New Gold Championship Version(s)

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Re: New Gold Championship Version(s)

I must disagree Stuart' date=' if there is a new proposed GC format, then how often the creation of the new GC's occurs is entirely relevant.

I love the current format, I just hate playing in a league that starts with 15 human managers, then 5 days later when a new GC is created it becomes 10 as 5 drift off to find a better starting club, then 5 days later it becomes 5... and so on.

If SM don't address the frequency of the creation with the new format it will very quickly become like current GCs.

Take GC143 into account

currently 246 out of 414 clubs are taken. 60%. That's quite busy...

but then look at GC 142 193/414 47% taken... and then take one a few more weeks old...

GC139 where you have 160/414 taken or 39%.

The figures are undeniable, it's not the format that's the issue it's the fact that the gameworlds become mundane as soon as another 3 or 4 GC's are created in the next few weeks.[/quote']

You're preaching to the preacher :D

I completely agree that too many game-worlds are being made but I don't think here is the place to discuss it. The thread title immediately made me think reformatting and not general improvement :o

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must disagree Stuart' date=' if there is a new proposed GC format, then how often the creation of the new GC's occurs is entirely relevant.

I love the current format, I just hate playing in a league that starts with 15 human managers, then 5 days later when a new GC is created it becomes 10 as 5 drift off to find a better starting club, then 5 days later it becomes 5... and so on.

If SM don't address the frequency of the creation with the new format it will very quickly become like current GCs.

Take GC143 into account

currently 246 out of 414 clubs are taken. 60%. That's quite busy...

but then look at GC 142 193/414 47% taken... and then take one a few more weeks old...

GC139 where you have 160/414 taken or 39%.

[b']The figures are undeniable[/b], it's not the format that's the issue it's the fact that the gameworlds become mundane as soon as another 3 or 4 GC's are created in the next few weeks.

It's sad but true.

GC's wither away so quickly nowadays.

For example In GC 82 it has the same number of managers as WC 10000. This is ludicrous for a supposedly exclusive 'Gold' set-up.

There are many many GC's with less than 100 people involved.

The frequency is really the MAIN issue that needs sorting out.

All the new GC here suggests is adding more teams, which if a lot of these set-ups are made then there will be more unmanaged teams.

• 2 weeks later...

just looged on at 7 pm to find gold 144 was created 7 and a half hours ago and the top 56 teams are gone

can s/m please explain how i and many others had a fair chance at a decent team please

i to be honest dont care about the structure of it all how many teams of leagues just notice of a creation time

is this too much to ask

at the moment its just a case of oh look i have stumbled upon ac milan or inter in a gold championship

Are we going to get any further news on this or are you trying to let this idea slide just like the PC idea?

You should follow SM on twitter ;)

Had a good meeting re a new Gold Championship template & think what we have decided will work & make each different. about 22 hours ago via web

You should AT LEAST make the FIRST new GC FREE! Its been since GC131 that the last free GC was created! :mad:

http://blog.soccermanager.com/messages/messages-gold-championships-3.html

You said it would only be rare for GC's to be reserve ones. ^^^^

Can you please reply to this and stop ignoring everyone asking for free GC's, yes SM is a business but at this stage money is ruining SM.

• 2 weeks later...

The new Gold Championship version will be introduced shortly along with several other improvements/features for Gold Managers.

Does that mean it will be in GC147? I can't' date=' Im going to go for one of the new teams. [b']And could you please answer this? I honestly dont mind reserve GC's but could it be possible to make the forist ''New GC'' free as we havent had a free GC snce GC131 :o If not its ok just please do not ignore this questio[/b]n.

• 2 months later...