Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Oh.... Leonardo claims PSG haven't made a bid yet' date=' Inter might bring that 0% chance to 5% chance if Moratti grew a brain and knew how to offer a valid bid. ;)[/quote']

LOL! ;)

btw is Pato still rumoured to go to PSG or have talks gone down?

Lucio’s agent has revealed “it’s time to make a change, so we put in a transfer request and Inter have agreed.”

The Brazilian defender was a key figure in the Treble campaign, but has struggled this season.

“He had three excellent years at Inter and feels it’s time to make a change,” agent Sandro Becker told Brazilian side Lancenet.

“We have been working on this since last week and resumed talks on Wednesday. We put in a transfer request and Inter have agreed. Now we have to find him a new club.

“Considering the man he is and the player he is, Lucio only leaves friends behind everywhere he goes. The decision to leave came from us, but Inter understood it. This has been entirely amicable.

“He still has two years left on his contract and we know Lucio has a market value. If we find a new club, then we will talk it over and reach an agreement.

“His preference would be to play in a big European League, but you never know. There are also many clubs interested in Brazil and Lucio knows the World Cup will be here in 2014. We don’t know what his future holds.”

I hope Inter start Ranocchia, so they can stay out of Europe where they belong.

I remember there being loads of hype when he and Bonucci were at Bari. How come hes so bad now? (I dont watch Serie A that much).

I remmber too :P He was supposed to be italys newest best defender :D

I think that hes slow and prone to mistakes. I hope he gets better though as it seems Samuel and Lucio are getting way too old!

Things are looking up!

De La has reportedly said that we are going to make 4 big signings over the summer, or 5 if Pocho leaves. I'd probably want 2 CBs, CM and a new LWB. Bocchetti, Astori, Asamoah and Michel Bastos would be superb, whether those are realistic or not i don't know but you can dream! If we can keep Pocho and Cavani and sign 4 quality additions i think we could be really dangerous next season, and possibly even challenge for the Scudetto.

Also happy to see we are being linked with Palacio (sorry if you've already posted this Andrew)

Napoli will look to sign Rodrigo Palacio from Genoa this summer should they sell Ezequiel Lavezzi.

The latter is being linked with an exit as clubs such as Inter and Paris Saint-Germain are interested in his signature.

The Azzurri are ready to sell the forward if he asks for a move and they are already working on finding a replacement.

According to the Corriere dello Sport, contact has been made between Napoli chief Aurelio De Laurentiis and Genoa counterpart Enrico Preziosi.

Talks will continue next week, but the report adds that Genoa’s elevated asking price for the 30-year-old may be a problem.

Palacio scored 19 goals in 32 League games this term as the Rossoblu ensured safety on the last day of the campaign.

I'd love us to sign him as cover up front but i'd hope we would aim higher when looking for a replacement for Pocho if he leaves. Mind you it seems Genoa are asking silly money for him and i trust De La not to overpay for a 30 year old.

This question is not directly related to Serie A' date=' but is indirectly relevant. :)

What is the likely starting lineup for Italy at the Euro's and what kind of formation and tactics would they possibly play? Are they also likely to change around the teams to match the kind of team (and how they play) for the different teams, or are they likely to stick to one type of style?

And who is the captain of Italy for the tournament?[/quote']

They are using 4-3-1-2 in most of the match.

Here is probably their starting lineup.

GK-Gigi

RB-Maggio

CB-Barzagli

CB-Chiello

LB-Criscito

CM-DeRo/T.Motta/Noce

CM-Pirlo

CM-Marchisio/Livo

Treq-Livo/Cassano/Gio

Fwd-DiNa/Balo

Fwd-Cassano/Gio

They likely, stick with one type tactics.

Gigi is the captain anyway.

LOL! ;)

btw is Pato still rumoured to go to PSG or have talks gone down?

Both Leonardo and CA have still hinted a how much they rate Pato' date=' how well he'd fit in their system, so I'd say the possibility of a move to Paris could still be on the cards, though PSG would do well to steer far away from this one.

[b']Destro.[/b]

“I have no preference and I swear that I do not know where I will be playing next term. I’m keeping my feet on the ground. A return to Inter? They’re a great team and I would have no revenge on my mind."

Purple is a good colour, no? Looking at Viola's dropped standards I think that may fall into the category of being unrealistic, then again, people were stunned with Batigol chose Florence as his destination.

Little Gio.

D'Amico's working hard as usual, shopping the little guy around, has confirmed Manchester City have made an enquiry about Giovinco.

Seriously, City don't need him, Gio would be better off elsewhere, where he'd be starting every week.

Viola.

Ranieri.

Seems like there could be some hesitation from the old man when it comes to Fiorentina, as I expected, perhaps a too big of a job to be done, which the Tinkerman can't take on at his 'careful' age. "It fascinates me, but there is much to change."

Zeman - Insigne?

Insigne's agent has spoken about if Zeman went to Fiorentina, there is chance that Insigne, who has become rather fond of Zeman at Pescara, could be willing to follow - "He'd make the league, and if Zeman had to go to Fiorentina, he would follow him gladly."

Listen, I do rate Insigne, yet in no way should one player's agent of all things hinting at that player following another manager should make precedent in the deciding factors the Della Valle brothers should take into account. This is all assuming Napoli would even allow this is in the first place.

Dunga.

Speaking of the managerial vacancy in Firenze, the latest rounds of who Fiorentina are considering for the manager position, now has Carlos Dunga's name fluttering around. No thanks.

So' date=' who do you want as a real replacement for Lavezzi, as we know Sosa's not going to do it.[/quote']
I'd love us to sign Gio' date=' but not for 40m euros![/quote']

I know talk might die down, well, for now, after reading Leonardo has stated no contact has even been made for Lavezzi, but have either of you considered, Alejandro Gomez as a possible replacement, if El Pocho leaves?

Personally I think he ticks quite a lot of the boxes when it comes to similar style of play, pace and skill in comparison to Lavezzi, not to mention he is young, has had a cracking year with Catania, which has seen him linked with quite a few teams now.

You have quite a few alternative options with him too, be it playing him out wide in the current formation, or perhaps in a 2 up-top, as the second striker, if Mazzari wants to get kinky.

Would be a formidable signing, quite underrated at this moment, waiting to make an even bigger splash. It's a signing I would carefully think about making were I DeLa, or any other Director for that matter.

Things are looking up!

De La has reportedly said that we are going to make 4 big signings over the summer' date=' or 5 if Pocho leaves. I'd probably want 2 CBs, CM and a new LWB. Bocchetti, Astori, Asamoah and Michel Bastos would be superb, whether those are realistic or not i don't know but you can dream! If we can keep Pocho and Cavani and sign 4 quality additions i think we could be really dangerous next season, and possibly even challenge for the Scudetto. [/quote']

From what I read, we've contacted Palermo over Silvestre. Wouldn't be a bad signing at all.

According to this, we lost out on Sosa, from under our noses. Which would suck.

Palermo have announced they have signed striker Sebastian Sosa from Uruguayan side Cerro Largo.

The Renzo Barbera outfit are well known for their habit of wrapping up transfer deals even before the official start of a transfer window and they have already announced two signings for the upcoming season.

Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini has revealed the club have completed the signings of Paulo Dybala and Sebastian Sosa.

“We have signed Dybala, who is the new Aguero and is now ready for our championship, and yesterday we closed the deal for Sebastian Sosa, a Uruguayan striker similar to Cavani,” Zamparini told Radio Radio.

Palermo have done brilliantly to lure the two players to Renzo Barbera, seeing they were also followed by top European clubs.

Paulo Dybala is an 18-year-old striker who has scored 17 goals in 32 league games for Argentine second division club Instituto and he is regarded as one of the hottest prospects in South America.

Sebastian Sosa is Uruguay Under-20 international and he arrives from Cerro Largo. The 18-year-old forward has bagged 9 goals in 20 league games in his first ever professional season.

Not sure if I do believe it though. As we all know of the Dybala fiasco.

Also, Lazio lose Reja, officially.

Lazio are looking for a new Coach after Edy Reja confirmed that he has decided to leave the Stadio Olimpico outfit.

An exit was expected given that Reja unsuccessfully tried to quit twice this season and he has announced his departure this afternoon.

“My Lazio adventure is over,” he told Citta Celeste. “President Claudio Lotito has given me support and he asked me to stay.

“Even after I said no, he told me to take a week to reflect on the situation. However, I have made my decision and I won’t change my mind.”

Reja had turned Lazio into a side who challenged for Champions League qualification over the last two seasons, but they just missed out on both occasions.

“Had we qualified for the Champions League then my considerations would have been different,” he continued.

“We struggled with injuries this season, while the January transfer campaign didn’t go well. I was left without four, five or six first team players because of the negotiations.”

The former Napoli boss also suggested that the immense pressure of the Italian capital was also behind his decision.

“There is a negative environment in Rome,” he added. “There is just criticism. It hurts when people think that two fourth place finishes are not worth anything.

“My successor? I don’t know who will arrive after me.”

Chelsea boss Roberto Di Matteo and former West Ham tactician Gianfranco Zola are already in the frame.

Reja arrived at Lazio in February 2010 as a replacement for Davide Ballardini.

Small shout for Fiorentina, possibly?

Juventus in talks with Madrid for Higuain.

Milan join the race for Vertonghen.

Roma, in talks with Musacchio, are also tracking Rolando.

Benfica are in talks with a move for Elia.

City are still tracking Chiellini, no real surprise there.

Juventus are still in the race to sign Destro.

Genoa and Fiorentina are tracking Parolo.

Inter want Palacio.

Juventus are going into their final meeting with Udinese and Asamoah about a move.

Ajax are favorites to sign Chivu.

Lazio are close to signing Breno.

Inter are trying to beat City, who have pre-agreement with Le Havre to sign Jules Olivier Ntcham.

Mostly just ifs/tracking and so on.

Small shout for Fiorentina' date=' possibly?[/quote']

I'd rather not. Florence has been through quite a few theatrics this year, last thing that would be called for is a drama queen. Good manager, just an odd/misunderstood fellow.

At this point seems as if the main rumoured-to-be-names in the pot would be; Ranieri, Dunga and Rafa. Names like Gasp, Reja, Zeman seem to be on the outside at this point, going off the media.

El Pocho - PSG... again...

Sure Joz and NF101 will get sick of seeing these headlines but it's back on again, Lavezzi - PSG.

According to Sky Italia, PSG have made a bid of €23m + bonuses for Lavezzi. Before it was rumoured to be that PSG had offered €31m, supposedly his buy-out, so this is lower than expected.

Guess we'll see soon enough if this is true, as just recently Leonardo refuted claims of that €31m bid, saying they have yet to make contact, but now Sky Italia is saying talks have begun. Time will tell.

Were I DeLa, I would shove that €23m offer right back at PSG and demand for more. Money is no obstacle for the wealth of PSG, so pay up or bugger off.

Michael Owen, from Red Devil to il Diavolo?

Bizarre rumour going around, Milan could be prepared to offer Michael Owen a contract, after leaving ManUtd, due his contract being up and that he's now available on a free.

Harry Redknapp syndrome spreading through Milano? I know Galliani is really trying to balance the books, in particular with player wages so they get in a few key signings this window, so never say never, and for what it's worth, Owen's goal-rate still leads onto a positive, being injury prone is another matter though.

B.S Roma VS Catania.

Seems Roma's plans to steal Montella from under Pulvirenti could be starting to take a toil on the old boy, who's basically come out admitting defeat, hints at who he could take on to replace L'Aeroplanino.

"The Coach wants to make a run for it. You can’t stop the wind.

I still haven’t considered anyone, saying that, Delio Rossi is a serious guy who can coach anyone.”

Keep in mind Delio Rossi has a 3 month ban.

Viola.

Director, where fort art thou!?

So, if anyone's been following this, you'd know I've been saying for some time, that's it's only a matter of time before Oriali, part of the Inter backroom staff once, before being pushed out the back-door due to politics, was due to be named Fiorentina's new Sporting Director, with Corvino leaving. Alas, sadly this is not the case.

After a meeting with the Della Valle brothers, things have hit a snag, the plans of Della Valle's don't coincide with Oriali's.

"After several meetings, unfortunately we have not agreed on the technical aspects of the project I was asked.

With regret I will not be a new leader of the Florentine."

For me this is a major blow, getting Oriali would have been so key, a massive coup, especially when heading for a rebuild, in the same manner he went through at Inter.

It's rumoured that one key thing Oriali wasn't pleased with the Della Valle's was in picking a new manager, and how he would have very little say on the matter, which he has every right to be annoyed at, after all at the end of the day, it's going to be the Director and the Manager working together.

I just don't get what the Della Valle's are aiming for. Now we wait some more.

Gamberini.

Newspaper, The Nation, has suggested with Gamberini's contract running out in 2013, Fiorentina are expected to offer a 'renew or leave' proposal, meaning, take this offer, or we'll release you at present.

Rather absurd really, whilst Gamberini hasn't come off his best season, you could say that to every Viola player, barring JoJo, Behrami and Boruc. Gamberini in my eyes still has a part to play in the squad, now and in the future, perhaps another 3-5 yrs, so risking the chance of losing to him a contract which somewhat is blackmail, 'do this, or get out', is stupid on many a level, IF true.

Sure Joz and NF101 will get sick of seeing these headlines but it's back on again' date=' Lavezzi - PSG.

According to Sky Italia, PSG have made a bid of €23m + bonuses for Lavezzi. Before it was rumoured to be that PSG had offered €31m, supposedly his buy-out, so this is lower than expected.

Guess we'll see soon enough if this is true, as just recently Leonardo refuted claims of that €31m bid, saying they have yet to make contact, but now Sky Italia is saying talks have begun. Time will tell.

Were I DeLa, I would shove that €23m offer right back at PSG and demand for more. Money is no obstacle for the wealth of PSG, so pay up or bugger off.

[/quote']

Not so much sick of it, as I expected it after no CL as he is our star player, however 23m + bonuses is an absolute joke of a bid. Should easily be shoved in their face.

Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti has declared that his side will not pay big money to sign Napoli striker Ezequiel Lavezzi.

The Argentine attacker has been strongly linked with a new challenge in the off-season, with the San Siro club understood to be one of the sides vying for his services.

Moratti has admitted that he is looking to take Lavezzi to Inter, but only at a reasonable price.

"Right now I think that for this transfer to happen, negotiations will have to be handled very calmly and always considering the financial side," he told Solo Inter.

Meanwhile, Juventus are reportedly weighing up whether they will add a third star to their shirts to celebrate the 2011-12 Scudetto in what would be their 30th league 'title'.

However, following the recent Calciopoli scandal, official records now say they have won just 28 league crowns, and Moratti has said that he is against the idea of Juve claiming the feat.

"I think that if Juventus add a third star, it will be a fantasy, because every club will be able to do what they want," he said.

The Inter supremo also commented on Wesley Sneijder's situation, stating the Dutchman is a key part of the team.

"We consider Sneijder to be a central part of what Inter's future could be, so there is no problem with him," Moratti said.

Even Soccerway make awful titles. "Lavezzi not worth plenty, says Moratti"

Nowhere in there does he say he's not worth the money. He mentions they have to watch their finances, but after 11m on Guarin, they'll no doubt be looking at a defender to replace Lucio and probably more, 32m on 1 player is a bit much.

I want Doumbia, but he basically ruled us out.

Seydou Doumbia has revealed he is hoping to seal a move to Italy, Spain or England this summer.

The Ivory Coast international finished as top-scorer in the Russian top flight with 28 goals for CKSA Moscow.

Speaking to the Italian media, he confirmed he was now ready to move on.

Asked if he would be ready for Serie A, he told Corriere dello Sport: "Yes, more than ready.

"And I'd also be willing to go to Spain or to England, the top leagues. I'd certainly be taking a leap forward in my career.

"I want to play in the Champions League, that's the competition that fascinates me.

"I'm disappointed because CSKA did not qualify."

He suggested he wanted to join a club in the Champions League.

"It's useless to go to a club that is playing in the Champions League one year and not participating in European competition the next."

Not fully, as we are in Europe, but not in the CL. If we did get him though, no doubt we could make it back in though.

I'd rather not. Florence has been through quite a few theatrics this year' date=' last thing that would be called for is a drama queen. Good manager, just an odd/misunderstood fellow.

At this point seems as if the main rumoured-to-be-names in the pot would be; Ranieri, Dunga and Rafa. Names like Gasp, Reja, Zeman seem to be on the outside at this point, going off the media.[/quote']

Easy link, no quotes, but it looks like Reja was/could be approached soon.

Now that he has made his split from Lazio official, Edy Reja is being heavily linked with the Fiorentina bench, but fans call for Zdenek Zeman.

The Viola went through three tacticians this season, firing Sinisa Mihajlovic and Delio Rossi before promoting team director Vincenzo Guerini as caretaker manager.

Numerous bosses have been linked with the job, including Carlos Dunga and Claudio Ranieri.

According to TMW this evening, Reja is the latest Coach to be approached for the position.

He is now a free agent, having decided to walk away from Lazio at the end of this season.

However, Fiorentina fans hung a large banner outside the training ground today with the message: ‘Andrea give us a dream: Zdenek Zeman!’

This is not the first time that supporters have asked President Andrea Della Valle for the Pescara Coach.

I can't see Zeman leaving Pescara if they get promoted (don't want him leaving as he'd definitely take Insigne for a season in Serie A).

Gago agrees terms with Roma.

Moussa Sissoko is the next midfielder on Roma's list, and is just waiting for the call and bid to be made as it seems he really wants to join Roma.

Back on Doumbia, he wouldn't say no to joining Roma, so no doubt he wouldn't say no to us. Though we're not linked, but would absolutely love him to join.

Gattuso, giving up on Rangers, is in talks with a move to Fulham. Imagine Fulham having Diarra and Gattuso. I wouldn't wanna play against that, unless I was Toure. I know, EPL talk, but legend, so what can you do.

Roma are also lining up a bid for Dempsey. They don't even have a manager... I'm guessing Montella is quite close.

Milan, not looking at Aquilani anymore, are in talks with Strootman over a move.

City are tracking Ibra, though after his comments that he hasn't played his last game at Milan, it's doubtful.

With Montella wanting to leave Catania, they're linked with... Delio Rossi. Oh how they will fall... Poor Catania, they were pretty fun to watch.

Elkeson is a target of Juventus, who has offered about 4m, where Botofogo want at least 7m for the player.

Piolo signs on with Bologna till 2014, hopefully they get off to a good start this time, could be an interesting dark horse for Europe, though Ramirez is close to gone.

I can't see Zeman leaving Pescara if they get promoted (don't want him leaving as he'd definitely take Insigne for a season in Serie A).

It's an appointment I don't really have a problem with' date=' should it happen. Zeman does have Pescara playing some great attacking football, which would really help pick up Viola in that aspect, where Prandelli left off, as neither Mihajlovic or Delio Rossi were successful in mimicking that. Also as shown, he has a great deal of knowledge and enthusiasm for working with youth, which would bode well in a rebuilding side.

The only problem arises in;

[i']1)[/i] Luring Zeman, a man very in-demand, from Pescara, as you say, a team vying for promotion, which leaves even me very sceptical of it not being possible.

2) Regardless of Zeman's attacking prowess to the sides he brings, can't say the same defensively speaking (from what I've heard), which is the weakest aspect of his managerial game. With this current crop of Viola defenders, it's an area where improvement is vastly needed.

3) The Della Valle brothers. Lord knows what these fools are telling the managers they are pursuing, along with what they said to Oriali of there 'grand plans' which lit a red light his head, so as to turn time put in to numerous meetings to rest, and say no to the job. Which now prolongs the appointment of a new Director into more time being used.

4) With the squad at current it's fair to say it doesn't even posses the attacking prowess, nor creativity, other than through JoJo, and mildly Cerci, that could suggest Zeman would be able to work his magic as he has done around players like Insigne, Verratti and Caprari, though in a lesser league. So funds being assured to be ready will be another matter, which is one area I can't see being a major problem, but the amount, that's another thing.

I'll still remain firm that Gasperini is my favourite candidate, though any thoughts of bringing his beloved 3-4-3 here will be shunned for the most part. It just doesn't mesh well with this current squad, a 3 at the back.

Lotito is absolute class:

Lazio President Claudio Lotito has written an open letter to Edy Reja after the Coach walked away. “Our doors will always be open for you.”

The tactician had already offered his resignation in February, but was convinced to stay until the end of the season.

“Dear Coach, although respecting your decision to cease your collaboration with Lazio, I cannot help but represent the sincere disappointment with which I personally, the club and the players took the news,” wrote Lotito.

“Your management has taken this team to important results over the last two years and you had the merit of creating a solid and coherent ‘group,’ thanks to the character you gave them.

“You also had the necessary strength to overcome at times harsh criticism, inspiring security and calm in the Lazio camp, which were necessary to achieve these results.

“Lazio are grateful for all you have done and the teachings I will treasure. I want you to know that the doors of Formello will always be open for you, in the certainty this group will remain in your heart as a symbol of one of the greatest moments of your career.

“With affection and respect, Claudio Lotito.”

Napoli squad: De Sanctis, Rosati, Colombo, Aronica, Britos, Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Fernandez, Fideleff, Grava, Dossena, Dzemaili, Hamsik, Inler, Maggio, Zuniga, Cavani, Lavezzi, Pandev, Vargas, Ammendola

Copa Italia squad. Gargano is going to be a huge miss as he's suspended and Juventus midfield will no doubt now overrun us. Cannavaro is also a doubt, but named anyways. Lavezzi is most likely going to start, which is big news. I'd also prefer Zuniga to Dossena starting on the left. I think this really does show we lack central midfielders. With Gargano gone, all we have is Dzemaili as Hamsik looks useless there. Nor can I see Ammendola actually playing.

Copa Italia squad. Gargano is going to be a huge miss as he's suspended and Juventus midfield will no doubt now overrun us. Cannavaro is also a doubt' date=' but named anyways. Lavezzi is most likely going to start, which is big news. I'd also prefer Zuniga to Dossena starting on the left. I think this really does show we lack central midfielders. With Gargano gone, all we have is Dzemaili as Hamsik looks useless there. Nor can I see Ammendola actually playing.[/quote']

Totally agree. Despite Dossena's amazing performance last time out we both know that was his first and last of the season lol - Zuniga is much more of a threat. Yeah our midfield is anaemic and i think it's a formality that their midfield will dominate, we just need to sit tight and hope our front men do the business on the counter as chances will present themselves.

Sure Joz and NF101 will get sick of seeing these headlines but it's back on again' date=' Lavezzi - PSG.

Were I DeLa, I would shove that €23m offer right back at PSG and demand for more. Money is no obstacle for the wealth of PSG, so pay up or bugger off.[/quote']

Not sick but bored to be fair, it's been back and forth between Inter and PSG for what seems like a lifetime now, i wouldn't mind if they were decent bids! As for the offer PSG are becoming as bad as Inter, they know where they can stick that pathetic offer :rolleyes:

According to this' date=' we lost out on Sosa, from under our noses. Which would suck.[/quote']

Please no....

Juventus squad list for Coppa Italia final tomorrow :

1 Buffon

4 Caceres

7 Pepe

8 Marchisio

10 Del Piero

13 Manninger

14 Vucinic

15 Barzagli

18 Quagliarella

19 Bonucci

20 Padoin

21 Pirlo

22 Vidal

23 Borriello

24 Giaccherini

26 Lichtsteiner

28 Estigarribia

30 Storari

32 Matri

34 Marrone

Absents : Chiello, Paolino (injury), Mysterious Dutchman, Grosso and Krasic.