that anyway.

I suppose there's till 45 mins left to play, and today's Premiership finale showed it's never over until it's over :P

EDIT: Udinese have gone 2-0 up, i think it's safe to say there will be no CL football at the San Paolo next season...

Gli Azzurri named 32man's for EURO :

Goalkeepers: Buffon (Juventus)' date=' De Sanctis

(Napoli), Sirigu (Paris St.

Germain), Viviano

(Palermo).

Defenders: Abate (Milan), Astori (Cagliari), Balzaretti

(Palermo), Barzagli

(Juventus), Bocchetti

(Rubin Kazan), Bonucci

(Juventus), Chiellini

(Juventus), Criscito (Zenit), Maggio

(Napoli), Ogbonna (Torino), Ranocchia (Inter)

Midfielders: Cigarini (Atalanta), De Rossi

(Roma), Diamanti

(Bologna), Giaccherini

(Juventus), Marchisio

(Juventus), Montolivo

(Fiorentina), Thiago Motta (Paris St. Germain),

Nocerino (Milan), Pirlo

(Juventus),Schelotto

(Atalanta), Verratti

(Pescara)

Forwards: Balotelli (Manchester City), Borini

(Roma), Cassano (Milan),

Destro (Siena), Di Natale

(Udinese), Giovinco(Parma)

Some interesting names there. Verratti, Goblin, Destro, Diamanti, Cigar and Schelo...[/quote']

Marco Veratti? :eek: thats intriguing....

and Mattias Destro HAHA :D

Both on my team in a competitive game world :)

Well it's half time at the San Paolo and we are deservedly 2-1 up after totally dominating the match so far. We would be 2-0 up and strolling if not for a De Sanctis howler :o

Dossena is having a stand out game so far and has been our best player by a mile' date=' he's the last person i'd of imagined scoring both our goals in this game! [/b']

As for the scenario re: CL, it's not looking good as Udinese are 1-0 up, meaning Catania need to score two goals for us to qualify, if we see out our match. At least Lazio are losing to Inter but i kind of was expecting that anyway.

I suppose there's till 45 mins left to play, and today's Premiership finale showed it's never over until it's over :P

EDIT: Udinese have gone 2-0 up, i think it's safe to say there will be no CL football at the San Paolo next season...

Might have something to do with his link to Inter?

Also, Europa, not too bad. Still believe we'll keep our players and it's still in Europe, which Inter aren't which should give us an edge on Lavezzi.

Might have something to do with his link to Inter?

Also' date=' Europa, not too bad. Still believe we'll keep our players and it's still in Europe, which Inter aren't which should give us an edge on Lavezzi.[/quote']

Haha yeah or he's woken up to the fact it's almost contract-renewal time :P

Although i'm still pretty gutted we managed to blow it after being in control before Bologna, all in all it's been a great season what with the run in the Champions League. Not forgetting we also have a Coppa Italia final to look forward to next week which offers a great chance to end the season on a high!

That is a definite advantage although the PSG link has got me worried. I think this mercato will define where De La wants to take us, big clubs don't sell their best players and i believe we need to bring in four or five decent players to bolster the squad, but we can discuss that more after the CI.

FORZA NAPOLI!

Great season yall. :o Inter didnt have the best of seasons.

Legends have gone ( ADP,Nesta,Seedorf,Pippo,Gatusso),Juventus was an unbeaten team, an amazing race for the 3rd cl spot, and controversy with mr.Delio Rossi and Fiorentina( thank you to Kylan for all the updates) :)

Now get ready for Inter to revitalize thier whole sqaud ;) Ill post everytime theirs a rumour or move :D

Haha yeah or he's woken up to the fact it's almost contract-renewal time :P

Although i'm still pretty gutted we managed to blow it after being in control before Bologna' date=' all in all it's been a great season what with the run in the Champions League. Not forgetting we also have a Coppa Italia final to look forward to next week which offers a great chance to end the season on a high!

That is a definite advantage although the PSG link has got me worried. I think this mercato will define where De La wants to take us, big clubs don't sell their best players and i believe we need to bring in four or five decent players to bolster the squad, but we can discuss that more after the CI.

FORZA NAPOLI![/quote']

Agreed, I do know we're close to signing Sebastian Sosa for 2.5m with a good record of 9 in 19, with only 12 being starts. As much as I like how they're looking at youth, we need experience. Unless he'll actually get, I don't know, playing time.

Agreed' date=' I do know we're close to signing Sebastian Sosa for 2.5m with a good record of 9 in 19, with only 12 being starts. As much as I like how they're looking at youth, we need experience. Unless he'll actually get, I don't know, playing time.[/quote']

I read about that somewhere, he sounds like a great talent and hopefully he develops into the next Cavani! But i agree on the experience front, what do make of the Rossi link? Although he's out for a very long time, if we could get him for a cut price deal due to their relegation and his injury history, i think it would be worth it just for the sake of bulking up our attacking options.

Curva Fiesole.

Well yesterday, as I mentioned, concluded Viola's abysmal season. One that revolved around; under-performing players, poor decisions - both at upper management and coaching level, 2 very poor mercatto's, courtesy of Corvino, spotlight - Montolivo and the dramatics of a brawl which should have never ensued.

Naturally after such a season, which was hounded by constant jeers from tifosi, you know they would take there final howl at the match yesterday, which they most certainly did, wanting every player to know exactly what they thought of them.

The Curva Fiesole, whom if I may add, turned out very few in numbers, in fact the entire turn-out yesterday almost felt like the stands were empty, reportedly yelled 'clowns' and all-sorts at each Viola player, all but Behrami, who was cheered and rightfully so. Jovetic was not booed either, would not have been had he been at the match. JoJo and Behrami have been head and shoulders above the others.

To add to the jeers, all Franks took there parting shots at Andrea Della Valle, though were left infuriated as he had just about enough of the chants, left the match early. He stated he only left due to 'other appointments', but you could see the frustration on his face upon leaving.

With there last breath the Curva Fiesole also let Della Valle and the board know exactly what they thought of the much heated Ranieri rumours, saying 'We don't want Ranieri', a person who has in the past already managed Fiorentina.

I said after Mihaljovic's departure Ranieri would be my favourite to replace him, not Delio Rossi, with Gasperini my choice, though I don't have a massive quarrel with it, after all he did get Viola promoted and brought silverware to the club. I think tifosi quarrels are on more recently how he has managed and his style of football he promotes to a place where under Prandelli played stylistically like Arsenal at times, which still isn't forgotten to this date.

In other Viola news, the reason for why Camporese was not in the squad yesterday is because he's been ruled out for 2 months, not sure what the injury is revolved around.

Diavolo.

Bizarre rumours by Tuttomercatoweb, suggesting Ibra is looking to find a way out of Milan, for Manchester City, after he's not happy about the many changes that look set to happen around the squad in summer, plus the lingering talk of his rift with Allegri after the Arsenal match at the Emirates.

Lets just say if there is any remote chance of this being true, Galliani is a putano for Tevez, dare I say a little swapping action? But the question is, would City still be willing to let Tevez go? Galliani still so badly wants him, so we'll see.

Last but least...

Say it isn't so. Rat-tail gets the summer off.

Rodri-promesa-pedacito-Genoa-CFC_OLEIMA20120514_0067_25.jpg

I read about that somewhere' date=' he sounds like a great talent and hopefully he develops into the next Cavani! But i agree on the experience front, what do make of the Rossi link? Although he's out for a very long time, if we could get him for a cut price deal due to their relegation and his injury history, i think it would be worth it just for the sake of bulking up our attacking options.[/quote']

I'd love Rossi, he's a great player, was linked last summer and his agent said he'd move to Napoli. Any idea when he's coming back though?

I'd love Rossi' date=' he's a great player, was linked last summer and his agent said he'd move to Napoli. Any idea when he's coming back though?[/quote']

Hard to say, he re-injured his ACL in that training session, after being out for such a long time, it wasn't some new injury, so you'd think he's going to be even more careful into coming back the second time around. From what I've read it could be anywhere from between 6 to 10 months, depending on progress and such.

Good player, but as many a transfer has shown with buying damaged goods, it's sometimes a risk not worth taking. If the price is right, you can get his cheaper than expected as Joz has hinted at, he picks up where he left off, could be an amazing signing for your lot.

Is Rosi (87) of Roma a good buy? Do you think he has a small chance of rising at all

Hard to say. He's OK, is the best RB, Roma have at there disposal, I mean there only other option has been to play Taddei other than Rosi. I'd classify Rosi very much as an attacking RWB, as when Roma attack they slot back with 3 CBs , with Angel and Rosi/Taddei moving forward. He can track back quickly due to his pace, whilst his defensive presence, just like the majority of Roma players isn't great.

As of right now, I can't justify why he'd go to 88. Next season? Sure, if he keeps his place in the squad. I say "IF" mainly down to the forthcoming managerial change happening at Roma.

Luis Enrique has left whilst being the man who has lead, along with Balidni, 'Project Roma'. His stamp has been made on the squad, along with buys that would help compliment his managerial style of tiki-taka football, attempting to implement that in Italian football. Whether or not it's been successful is debatable. Are Roma better than last year? Yes, though I'd put that down more on the new blood bought in over a squad that remained untouched during the Sensi era.

Where am I going with this? Well say the new manager comes in, wishes to take this another direction, from what has been pushed on the players, a 4-3-3 system, would that not effect a player like Rosi, since he may not play that far up the park? I'd say only if Baldini opens up DiBenedetto's wallet, looks for another RB, who's more effective 2 ways, other than that I believe what the current crop of players have working for them is the squad is already very interchangeable, can suit quite a few styles.

Hope that's answered your question.

Chiello surely will missed out Coppa Italia final :(

“I’ll have my first tests tomorrow to find out the extent of the injury,” Chiellini stated on his Twitter account.

“I was a little worried at

the start, but I felt calmer in the evening even if I

unfortunately won’t be

able to play in the Cup Final.

“However, I’m optimistic

that I’ll make the European Championship. We’ll just have to wait a few more days to get a better understanding.”

Ah well, get well soon Keyser. Azzurri needs you...

Hard to say. He's OK' date=' is the best RB, Roma have at there disposal, I mean there only other option has been to play Taddei other than Rosi. I'd classify Rosi very much as an attacking RWB, as when Roma attack they slot back with 3 CBs , with Angel and Rosi/Taddei moving forward. He can track back quickly due to his pace, whilst his defensive presence, just like the majority of Roma players isn't great.

As of right now, I can't justify why he'd go to 88. Next season? Sure, if he keeps his place in the squad. I say "IF" mainly down to the forthcoming managerial change happening at Roma.

Luis Enrique has left whilst being the man who has lead, along with Balidni, 'Project Roma'. His stamp has been made on the squad, along with buys that would help compliment his managerial style of tiki-taka football, attempting to implement that in Italian football. Whether or not it's been successful is debatable. Are Roma better than last year? Yes, though I'd put that down more on the new blood bought in over a squad that remained untouched during the Sensi era.

Where am I going with this? Well say the new manager comes in, wishes to take this another direction, from what has been pushed on the players, a 4-3-3 system, would that not effect a player like Rosi, since he may not play that far up the park? I'd say only if Baldini opens up DiBenedetto's wallet, looks for another RB, who's more effective 2 ways, other than that I believe what the current crop of players have working for them is the squad is already very interchangeable, can suit quite a few styles.

Hope that's answered your question.[/quote']

Very helpful :) Thanks alot man

I'd love Rossi' date=' he's a great player, was linked last summer and his agent said he'd move to Napoli. Any idea when he's coming back though?[/quote']

As Kylan said, it's expected to be at the most a 10 month lay-off, which is huge. However, if he's brought in to add depth and not to replace anyone it is a gamble definitely worth taking. I've always admired Rossi and if he gets back to his old self we could potentially have a very dangerous attacking force!

Chiello surely will missed out Coppa Italia final :(

Ah well' date=' get well soon Keyser. Azzurri needs you...[/quote']

You never like to see this with the Euros quickly approaching. I really hope he gets fit for the tournament as that would be a massive blow for the Azzurri if he can't make it :(

As Kylan said' date=' it's expected to be at the most a 10 month lay-off, which is huge. However, if he's brought in to add depth and not to replace anyone it is a gamble definitely worth taking. I've always admired Rossi and if he gets back to his old self we could potentially have a very dangerous attacking force![/quote']

Very true, Rossi would be great and if he's fit mid-March then it'd be great to have an end of the season talented striker. However getting him in, does that mean we don't get another forward as well? Or do we give Sosa and Vargas some time (if we get Sosa) before Rossi comes in (if he also joins)?

Did you hear the boos towards Lavezzi after the game yesterday?

Very true' date=' Rossi would be great and if he's fit mid-March then it'd be great to have an end of the season talented striker. [b']However getting him in, does that mean we don't get another forward as well?[/b] Or do we give Sosa and Vargas some time (if we get Sosa) before Rossi comes in (if he also joins)?

Did you hear the boos towards Lavezzi after the game yesterday?

I sincerely hope not, because Rossi wouldn't be able to play until, as you say, around March time so we definitely need a another decent forward. Someone like Palacio would be absolutely ideal but it would depend if Genoa are willing to sell and at what price - Inter have also been heavily linked with him.

I think regardless of what happens over the summer Vargas desperately needs game time, it's criminal to see a talent like him rotting on the bench. Whether that involves a bigger role with us next season or a loan move to another Serie A club will probably hinge on whether Pocho stays. I was pretty annoyed that he didn't get a run out yesterday, i mean it was becoming apparent that we weren't going to get third so why not bring Vargas on instead of Zuniga?

I did hear them and i was disgusted in all honesty, what a way to encourage a star player to remain with the club, especially one that has given so much to the Partenopei rebuild :rolleyes:

I sincerely hope not' date=' because Rossi wouldn't be able to play until, as you say, around March time so we definitely need a another decent forward. Someone like Palacio would be absolutely ideal but it would depend if Genoa are willing to sell and at what price - Inter have also been heavily linked with him.

I think regardless of what happens over the summer Vargas desperately needs game time, it's criminal to see a talent like him rotting on the bench. Whether that involves a bigger role with us next season or a loan move to another Serie A club will probably hinge on whether Pocho stays. I was pretty annoyed that he didn't get a run out yesterday, i mean it was becoming apparent that we weren't going to get third so why not bring Vargas on instead of Zuniga?

[b']I did hear them and i was disgusted in all honesty, what a way to encourage a star player to remain with the club, especially one that has given so much to the Partenopei rebuild[/b] :rolleyes:

Ezequiel Lavezzi has published a brief note on his official website today responding to Napoli fans who booed him on Sunday night.

The previously popular attacker was whistled by sections of the San Paolo crowd during the Vesuviani’s win over Siena amid reports that he is in talks to join Inter in the summer.

Lavezzi, who has recently intimated that the rumours could be true, has taken to his own website to offer a response.

“We ended the season with a win at the San Paolo and now prepare for a historic final next Sunday, it is an important goal that could be a dream for us,” began the 27-year-old in a written note.

“Yesterday evening was a bit strange for me, but everyone is free to have their say and express their opinion. I respect all positions and I thank everyone.”

Agreed, I wouldn't boo him, even if he does end up leaving.

Inter are again favorites and have seemingly beaten Chelsea to the signing of Lucas Moura. Not exactly sure where he plays, but could this spell the end of Coutinho?

Forlan also claims he wants to stay at Inter, despite recent reports of him wanting out and a move to Brazil.

Inter have also invited Belhanda to Milan to have talks about a move.

Inter have also had talks with Adriano's agent to make a move for the Barcelona fullback with Barcelona offering 8m for Alba.

Bologna, Genoa and Siena are interested in 32 year old former Juventus midfielder Kapo.

Juventus are ready to offer Arsenal 30m and a 180k wage package for Van Persie who goes into talks with Arsenal's board Wednesday.

Galliani claims he's going to make a stronger attempt for Tevez, along with has contacted Perez for a move for Albiol.

That would be a huge move if Inter manage to bring in Lucas Moura, i've never watched him play so i'd love to see him in Serie A. As for his position, he's by all accounts a hybrid AM who can play on either flank in the mould of a player like Iniesta.

Mazzarri is also reportedly going to consider terminating his contract with us after the Coppa Italia, would you be sad to see him go Andrew?

That would be a huge move if Inter manage to bring in Lucas Moura' date=' i've never watched him play so i'd love to see him in Serie A. As for his position, he's by all accounts a hybrid AM who can play on either flank in the mould of a player like Iniesta.

Mazzarri is also reportedly going to consider terminating his contract with us after the Coppa Italia, would you be sad to see him go Andrew?[/quote']

Yes and no. For everything he's done as a manager for us, he's not tactically good enough to take us to the next step. However I hope we don't take a step backwards as I'd rather we fight for a CL spot under Mazzarri then make a move back.

Yes and no. For everything he's done as a manager for us' date=' he's not tactically good enough to take us to the next step. However I hope we don't take a step backwards as I'd rather we fight for a CL spot under Mazzarri then make a move back.[/quote']

Totally agree. What i don't like about him is the way he views youth, such as letting Vargas rot on the bench for most of the season, and his inability to adjust his tactics in-game not to mention his puzzling substitutions half the time! However as you say he's been responsible for us achieving regular European football and i wouldn't like to see that change.

Andrea Barzagli has extended his contract with Italian champions Juventus

until June 2015, according to Sky Sport Italia.

Finally, King Barza deserved it.

Take a look to the past, We signed him for €1M, The best centerback in Italy valued €1M :D

in the other case, we signed rubbish Uruguayan Jorge Martinez, for €12M. Ah well, Marotta biggest sin in the past.

Still about Juventus, Veratti has declared he would love join Juventus than other teams. Good one :)

Some of Juve talents from Primavera team, will starting their professional career as footballers in summer, they are Libertazzi, Magnusson (Dead ball killer), Ouasim Bouy, Chibsah, Untersee, Liviero and some others.

Good luck lads ;)

According to our transfer Guru, Juventus will sign Two strikers, one winger, one central midfield, one centerback.

Hopefully they are :

*RVP/Giroud/Palacio/Destro/Damiao/Giovinco/JoJo.

*JamesRodriguez/Gaitan/whoever is he.

*Asamoah/Nainggolan/Lodi/Meireles

*Astori/Dede/Acerbi/Bocchetti.

Viola.

Where to begin.

Ranieri

Ranieri has confirmed Viola contact - “For now, there has only been a small conversation with Fiorentina”, added, “I’ve received several offers, whatever I decide Florence will always be in my heart."

Quite a few sources in England saying one of the options on the table for Ranieri, other than the Fiorentina job, is the vacant spot at WBA.

What I wish to know above the above is if that contact was made prior to tifosi chants against Cagliari, of 'We don't want Ranieri.'

Guerini

Well his caretaker duties have been revoked, so naturally he should come out and have his last say on his Viola side, leaves us knowing all too well what many people to happen to this team, perhaps over-exaggerating a tad bit though.

"I do not think more than 4 players will stay. The team should be overhauled."

Ibarbo

Fiorentina who have recently been linked with Victor Ibarbo, may be pushed to move quick, after Sevilla have shown an interest.

I ask again though, no director, no manager, we're leaving it up to the Della Valle brothers to make signings, Viola will be in the same mess again. Get appointing!

Season ends on sad note

As expected on final day, the match being at the Franchi, nothing to play for, with survival already being sealed, it was more or less going to be a prosecution of all players by tifosi. Usually when that happens, in any league, fierce words and jeers are thrown out, however some cross the line.

Kharja has come out saying some tifosi (1 or 2 he says), dished out some racist abuse his way on Sunday, attacking his Moroccan background. Usually the Franchi hasn't been a place where racial profiling in this case has been an issue, unlike those Ultras in Turin, but still that's no defence, I'd expect the supporters to be banned.

La Vecchia Crapola

Oh boy...

RVP

Well it's that time of the year, transfers galore soon to take place but before the storm, comes the drama and swirling rumours.

La Stampa reports that Juventus have made an offer for Van Persie, worth €7.5m/year, for 4 years. They suggest Arsenal want a €25m fee, since the player would soon be out of contract in a year's time.

ADP10

Pirlo agrees with Del Piero in not retiring the #10 kit in Turin, stating it should be wanted to be worn by those who revel wish to follow in Del Piero's footsteps, warn as a symbol of greatness, similar to ManUtd's #7, oh wait, isn't Owen wearing that now. :D

“Young champions should be given the chance to dream about wearing that number.”

More on Del Piero, despite the much prolonged DP10 to MLS rumours, Corriere dello Sport, reports that a move to England could be on the table, with Spurs, QPR & Arsenal interested.

Jose Angel

Seems like this Angel is about to lose his halo, as after the Barca rumours have come out, he looks to follow his fellow Spaniard out of Rome, should an offer come to the plate. Not sure that's the wisest thing to say when you're in the capital. Tifosi are not exactly forgiving.

“It is pleasing to know that you are of interest to a team like Barcelona. They are one of the strongest teams in the world.

There was contact with Barcelona and Sporting Lisbon last summer, but no agreement was ever reached. You can’t say no to Barcelona.”

How to get your manager 101: Offer a player for him.

It’s rumoured Roma have offered Under-21 international Alessandro Crescenzi in exchange for Catania releasing Coach Vincenzo Montella.

The Giallorossi confirmed this week that he is top of their wish list to replace Luis Enrique, while the tactician admitted he has “a weakness” for the Olimpico club.

Catania are refusing to release Montella from his contract, so it’s reported Roma have offered Under-21 international defender Crescenzi to the Sicilians as part of the deal.

The player is currently on loan at Bari and would be handed to Catania in a co-ownership deal worth €2.5m.

That's pretty great.

Lazio go into talks with Palermo over Balzaretti.