Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

WE DID IT - UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!

Wow i'm so happy right now' date=' hard to express it in words. What a performance, we looked hungrier and more determined than Juve tonight and we deserve our name on that trophy. Incredible moment after 22 years without this feeling for Naples! I so wish i was there tonight, that city will be rocking :D

Commiserations to Juve, you have been outstanding this season which is what makes tonight even more special as we are the only team to have officially beaten you this season! I would like to say thanks to Alex as well, an absolute legend and a childhood idol of mine growing up - you will never be forgotten!

I will talk more about the game when i'm more composed, emotions are running wild at the minute :P[/quote']

If at any time we could have used such a boost, it was probably now. :D

Hamsik looks so odd without hair as well. :P

Also congrats to Torino and Pescara on promotion!

Seems Inter and Genoa have agreed on an 11m fee for Palacio.

Juventus set to unveil Pogba this week.

Santos president Luis Alvaro Ribeiro has confirmed that Juventus are interested in Brazilian starlet Neymar.

The Italian giants join a host of clubs including Real Madrid, Barcelona and Chelsea who have expressed an interest in the 20-year-old wonderkid.

"Juventus are just one of the clubs who want Neymar," Ribeiro told Tuttosport.

The Brazil international has been courting most of Europe's biggest clubs since he made his debut for Santos aged 17, but last year signed a contract extension to stay at the club until at least 2014.

Barcelona are believed to be the frontrunners in the chase to sign the youngster after Real fell out of favour with the player during preliminary negotiations.

Juventus are in the market for a high-profile striker, with Napoli's Edinson Cavani and Real's Gonazalo Higuain also reportedly on their wishlist.

I doubt he'll join Juve.

Randoms...

Destro sweepstakes.

Corriere dello Sport - "Roma are understood to have made Siena an offer of around €7m for their half-share of Destro." Cue Inter VS Roma.

Verratti on future.

Verratti - “After yesterday’s game, I asked the President to keep me here. I’ll speaks with him after my spell with the national side.”

Being said that his price is now gone up to €15m.

Diamanti.

Corriere dello Sport - Brescia are ready to sell there 50% share of Diamanti but Corioni want €7m, a fee which won't be met by Bologna.

Viola.

Ljajic - out?

Bit of a rumour going around. Supposedly the Goonies have been tracking Ljajic, and Fiorentina, who in-turn being linked up with Chamakh all season, could be up for a possible swap deal. Hope not, would feel quite bad for Ljajic, just recently bought a house in Florence.

Behrami.

Seems like he's the only one that can go around in public places nowadays in Florence, has been speaking to the press quite a bit, reflecting on the season and the future of this club.

'I next captain? The relationship with the fans that I've had this year has been extraordinary. This is for new coach to decide.'

Behrami on Ranieri - "He has great experience, has always done well and work hard on the head, something that we need this season."

Why Oriali may have turned down Viola.

As you know, Oriali, after weeks of meeting eventually ended up turning down the Director post in Firenze, leaving many to wonder, why? Is it lack of funds? The project itself? Fall-out with the Della Valle's? Not on the same page? Well he's come out hinting at the problem.

Oriali on saying 'no' - "The fans need not worry, it was not a question of budget to spend on the market, what we have never spoken."

This has sparked rumours it was indeed the fact that the Della Valle's had already head-hunted, and expressed there desire to Oriali, that they wanted Ranieri for the next coach, which Oriali would have no say in, leaving him displeased, as anyone would be.

Livo's Au Dieu to Fiorentina - open letter.

“Before beginning my Euro 2012 adventure with the national team, with the hope of being there as a protagonist, I would like to thank the Della Valle family, Fiorentina and Florence for all these wonderful and unforgettable seven years spent together,” he said on the club’s website.

“The memory of this experience will always remain in the heart. They were seven very intense years, full of joy and pain, satisfaction and tears, which saw us as protagonists in Italy and on the prestigious stage of the Europa League and Champions League.

“I will never forget the scream of joy when Gila [Alberto Gilardino] scored at Anfield [versus Liverpool], as I will never erase from my memory the twin battles, epic and unfortunate, against Bayern Munich.

“I was the captain of this team and I felt on my skin how important the armband was. I wore it with pride and passion, proud to be the reference point for my teammates and for the Viola.

“In life and in professions, relationships can break down and not always in an understandable and painless way for everyone. Behind every reaction, comment or opinion, I have always felt, however, that I have had the passion for this purple shirt that represents the true heritage of Fiorentina.

“There will be times, places and ways to remember my seasons in Florence and the choices made. Although some see me as an enemy, I can only wish joy and satisfaction to Fiorentina, Florence, to my former comrades and all the people who work every day in the club with passion and dedication.

“Finally, I’d like to send a greeting and a warm embrace to those who stood by me during these years.”

Edinson Cavani of Napoli is hoping that Coppa Italia success is just the first of more major honours at the Stadio San Paolo.

The Uruguayan scored the opening goal in Sunday’s Cup Final against Juventus before Marek Hamsik made it 2-0.

“We deserved this triumph,” the South American stated as the club lifted a trophy for the first time in 22 years.

“We’re happy and we’ll now enjoy this Coppa, as well as thinking about our future targets in Italy and in Europe.”

Cavani has had another goal-filled campaign after netting 33 in all competitions for the Azzurri.

“I share this victory with my family, the fans and all those people who have always stood by me and Napoli,” he added. “They deserve this success and a lot more…”

Only means he'll stay. ;)

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini met Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani at the Rossoneri’s headquarters earlier today.

The tactician spent about 30 minutes talking to the official in Via Turati, a meeting which fuelled transfer whispers surrounding Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

“It was just a friendly meeting to say hello,” the Sampdoria legend told Sky Sport Italia as he left the building.

“Ibrahimovic? He is a great champion, but all of the Milan fans can stay calm…”

Premiership winners City have been paired with a move for the Swedish international striker over the past few weeks.

There are also suggestions that Milan made enquiries about City strikers Mario Balotelli and Carlos Tevez.

The latter was wanted in January, but the move collapsed after Alexandre Pato refused to leave San Siro for Paris Saint-Germain.

Tevez + Balotelli for Ibra!

If at any time we could have used such a boost' date=' it was probably now. :D

Hamsik looks so odd without hair as well. :P

Also congrats to Torino and Pescara on promotion!

Seems Inter and Genoa have agreed on an 11m fee for Palacio.

Juventus set to unveil Pogba this week.[/quote']

Too right! :D

I know, he needs to grow it back asap - not a good look lol

Only means he'll stay. ;)

I'm confident Cavani will stay and i have to say so far so good on his tone in recent interviews, a bit of silverware never does any harm either :P

As for Pocho, i fear his departure is imminent. The way he left the field after being subbed was very telling the way he embraced every Napoli player :(

Too right! :D

I know' date=' he needs to grow it back asap - not a good look lol

I'm confident Cavani will stay and i have to say so far so good on his tone in recent interviews, a bit of silverware never does any harm either :P

As for Pocho, i fear his departure is imminent. The way he left the field after being subbed was very telling the way he embraced every Napoli player :([/quote']

Read the recent comments by De Laurentiis, I find article titles funny. Claimed Lavezzi's 27 and can make his own mind up, yet they claim he said he's leaving. :rolleyes:

That would be the second scandalous swap for the club getting Ibra. He's good' date=' but he's not that good :P[/quote']

You play Ibra behind Aguero/Dzeko and he'd be absolute class for you guys. I know that's more Silva's spot (I believe) though.

You play Ibra behind Aguero/Dzeko and he'd be absolute class for you guys. I know that's more Silva's spot (I believe) though.

Silva's usually played on the right of our attacking trio behind Aguero but the roles are completely free. What you suggest would be a direct replacement for Tevez, which I wouldn't mind as a swap (probably adding something else on our end) but adding Balotelli is too much. As much as he's a complete nutjob, he's incredibly talented.

Silva's usually played on the right of our attacking trio behind Aguero but the roles are completely free. What you suggest would be a direct replacement for Tevez' date=' which I wouldn't mind as a swap (probably adding something else on our end) but adding Balotelli is too much. As much as he's a complete nutjob, he's incredibly talented.[/quote']

True, however with Balotelli and Tevez, you never know what you're going to get. As much as Ibra does talk, he backs it up on the pitch. Only real way to progress is get/keep players that will actually play when needed too and step up (yes, Ibrakadabra actually can step up). Not too mention, replacing them, though few as talented and young as Balotelli, isn't impossible for City to do.

Silva's usually played on the right of our attacking trio behind Aguero but the roles are completely free. What you suggest would be a direct replacement for Tevez' date=' which I wouldn't mind as a swap (probably adding something else on our end) but adding Balotelli is too much. As much as he's a complete nutjob, he's incredibly talented.[/quote']

Assuming things are all patched with Tev, it's not even a swap I would even consider. I will admit, as a viewer I'd opt any day of the week to watch a rather arrogant Ibra than Tevez, just looking at your squad though, seeing how you play, fluid movement, players overlapping each other, that set 3/4 attacking players who have great chemistry and vision, is something I wouldn't be willing to compromise just to land Ibra.

Also City would be fools to swap those both Tev and Balo for Ibra, may go down as being a worse off transfer than Barca's debacle of Eto'o + £40m.

Ibra is a class player, but that's paying over the odds, greatly.

Inter interested in a swap with City as well. A bid for De Jong using Maicon could be on the cards. Inter are really looking to spend, after paying about 22m for Guarin and Palacio as they'll have to spend a bit for a RB.

Fenerbahce are heavily linked with Hernanes.

Gattuso's agent denies a move to Lazio.

It does seem that Milan have signed Gabriel Vasconcelos Ferreir as their third choice keeper. I can see Amelia leaving and someone better coming in.

Ogbonna claims leaving Torino this season isn't going to happen after they got back into Serie A.

Insigne's agent claims a loan to a Serie A club will do wonders for the young player. I'd have to agree.

Acerbi's agent in talks with Milan.

Udinese turn down United's bid for Asamoah, who has now attracted interest from Spurs.

Milan favorites to sign Sahin.

Clash of the SUCKERS !!!

Milan bandits vs Indonesia,

Andrea Stramaccioni has named his 20 bandits for playing against Indonesia league selection and U23 side this weekend,

They are :

1 Julio Cesar

12 Luca Castellazzi

21 Paolo Orlandoni

2 Ivan Cordoba

4 Javier Zanetti

13 Maicon

Paolo Hernan Dellafiore 25 Walter Samuel

34 Cristiano Biraghi

42 Jonathan

17 Angelo Palombo

18 Andrea Poli

19 Esteban Cambiasso 29 Coutinho

48 Lorenzo Crisetig

53 Luca Tremolada

7 Giampaolo Pazzini

22 Diego Milito

81 Samuele Longo

96 Giovanni Terrani

Surely will be less-entertaining match.. :eek:

Ederson - Lazio.

Looks like Ederson's move to Lazio is practically done according to his agent, squashing the Milan reports.

Caliendo - “Ederson is a Lazio player, now just the signature is missing.

I have spoken with Lotito and Tare and there are only some missing details that are secondary.

What matters is the common desire to finalise the deal. Soon I will meet with Lazio and I hope that the signing of the contract will come as well.”

Thiago .... Silva?

Sky Italia just reported that Galliani will meet with City (either Mancini or the directors) again to talk about Thiago Silva. Hmm...

ADP10.

"Alessandro Del Piero is set to reveal his future plans during a Press conference in a Turin hotel on Friday."

Would be very surprised if he says he's going anywhere but the MLS.

Pizarro on Roma future.

Back from his loan at City, he doesn't hide he still wishes to remain with Roma, especially since LE has left.

“I didn’t want to leave this year, but my relationship with Luis Enrique was not good and I chose to answer the call of [City boss] Roberto Mancini,” stated the playmaker to the Romanista.

It is my desire to end my career in Europe with Roma and I have come back here to remain. I have one year left on my contract which I intend to respect with maximum motivation.”

Sneijder - Diavolo?

Some crazy rumour going around that WS' agent, Soren Lerby, has conversed with Galliani over a possible move to Milan, it's even been suggested Sneijder would push on KPB, his good friend to egg on the possibility of a deal, internally. Aha, gotta love lazy journalism.

I think Moratti learnt that hard mistake already in letting Pirlo and Seedorf slide by in the past.

Palacio - Inter - Romeo done!

Well, the transfer which should have been under Gasperini, at the begging of this season just finished, scrapped by Moratti and Branca as they had bigger dreams of possibly landing Pocho, which failed miserably, has made them go back to that deal. Circus, no? Still, great signing, really happy Palacio can put himself on the big stage now.

The deal has yet to be announced official, but it's pretty much as good as done, Preziosi has all but confirmed it through his words.

Preziosi - "The negotiations are closed, Palacio was sold to Inter : the player is carrying out a medical with Inter-rite and its official release date will be within days.

The Nerazzurri have some interesting pieces that we could put in the deal. We'll see, what is certain is that Rodrigo will play for Inter.

Palacio went through an awful situation with the fans at Novara, the day after we survived he asked to be sold."

Grifone.

La Stampa - Genoa have offered the 34-year-old, Rino Gattuso a 12-month contract at Marassi, as they enter the race with a host of clubs interested in the player.

Viola.

JoJo & Ljajic.

Both JoJo and Ljajic, who share the same agent - Ramadani. has come out speaking on the futures on both players, amidst the possible swap deal rumours of Ljajic-Chamakh, and of course, what will be continual rumours circulating on JoJo, this summer.

Ramadani on JoJo - "There is little, very little, to say, he'll surely remain at Fiorentina, will be the mainstay of the team."

Ramadani on Ljajic - "Expect to see who the next coach will be purple, but I think Adem will remain at Fiorentina. He wants to start over, get behind what happened.

The intention is to start and do well, forgetting what happened lately. Rossi's reaction? I will not talk to Delio, for me does not deserve it. And I want to say again that Adem has not addressed insults to his mother coach, is not in its nature."

Kharja future?

CalcioNews24 - Genoa and Fiorentina will meet soon to decide the future of Housseine Kharja.

Director pot.

Latest names of those rumoured Director candidates; Pradè Daniel, Delli Carri (Pescara Director - snab the Director to lure Zeman? The shock of it!), Carmine Longo, Stefano Capozzucca.

Clashes between Lazio and the CONI continue with President Gianni Petrucci issuing a stern warning that the club could be banned from competing in Serie A.

The Stadio Olimpico, which is owned by the CONI (Italian Olympic Committee) plays host to Lazio. However, President Claudio Lotito has constantly protested about the cost of the rent agreement.

It is believed that the Biancocelesti have gone so far as to sign up the Stadio Barbera in Palermo to play their home games in next seasons Europa League.

CONI President Petrucci warned, “The problems are the same as a while back. Lazio have not made contact and at this rate they will be excluded from Serie A.”

However it is not clear yet where Lazio plan to play their home matches next term.

Sunday’s Coppa Italia Final was played at the Olimpico, which saw Napoli triumph over giants Juventus 2-0. Despite the win the club was fined €30,000 after fans jeered throughout the national anthem.

“The Napoli fans did something shameful, as jeering the national anthem is inconceivable!”

Extremely interesting report going around.

Nuri Sahin

Calciomercato - Nuri Sahin's agent, Reza Fazeli, is currently in Milan, landed this morning from Germany. He is set to meet with Inter, along with one other team.

Michael Bradley.

Palermo is a team said to be considering placing a bid for Bradley, who's contract is set to run out with the Donkeys in 2013. Roma and Inter rumoured to be keeping tabs too. Good signing, wherever he goes, has played brilliantly this season.

Galliani says no to Maxibon, reconsiders Aquilani.

Galliani on Maxibon - "We are satisfied with what he has done, but we will not sign him. Maxi will return to Catania."

Galliani on Aquiliani - "We will not use our option to buy Aquilani before May 31. We will reopen talks with Liverpool in June, though."

Galliani on Thiago Silva & Ibra & Tevez.

On TS - “There is an assault on him. All of the big Spanish and English clubs want Thiago Silva.

He’ll stay at Milanello though. We’ll resist all of the temptations and there are strong ones which exist.

All of Europe want him, including clubs with great economical power. We’ll do all we can to keep him.”

On Ibra - “After the Novara game on the last day of the season, Ibra came to my house.

I spoke to him for two hours and I hear from his agent on a daily basis. I’ve not been told that he wants to leave.

Like Thiago Silva, Ibra will stay at Milan.”

On Tev - “The Tevez train has gone. We have never been interested in Kolarov – especially as we have four left-backs already…”

Montella.

So from hearing about a possible swap deal involving a Roma youth product for Montella, then a supposed clause in Monty's contract, which would release him a year early of his contract expiring in 2013 and now looping back to Pulvirenti, having his last say - “He is our Coach and has a contract until next year. I hope that I have been clear enough.”

Silvestre.

Tottenham are said to be interested in Matias Silvestre of Palermo if talks for Vertonghen should fail.

Insigne - Napoli / Pescara ?

“I don’t know whether I will stay here for another year. At the end of the season the two clubs will talk.

I’m not expecting to be guaranteed a starting shirt at Napoli, but I would want to be considered the same as all the other players at the club. If that wasn’t the case then I’d prefer to stay here.

I’d like to be considered on the same level as the other attackers and not just as a youngster who needs to grow.”

Viola.

Della Valle brothers to sell?

Recent red flags have gone up in the minds of all Franks, especially after the words of Diego Della Valle, which hints on the possibility that the DV brothers could be set to call there time on Fiorentina, by selling the club.

All I'll say is this will now only further holt the appointment of a director and coach in my mind, if true.

Diego Della Valle - “It’s time to reflect on whether it makes sense or not to invest in a football club when groups of violent fans, of ‘idiots,’ are destroying the most beautiful sport in the world.

I spoke to my brother Andrea this evening and told him I don’t know if it makes sense to invest in football that is going through such a disastrous situation.

He thinks with the heart of a supporter, but football can be a wonderful thing, a vehicle for just sentiments that can be transmitted to youth, as long as the rules are respected.”

Bianchi.

Anyone remember Manchester City flop, Rolando Bianchi, now plying his trade at Torino, even captaining the side, well latest rumours on Bianchi suggest, his contract, which runs till 2013, could leave Torino onto selling him this mercatto. Fiorentina, Parma and Genoa,are being names as interested suitors.

Another director in the running...

Cesena director of sport, Lorenzo Minotti is being linked with Fiorentina, for the current vacant position, left by Corvino.

Is Caceres is a confirmed Juve player next season?

Nope. There is a buy-out, but Marrotta has not yet chose to confirm whether Juventus will buy him or send him back to Sevilla... for the second time, a grave mistake in my view. He's a great talent.

Nope. There is a buy-out' date=' but Marrotta has not yet chose to confirm whether Juventus will buy him or send him back to Sevilla... for the second time, a grave mistake in my view. He's a great talent.[/quote']

Hmmm, Soccerway claims it is, that he'll officially move for about 8m come July 1st.

Nope. There is a buy-out' date=' but Marrotta has not yet chose to confirm whether Juventus will buy him or send him back to Sevilla... for the second time, a grave mistake in my view. He's a great talent.[/quote']

The deadline is on July, so still plenty of time to negotiate.

Yeah, I've said this to ya, I'll come around and shot him with AK47 if he not sign Caceres permanently.

Hmmm' date=' Soccerway claims it is, that he'll officially move for about 8m come July 1st.[/quote']

Very odd. Not seen any quotes or official confirmation from Juve, Sevilla , Marrotta, Caceres or on his agents behalf to suggest that they've activated the buy-out, or on any of the regular Calcio sites.

I've got to think at this point it's still in the consideration process, do I think it will be done? Well yes, if Marrotta has half a brain.

To let Caceres walk again, someone so multidimensional, who could be used either in the XI, or as a key rotational player, especially with more matches this coming season, being in the CL, would be idiotic.

Very odd. Not seen any quotes or official confirmation from Juve' date=' Sevilla , Marrotta, Caceres or on his agents behalf to suggest that they've activated the buy-out, or on any of the regular Calcio sites.

I've got to think at this point it's still in the consideration process, do I think it will be done? Well yes, if Marrotta has half a brain.

To let Caceres walk again, someone so multidimensional, who could be used either in the XI, or as a key rotational player, [b']especially with more matches this coming season, being in the CL[/b], would be idiotic.

Agreed. He is pure talent, don't know people don't signed him on permanent. Squad depth is priorities for Juve next season.

Btw, some forumer said that he will lost his Def position and maybe changed into CB/RB or upgrade to more position Def/RM.

What do you think?

Agreed. He is pure talent' date=' don't know people don't signed him on permanent. Squad depth is priorities for Juve next season.

Btw, some forumer said that he will lost his Def position and maybe changed into CB/RB or upgrade to more position Def/RM.

What do you think?[/quote']

Well for me the thing I love about Caceres is, again, his multidimensional play. For a team, when not playing a 3-5-2, Conte has usually stuck with his transitional 4-3-3. Looking at the 4 at the back, Caceres can play anywhere, not because Conte just needs a body to stick there, just because that's how much of an adaptable player MC is.

I still see him attaining that Def position, it's his main attribute. Sure, if SM are looking to give him a secondary position, because of how Conte has sometimes opted for a 3-5-2, using wing-backs, then he should Def/Wing, which just might make him the most versatile player on SM, so I don't think it's something that would happen.

Also keep this in mind, I do believe (maybe Ahmad could clarify), that when Conte has selected the 3-5-2, for the most part he's chosen to go ahead with De Ceglie and Lichtsteiner, has had Caceres come off the subs (also the selection has been so through injury). So Caceres for the majority of the time is still playing at the back, though he does like to come forward. It's a tricky one. I'd still stick with Def.

Well for me the thing I love about Caceres is' date=' again, his multidimensional play. For a team, when not playing a 3-5-2, Conte has usually stuck with his transitional 4-3-3. Looking at the 4 at the back, Caceres can play anywhere, not because Conte just needs a body to stick there, just because that's how much of an adaptable player MC is.

I still see him attaining that [i']Def[/i] position, it's his main attribute. Sure, if SM are looking to give him a secondary position, because of how Conte has sometimes opted for a 3-5-2, using wing-backs, they he should Def/Wing, which just might make him the most versatile player on SM, so I don't think it's something that would happen.

Also keep this in mind, I do believe (maybe Ahmad could clarify), that when Conte has selected the 3-5-2, for the most part he's chosen to go ahead with De Ceglie and Lichtsteiner, has had Caceres come off the subs (also the selection has been so through injury). So Caceres for the majority of the time is still playing at the back, though he does like to come forward. It's a tricky one. I'd still stick with Def.

Seems for this time, Caceres situation will be KIV for me (until there is an official news about him going to Juve and about his positional changed). But if he changed to Def/Wing, he will be the most underated player in sm in therm of versatility.

Btw, between Nagatomo and Caceres,who has the biggest changed to raise next year (or maybe this next review)? <--- this should be on prediction thread. :o

Between them who is the most outstanding player in term of playing at the back (defence).

(according to WhoScored site, Nagatomo is the most consistence LB player in Serie A this season).