New Gold Championship Version(s)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: New Gold Championship Version(s)

Quite agree.

I favour sackings but not in so few matches as some suggest. If you hideously underperform then yes you could be sacked. Example is finishing in 13th in the league with a Chelsea. Obv this would be for a new version of a gc such as a platinum. I disagree that you are being harsh to ppl if they have paid for chelsea' date=' get sacked and up with udinese or something because if you join the gameworld the rules will be clear that this could happen. If you want a top side without the risk create a custom world or reserve a team in an ec or something?

Once a manager is sacked other managers could apply for the job and the chairman should take a number of factors into account, track record, league position, financial management and possibly international record. This would also encourage people to watch squad sizes too if their chances of getting a top club partially depend on how their wage bill and overall financial management is looked into. I dont mean its measured to the pound, more of a general thing . Port Vale in div four losing £600k per home game could be considered mismanagement by chelsea and count against them. However if exceptional results and good trading in the transfer market (profitability) could sway chelsea in your favour. I think this incorporates being able to build squads of risers provided you are making the club a success on and off the park. If you have ambitions to manage the biggest sides.

Understand some wont like it because of sacking possibility but just my ideas :) feedback would be great.[/quote']

I've been saying this over the last few pages and all it has got is a negative response......

I think this would improve the playability and add some more excitement to the game.

Instead of slight disappointment at losing, you would have a bit of pressure building as results didn't go your way, and on the flip side you would have the relief and excitement at getting yourself out of a sticky patch.

In all it would give managers more to play for..

INCLUDE AFRICA. INCLUDE AFRICA. INCLUDE AFRICA.

Please include Africa. Seriously, nobody cares about the MLS, its an empty division GC after GC after GC. Occasionally a manager will come along and turn an empty American league into a "challenge" (see Abdel Zizi's Houston Dynamo challenge) but otherwise nobody cares for this league. And I'm an American saying this.

I'm okay with the idea of an African league, although I'd much prefer an updated Egyptian league (Beyond Zamalek, Al Ahly, and Ismaily, there are many other very good teams that SM just doesn't give enough credit to: ENPPI, Haras El Hodoud, and Petrojet are all class teams who've established themselves over the last few years, and then El Geish, Ittihad, Al Masry, and El Shorta all have shown consistency too. Even the newcomers like Wadi Degla and MCDR have put up a good fight this year!). I know that managers like me, Chipolopolo, Ahmed Gharib (Higgy), and many more would be up for the challenge, and it would be a very fresh addition to the GCs.

Aside from that, I don't really care too much about the reformatting, I feel that they're still being made way too frequently, and unless that changes, they won't become that much more attractive for me other than if this Africa idea goes through well.

I also don't like there being 4 Scottish Divisions and 3 German/Italian Divisions, because the Scottish first division already finds it immensely hard to fill itself up past Celtic, Rangers, and maybe a couple other teams, and nobody I know on the forums really knows anything about 3rd division German or Italian football, so these will end up being empty divisions.

I could go on and on, but I'll just sum it up: too many of these leagues will be empty. I can see me getting ppl to jump on board for the African challenge, but nobody wants the lower teams in Switzerland, Ukraine, Turkey, Sweden South Africa, Austria, etc.

Unless Gold Championships start becoming rare and competitive again anyway.

I used to be a GC fanatic, but I now honestly don't see a point in paying to be a Gold Member so I am allowed pay again to join GC's. I think GC's have officially died so I have left all my GC clubs including Barcelona Arsenal Milan and Lyon.

I really hope GC's pick up or this game will fail and more people like myself will just buy other manager games such as football manager 2011.

GC'S NEED TO BE FREE.

It's simple.

Create less set ups and then you'll have better competition. Therefore if this "new gold championship format" is produced, then please please please don't make 10 in the first 6months or something.

I agree with those who say you shouldn't have to pay to join/reserve. Gold Membership has become alot less desireable, and joining a GC was the pinnacle of you wanting to become a gold member (I remember when you had to be a gold member just to change the skin for you club ;))

Whatever happens with this new format, there will people loving it and people who absolutely loathe it. But I really hope it is something to look forward to.

Also, if this game world is to stay busy and remain busy... SM needs to stop unmanaged teams being raided. Once a team has been raided, it's officially done with and no one will ever want to manage that team again.

I'm suggesting a complete ban on purchasing from unmanaged teams, over the rating of 85's. That way it protects a teams good players, but allows them to recoup some cash from youth sales for a new manager when they join that team.

I know that argument will no doubt be met with firm opposition, but unless raiding is stopped also... this new game world will soon dwindle and die. People need to have a reason to want to join, and if an unmanaged team has lost all it's best players, people won't take it.

It's got to be realistic, would a club like Genoa sell all their top players for cash.... not a chance if there was a human manager...they wouldn't sell them at all.

Just a thought. :)

Also' date=' if this game world is to stay busy and remain busy... SM needs to stop unmanaged teams being raided. Once a team has been raided, it's officially done with and no one will ever want to manage that team again.

I'm suggesting a complete ban on purchasing from unmanaged teams, over the rating of 85's. That way it protects a teams good players, but allows them to recoup some cash from youth sales for a new manager when they join that team.

I know that argument will no doubt be met with firm opposition, but unless raiding is stopped also... this new game world will soon dwindle and die. People need to have a reason to want to join, and if an unmanaged team has lost all it's best players, people won't take it.

It's got to be realistic, would a club like Genoa sell all their top players for cash.... not a chance if there was a human manager...they wouldn't sell them at all.

Just a thought. :)[/quote']

A really good thought. I like this a lot. I'd say at least 75% deals in older gcs are managed teams buying from unmanaged.

I'd like to see it as realistic as possible:

• Keep countries separate. Don't mix Balkan' date=' Benelux, Med leagues. Also add the leagues of lesser countries in Europe and the Americas.
    [*']Have separate SMFA competitions for Europe and the Americas. Host a World Club Championship at the end of the season (World Cup period) so the winners can play each other.
  • Try and introduce African, Asian, Australasian leagues. These could have their own SMFA competition or be included in the less competitive American tournament.
  • Have realistic numbers of teams in each league. In England at the moment 20 teams are in each division. It would be great if this could be replaced by the real-life 20/24/24/24/24 system with added promotions/relegations.
  • With the massive reduction in external teams make P/Eing to unmanaged sides possible if the side has been unmanaged for a set period of time.

Stuart i think you have highlighted a very important point here, there are only a certain amount of changes SM can make to GC's to create this new "super format".

Realism is one of them, adding an element of realism into the setup / format would be fantastic, specific continental cups would be probably one of the best additions to SM in general, it truly would be a fantastic change, not only adding that aspect of realism but it adds another challenge to the game, its more honours you can attempt to win and fill your trophy cabinet with ! Fantastic suggestions Andy, and with the period at the end of the game season for the WC in GC's, something could be worked out to see the world club championships, Intercontiental championship and WC played in that period, maybe alternatively each season, im unsure, but the prospect of having such competitions is top notch !

Having realistic league formats is a must, and for obvious reasons !

Manager's reputation should be over 75 at least.

Although it seems quite a few people disagree with this' date=' i can see the benefits. Exclusivity keeps on coming up, and if there was a set criteria in place, it would add that aspect of realism.

-Win %

- Loyality

- Honours won

- Manager ranking in GC's

-Number of promotions

- The ability to compare the transformation of squads

Are just a few rough ideas of certain criteria managers could potentially need to enter this new format, it would certainly separate the men from the boys and based on factors that people can control unlike age and when you joined the game.

Im with Rob in which one should be done.

As for the new format, please dont make them reserve a club as its ruining the game and im pretty sure EVERYBODY would agree, yes it earns hundreds of pounds every GC but for the love of the game dont make them all reserve a club.

If they are free then I dont really mind managing the lesser teams as I think these new ones will be more active with a lot of managers in them, if you start doing them as the ones are done now then after the first 10 they'll die like the old ones.

Personally i wouldnt mind to pay for the new format, as long as it wasnt called a GC, it should be called platinum. More importantly it should not be created more than 4 times a year, TOPS. Its the vast expansion in the amount of GC's that has caused the sense that they have lost exclusivity and the % of these GC's that are reserve is what is ruffling feathers, if only 3/4 were created each year im sure people wouldnt mind.

Now on to my own suggestion, somebody a few pages back discussed the issue of people quitting all the time, and that the % of managed clubs needs to be addressed.

Well for starters, for obvious reasons if the new format is created only rarely and the very fact it is a new format, managers should be keen to join and more importantly stay.

But maybe, in this new format, or across the board, have a system similar to the new FIFA.

That is, in regards to Badges.

you could potentially create a list of badges, both of a positive nature and a slightly negative one. If other interactive games can do it , why cant you ?

Have badges for being loyal to a club

and for not being loyal ( eg having a low average numbers of game per club )

You could expand this for several other areas of the game and display them on the profile, id love to try and get a full house of badges ( of positive ones :D )

I think definitely, SM should make GC's free again.

I came back last week to see that GC143 was being made, I clicked on Barcelona and it said reserve club?

I was ecstatic from getting so close to Barcelona, I've already paid for GM and a couple of setups, I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna pay to reserve a club. It's a completely understandable way of making money, but that's just me.

A new format for people with a reputation 75+ would be a good idea. The managers would be more experienced, and if we make every second one reserve, well hey, it's more business for SM.

But I definitely think that some GC's should be made Public Open from the start(like it was back then). Maybe every second one being reserve eg., GC144 - Public /GC145 - Reserve/GC146 - Public/, etc.

One thing to add. Don't let cheats and other scumbags into GC's. It is annoying to see people with 20 rep with big teams. What happened to the days when no one below 40 were allowed in? I was even lied to by SM when they said people with 39 rep or below weren't allowed in after I reported someone.

Yeah free GC's is the only way forward. I can't see any difference in GC's if you add in new leagues but still charge. Only good/decent teams are paid for and new leagues don't have them.

Would love an Irish league though. Would defo join as Sligo Rovers :D

Like like like like like like like like. I would go for Shamrock Rovers!

I also believe the new Gold Championships should be called Platinum Championships to restore some uniqueness to be being a Gold Member.

fewer GC game worlds - half them are empty.

because.........

you're making people pay for reserving clubs.... stop fleecing your customers. treat them with respect and you'll reap the benefit

That's a 100% solid gold' date=' Maurice Fitzsimmons [b']guarantee[/b]

They are not fleecing their customers, by no means does ANYONE have to pay for a club, they can enter it after for free.

:rolleyes:

Its a legitimate business idea, just the frequency of reserve ones need to be reduced, drastically.

They are empty because of the number of GC's, not the paying of teams, if anything people should want to stay with a team because they have parted with money.

They are not fleecing their customers' date=' by no means does ANYONE have to pay for a club, they can enter it after for free.

:rolleyes:

Its a legitimate business idea, just the frequency of reserve ones need to be reduced, drastically.

They are empty because of the number of GC's, not the paying of teams, if anything people should want to stay with a team because they have parted with money.[/quote']

I agree with your first bit

but a free GC is not going to have the best teams taken when it is opened which makes SM a lot more active for them.

I agree with your first bit

but a free GC is not going to have the best teams taken when it is opened which makes SM a lot more active for them.

Sorry are you suggesting big teams will be available because its free :confused:

EDIT: Barry i dont see the point your making at all :o

Sorry are you suggesting big teams will be available because its free :confused:

EDIT: Barry i dont see the point your making at all :o

haha sorry didn't come out as I wanted it too :P

What I mean is that when a free gc is opened no teams are taken, any GM can get Barca for example. And they are usually more full as a result because bids can be made straight away etc

But when a reserve GC is opened all the top teams are gone when it is opened for free.

can we not go back to how it used to be when s/m stated in advance the date and time of g/c creation

giving a fair chance to all

or can this not be done now ??

these g/c 's are mostly made while members have gone to bed or are away from the p/c or not not logged on to s/m

i fail to see how its fair for all to get the club they would like or a least have a chance with the current format

it seems you get a decent or top side in a g/c by kind of or just stumbling upon the set up by accident

can we not go back to how it used to be when s/m stated in advance the date and time of g/c creation

giving a fair chance to all

or can this not be done now ??

these g/c 's are mostly made while members have gone to bed or are away from the p/c or not not logged on to s/m

i fail to see how its fair for all to get the club they would like or a least have a chance with the current format

it seems you get a decent or top side in a g/c by kind of or just stumbling upon the set up by accident

Or by being sad enough to check the available teams thread once every 5 minutes.

I think this is an important point. I'd really like to see a better way of allocating the teams when the setup is opened rather than first come gets the team.