Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

How to get your manager 101: Offer a player for him.

That's pretty great.

Haha, trust the board and Baldini, honestly.

What I'd rebuttal to that is, it's not exactly the greatest form of compensation, getting a player like Crescenzi, only to have the man who's been somewhat of a revelation in turning around your side, only for him to leave. In addition to that you then hear these impending threats that players who make Catania, the likes of; Spolli, Lodi and Gomez, all wish to follow Montella out the exit door too.

If I'm Pulvirenti, either give Roma the big old chin-flick, as the Giallorossi only have themselves to blame for parting ways with Monty before LE's appointment or direct the boards attention to there wealthy owner, DiBenedetto and ask for a blank cheque. Simples.

If worse comes to worse, Roma go after Zeman. He plays attractive football, what LE's system was calling for, but from what I've been told, Zeman's sides just can't defend all the same, so match made in heaven... no?

Some good news on the Napoli front.

There are reports in Uruguay that Sebastian Sosa is already in Italy to undergo a medical and sign for Napoli.

The 18-year-old Cerro Largo striker has been pinpointed as the new Ezequiel Lavezzi and is thought to be en route to Naples today.

He is accompanied by his father, former player Heberly Sosa, and Cerro Largo President Ernesto Dehl.

According to South American newspaper El Observador, the teenage forward is set to undergo a medical and sign a five-year contract.

Reported 2.5m for the talented forward. Hope it' true.

Roma and Madrid having talks about Gago, though can't agree on a fee. Madrid want 6m, Roma want to pay about half that.

Sadly, it's reportedly close that Napoli and PSG are going to agree on Lavezzi leaving. 31m for the player on a 5m a season contract. It'll be sad to see him go.

Some good news on the Napoli front.

Reported 2.5m for the talented forward. Hope it' true.

Roma and Madrid having talks about Gago' date=' though can't agree on a fee. Madrid want 6m, Roma want to pay about half that.

Sadly, it's reportedly close that Napoli and PSG are going to agree on Lavezzi leaving. 31m for the player on a 5m a season contract. It'll be sad to see him go.[/quote']

Really hope we seal the Sosa signing as he sounds like the real deal!

Yeah i fear that Pocho's departure is imminent, really sad as he's my favourite player for the Partenopei and has been symbolic of our revival. A lot of outsiders don't realise how much he means to Napoli. The only positive from the PSG deal is that he would be leaving Italy and for straight cash, rather than Inter trying to fob their rubbish onto us in an SM style deal :P

Pescara lose 2-0 to Livorno on 2 early goals to drop down to 2nd after Torino beats Sassuolo 3-0. Torino's 2 points off from automatic promotion' date=' while Pescara's 4.[/quote']

Two clubs i'd love to see in Serie A. Torino because they have a great history and it would be great to have the Derby della Mole back on a regular basis! Pescara because they play some lovely football under Zeman, and it would also mean Insigne could rejoin them for some Serie A experience. Both also have some great young talent i'd love to see in the top division.

Really hope we seal the Sosa signing as he sounds like the real deal!

Yeah i fear that Pocho's departure is imminent' date=' really sad as he's my favourite player for the Partenopei and has been symbolic of our revival. A lot of outsiders don't realise how much he means to Napoli. The only positive from the PSG deal is that he would be leaving Italy and for straight cash, rather than Inter trying to fob their rubbish onto us in an SM style deal :P.[/quote']

So, who do you want as a real replacement for Lavezzi, as we know Sosa's not going to do it.

I actually read that Juventus could offer us Gio' date=' Matri and De Ceglie for Cavani... I don't think Juventus will actually go for Cavani, but I'd much prefer Gio and cash for him.[/quote']

I have a horrible feeling that our squad is going to be pillaged over the summer, i don't think i could take losing Cavani and Lavezzi in the same transfer window!

I'm not liking all these P/E offers we are receiving for our stars, i don't mind when decent players like Gio are offered, but Matri and De Ceglie? No thanks :P

I have a horrible feeling that our squad is going to be pillaged over the summer' date=' i don't think i could take losing Cavani and Lavezzi in the same transfer window!

I'm not liking all these P/E offers we are receiving for our stars, i don't mind when decent players like Gio are offered, but Matri and De Ceglie? No thanks :P[/quote']

Unless, we can get Matri to his first half of the season form, he'd be useless. We've supposedly been tracking De Ceglie, though I'm guessing stupid rumour with Dossena linked away.

I actually read that Juventus could offer us Gio' date=' Matri and De Ceglie for Cavani... I don't think Juventus will actually go for Cavani, but I'd much prefer Gio and cash for him.[/quote']

I've heard these,

Not so sure Marotta will do that.

If he really do that, his offers must be Matri/Quag plus Krasic, not those players you've mentioned.

De Ceglie didn't even want move to average team anyway :)

I've heard these' date='

If he really do that, his offers must be Matri/Quag plus Krasic, not those players you've mentioned.

De Ceglie didn't even want move to average team anyway :)[/quote']

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if he did. As Giovinco is only half-Juventus and doesn't even play there, it'd be smart to sell your half plus a forward for one of the best strikers in Serie A. No thanks, don't want De Ceglie at our "average team".

Inter signed Guarin permanently, according to Guarin's agent.

Krasic is linked to a move to Lazio. Krasic wouldn't fit us. Sad as I do think he's a top talent.

Inter have first option for Destro, as Lavezzi's out of their reach.

Ambrosini signs a new contract at Milan.

Seems Juventus have dropped interest in Van Persie, which is where the Cavani rumours came about, when City showed real interest.

Montolivo has gone under a Milan medical.

Insigne could stay at Napoli next season if and when Lavezzi goes. Not a bad replacement at all. Especially if we sign another forward.

Lazio are also favorites to sign Berbatov.

I've heard these' date='

De Ceglie didn't even want move to [b']average team[/b] anyway :)

I'd love nothing more than for us to kick your arrogant asses from pillar to post in the Coppa Italia :P

By the way, De La would laugh you out the door if Marotta proposed that for one of the best strikers in Europe.

I'd love nothing more than for us to kick your arrogant asses from pillar to post in the Coppa Italia :P

By the way' date=' De La would laugh you out the door if Marotta proposed that for one of the best strikers in Europe.[/quote']

Aye, Napoli is easy to beat.

And I don't really cares what he want to proposed for Cavani. We've enough strikers to beat "big teams wannabe" like Napoli. :)

Aye' date=' Napoli is easy to beat.

And I don't really cares what he want to proposed for Cavani. We've enough strikers to beat "big teams wannabe" like Napoli. :)[/quote']

The trashtalking Pitung :o

You can trash talk for now but wait for Juves decline next year ;):D

Aye' date=' Napoli is easy to beat.

And I don't really cares what he want to proposed for Cavani. We've enough strikers to beat "big teams wannabe" like Napoli. :)[/quote']

Enough strikers, maybe, but your highest was... 10 coming from Matri. That's not exactly scary.

Simply put, your defense let in only 20 goals this whole season. Which won the trophy. Not your amazing strikers.

This question is not directly related to Serie A, but is indirectly relevant. :)

What is the likely starting lineup for Italy at the Euro's and what kind of formation and tactics would they possibly play? Are they also likely to change around the teams to match the kind of team (and how they play) for the different teams, or are they likely to stick to one type of style?

And who is the captain of Italy for the tournament?

This question is not directly related to Serie A' date=' but is indirectly relevant. :)

What is the likely starting lineup for Italy at the Euro's and what kind of formation and tactics would they possibly play? Are they also likely to change around the teams to match the kind of team (and how they play) for the different teams, or are they likely to stick to one type of style?

And who is the captain of Italy for the tournament?[/quote']

Not very versed on the Italian NT However Im sure others on this thread could help you :P

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2012/05/16/3106208/stramaccioni-lucas-lavezzi-would-fit-in-well-at-inter

^Stramaccioni says that Lucas and Lavezzi would fit in at Inter!

Casnos the 18 year old dutch striker compared to Henry for Inter is set to go on a loan move. I hope Inter has more patience for its youngsters. My heart feels sad to have seen Destro,Santon, and Balo leave Inter.

Howver, Destro may come back to Inter as it seems.

Hopefully,Stram ,former Inter youth team coach can understand our young players

Enough strikers' date=' maybe, but your highest was... 10 coming from Matri. That's not exactly scary.

Simply put, your defense let in only 20 goals this whole season. Which won the trophy. Not your amazing strikers.[/quote']

I never say UnbeatenJuve's strikers was amazing, I'm just saying, with the strikers we've now, is enough to beat half-decent teams like Napoli.

And we don't really need amazing strikers to won Coppa Italia this weekend.. :)

Not very versed on the Italian NT However Im sure others on this thread could help you :P

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2012/05/16/3106208/stramaccioni-lucas-lavezzi-would-fit-in-well-at-inter

^Stramaccioni says that Lucas and Lavezzi would fit in at Inter!

Casnos the 18 year old dutch striker compared to Henry for Inter is set to go on a loan move. I hope Inter has more patience for its youngsters. My heart feels sad to have seen Destro' date='Santon, and Balo leave Inter.

Howver, Destro may come back to Inter as it seems.

Hopefully,Stram ,former Inter youth team coach can understand our young players[/quote']

Lavezzi would fit into any team. But it's a nice try. :rolleyes:;)