Who are you? - the forumers interviews

Smartdoc

Re: Who are you? - the forumers interviews

.TRGAWHFC★[RV] is a jolly Scottish/Italian member who generally has a friendly demeanour, but has been known to stick the boot in on occasion. Here's his interview:

What team do you support and how long have you supported them?

Liverpool and Hibernian (hence the name; TheRealGreenAndWhiteHFC), but for the purpose of this interview I'll just go with Hibs. I've supported them since I was infantile.

Why do you follow this team?

This, I suppose, is because my father supports them and took my to games when I was younger.

Who is your favourite player (current and/or all time)?

The one and only Filippo Inzaghi.

Which match do you recall most fondly?

Going to have to go with the Istanbul UCL Final of 2005, when Paolo Maldini & Hernan Crespo (x2) looked to have put Liverpool to bed before halftime, before an inspired comeback by the Red's and heroics from 'Dodgy Dudek'.

Which is your favourite SM team currently and why?

I don't really pick favourites, but if I had to Atletico Madrid in GC64 would have to be chosen because:

a) I've been them for quite some time (over a year methinks, that is a hell of a long time for my standards :|) and they were my first 'huge' club in a GC.

B) The squad that I have created (even if I do say so myself) is brilliant, and can boast players such as Diego Milito & Walter Samuel, whilst also possessing great young talents such as Kjaer & Bacinovic.

What do you consider your greatest SM achievement?

Winning the SMFA Cup with my first GC team in Shakhtar Donetsk, whom I had in GC56 and won the trophy in the 2nd season.

What do you like and dislike about SM?

I like how simple SM is/was and how easily playable it is. Also, it is great to be able to interact with so many other managers and so quickly easily (the forum enhances this). Also, it's very addictive and I'm easily hooked when it comes to football management games!

However, I believe SM has taken a few turns for the worse with some of its new 'improvements'. For example, I hate the idea of player concerns as it defeats the purpose of what I believe SM has over FM, and that is the fact that there are no boundaries and you don't/didn't have to handle unhappy players, or unsettled players who can't adapt to the country. Whereas FM has the realism value on SM, which I believe SM are trying to mimic (slightly), which is not improving the game. Also, I despise the inconsistencies shown when dealing with 'cheats'.

What is your favourite past-time?

Playing football, golf and football management games are all up there! :o

What sort of music do you like?

I like music of the metalcore, rock, alternate, indie etc. variety, e.g. Slipknot, Bring Me The Horizon, YouMeAtSix.

If you could be a star in any movie (character/actor), who would you be and why?

I'd be the Transporter..I'd love to have a car as amazing as his and also be as organised as he is!

Who is your ideal date?

Hayley Williams. I just love the girl, she's very pretty and she can sing, what more do you want?

ima...82_500_388.jpg

What do you do now in real life and where do you see yourself in 5 years time?

Atm I'm in 4th year at Secondary School (Year 11 equivalent). In 5 years I hope to be doing a university course of some sort, most probably accountacy of some form. Journalism is on the cards, though.

Romano is a very Italian sounding name. How did you end up in Scotland and do you have more of a Scottish or Italian accent?

Well, I'm not entirely sure. :o My mum is 100% Scottish, whereas I think one (or both) of my dad's parents were Italian. I am named after him. He also owns a chipshop, which is strange as there are chipshops in Kirkcaldy named 'Romano's' & 'Valente's', but none of which are owned by him. Just thought I'd add that in, for novelty value (?). :P

Will there ever be a new 'Pippo' Inzaghi and who is the closest you have seen to him?

No. No-one can ever replace the legend that is Pippo. But, I personally think that Kiko Macheda is in the same mould. There are many similarities, including their shortened forenames (Filippo -> Pippo, Federico -> Kiko) and both are often used as impact subs, proving clinical when the pressure is on. I believe the hype around Kiko is warranted, and he could well be a star of the future. We will just have to wait and see!

If you had one wish granted to you, what would you wish for?

More wishes ...I'd wish that I was left footed, 6'1", had an awesome physique so that I could be a decent Leftback!

Is 3rd place the best you will ever be able to wish for as a Hibernian fan or is a revolution coming?

Seeing as I'm a realist, no I do not see us breaking the top 2, unless something like new owners come in who spend alot of cash (in SPL terms) on the team. However, I'd be contented if Hibs could qualify for the Europa League one year, and hopefully get as far as the group stages! Wishful thiking, I know, but it would be great to witness some European football at Easter Road. ;)

So, Romano is still hoping for a late growth boost to help his physique but at the same time is a realist about his teams potential for success. Also a possible journalist in the making? :)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I appreciate the comments guys and take them on board. I will be slowing down a little in due course. Don't worry about the frequency of interviews and the risk of running out of forum members as I already have a set of questions for the 2nd interview for everyone when that time is approaching. It's also important not to just use regular forumers as something like this could build the community and bring new members in :) .

Also a big apology to Romano' date=' who I announced as an upcoming interview and whose interview I somehow missed out :o . Yours will be up after Toonfanfor life. Will then go with Tom's idea of not revealing the next interviewee and see how that works :)[/quote']

Fair enough - it's your own project, I'm just trying to be helpful. Also, by not revealing the next one, I suggested you'd leave clues, so we'd be guessing as if you don't write anything, IMO, it's not working all that well.

after all' date=' within the last twelve months he opted to kill me, and labelled me annoying, arrogant and unfunny.:rolleyes:[/color']

Well, that was more of a general comment about all the British public barring Daniel and Lee :rolleyes: You don't have to know the person to want to kill him due to him being annoying, unfunny and arrogant :o But seriously, who are you? :confused:

Yes, Sean, I'm kidding... Sort of... Can you remind me what was your name before?

Dermo is a Liverpool and Republic of Ireland fan and a well-rounded member of the forum. Here's his interview:

I have followed Liverpool for most of my life, although as I have grown older, I am more neutral, and just enjoy watching a good game of football.

When Irish TV showed games, this is around 86/87 onwards from my earliest memories, Liverpool were focused on a lot. Come Saturday, at 3, I was sat in front of the TV watching. This is a little bit before soccer really took a hold in Ireland around the start of the Charlton era culminating in the 1988 Euro's. Liverpool were easy the best team to watch, and been an Irish city of sorts with a few internationals in the team, then they were an easy choice. And when you are really young, a winning team is a massive help. Lots of friends were as well.

I remember when I was younger, I used to be Ray Houghton on the pitch. He was an exciting wide right player in the late 80's, best known for his winning header scored against England in 1988. :D And his winning strike against Italy in 1994. I just liked his style, and his position on the pitch at that time. At the moment, I am neutral, I just like watching good players on form. Actually, I remember Zola in Italy from the 1 hour channel 4 show, and more recently playing for Chelsea. There are many great players though, Paul McGrath also...

I don't know. I would pip an Irish victory in the major competitions over a Liverpool win today, but when I was younger, maybe on TV watching Liverpool demolish Crystal Palace 9-0. I have more bad memories that stick out in my mind than the usual victory of the time. 1988 cup final, tragedy a year later, Liverpool v Arsenal final game of 1989. It's not one match, but, maybe in 1989/1990, and overhauling my younger brother's team, Aston Villa to win the Championship. :D

Huddersfield Town in EC106. For similar reasons to Sean above. I was sick of the usual setups being too easy. I remember asking on the forums for tougher setups. So, I was told EC106, and I had a look, and most teams were taken. Huddersfield Town were close to the original squad, whatever that may have been, and they had 2 top players, Sinama Pongolle and Gokhan Inler. A good sized stadium was the key, as I could afford to build up a good squad.

Those 2 were sold off for big money, and using wise p/e's and cash, I brought in some old 84/85's to improve the overall rating, along with as many low risers and good affordable 80's youngsters as I could find. There was competition for risers, but nothing like it is today, or a year ago. After TB's were up, I was near top of the league, and oldies went out for better, younger versions, and on and on.

The community of EC106 is just brilliant, and it is the toughest of any setup I have been in, to get results, and to sign any promising players. There are 30 or 40 teams active in the market and scouting at times, and that mean's I miss a lot of good players, and I feel more elated when I get a few myself. :)

With Huddersfield Town, promotion in my first season to division 2, then promotion after two seasons, and promotion to division 1 after 2 seasons, and 2 cup semi-finals has been a decent success. Division 1 is tough, so winning that won't happen anytime soon, but a cup final and/or win an maybe Europe next season would be my biggest success, perhaps?

I like a lot of things, I do love bringing in the best players that I can, and I do love taking part in the forums where I meet some top people.

Things I dislike, sometimes stuff like the match results are a bit to random, like many random numbers running at the same time to give a result, player match rating, an injury and how long it's for. It can be improved upon, but overall the cream does tend to rise to the top. But I should not be able to beat a strong team if I forget to change my tactics after a bender the night before, and I should be well able to beat a lower placed team who are playing unfit players. And the tactics, I can see how a team played last game, but I cannot see as easily in the tactics screen, how he has played the last few matches. That would be a big improvement. :)

I spend a lot of time here, but in the summer (I live in Boston, MA, so the good weather is for 7 or 8 months) I love doing anything in the outdoors, kayaking, driving up to the mountains, or along the coast and exploring all the quiet spots and finding new stuff, cycling a lot. I love going to the big museums around the place, I'm like a child watching a demonstration of electricity at the Museum of Science. I love movies as well, not the big screen blockbuster stuff, but a lot of independent and foreign cinema, and a lot of the old stuff as well. Too many to name, but Hitchcock is a good starting point, or Takashi Miike and David Fincher for the weird stuff. :)

Almost anything good, and I post a lot on the "I'm listening" thread. I am more of somebody who tries to find good old stuff that I haven't heard, rather than being someone who is always looking out for the next big thing or constantly listening to new stuff. I listen to the new stuff when it's passed over as old. Like I said, almost anything, but some types of music I do not like, and it tends to be the stuff where when you watch a video, there is a woman shaking her bottom at you for half the video. :D

If you could be a star in any movie (character/actor), who would you be and why?

Good question, and the answer would be, any actor who chooses to do films all over the globe to act in. Traveling is a brilliant thing. I play a missionary to Brazil, a cop in South Africa, a madman in Sydney, anybody who gets to do these roles is good. Or, John Cusack in "Grosse Pointe Blank."

Who is your ideal date?

Depending on when exactly this date is, my girlfriend would be my perfect date.

Still studying, going towards a pHd, and hopefully with good work on the side. Maybe living back in Ireland, or abroad in Japan, France or Australia, or more likely, getting a great home in Maine or New Hamshire for her, and California for me, so that the weather is never below 16 in the winter and I get to do lot's of outside stuff.

What would your friends say about you if we ever met them?

That I'm sound.

Who do you see as the most promising young stars for your club side and international side?

For Liverpool now. Well, I don't see many getting a decent amount of gametime right now. Dani Pacheco, Daniel Ayala and Martin Kelly could be playing a bit more. A few more could get cup starts or sub on's.

For Ireland. Well, we are not the great power of 88-94 when there were many players to choose from. I would love for Stephen Ireland to come back, and Andy Reid to be given a chance.

Seamus Coleman has been impressive, Owen Garvan has been impressive also, David Meyler outside of injury is a starter for Sunderland, and James McCarthy could become a great player in the future.

World peace? Seriously, I don't have any at the moment which fits the bill, although I will be wishing when some exams are getting reviewed in the future.

Either tell us the most embarassing thing which has happened to you or tell us something about you that we won't know of?

Well, embarassing things are 10 a penny. In my earlier years at school, someone came up behind me and pull my pants down in front of the entire class that was watching. That's just an early one, how about, sitting in a booth at a restaurant, and I remarked how the waitress must have had some problems growing up with stuff, and a second later, she was there to fill up our glasses. That was a moment whereby I wished the ground could swallow me up.

Someone who clearly would love a job involving travelling around the world long-term and loves adventurous hobbies. Also not afraid to check out differing genre of films :)

Next up is JinxMillion, one of our prominent Scandinavian members. A proud Dane who has a wealth of knowledge on Serie A.

JinxMillion seems to always make sensible and well-constructed posts. For those who have not come accross him on the forum, here's a little bit about him:

I follow quite a lot of different teams, but if I am to name one, it would have to be Lazio. I have supported Lazio since 1993.

This may sound like a lame reason, but I used to play with Lazio when I played Sensible Soccer as a kid. I was drawn to players like Boksic, Signori, Casiraghi, Winter, Di Matteo and a very young Nesta, who was just promoted from their youth team at the time.

My initial interest in Lazio as a Sensible Soccer team somehow evolved into me following them in real life. They are probably also the reason that I follow Italian football so closely now.

My current favorite player has got to be Javier Pastore of Palermo. He is a joy to watch and in my eyes the biggest talent in Italy. Honorable mention to Hernanes from Lazio. He has been an amazing signing for the Rome club and a much needed addition to Serie A.

My all time favorite player is Michael Laudrup. It's a travesty that he never won the Ballon D'Or. Pavel Nedved also has a special place in my heart.

Euro 1992 final, Germany-Denmark. The reasons are probably quite obvious with me being a Dane.

I remember the streets were flooded with people singing, chanting, drinking, hugging and so on. It was crazy! We joined the masses in Copenhagen's central square to celebrate. I have never seen so many people in my life. I was merely a little boy, so it was quite intimidating on some level. I'll probably never experience something like that again, but it is certainly something I'll remember for a long time.

My favorite team right now is probably my Shrewsbury team in EC5579. First of all because it's a great set-up full of talented managers/forumers.

Season 2 has just finished and Shrewsbury grabbed their second title and promotion in as many years. Division 2 up next. I really enjoy taking small teams and building them into powerhouses.

Sassuolo, GC68, which was my first Gold Championship ever.

That first season I grabbed 1st place, obviously promotion and the Italian Shield title knocking out teams like Fiorentina and Lazio. In season two, I finished 3rd in Serie A and became runners-up in the SMFA Shield, losing to Bayern in the final.

I like the social element of SM. I like that people are what makes this game so much fun. I like that the ratings mirror football in real life and the fact that you can spot talents before they become big names.

I am going to get in line behind Fitzy and say my biggest dislike is the SM-Support. I have had some rather annoying experiences.

I have so many. I enjoy playing football with my mates, surfing when I'm abroad, cooking, fine dining, traveling, going to the movies, smoking cigars, watching a good game with an ice cold beer and a bowl of peanuts etc. etc.

I have a really broad taste in music, but I mostly listen to rock and hip hop on my iPod.

Hmm, maybe one of the three groomsmen (characters, not actors) from The Hangover. The idea of a road trip with my best friends, Las Vegas, clubs, parties, drinks, strippers, gambling and so on is oddly appealing to me.

Who is your ideal date?

Jennifer Connelly. I'm a big sucker for that face. I developed a crush on her a long time ago and she has some how almost gotten hotter since.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRID3LiwEtpuRVXIRsGw4DpM8htOjoy2aPPxTDUQAplOQwxzgE&t=1&usg=__I8V-08WJVd5MGbibw5bqHhFxkwY=

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvb9QZjlElIBlEgPzzmiR7FgrNZs9u03zeXy1e9ksJpcvQkPk&t=1&h=197&w=141&usg=___URP_5Vbh9g_ySQ0fWJjD98qaUE=

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmyXtwZ4q1-AEcJ6LYF8oqhhUoahXbE0w4ksG2VTqeOBUeSFw&t=1&usg=__eg5PRAN-wV9pgp21_rJVCOtcImg=

I recently got my master's degree in Human Resource Management. I specialized in the field organizational development and I am currently working as a business consultant.

Five years from now I hope to be well-established in my private life and successful in my professional life.

Your posts are always well written and knowledgeable. Are you the intelligent one amongst your friends or would they say something else?

Thank you for the compliment. Of course I'm more intelligent than my friends and of course they would argue the opposite. ;)

Jokes aside, I don't perceive myself to be more or less intelligent than my friends. I just try to be proper and logical in my arguments.

As a follower of Serie A, what would you say to EPL and La Liga fans who say the standard of Serie A is way below the other two leagues?

I understand the reasoning behind such statements.

The quality of the teams plying their trade in any league is influenced by funding. That implies that money more or less determines the level of play in the respective leagues. The lack of the financial support and the poor average attendances in Serie A, compared to that of EPL and La Liga, has instigated the decline of Serie A.

I enjoy Serie A because I believe it offers a very tactical style of football compared to the other big leagues.

I would wish that the human life expectancy would double so that I could experience two lifetimes.

Do you get to see much football in Copenhagen and do you see any signs of a golden generation of Danes who can excel at international level returning?

I probably watch five or six live matches a season, so it's not like I'm an expert. There are definitely some huge talents out there, but I don't see any ever reaching the level of Laudrup or Schmeichel.

So JinxMillion appears to be heading in the right direction to having a successful career in business management, but in his spare times his hobbies are those of someone who is just one of the lads :)

A quick note to say I now have built up a little bit of a waiting list. Please don't worry if you have been promised an interview and have not yet received any questions, they will come in the next few days.

The next interview I'll be posting will be one of our more successful GC managers on the game :)

Thanks for bringing this back Smarty, I'm really enjoying getting to know some of the community a little bit better. I've loved the last two in particular, as they are two of my favourite forumers on here - as I'm sure they know. But every interview has been great, and I await with relish for the next one.

Keep up the good work. :)

AsianInvasian or Kuldeep to those who know him a little better, is one of the most down-to-earth and modest members of our forum. One of the forerunners in terms of most gold championship winning honours, here's a little more about him:

Manchester United, as long as I was old enough to know what was going on.

My first two words were 'Manchester United' and my dad is good friends with Fergie.

Nah, honestly, I started supported them for glory reasons (so I don't really count myself as a fan, just a supporter). Everytime I watched football on television, they always seemed to be playing, my dad didn't really support any football team, so I just thought I might as well support these lot because I can watch them pretty often. Been to Old Trafford a couple of times, but nowhere near as much as I would have liked to. Looking back on it I wish I supported someone closer to home, so I could have gone to more matches, drove past the Hawthorns pretty much every Saturday when visiting my Gran, so have a soft spot for the Baggies and have went to quite a few of their matches, but I made a choice and I will have to stick with it, through the good (its pretty much been all good :D) and the bad (which I fear may be soon).

Probably Scholes, he's such a good professional and a good person, never hear about him in the gossip columns and has always done his best for United.

Absolutely love Tuncay too, he's capable of the absolute brilliant (hattrick v United and others) but is usually just rubbish :D

The Champions League Final in the 98/99 season, for all the wrong reasons. I was on holiday in Cyprus at the time, and the night we were leaving was game night, managed to catch the first 80 minutes or so of the game, and then we boarded the coach, I was on a bit of a downer because they were 1-0 down with not long left. On our way to the airport we had to pick up more people from different hotels, the next hotel was like half an hour away, and all I remember seeing was United collecting medals, at the time I thought they were the losers medals. Got back home, saw the front pages of a newspaper and was just...:eek:(that smiley pretty much sums it up).

Will always be Roma in Gold Championship 13, the setup isn't as active as some, but it was the first GC team I had from the start of a setup, and my first big team too. Put together quite a nice squad and have won a lot of trophies with them, including Serie A five times on the bounce including a couple of domestic trebles (cup + shield + league). Its definitely not my best squad or my best first team, but its still my favourite none-the-less.

Maybe winning my first Champs Cup after losing a load of finals/semi-finals, but it was with a Real Madrid, so not that special. I was quite proud of my Leeds squad in EC833, worth over £700m but quit them recently due to time constraints.

Although I think my best achievement was the first team I've put together in GC22 with my Inter, two players off making a full 95+ team and this was pre-Quaresma, Sneijder, Milito etc. Have a half-decent second XI too, although lacking in certain areas!

I love the squad building we can do on SM, I quite enjoy putting teams together and doing deals with other managers (even though most of them now are unapproachable).

Not a fan of them churning out GC after GC, or promising certain features and then not delivering. I don't mind them charging for sides, as they're a business and they need to cover costs etc, although I wouldn't pay for a side just out of principle (unless they're making Platinums pay-to-enter, then I may reconsider). Also teams scoring every shot on target against me and my Goalkeeper still getting a rating of 7 or higher annoys me a lot, mainly because it happens too often!

My PS3 gets a lot of use now that I'm at Uni and have a lot more spare time, really enjoy playing football with my mates too. Don't really play seriously, just play to have a laugh, mainly because we'd probably get destroyed if we played anyone decent :D.

Rap/Hip-hop is what I usually listen to (influenced by my cousin's Tupac and Biggie cassettes :D), although if it sounds good I'll listen to it.

White Power Ranger (Tommy) in the first Power Rangers movie (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers The Movie, or something like that). It was the first movie I ever watched in the cinema and was my favourite show when I was a kid, and he got the girl, who I was fond of.

Who is your idea date? celebrity - a link to a picture of him/her preferrable but not essential

Mila Kunis:

mila-kunis.jpg

So hot, and a bit of a geek too, so probably has a mental age of above 10 unlike most of the other hot girls :o.

I'm studying Accounting and Finance at Birmingham University, and am in Year two of my studies. Hopefully in 5 years time I will be at one of the big 4 accounting firms, finishing off my professional exams to become a chartered accountant.

You seem a modest chap who is liked by most who encounter you. Is that a true reflection of your nature?

Thanks. I guess so, not sure what else I can say, it was just how I was raised, I show respect to people who respect me.

What did you make of the whole Wayne Rooney saga and are you now wary of him?

He was on so much money already, and he created this situation to get even more, kind of disappointed that Fergie gave into his and his agent's demands, but when in form he's a fantastic player, I'll support him on the pitch for England and United, but don't really think much of him now as a man. Nowadays pretty much every footballer is like this though, they just want the best payday (Benoit Assou-Ekotto admitted he's a mercenary, he plays football for money not the love of it, I kind of rate him for those comments, because he's not pretending to be someone he's not). Don't see too many De Rossi's/Totti's who are loyal to their club no matter what.

Errrr, to have more wishes? :P

I'd probably wish that me and my family have 'good' lives, don't have to worry about money, live long healthy lives etc.

You're one of the most successful managers on SM in terms of your success in Gold championships (honours and team building). What's your secret and what tips would you give the rest of us lagging behind?

Thanks again. To build great teams, you have to be kind of tight when doing deals (just look at teb :P), and you have to know about the players you're buying either through the forum or your own knowledge (it also helps when Mark tips you off in advance about the great Brazilian talent). I find its easy to build teams if you put the effort (scouting/PMing for deals/offering deals out etc) in.

Winning honours is much harder, and I'm probably not the best person to give advice on it seeing as I probably have more runners-ups than winning honours and have a history of bottling it in the real big games (Champs Cup Final success record is a miserable 33%). I tested out lots of formations when I was new to the game, and I've stuck with them (5-4-1 and 3-5-2 are the two I use the most, the instructions are pretty important too!), you've just got to find a system that works for you and then build a team around that system, not build a system around the team.

So, very much a modest person who's looking to get into the illustrious field of Chartered accountancy. Totally honest in admitting he is more of a supporter than a hard-core fan :)

Next up is a lesser known name of the forum who believes his home town club are a sleeping giant that can rise to the top again.

Sky Blue Gould is, as his name suggests, a Coventry city follower. He tells us a little bit about himself and his club here:

I'm a life-long Coventry City fan. Have been going to their games since i was a little boy. Some will know i also have an interest in Chelsea after a game in 97 where Chelsea had to wear Coventry's away kit and we went on to beat them 3-1. Not sure why i took such an interest in them from that day on but for some reason i did. Coventry will always be my number 1 side though.

It's pretty much a familiy tradition. We all support our local side. It's never easy being a Coventry fan but it's always interesting.

It has to be Michael Owen. I always get strange looks for saying that. He never played for Coventry, or for Chelsea, but he was simply world class. His solo run and goal against Argentina just sums up how good he was and still can be.

I'd have to say Coventry City 6-2 Derby County. The last ever game at Highfield Road. The atmosphere was great and the game itself was incredible. I think the true Coventry fans went through every single emotion possible at that game.

Coventry City (yes there's a bit of a trend here). It's always nice to get your home team up into D1 and challenging. If i had to pick another side i'd go for Northampton Town with their 4 ex-Coventry players.

Possibly lifting one of my first ever SM sides from D4 into D1 after just 4 seasons. (Darlington EC3200).

The simplicity is a good and a bad point. I find one single rating a bit restrictive in term's of functionality and the match engine can sometimes drive me crazy. Other than that though it's simple to play, real players on the DB make it highly enjoyable to play and if you find the right set-ups (7046 is a favourite of mine) the game is always lively and interesting.

I have a few. The main one is basketball, i've played it for 11 years now. Obviously spending time up the Ricoh Arena is also up there.

I like a bit of anything really. I find myself listening to a lot of dance and r&b during the Summer but during Winter i like a lot of 70's stuff, rock music and even some jazz.

I think i would have loved being Happy Gilmore, i'm not too sure i'd do the film much justice though.

Who is your ideal date?

Hayley Williams. I don't really need to say much about her do i? She's a great singer, looks stunning and seems to have a personality. The full package if you ask me!

hayley-williams-hairstyle-23997.jpg

Currently i'm at College studying TV and Film. I also play for a local basketball team. In 5 years time hopefully i'll be in a TV production role and without a doubt i'll still be playing basketball.

By your own admission, you are not as well known as some other forumers. Tell us a little about what sort of person you are?

I'm a pretty laid back guy, but i always seem to be out and about by pure accident. I plan everything last minute, have no idea how i manage but somehow everything goes to plan. I'd like to think of myself as one of the remaining gentleman around, however i live off sarcasm so you have to be prepared for that.

What do you think of the Ricoh Arena and have other older supporters mentioned how it's different from Highfield Road?

I can actually remember Highfield Road well myself. The Ricoh is great. Spacious, clean and it looks very nice, but it's just not the same as Highfield Road. The old stadium created a buzz around the city before a game thanks to it's location, and it just felt like home. It was a little run down and cramped but everyone loved it. The Ricoh is yet to match it.

Life-long happiness. It does exactly what it says on the tin!

How do you rate the Sky Blues prospects for the future and are there any starlets we should look out for?

I firmly believe we're a sleeping giant. We're a big city with a very nice ground and zero debt. I don't think we'll get there this year, but soon enough we'll be back in the Premiership. Talents to look out for include Nathan Cameron, Connor Thomas (England U16 International), Sean Jeffers, Michael Quirke (up and coming goalkeeper, possibly Westwood's replacement next year) and also Jonson Clarke-Harris (youngest ever player to appear for the first team). There are others but i won't bore you all with the massive list! :D

So, into basketball and hoping to get into TV production in the future. Also optimistic Coventry will get back amongst the big boys sooner rather than later :)

Next into the hotseat is a forumer hoping to see the Eagles soar again.

Scout Maker is a Crystal Palace fan who unbeknown to me (and perhaps most of us) has a little Spanish in him. Here's his interview:

Crystal Palace, I’ve supported them since I was 4.

Their my local team and my brother got me into watching them. He took me to my first game when I was 4, which was a 2-2 draw with Gillingham.

Andy Johnson when he was at Palace, but currently probably Darren Ambrose or Neil Danns. My favourite from a foreign club would have to be Iniesta, his goal against Holland in the World Cup and the goal against Chelsea in the Champions League were some of the best moments in my life so far, due to me being half Spanish.

It’s got to be the match against Sheffield Wednesday on the last day of the season last season. If we won or drew, we stayed up, if Wednesday won, they stayed up. The game finished 2-2 but the last five minutes were like torture.

My Everton in English Championship 838, I’ve only been with them for a season but alot of my friends in real life are in the setup and it’s fun playing someone you know in real life almost every matchday.

I haven’t won any trophies as of yet, so my greatest achievement would have to be taking Fulham in English Championship 838 to 5th in the league. When I first joined the setup 10 games in they were 18th with a few decent players, I finished 5th this season and the team is strong enough to mount a title challenge next season.

I think the idea that the ratings are based on real life is pretty cool, I’ve never played a football game like that before, and it makes for some good debates whether a player should be rated higher or lower.

I dislike the amount of cheating in smaller setups though, such as English Championship 838 and 1638, two setups which I’m in and there have been multiple cases of cheating.

Playing football with my mates down the park every weekend, or just staying in playing some Fifa and COD6.

I recently changed from XFM to Capital, and I know a lot of people on the forum will hate me for this. I’m into stuff from Jason Derulo, Tinie Tempah, Jay Sean and that kind of stuff.

Probably a comedy character such as Zoolander or Happy Gilmore. I would really want to be one of the boys from The Inbetweeners though.

Who is your ideal date?

Maria Sharapova. There’s just something about her, she’s the only reason I watch tennis.

54db92.jpg

I’m currently in year 10 at the 6th best high school in the UK, in five years time I’d like to see myself at university.

What 3 words best describe you and why?

This is a tough one, so I’m going to go standard and say “Never Give Up” due to everything that happened to Palace being in administration.

The Eagles have had a difficult time in recent years flirting with administration several times. What's it been like watching on as a fan and are the troubles now over with Steve Parish and co. in charge?

When I found out that we went into administration, it felt like I’d been kicked in the gut. I couldn’t accept the fact that we might not be a club anymore and that we were now in a major relegation battle. I felt it was all very unfair, we didn’t deserve to be down there, without the 10 point deduction we would be 13th. But the survival at Hillsborough was the beginning of the end of our Administration. Yes, the troubles are now over and we’re beginning to build up a decent squad which includes Irish U21 star Owen Garvan and young Everton Striker James Vaughan on loan, not to mention Ambrose, Neil Danns and one of if not the best goalkeeper in the Championship, Julian Speroni.

That everyone in my family could live forever without suffering.

What do you make of Edgar Davids playing for Palace and does he still have some magic left in him?

Currently we haven’t seen the “Pitbull” in his old self, but he’s shown glimpses. When I saw we were linked with him I thought it was some sort of joke but after I saw the Sky Sports reports of him at the training ground, I started to realise, he might actually join us. But then again, we don’t know if it’s just a way for him to gain some cash.

So, hoping the Eagles can show that never-give-up attitude and with their emerging squad can bounce back inot the EPL. Also hopes he might get an opportunity to entertain the masses sometime in the future perhaps? :)

Next will be a Welshman who supports Man U and went that step extra by naming his son after Giggsy.

Arfon or Rhys as many of you will know him, is a proud Welshman and Man Utd fan. Here's a little more about him:

Manchester United supported them as long as I can remember and im 25

Well it was from my mother as she's always been a life long United fan, my dad was always a Leeds fan but they split up when I was around 4, leaving my mother to bring my brother and I up, so that leading to me being a United fan, even though times were hard my mum would still try to take us and see the odd game, so I never changed and my love for the team grew stronger as I got older.

Ryan Giggs naturally him being Welsh stood out a little more for me, absolute legend is Ryan, even named my son after him :D.

Jeez so many but would have to be the 1999 Champions League final against Bayern, what a night that was, we were dead and buried but never will forget Clyde Tyldsley "Can Manchester United score, they always score" :D

West Brom EC 2823, my babies lol, had them from the start, well Reading was my first but jumped ship to West Brom, love this team!

Back to back league titles with Man Utd in GC 73, getting Wales to a World Cup Semi got a few.

Great game, was/is the best managing game out but the greed for money from SM made it worse, the match engine is a bit pants but other than that its a good game. The forum is really good, never been part of a forum before so this was my first and I enjoy the forum more than the game nowadays.

Spending time with my family, cinema and football watching it, playing it love everything about it

Like a bit of everything ranging from Pink Floyd to The Arctic Monkeys, like the odd rap, hip hop but id say mostly rock/indie.

Bruce Wayne/Batman - I love the whole super hero thing always have :o but the idea of being a Billionaire and a masked crusader at night sounds good to me.

Who is your ideal date? celebrity - a link to a picture of him/her preferrable but not essential

Sorry but can think of anyone else apart my my wonderful wife, so my ideal date is Charlotte Evans.

I'm a Postman :D love the job and provides a good income for my family. 5 years time I expect to be doing the same thing.

Does your real life personality differ to your personality on the forum and, if so, how?

No not really I am who I am, saying that I'm alot more argumentitive in real life but I swear quite a bit in arguments so thats why I dont argue on here.

You have Wayne Rooney listed as your favourite player on your bio. Would you have been heartbroken if he transferred to your cross-city neighbours and would he have been a 'conehead'?

Yeah of course as Wayne is a top player and I fell we need to keep hold of these but no player is bigger than the club for me, so if he wanted to leave then let him leave but im much happier he didn't.Nah Wayne wouldnt have been a conehead, he was just after his best wishes so he would have been a [insert swear word here]! ;)

Quite a tough one this as I have a couple :confused:

Peace and health are always good ones but as times are im saying money, people say money dont really matter well I disagree, im happy and in love all I need now is money :D

As a proud Welshman, what's your feelings about the possibility of a GB team appearing in the Olympics and how many Welshmen would get in the side?

I have no issues with it but I feel it would be dominated by English players so technically there's no point, I feel Ramsey and Bale but cant see more than that.

So a hero of sorts in real life, delivering our mail at all hours, who also harbours dreams of being a superhero with lots of money in the future :)

The next interviewee, could quite possibly have the smallest club out of all of us as his favourite club.

Hesse or Stuart is often a voice of reason when things are getting heated on the forum. Here's what he had to say:

I normally answer this one that I am a Dover Athletic supporter, and an Arsenal follower, although I have followed Arsenal for longer than I have supported Dover. It’s a question of definition I suppose. I say that I support Dover because as the club from the town I was born in, I try to get to as many games as possible; and have been going to games since about the age of 14; and I’ve followed Arsenal since I became aware of football at the age of 5. I was about 26 or 27 before I got to go to my first game for Arsenal though; the 49th game in the 49 game unbeaten run against Aston Villa, which we won 3-1.

I support Dover because they are the team from the town in which I was born, and at 14 they gave me the first real opportunity for freedom, having been allowed to undertake the 50 mile round trip to go and see them play each Saturday from where I lived then and now. Back then they were in the old Football Conference (now the Blue Square Premier), and my first game was against Telford, which we won 2-0, on the opening day of the 94-95 season I think. I missed the opening goal on the stroke of half-time because I went to get myself a burger! I follow Arsenal because my best friend at the time supported them, and he got to go to games all the time. I nearly got to a game in the late 80s, which was the week after the infamous 22 man brawl between Arsenal and Manchester United, and after that my mum wouldn’t let me go! Now I’m fortunate enough to have another friend who has a season ticket, and when he can’t get to games I take it off his hands for free, but needless to say this only happens once every couple of years.

That would have to be Dennis Bergkamp, who in my opinion was the best player to ever play in the Premiership, let alone in the red of Arsenal. Of the current crop I’d have to say Fabregas, but then watching players like Messi and Ronaldinho, you can’t help but admire their skill. From a non-league point of view I’ve seen some half decent players too, often towards the tail end of their career, but as a Dover player no-one comes close to the legend that was David Leworthy.

For Dover it would either an FA Trophy semi-final second leg against Cheltenham Town which we lost on away goals. The atmosphere was absolutely electric that day at Crabble, and I still get shivers down my spine thinking about it even though we lost and it was about 12 or 13 years ago!

For Arsenal it would be Mickey Thomas’ goal against Liverpool, which was more or less the last kick of the season in the 88-89 season. Back then you didn’t go to Anfield and win, let alone by two clear goals, but that’s what the Arsenal achieved to win the league on goal difference on the last day of the season. That was the best, and will always be the best climax to the end of a league campaign (unless of course you support Liverpool –sorry Doc!)

Roma in Gold 11. I have had them since the start, spent the most time on them, and probably been the most successful with them. They were quite a challenge at first, and I don’t think I won anything in the first three seasons with them, but they are currently 10 points clear at the top, and hopefully heading for their fourth straight Serie A title. I just hope that one day I can break my duck with this lot and win the Champions cup (soon!!!)

It would either be what I have achieved with Roma, or what I have achieved with little Atletico Mineiro in Gold 86. With the little Brazilian side I won the Division 2 cup and shield treble in my first season, and the Division 1 cup and shield treble in my second season. I have the Charity Shield under my belt already, so I’m aiming for a quad this year! Bearing in mind that I took them over about 10 games into the setup being created, I think it’s pretty good that I’m sitting as the second best manager in the setup surrounded by the Barcas and Man Uniteds of the Setup!

I absolutely love the concept of real life performances affecting in-game rating. Whoever came up with that concept and put it into practice was a genius. From a dislikes point of view, I am becoming increasingly frustrated at ignorant managers to the point where it is becoming very, very difficult to deal with real-life managers these days, which is what sets this game apart from the likes of the PC based Football Manager and Championship Manager games that I originally cut my teeth on.

I’m actually an FA qualified coach, and help run a local under-11s football team. It’s nice to be able to give directly something back to the game that I have got so much out of, and it keeps me fit now my playing days are pretty much over, bar my 7-a-side kickabouts on a Tuesday night. I also enjoy refereeing the boy’s games, and hope to get my Ref’s badge soon once I’ve stumped up the cash to pay for it!

To say that my tastes are varied would be an understatement! I like anything from The Doors and Pink Floyd to The Jam and Radiohead. Of the more current bands I really like Mumford and Sons and Paolo Nutini; but my “era” would have to be the 90s and the Britpop era, as this was when I had my teens. There were some class acts around at the time including Blur, Supergrass, Pulp and my personal favourites, Suede, who I am going to see at The O2 in December.

Samuel L. Jackson. The man just oozes coolness.

Who is your ideal date?

At the risk of sounding cliché, I would have to say my wife, just in case she reads this!

I work in the public sector and can’t really say much more than that without having to put a two paragraph disclaimer on here that my views are not necessarily those of my employers! Let’s just say it’s not that exciting either, like a Spy or anything like that, but it’s been interesting enough to keep me at it for the last 12 years. In five years time I hope to survived the latest round of spending cuts and pretty much be where I am now, just a bit higher up the ladder!

You're a calming influence and a voice of reason on the forum, not afraid to stick up for members who are seemingly being picked on. Is this your real-life nature too?

That’s nice of you to say so Doc! I think it’s fair to say that I’m not afraid to voice my opinion in real life especially if I see someone getting picked on. The beauty of a forum over real life is that you get more time to think and give a reasoned response. If you realise what you’re saying is rash, then you can re-type it. All too often in real life I’ll put my foot in my mouth before I’ve had time to think “Doh!”. If I was to give anyone advice on here it would be to read over what you have typed before you hit that “Post reply” button!

If something makes my blood boil on here, it’s the amount of bullying that seems to passively be going on without anyone making a stand or standing up for the little guy. Sure people can be jerks at times, and their actions may not necessarily make them popular with those in the “crowd”, but that doesn’t give anyone the right to publically attack certain members as so often happens here. Some will say it’s banter, but in my book large sections of the banter I see are down-right abuse. Unfortunately I no longer have the confidence in the powers that be to do anything about it, but that’s a whole other issue that can’t be talked about here.

Arsene Wenger continually has the finger pointed at him by certain sections of Arsenal's fanbase for not spending some of the umpteen millions he has made the club on some big name signings. Which side of the fence do you sit on and why?

That’s a real tough one. From a financial footing I’m not really in a position to debate the financial side with a man, who as well as being a superb coach has a Master’s Degree in Economics! I must admit though that it can get very frustrating at times when you see other clubs buying, and we’re largely inactive. It further grates when each season we hit a shed load of injuries, and never seem to have the depth to compete. And don’t even get me started on the goalkeeping situation! That being said Flapihandski finally seems to be getting some form together; let’s just hope that it’s not a false dawn that sees us buying a top 4 quality keeper delayed again! That being said I don’t necessarily believe that Wenger having a lot of money to spend is a good thing either. If you look at the success of his big signings compared to his bargains, it’s clear where his strength lies. I guess like most Gooners, my patience is wearing thin as far as not winning trophies is concerned, but at the same time, I can’t imagine the club without Wenger, especially when I’ve had to enjoy the joys of Rioch, Graham and Howe. Back then they were acceptable, but I like to think that Wenger has educated me to how the game should be played, and now winning isn’t necessarily enough! Confused? So am I!

Guaranteed financial security and happiness for my family for life, which would hopefully mean winning the lottery, because I’d also want to invest in Dover Athletic! Not to mention giving me the ability to buy my dream collection of cars, which would include a Caterham 7, an E-type Jag, an Aston Martin DB9, and Fiat 500 Abarth to run to the shops in. Of course, I’d probably be dead exactly 6 months and a day after the lottery win. It would take six months for the Caterham to be delivered, and a day for me to wrap myself around a lamp post in it!

Following Arsenal's impressive victory away to Man City and a goal-fest in the Champions league thus far, is this your season?

I sure hope so, but I’m never one to tempt fate. If I’m honest it’s difficult to see beyond Chelsea in the league, even at this early stage, but maybe it’s our year in one of the cups be it domestically or abroad.

Someone who will always stand up for the little man, who has quite a penchant for nice cars. Potential replacement for Jeremy Clarkson? :)

Next up, it's only fair we have a Swans fan having already had an Eagles fan (if only for ornithological bliss).

Jenks1 is a proud Welshman and is quite a sporty type. Also excelling in his studies, here's what he had to say:

I’ve been supporting Swansea City since moving to the area when I was 8. I’m also a follower of Hull and Manchester United. I’m not a die hard fan, but I have a soft spot for them and they’re always the results I look out for.

Well, when I first moved to Swansea my dad got free season tickets from the company he works at, so I was attending games straight away. Although we were at the bottom of the Football League and the quality of football wasn’t great I was drawn in by the atmosphere of the Vetch Field and I’ve been a season ticket holder for the past 9 years. My dad was a United fan so I have a soft spot for them, and I attended a few Hull games when I was very young and therefore I like to see them doing well.

I’d have to say Ryan Giggs. He’s a fantastic player and the ball just seems to stick to his feet, if only he was more of a regular for Wales.

Swansea vs Hull, on the last day of the 02/03 season when the Swans needed to win to stay in the Football League. The game was so tense throughout, and a James Thomas hat trick helped us to a memorable 4-2 victory. Without that win, we’d have been playing non-league football instead of 3rd in the Championship!

Although I can’t seem to win trophies with them, my favourite team is Internazionale in GC66. They were my first big team in a Gold Championship and I remember the thrill of picking them up as the servers must have been down for about an hour and a half while the GC was being created. I always love the teams that have the players you like in real-life, and this is one of them.

I took over Southend United in EC5579 and they had 4 points from about 13 games but eventually avoided the drop by 9 points after a very good run of form. I’m also very fond of my Darlington in EC2566 who I transformed into a team of superstars with an average rating of 96.

I like that there’s always something to do in relation to the game. You can be negotiating over a highly rated player, or doing research on the valuable risers. I dislike some of the unrealistic transfer demands and the number of inactive set-ups.

I’m very busy with rugby at the moment because I’m part of the Ospreys under 18s set-up. However, when I’m not playing sport or doing schoolwork I like to play on my PS3 or just go out and “much around” with the boys.

I’ve got a lot of Muse and The Killers on my Ipod.

The Terminator, I’m a fan!

Who is your ideal date?

Emma Watson

emma-watson-2.jpg

At the moment I’m currently doing my AS Levels in Maths, Chemistry, Biology and History. In 5 years I’ll hopefully be studying either Medicine or something with Maths, I’m undecided and everything will depend on my results anyway.

Tell us a little bit about what sort of person you are?

I’d like to think that I’m hard working and determined and I normally like to get out and be as sociable as possible, but I’m really quite shy.

Looking at your bio, you have interests in a variety of sports. Which sports star would you swap places with and why?

Gareth Bale, an upcoming star with the world at his feet.

True happiness for all my loved one

Would you ever want Swansea to leave the English league system and rejoin the Welsh Football league and whats the reason behind your answer?

No, I think that every fan wants to see their team play at the highest level against the best teams and attract the best players possible. Unfortunately, the level of the Welsh league is very low so I’m more than happy for Swansea to compete in the “English League.”

So a hard working guy all-round who has a wide range of interests in sport. Might be after my real-life job after a few years? :)

Continuing the animal theme, following a Swans fan we'll have a Foxes fan giving his answers next

Jonaldinho22 is a Leicester fan who has high hopes for his beloved Foxes. Here is how his interview went:

Leicester City, always have and always will.

Home town club, it's that simple. I used to (don't anymore) like Man United a bit :o, not my best years, but Leicester always came first. Funny story really why I liked Man U. The official reason: liked Solskjaer, the baby-faced assassin. Secondary reason which isn't said much, but more important: does anyone remember Sooty and Sweep? I do, big fan :D Well anyway, they were from Manchester and Man U was the obvious team to "support" from that. ;)

Currrent player has to be Andy King. Young Welsh centre midfielder who is the star of our team, his forward runs are vital to our teams attack. Gets goals regularly, 5 already this season, which isn't bad going for a midfielder. He's good in the air and doesn't shirk a tackle too. As already said, I loved Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Was a great poacher and always played with a smile on his face.

Erm, probably my first game at Filbert Street. We played Leeds United and drew 2-2 (that was a time when they were half-decent ;)) It was quite a while back so can't remember it too well, but the first game you see your club is always special. Another game, I'll throw in the play-off win in about 1996 or something when Steve Claridge shinned it in at the Old Wembley to take us to the promised land. I was about 3 at the time so obviously can't remember it, but the highlights are always good to watch on youtube :D

My favourite SM team...erm, probably my Derby in EC3674 because that was the first team I had on SM with my mates. Currently boasting players such as Higuain, Lucio, Ronaldinho, we're on a 12 game winning streak in the league :D

Haven't really had a major SM achievement if I'm honest. Took a Wolfsburg from the bottom league in a Euro Championship to challenging Barca and Real Madrid at the top of League 1. Not bad going, this was a competitive world too

I like being able to build the team however you like, and there's something a lot more satisfying about beating a human controlled side 4-0 than comfortably winning a match on a computer game such as FM. Also, for me, it's nice that everything I would want out of SM is free. Providing your Game World is competitive then there's no need to pay for a Gold Membership.

I dislike cheats. What's the point, seriously? You create another email account, get another club in the same world and sell players to them for ridiculous fees. Aren't you special? To be honest, there's always going to be persistent cheaters so I'm not sure what SM could do about them.

Season ticket at the Walkers, of course. Aside from football, I enjoy going to the theatrem it's good to see people perform live with pressure on them than just watching a screen. It also makes it better when the actors are good, because they don't have lots of takes to get it right. They have one shot when they're on stage.

Rock music, bands such as Green Day, Survivor (sang Eye of the Tiger for those who haven't heard of them), Bon Jovi. I don't like most of the modern stuff. Most of the songs on the radio are rubbish, all the hip-hop and R&B.

Samuel L. Jackson in Rules of Engagement. Brilliant film, get to work with Tommy Lee Cooper, and I like films involving court cases, such as A Few Good Men. On the other hand it'd be fun to voice a rhino or something in an animated film

Who is your ideal date?

On a date, it would have to be Keeley Hazell. She's natural, (they're real) and isn't skinny compared to some of the models in this day and age. And I'm sure she's a nice person too ;)

picture-3.html

Currently studying Geography, Drama and English Lit at A2 in college. Hope to go to university next year to study Law and in 5 years I hope to be working as a barrister in a successful solicitor's firm.

What would your friends say are your best personality traits?

I dunno...honest? Let them answer that haha.

What did you think when you heard Sven was going to be your new manager?

I was thinking that it's nice to get a big, well-known manager to follow in Sousa's footsteps. You don't get to the England job without being a good manager, I was genuinely happy when I heard that he'd been appointed. And it is always nice to get some publicity around the club, we don't get much these days.

That I'm happy in life. Is it selfish to say that? Erm...then I wish for the end of poverty :D

Leicester city seem to have everything in place to be an EPL side (good stadium, fanbase, etc). What's stopping you getting back there?

Thanks for saying that we have a good fanbase and stadium, it's certainly better than that dump up the M69 ;). Well an easy answer is Kermorgant, but we can't put all the blame on him, unfortunately. We went into a downward spiral after we got relegated and then we went through the Holloway era. Getting relegated into League 1 isn't the best thing that can happen when you're hoping to get back into the Premier League. Finished in the play-offs last year, so pretty good, then lost another manager and had a shocking start under Sousa. BUT, I firmly believe that with Sven and our new Thai owners that we will get there in the next season or two.

So a possible barrister in the making, who's keeping his real life personality too himself. An old-style rocker as well :)

Next up we have another Sky Blue fan who has a particular predilection for pie.

Sky Blue Lee has been around so long, he's almost part of the furniture. One of the funny men of the forum, here's his interview:

I support Coventry City Football Club, and have supported them since I was about 12, so roughly 7 years.

I was a late bloomer when it comes to gaining an interest in football. I'd played for an under-6 team, in which I just used to stand at left-back and chat to the centre-back, and also an under-10 team, where after being replaced by a 'proper' goalkeeper, I played at centre-back and right-back. Not having a clue what to do, I would chase the ball around if it came near me, but if I was chasing someone over the halfway line, I wouldn't follow them as I didn't know that defenders were allowed past halfway! Anyway, all this time I'd been brought up to support my Dad's team, Manchester United. I remember watching their 1999 FA Cup final win over Newcastle, and knowing who David Beckham, Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke were, but nothing else. I eventually started to develop an interest in the game when I was about 10 and playing football with all the lads in year six at school. When I started secondary school I bought a copy of LMA Manager 2003, and started 2 games, one with Man Utd., and one with Coventry. I took to the Coventry game very easily, and took an interest in their players, like Youssef Chippo, Calum Davenport, Jay Bothroyd and the like. I started following their match reports in the Coventry Telegraph, and then, in a rare moment of maturity for a 12 year-old, felt it made more sense and was more fun to support your local team, so I switched allegiances and have never looked back in anger or regret since. In the first few years I studied Coventry City more than I did any school work, and know more about the club than some life-long fans do! An interesting way to start supporting them, yes, but I'm glad it happened.

My current favourite player would have to be Ryan Giggs. As cliched as this sounds, his approach to the game on and off the pitch, his mastery of the wing (and nowadays even in the middle of the park), and his commitment makes him a brilliant role model and footballing icon for myself, my peers, and a younger generation.

Of all time, it's Manuel Francisco dos Santos. Garrincha. While he certainly lived the playboy lifestyle in his native Brazil, he had a love for the game that I have never heard of any other player to have had. He played the game simply because he loved playing the game. If he hadn't had a family to feed (a family which he had started at a young age due to his antics), he wouldn't have signed for Botafogo at all. He would've stayed in his hometown of Pau Grande and continued to play at amateur level for the factory team. He didn't care about fame, money or being the best. He cared about having fun, be it with women, alcohol, football, or a combination of the three. Not only did he love to play, he was absolutely fan-bloody-tastic with the ball. Perhaps there's a reason why Brazil never lost a game when both Pele and Garrincha were playing together.

Coventry City 6-2 Derby County. Saturday, 30th April 2005 - the final match to be played at Highfield Road - and I wasn't going. I hadn't booked a ticket for whatever reason and was really disappointed to not be going. Turns out my Dad, who is good mates with the then-managing director of City sponsors Jewsons Coventry, had pulled a few strings to get us into the match. Not just that, but in the sodding director's box too!!! Had a full day out with a 5-course meal at the ground, a stadium tour and all sorts of tat like that. Was sat behind some of the squad that hadn't been named in the match, and had a perfect view of the game. I remember Andy Whing's goal like yesterday. I guess it was the best goal to remember from that game as it turned out to be the last at the ground.

nY2rnlybrGk

I remember it like it was 5 seconds ago. Viewing it from the side, I can still remember just how he hit it and seeing it fly into the net, and how he ran behind the goal as the fans reached out to him. Gives me a tearful smile every time.

Post-match I met a couple of the players, and was involved in the man-of-the-match presentations, handing a bottle of bubbly to captain Stephen Hughes, who handed me a signed ball in return. I've still got that ball somewhere, and can probably still name half of the signatures on it.

It's close between CSKA Moskva in WC2 and Coventry in EC106. I've had a lot of success with CSKA, getting them promoted twice with the core of the squad what is effectively the side they started with when the setup was created back in SM's early days! Has to be Coventry though for making me interested in SM again after joining 106. I won the cup soon after taking over (denying West Brom the treble, ain't I a stinker?), and then the next season's last-gasp relegation miracle over Sunderland. Relegated last season, but I love the challenge that is posed going into every game, especially when I come out the other side smelling of roses.

4 and a half years of playing the bloody game and I've done nothing outstanding! Got an old Blackburn team promoted to division 3 and then 2 in successive seasons in a World Championship (WC68 to be precise), and won two promotions with CSKA as mentioned before, but that's about it. I loved my old Sevilla team in Love Your Enemy, as I'd built an amazing squad there, but never got anything for my efforts. Hmmm, would have to say it's between winning the EC106 cup with my Coventry side, and staying up with them the season after by beating Sunderland 6-4 on the last day of the season over my good mate Dai, getting him relegated instead.

What I like the most is the amount of improvements the game has made over the years. Kids that moan about results taking an hour to come in don't know they're born. I remember having to wait until Sunday morning to get last night's result, and you couldn't access the site while they were being processed!!! That's why I tend not to complain about the things that SM do, because for who they are and how small the core of the company is, they have done a tremendous job. And it's also why I don't really dislike anything about the game.

Music would be the obvious answer. I've been drumming for 10 years now, writing lyrics for about 3 years and have been teaching myself the guitar for 9 months or so. I'm also a qualified scuba diver after passing the PADI Open Water Diver's course in the Domincan Republic a few years back. I loved doing it, but since coming back to England, the opportunities to keep it up are limited. I've done a lot of things before, Hell, I was even a stage actor when I was a kid, but some hobbies I'd like to get back into if I had more time. I'd love to take photography up again, but I don't have the time to get into it too much any more.

Most rock music from the 90's and earlier, to about the 50's. Some modern rock I like, but I don't get into many modern bands for some reason or another. I'm also a sucker for swing music. I love Bobby Darin, Dean Martin and the like. It's such a great style of music to listen and to sing to, and I would've loved to have been around with those guys in their pomp.

Hoo-hoo, that's a stormer of a question! It would probably have to be Bruce Lee, because nobody can stop Bruce Lee. He's probably up there in heaven kicking seven lumps out of GOD HIMSELF right now! Either him or Ron Burgundy, because Ron's just so funny and cool. The epitome of the 70s classy man, women love him, his friends idolise him, and, best yet, even his enemies respect him, as quoted by Wes Mantooth in the final scenes in the film "I hate you, Ron Burgundy, I hate you! ... But man, I have so much respect for you."

Who is your ideal date?

Right now, any woman would do fine. Hmmm, let's have a think... There's a good few I like, and honourable mentions go the way of Jenny Lewis, Scarlett Johansson, Pixie Lott, Daisy Lowe and Abby Clancy, but I'm going to go with the classiest option and say Catherine Zeta-Jones

Catheirne-Zeta-Jones-7.jpg

At the moment I work for the Co-Operative Pharmacy. Just this week I completed my course to become a dispensing assistant which should see a pay rise. I was already doing the job but wasn't being paid the wage, so the qualification justifies my position now. In 5 years time I'd imagine myself to have done a few more courses in pharmacy, and maybe have worked my way up to being an accuracy checking technician, which can get you on some serious good money, I've heard around £15 an hour!!! Hopefully I'll have a band going by that point too. A serious band, performing our/my own songs and looking to make a breakthrough if one hasn't yet been made.

Most who know you, appreciate you have a quirky sense of humour. Have you always been like this or is there a more serious side to you in real life?

I like to inject humour into as many walks of life as possible. You have to enjoy yourself and make yourself and others laugh and have fun. I do have a serious side, yes, and it's one that only comes out when needed (and it's helped a few people when it has), but I find that you can do more with humour than you can with a straight face.

Would you swap Coventry City's 1987 FA Cup win for a place in the English Premier League today?

No. I believe that in time, we will re-establish ourselves in the top flight, so for now, it's nice to have something to hold on to. I'd much rather have an accomplishment to our name than be consistently mid-table in the EPL and have no outstanding history in cup competitions. In fact, the way we are now will mean that when the good times come, they will taste very sweet indeed. And that's what we all like.

Simple. I would wish for infinite wishes.

When and how did the association with pie get incorporated into your make-up?

Man, that's a few years back now! There's a website out there (www.weebls-stuff.com), that had it's own flash animated series, Weebl and Bob. It was very off-the-wall and funny, and I loved it at the time, about 4-5 years ago. They always make pie-related jokes and it gave me something to quote when I entered the SM world. When I went on the chatroom I'd be spouting these lines and jokes off from the series and people just found it quirky and amusing. It gave me an identity on SM from the start though, and while it was a great way to show yourself as an entertainer, I eventually weaned myself off of it and got round to sticking to my own brand of humour, as it always feel better when someone laughs at something that you said, not something you heard from someone else.

So clearly a multi-talented member who's very much into his music and despite his humerous persona, still has an eye on succeeding up the ladder in real life :)

Next up will be a member whose been around for what feels like almost as long as Lee and one who has the distinction of being the forumer who lives the closest to SM headquarters (as far as I'm aware)

Next up will be a member whose been around for what feels like almost as long as Lee and one who has the distinction of being the forumer who lives the closest to SM headquarters (as far as I'm aware)

Slight technical difficulty here as I made an error of judgement and haven't yet got this member's interview back yet (I forgot he mentioned he will get it back in due course as is busy studying) :o

So instead we'll move onto a forumer who is a good friend of the forumer described above and has been around just as long. Did very well in the forumer's world cup 2009 edition. His interview will be up soon :)

1CapWonder or Elliott to those who know him a little better, always speaks from the heart no matter what the subject. there's no doubt, however, that all things football are his number one passion as shown by some of his answers:

I support Aston Villa first and foremost. They're the club I chose to support when I was 6 years old. They are my team. I follow Rochdale intensely though, and believe that I support them more than most people I know support their favourite clubs!!! I go home and away to both whenever possible, and force myself to either (or both) Villa or Rochdale every weekend bar exceptional circumstance!

I'm asked this all the time! My Dad is a Man United fan, and has had a season ticket for over 40 years now. I was thrust upon them as a kid, and my dad even claims my first word was "Cantona" (he actually won't tell me otherwise!) The first game he took me to was Man United 2-1 Aston Villa when I was 6. I recall Beckham scored which I loved, but for some strange reason I fell in love Villa, not United. My dad was devastated, but he (reluctantly) took me to Villa Park a couple of years later as I wouldn't shut up about them. Bizarrely, despite living in Manchester, my best mate is a diehard Villan because of his dad's influence, and the 2 of us get to around 20+ games a season now!

With Rochdale, I spent 5 years there as a player. They gave me my big break and although it didn't all end smoothly, I still have a lot of friends there, and the manager now (Keith Hill) was the one who signed me on and put a lot of faith in me. My former strike partner and good mate is on the back of my new shirt after breaking into the team (Gray 36) It's strange, but they'll have a place in my heart for life! I have so many memories there, and I owe them a lot. I'll be forever grateful to them and help them out whatever way I can. Taking a mate down and supporting them every other week is the least I can do!

Too many to name! Beckham has always been an idol of mine, the way he conducts himself and plays, despite all his fame. I'd pay money to watch Berbatov, Cantona, Luis Ronaldo, Ferdinand, Guti and Paul McGrath at their peaks. However, to answer the question, Paul Scholes is a hero of mine still playing today. I get goosebumps when he hits a pass sometimes. For my past player - Zinedine Zidane, the greatest of all time. The most complete footballer ever to play the game.

United 0-1 Villa last year. I went with my mate, our first time in the away end at Old Trafford. I'd always sat with my Dad previously. Sold out, crammed in, the atmosphere was electric. It meant so much to the fans but even more to me, with all the stick I'd taken over the years, and having Macheda do what he did the season before. The relief at the final whistle, there was 1/2 second of silence before the outburst of madness. I'll never forget that moment, and the 30 mins that everyone stayed in the ground for to celebrate.

13969_240205519697_607594697_4462441_5676693_n.jpg

For Rochdale, I'll never forget 2-7 away to County. It was when Stockport had that incredible clean sheet run, and Hennesey was "unbeatable" in their goal. To break that record, and stick 7 past them, was amazing. I was there on my own and under the "it" of "brittania" in the picture below celebrating. One of my favourite memories captured on camera.

6531_1202382740417_1254034656_30575117_5387019_n.jpg

It has to be Rochdale in EC106. I knew the setup was prestigious and after a couple of days trying, I clicked and saw only Dale free. It was like fate! Haha. I'm lucky to have the club I support in the best setup around, and I'd like to think I contribute a lot to the setup! I had Juan Manuel Mata when I arrived, but only two other players above 80. Now I have some of my favourite ever players, in Becks, Scholes, Ronaldo, Wes Brown, Van Nistelrooy, Friedel along with some of the finest talents around in Gibbs, the Da Silva twins, Coates, Muniesa, Collison, Delfouneso, Macheda, Wickham and many, many more!!!

I'd actually say Altrincham in GC71. I have took them to successive promotions in the first 2 seasons, and nearly have my 3rd. I have a fine selection of young players, McCarthy, Galeano, Funes Mori, Coleman, Ben Khalifa, Phil Jones, Wickham, Shelvey and many, many more. I'd love to win two more promotions and get them to the 1st. To do that consecutively, well that would be amazing!

I like how it's unique with the real life rating system. I like feeling attached to me teams. I obviously love EC106 and I like the forum.

I dislike the constant creation of gameworlds, and I hate how GC's have lost their spark. I also believe there are actually too many players on the database, and SM needs a big clearout of the deadwood.

Playing football. Nothing beats winning a tackle, threading a killer ball, scoring a goal, or feeling like you have control of a game. I love going to watch live football, although sometimes it's sad that I think it's at the expense of playing. I just love being on the turf and knowing you have the ability to change the outcome of this one game. I get my thrills from stepping onto a football pitch and I don't think that will ever change.

I have ridiculously varied music taste. I love the charts as I hear them when I'm driving, working etc... I also love my bands (Coldplay, Feeder, The Kooks, The Fray, Paramore, who I'm seeing next month!) Some of my best memories are of chilling on a beach on holiday, or in the sun by the lakes with my girlfriend and an acoustic guitar, and because of that I have fallen in love with the talents of Colbie Caillat, Newton Faulkner and Brett Dennen amongst others. To cancel out how *** that is though, I also think Eminem is a genius and any quick rap that's meaningful, motivational, and gets the blood pumping, is top notch in my books. "No Love" with Lil Wayne is a new favourite at the moment!

All my mates would say I'm Neil from the Inbetweeners. It's a nickname I hate to admit I fit to, but I really do. I'd love to be Andy Dufresne from Shawshank. The last scene, where Red finds him on the beach fixing up his boat. That's how I see myself when I'm retired. However, to answer this question honestly, it would be Tonker from Mike Bassett. My favourite comedy of all time, it's pure genius, and Tonker is immense!

Who is your ideal date?

Hayley Williams has already been mentioned a couple of times I think. She's certainly up there as the ultimate, but I'll look further. I like a girl that has something that bit different, not just good looks. I think Taylor Swift is one of the nicest people on the planet after having the pleasure of her company in Philly. I think Adriana Lima is arguably the hottest girl on the planet, Shakira is my flavour of the month, but overall, my ideal date would probably be Scarlett Johansson. Untouchable in my opinion. Just amazing :D

Scarlett%20Johansson%20Fakes.jpg

I want to be playing professional football. I don't think any kid loses that dream. Even if I might be waking up, I'm still groggy eyed and sleepy. My dad once said, "find a job you love, and you'll never have to work again" I think that's a great piece of advice. Working in football is that job for me, and playing is the very ultimate. Right now, I'm back at 6th form full time and I've applied for University this year, and looked at America, but I'm still looking to get fit and catch the break I need in England. This is the best place to play football, without doubt.

Do you have any favourite snippets of your encounters with any of the professional footballers you have spoken too/come within touching distance of during your time as a Man Utd Ballboy?

There are so many Smarty!! Meeting Coleen was a highlight. She was so nice, and chatted for what seemed like ages, and then remembered my name whenever she next saw me. I will always love her for that. Gus Poyet once popped his head in our dressing room (next to the away end) and said "Not playing today lads? Ferguson eh? Useless!" I remember Luis Figo ruffling my head as he walked to the bench when Inter played United in my first game, a friendly. Dummying a pass to Ronaldo as he asked for the ball back. Warming up Wes Brown as he practised headers, going in goal for Chris Eagles as he took free kicks before kickoff in a cup game. Making tea for Sir Alex. Being on TV halftime and fulltime every game with the drinks. Being head ballboy for one game, VILLA! Shame we lost :( I could go on forever, but the highlight was Barcelona 1-0. How many people would have given anything for the opportunity me and head ballboy had, to run on the pitch and celebrate with the players? Properly join in the celebrations aswell! In a Champions League Semi!!! Unreal. Memories for life, all of them.

To have a career in football. It's a strange one, because the chance is still there, but I feel it slipping, and I desperately need it. If I had a wish, I'd make that assurance, however selfish it may be that's what I'd wish for! From there, I can make my own choices, stay in the game and be the best I could be.

How much can you recall about the day you got your one cap?

I was more nervous about training as a squad beforehand. A lot had been there before, and I thought I'd be out of my depth, but I think the way I am, I play better with better players, and some of these guys brought the best out of me. Names you can sign on SM, James Hurst, Jonjo Shelvey, George Thorne. The game went quickly, but the build up was amazing. It was snowy, and they needed to clear the pitch. I played an hour before being brought off for Connor Wickham, who went and scored our 2nd goal. He kept his place in the squad for an game away in Germany and I didn't. Despite a couple of names who haven't quite made it like me, it's sometimes hard to swallow seeing the others doing so well. You can only look at the positives though, and having that experience is something I can be so grateful for, and so proud of.

Which would you rather see - England in a world cup final, Rochdale in the Championship or Villa in the Champions league?

Villa in the Champions League. However, I'd like to see us do it the right way. I'd like to see us do it like Tottenham. I have little respect for Man City, and the way they have built their club. People say "you would love world class players at Villa" and I say yes, but I'd like them to want to play for our football club, and not the paychecks. I would rather watch us compete for 4th with what we have, than compete for the league with players motivated by only money. I hate watching England under Capello. It's not right that we don't have an English manager, and I'm mortified by what our National team has become as there is so much talent out there. I don't like watching England, and Villa come first for me.

So a man who seems to live, eat, breathe football and clearly deserves the career in football he so craves. Also a man who has a good eye for the ladies which is not surprising as the founder of the successful K/P/M thread on this forum :)

Next up we have a Man Utd. fan on whom Macheda has made a great impact.

Good thread..

Now there's a few pages' date=' it might be worth putting a link to each one in the opening post. Makes it easier for people to find a certain one, one they've missed etc. ;)[/quote']

Was thinking that earlier, but am not the best at that sort of thing :P

I'm sure I'll manage, probably later today :)

EDIT: Make that later this week :o

Archived