Rafael van der Vaart

berwickranger

I've been wanting to post this thread for weeks, but I've been telling myself to reserve judgement incase he loses form or something. BUT NOW I'VE SNAPPED. The guy has been brilliant in almost every game he's played for Tottenham so far. I honestly don't know why Real never gave him a proper chance, he is clearly something special. I'd go as far to say that he's one of the top three technical players in the world. Tottenham have picked up the bargain of the season for a mere £8m. As for his rating, Keane reached 92 at Tottenham while they weren't in the Champions League. So with van der Vaart being a level above Keane and playing in the Champions League, I don't see a 93 being out of the question at all. As for now I'd say his rating will stay at 92 with a 20% chance of a 93. If he continues to play like this all the way until the changes and Tottenham stick in the Champions League, I think a 93 is nailed on for him.

Re: Rafael van der Vaart

He has been outstanding so far - playing with truly world-class ability. It's not until I'd seen him in recent matches that I appreciated how much better he was than another top player like Modric (who himself should be a 92 contender if he sorts his form out).

If only Lennon came back to his pre-injury form then Spurs would have one of the best attacking midfields in world football in Bale - VDV - Lennon.

• 2 months later...

Van der Vaarts current rating is a joke..compare him to someone like Busquets or Toulalan who are at 93? He's been a key player in almost every Spurs game up till now and aswell as everyone Holland game since the WC.

Difference is Busquets and Toulalan were playing CL regularly for their clubs and Busquets has a WC winners medal. Van Der Vaart is a great player, I have always really liked him but this is the first season he has played regularly for a long while, give SM time, there is no point moaning about his rating when SM only just finished the last lot, if by the next changes he has kept up his form and Tottenham do well, and he doesn't receive a rise, I will be the first on here posting this thread

', Van der Vaart still 92'

'blah, blah, rave, Van Der Vaart at 92, rave, rave, blah, blah, better than blah, blah, stuff SM, rave, rave, etc.'

Van der Vaarts current rating is a joke..compare him to someone like Busquets or Toulalan who are at 93? He's been a key player in almost every Spurs game up till now and aswell as everyone Holland game since the WC.

come on people use some common sense.

before this season he was a NOBODY.

busquets has won the world cup, champions league and been a consistent starter for 2 years now with no looks of things to change.

club and country (best 2 teams in the world) he is the first name down on the team sheet in his position.

and your asking why VDV is less rated ?

because he has won nothing. nothing at all you name me one thing he has done ?

oh wow one good season and people rave on about him like he is ronaldo.

if you do not accept this as fact, you do not know how SM work and it is simple as that.

VDV is more attacking, has one good season and we all remember his great goals.

lets ignore the more defensive busquets who has won every major trpohy recently. using that logic.....WHY IS VIDIC 96 ? HE HAS ONLY SCORED 3 THIS SEASON WTH SM ! :mad::mad:

end of debate. if VDV keeps it up he can rise next time, but him not being 93 now is pretty obvious to me if i am perfectly honest.

come on people use some common sense.

before this season he was a NOBODY.

busquets has won the world cup' date=' champions league and been a consistent starter for 2 years now with no looks of things to change.

club and country (best 2 teams in the world) he is the first name down on the team sheet in his position.

and your asking why VDV is less rated ?

because he has won nothing. nothing at all you name me one thing he has done ?

oh wow one good season and people rave on about him like he is ronaldo.

if you do not accept this as fact, you do not know how SM work and it is simple as that.

VDV is more attacking, has one good season and we all remember his great goals.

lets ignore the more defensive busquets who has won every major trpohy recently. using that logic.....WHY IS VIDIC 96 ? HE HAS ONLY SCORED 3 THIS SEASON WTH SM ! :mad::mad:

end of debate. if VDV keeps it up he can rise next time, but him not being 93 now is pretty obvious to me if i am perfectly honest.[/quote']

VDV a nobody?

His 3 excellent seasons with hamburger earn't him a spot at Real Madrid worth 13million, his excellent season in 2008 earned him a nomination for the FIFA Ballon d'Or, in 2009 an injury to Kaka made VDV establish himself as the key player for madrid and now he plays for an excellent Tottenham side.

Busquets deserves a 94 and it should happen, this gives players like VDV to rise to 93.

VDV a nobody?

His 3 excellent seasons with hamburger earn't him a spot at Real Madrid worth 13million' date=' his excellent season in 2008 earned him a nomination for the FIFA Ballon d'Or, in 2009 an injury to Kaka made VDV establish himself as the key player for madrid and now he plays for an excellent Tottenham side.

Busquets deserves a 94 and it should happen, this gives players like VDV to rise to 93.[/quote']

he is a nobody, i mean i always thought he was a good player.

at madrid i thought robben, him and sneijder were all quality.

i can gaurentee you madrid would be regretting selling them if it wasnt for mourinho and him gelling the team together so well. anyway, ok VDV was not a nobody but people calling for him to rise and saying it is an outrage come on.

he was hit and miss, good and bad and couldnt nail a starting spot.

i fully believe he is 93 potential, im just saying to those who are makign a big deal out of him not being 93 it is obvious why so stop winging.

you agree with that right ?

i take back he wasnt a nobody, but it is flipping obvious to me why he is not 93.

What did Van Der Vaart do today exactly?

Big game bottler as per usual.

hmm. in the same way, rooney, berbatov, bale, fletcher, modric, nani and lennon all " flopped." it was a day of defences. VDV has not flopped at all this season pretty harsh to say he has. not scoring against the top 5 defences in the world is understandable.

Arsenal?

I said big team.

Do try and keep up.

yeah he should try harder to keep up

Arsenal is a small team and Swamsea City is the BIGGEST team in the Championship league

anyway, on topic

i will say this again for god knows how many times i had repeat myself already, like it or not, SM will give him a rise soon and that is a fact and you know that full stop.

hmm. in the same way' date=' rooney, berbatov, bale, fletcher, modric, nani and lennon all " flopped." it was a day of defences. VDV has not flopped at all this season pretty harsh to say he has. not scoring against the top 5 defences in the world is understandable.[/quote']

The difference being every single one of those players has performed in big games in the past. Van Der Vaart rarely performs in them if at all. Against United Modric as usual made him look average.

I don't even need to prove myself. The fact that for Holland he has never scored in an international tournament at senior level says it all. I won't even begin to name all the big games he hasn't performed in.

92 is fine at a fringe champions league club considering he was lucky to still be carrying that rating in Spain.

On 10 June 2005, Van der Vaart married Sylvie van der Vaart (née Meis) and on 28 May 2006, their son Damián Rafael was born. Some of the media have described the couple as the "new Beckhams" but both of them denied the claims saying that they prefer to just live a normal life.

In the summer of 2009, Real Madrid wanted to sell Van der Vaart, but the player decided to stay in Madrid because his wife was undergoing cancer treatment there. A year later, upon his move to England, Van der Vaart stated "She had a very serious illness and it is true that she had to be treated at the Clinica Quiron. Last season, they wanted me to leave but I couldn't leave for that reason. Now she is well and the only thing that happened was that Madrid wanted to sell and I wanted to get back to enjoying playing football, and Tottenham are a great team that are going to give me the football opportunities that I need.

maybe that should explained why he is not doing "that well" in madrid

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafael_van_der_Vaart

A team winning trophies i imagine. Chelsea' date=' United e.t.c.

Or a top international team.[/quote']

arsenal are still a very good team. regardless. they fail to perform against the best and have the occasional blip eg wigan but who dosn't. ask any player they will say arsenal is in the top 10 clubs in the world. easily. strange statement saying arsenal are not a big team when they are the top 3 in their league right now:confused:

The difference being every single one of those players has performed in big games in the past. Van Der Vaart rarely performs in them if at all. Against United Modric as usual made him look average.

I don't even need to prove myself. The fact that for Holland he has never scored in an international tournament at senior level says it all. I won't even begin to name all the big games he hasn't performed in.

92 is fine at a fringe champions league club considering he was lucky to still be carrying that rating in Spain.

VDV has not been able to prove himself in many big games.......

only time will tell but he has been very good and statements such as arsenal not being a big team lead me to believe you have some grudge against VDV. and its just bizarre end of really.

sorry but that statement dosn't add up to me.

seems like you want VDV to individually beat barca and spain by himself before you will admit he is playing against a big team.

arsenal could go 2nd in the league. if that isn't a big team wow !