Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Juventus squad list for Coppa Italia final.

Ah' date=' a squad which has 'defeat' written all over it. I shall weep for you good sir. :)

[b']Giovinco.[/b]

I have to ask, why are Fulham asking about Giovinco!? They are truly asking for someone out of their league, someone bigger clubs are after. They stand zero chance.

Thiago Silva.

Galliani on Silva - “We must resist a genuine siege for Thiago Silva, as a queue of European clubs are ready to go crazy for the Brazilian.”

Asamoah.

Gazzetta dello Sport - Siena have received a bid for Kwadwo Asamoah, from Manchester United, but have turned down the €12m offer.' There is also reportedly another 2 or 3 big teams interested.

Viola.

Zeman?

Zeman looks to be a certain no go now, if latest rumours are true, as according to TuttoB.com, both Pescara & Zeman have come to an agreement on a contract extension, thus ruling a possible move to Viola. On to the next one...

JoJo.

Seeing as the summer mercatto is upon us, it's only natural the rumours will start to float about on Jovetic's current status in Firenze. Never thought I'd say this about Viola, mainly due to him now being a big fish in a small pond.

Roma?

Baldini and Sabatini have been rumoured to make contact with Viola over possible talks of a JoJo deal. Please no...

Juventus?

Other rumours suggest that Juventus will look to buy-out Parma's 50% share (which could be a lengthy negotiation process) of Giovinco, then look to swap the player for either, Cavani or JoJo. Absurd? Yes. Possible? I really don't think so.

Juventus will have a special patch commemorating

Alessandro Del Piero’s final game for the club in the Coppa Italia Final

tomorrow night.

The captain is set to make his last appearance in the Bianconeri shirt almost 19 years after his debut against Foggia. To mark the occasion, the

Juve players will have a

special patch sewn on to

their jerseys in Sunday

night’s Coppa Italia clash

with Napoli.

The patch includes the

dates of his first and last

games, 12 September 1993 – May 20 2012, plus the phrase “One love.”

Alessandro Del Piero, 19 years, One love.

Regarding some news popping up in the last 3 days about "Conte involved in another "match-fixing", looks like alot of peoples trying (again) to "Destroying Juve's mentality".

Really, Conte agreeing his team (Siena) to lose against Novara ?! :confused: The man who named his daugther "Vittoria", agreeing to lose for money ?! What a ******* bad joke ! :eek:

Also former Siena goalie, Coppola, has stated that Conte never saying to his players in Siena to let the opponents won. :)

Everything is gonna be alright...

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/18052012/58/serie-conte-knew-match-fixing.html

Ban him' date=' ban him, ban him.[/quote']

Can't see anything happening for now. About a month ago those claims came out about Conte, made by Carobbio, which Conte heavily denied, so at this point, it's very much he-said, she-said, in the hearing process.

I'm sure most Juventini will go off on one and state it's another case of the FIGC and others 'going after them', thus there countless conspiracies of Calcio Poli, oh sorry, Farcio Poli.

I think this is a different situation though, as it's being suggested whether or not he had a hand in Siena's match-fixing, during his time in Serie B, whereby they already had secured promotion, so it does sound odd.

At this point I'm very much of the opinion there's not much in it, if it turns out be the truth, cue the storm. Calcio scommesse itself is a weird one.

Firstly congrats to those bum bandits, Torino, for achieving promotion to Serie A. I'm sure Ahmad is overjoyed as can be, would be even more if Del Piero was to join il grande Toro next season.

Lavezzi.

Not so much anything on an offer, but conversation from Pastore, after all it's only natural others will start to have their say on the matter.

"I would love to welcome him here. It has the ideal profile to strengthen our team. It 's the kind of complete player and fast, but it is also a man who knows cementing the locker room with his determination and his personality."

Milan.

Seeing as it's summer, another mercatto upon us, cue once again the Ganso - Milan love affair.

Corriere dello Sport reports that Santos would be prepared to release Ganso for around €20m, or either in a swap for Robinho.

Pato's agent, Veloz on latest Corinthians interest;

“Corinthians are a great team. We will wait to see how the situation evolves and let the player prepare for the Olympics in London, then we’ll decide what to do.”

Galliani has a different say on the matter though;

“Milan will not negotiate for Pato on a loan deal or a permanent transfer."

Udine - Asamoah

La Gazzetta dello Sport, days after Manchester United's rejected bid for Asamoah are now saying Juventus have made a formal bid. "The Bianconeri would offer cash, plus co-ownership of both Michele Pazienza and Luca Marrone."

Montella

More news swirling on whole Monty saga. Rumours are about that despite Pulvirenti insistence in holding onto him, after all he is under contract till 2013, there is a set €2.5m release clause in Montella's contract. Basically, you want him Roma, pay up.

Viola.

Rumors...

Sky Sport 24 - Di Gennaro has become a Viola target after his impressive loan spell at Modena. The club would like him on loan/ownership.

Itasportpress - Fiorentina are interested in midfielder Hugo Viana, of Sporting Braga. The price asked would be around €7.5m.

Coppa Italia

Let Napoli win. That is all.

I saw you say about you hoping Zeman staying as he'd take Insigne at Pescara but the way things look, I bet he'll be starting next season but for Napoli. :D

Seriously...I really hope Napoli dont sell Cavani and Lavezzi or if they do at least invest wisely because I like them a hell of a lot more than Juve and Inter.

Been watching Pescara - Samp, the Delfini have just gone up 2-0 now, Immobile with his 28th goal of the season. Bizarre play by Samp; the CB played the back to Romero, who just didn't have a half a clue, scuppered the ball, which lead to the Immobile goal.

Caprari got Pescara's first goal with a bit of nifty vision by Verratti.

Would love to see Pozzi on the scoresheet.

Only about 35 mins gone now, but Pescara are that much closer in stamping there ticket to the top flight.

EDIT:

Haha, I was saying I'd love to see Pozzi get one, right at the end of the half, off a lovely ball from Foggia and Pozzi uses his awareness to touch the ball around the GK, gets taken down. Referee awards penalty. On a second look of the replay, looks at if Pozzi leaned into the GK, basically diving. Anyway, justice is served really, he does a stutter step run-up, hits the post, misses.

Still 2-0 at the half for Pescara.

EDIT #2:

GAHHH!!!! C'mon Nicola, what do you have to do to score one! Another Pozzi chance wasted.

What does that lead to? A quick counter by Pescara, lead by Caprari, a lovely run and a great cross to Immobile, far post, gets a head on it, it either hit the bar or was just tipped over. Still 2-0.

EDIT #3:

HOLY CHAMAKH! Insigne takes on about 4 Samp players, dribbles around all of them, forces Romero to make a cracking save. Pescara are doing a number in to Sampdoria.

EDIT #4:

GOAL! Caprari with his second of the day. Baldini must be sat there smiling. Goal set up by Insigne.

Important to note, or not, guess who's at the match, in the stand, Mr. Roberto Mancini. Run for the hills!

So that's now 3-0, surely this seals it for Pescara. They look like they are going to score more.

EDIT #5:

Goal Samp. 3-1, Pescara. Samp get one finally, it's not Pozzi, so I could care less at this point. Antonio with the goal. If only Pozzi scored that penalty things could be very interesting right now.

EDIT #3:

HOLY CHAMAKH! Insigne takes on about 4 Samp players' date=' dribbles around all of them, forces Romero to make a cracking save. Pescara are doing a number in to Sampdoria.

[/quote']

Holy Chamakh? :D LOL

Insigne is really something isnt he. Holy.

Insigne is really something isnt he. Holy.

Cracking player' date=' no doubt. Mancini was there, can't help but feel he had a lingering eye on him, as well as Immobile, Caprari and Verratti but what a mistake it would be for any of them to go to City.

Anyway, congrats to Pescara and Zeman for a great season. Serie A brace yourselves. That's now Torino and Pescara in.

Angelo raised some good points to me on chat, will be interesting to see where Pescara go from here, especially looking at that main core group of there youthful, exuberant attacking players, which is made up of all youngsters on loan. Will they be back? Will clubs want to loan them back? What can they do with the Verratti money? Time will tell.

[b']Battle of Turin.[/b]

Off-topic, slightly, just in case anyone hasn't heard, the Turin derby has already begun. Juve tifosi smashed and vandalised the Torino Store during the Scudetto celebrations and in turn, today, after the result which guaranteed Torino promotion, Torino tifosi have gone and done the exact same to the Juventus Store.

Things are going to be very interesting next season. Can't wait. Now... COPPA ITALIA!

COPPA ITALIA

Juventus XI: (3-5-2) Storari; Barzagli, Bonucci, Caceres; Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Estigarribia; Del Piero, Borriello.

Subs: Manninger, Padoin, Giaccherini, Pepe, Matri, Vucinic, Quagliarella.

Napoli XI: (3-5-2) De Sanctis; Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Aronica; Maggio, Dzemaili, Inler, Hamsik, Zuniga; Lavezzi, Cavani.

Subs: Rosati, Grava, Fernandez, Britos, Dossena, Pandev, Vargas.

Kick off is at 8:45 gmt?

Kick-off is at 8:00pm UK time, from my understanding. Coverage has just begun on ESPN.

Rather mixed emotions on who to pull for, ADP10's last match, most definitely in Italy, then on the other hand, a team who has struggled this season, has a chance to end the season on a high.

Who am I kidding, everyone will miss ADP10 but he's had his swan song, won the Scudetto, scored in the final league match, this is Napoli's time to end the season on a high... I hope.

No 'cherry' for you Ahmad.

I remmber too :P He was supposed to be italys newest best defender :D

I think that hes slow and prone to mistakes. I hope he gets better though as it seems Samuel and Lucio are getting way too old!

What? You're really underestimating him. He still is one of the better young guns Italy have. The fact that Inter have gambled on coaches after coaches have set its mark on Inter - players like Milito and Cesar may not be as strong as they were back in '10 due to this - but nontheless, they're still quality.

I've always said this and will continue to do so: Bonucci is overrated, Ranocchia is quality. It wasn't for nothing Inter paid €25m for him (I'll give you that though: It was definitely what you might call ''over-paying'').

Just my two cents.

What? You're really underestimating him. He still is one of the better young guns Italy have. The fact that Inter have gambled on coaches after coaches have set its mark on Inter - players like Milito and Cesar may not be as strong as they were back in '10 due to this - but nontheless' date=' they're still quality.

I've always said this and will continue to do so: Bonucci is overrated, Ranocchia is quality. It wasn't for nothing Inter paid €25m for him (I'll give you that though: It was definitely what you might call ''over-paying'').

Just my two cents.[/quote']

Yeah i have been harsh on him and hes improving. Milito is qaulity with his goalscoring , hes someone you can definetely rely on to produce.

LOL 25 mil. Young centrebacks are hrd to come by, and Rannochia is still pretty young.Once again I have been impateint and ive seen worse-Djorou

and

Congrats to Napoli, 22 years is a long wait, well deserved. Juve just looked quite flat tonight, straight from the blow of the whistle, met there match. Happy for Joz and NF101, least someone was able to slay the old lady this year.

Here's an interesting stat for you I've just read, with this win, Pandev has now won 4 consecutive Coppa Italia finals (Lazio - '09, Inter - '10 & '11, Napoli - '12). Crazy, lucky charm much.

Ahmad, no cherry on the cake - no worries, you've still had a tremendous season to say the least, as it pains me to say, one which if I had, I'd brag about till my heart's content.

Lastly, ciao and grazie Alessandro. Legend, regardless of who you support.

Congrats to Napoli' date=' 22 years is a long wait, well deserved. Juve just looked quite flat tonight, straight from the blow of the whistle, met there match. Happy for Joz and NF101, least someone was able to slay the old lady this year.

Here's an interesting stat for you I've just read, with this win, Pandev has now won 4 consecutive Coppa Italia finals [i'](Lazio - '09, Inter - '10 & '11, Napoli - '12)[/i]. Crazy, lucky charm much.

Ahmad, no cherry on the cake - no worries, you've still had a tremendous season to say the least, as it pains me to say, one which if I had, I'd brag about till my heart's content.

Lastly, ciao and grazie Alessandro. Legend, regardless of who you support.

Pandev will come back and be nerrazuris charm ;)

And i want ADP to come to Toronto FC :) but hell probably go to LA or New York :o

Del Piero will forever be a Legend!

WE DID IT - UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!

Wow i'm so happy right now, hard to express it in words. What a performance, we looked hungrier and more determined than Juve tonight and we deserve our name on that trophy. Incredible moment after 22 years without this feeling for Naples! I so wish i was there tonight, that city will be rocking :D

Commiserations to Juve, you have been outstanding this season which is what makes tonight even more special as we are the only team to have officially beaten you this season! I would like to say thanks to Alex as well, an absolute legend and a childhood idol of mine growing up - you will never be forgotten!

I will talk more about the game when i'm more composed, emotions are running wild at the minute :P