Official Serie A Thread

Guest Daragh

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Official Serie A Thread The Amazing, the Good, the Okay,the Bad, and the Ugly: Internazionale's Season This season was possibly one of the more interesting seasons that I have ever

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Re: The Official Serie A Thread

Re: The Official Serie A Thread 2010/11

What happened to make it seem fixed?

http://www.liveoddsandscores.com/serie-a/438581/chievo-vs-sampdoria-suspicious-betting-activity-on-draw

2 days ago that, and low and behold, the game ends a draw.

Bosnia get kicked out of World football for having 3 presidents due to the difficult situation of the countries politics, but Italian teams consistently fix games and continue to get away with it.

It's disgusting.

http://www.liveoddsandscores.com/serie-a/438581/chievo-vs-sampdoria-suspicious-betting-activity-on-draw

2 days ago that' date=' and low and behold, the game ends a draw.

Bosnia get kicked out of World football for having 3 presidents due to the difficult situation of the countries politics, but Italian teams consistently fix games and continue to get away with it.

It's disgusting.[/quote']

Appalling.

Mamma mia, Napoli V Lazio. When Lazio came up with the 0-2 lead, I just knew Napoli would fix 3 points. Just the same way I knew I'd get Xavi last week on Fifa Superstars before I went on to buy a goldpack. Don't ask me how I do this.

And oh, Milan V Inter 3-0 - weekend couldn't get any better. Abate is our RB. We need a LB, an AM (Ganso most probably will join), a DM and possibly a new CB to make the centre-piece more competitive, but certainly not an RB. :)

EDIT: Can see Cosmi leave now. Zamparini ain't to afraid with firing coaches. To be honest, he should of never sacked Delio Rossi. Despite that 0-7 loss to Udinese that proved to be his downfall (he got sacked directly after the loss), he had everything in control at Palermo. The squad was formed after his initiative and his management wasn't bad either. Don't fancy Cosmi's three-men defence, it simply doesn't work with Palermo. Wouldn't be suprised to see Cosmi leave tomorrow, not at all.

"Exactly as predicted. Zero-zero, zero real chances, zero desire to harm the opponent, zero anything" - Corriere della Sera on Sunday's Chievo v Sampdoria game in Serie A, which had attracted enormous amounts of money on the draw beforehand.

"The match was played with apparent regularity, though there was little evidence of competitive desire" - the official inspector's report on the game, which also gave it the all-clear.

Standard Italian authorities let the cheating go unpunished as per usual.

Guest Daragh

Despite the disappointing news yesterday, I did hear some good news. Actually, excellent news. Gasperini, who I'm a massive fan of, has hinted that he may take charge next season. What an appointment that would be! I'd be over the moon if that happens! Fantastic manager, very under rated. I'd be equally happy to see Montella given the job full time - which Di Benedetto hasn't ruled out - but Gasperini would most definately be my first choice. Always has his side well organised and very well drilled, and as I always say, he'll always have his side playing a unit. Had it not been for Preziosi's approach, Gasperini could have really pushed Genoa onto the next level in my opinion, but it's hard to do that when your chairman is constantly having a major reshuffle every Summer, particularly when he's bringing in several unwanted players who don't fit into your system.

Would be awesome. Sabatini and Gasperini, now that's a mouth watering prospect!

bit random but who actually starts up front for AC milan?' date=' they have cassano pato robinho and ibra and im puzzled as to how they fit them all in the same team.[/quote']

Ibra and Robinho are the typical starters. Pato usually starts with them when he's actually fit. Cassano's basically a sub.