Birmingham city gc76 - Road to Europe

Re: Birmingham city gc76 - Road to Europe

Typical Thaliwal

As the new season has begun and the first game so close, you don't expect anything other than Thaliwal being the top dog in the transfer market every year running. This start to the season has been very slow in general and hasn't seen managers wanting to get involved. Every team seems to be comfortable , doesn’t mean that Birmingham can't run riot themselves in then transfer market once again. With constant depth problems in the squad for the first time ever Birmingham are letting go off op talents for loan, you expect nothing less off the Midlands boss.

New season so a new look up front , as always Javier hernandez has been a solid star player and hasn't had to worry about losing his spot. When the news that Negredo was leaving to Arsenal, players became more relaxed. Yet what they didn't know was Lewandowski and Angel was coming in return for Negredo. The Polish wonder striker has left a mark where ever he goes and shouldn't disappoint. Angel is a Spanish left back tracked by the best sides in the world yet quickly and swiftly Birmingham pounced and sealed the deal. One big forward gone and another comes in with Soldado joining Birmingham from Barcelona. Soldado was out of favour by a mile and wants to find first team football at a very competitive side. Soldado joined for Doumbia and Wickham. " Doumbia was a decent player , nothing special in all honesty. Wickham has a good future but you can't turn down quality".

soldado.jpg

Soldado here getting the number 9 shirt from the City chairman. Thaliwal regards Soldado very highly and expects him to become a legend in the side and make use of the number 9 shirt and score goals. " Personally having Hernandez and Soldado is like a fantasy partnership , them together should help me win games".

668093-8053195-317-238.jpgJose-Angel-Sporting-Gijon_2615983.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Birmingham city gc76 - Road to Europe We all love James Milner Milner playing for the three lions The one and only James Milner has finally made his move to Birmingham City after many sea

Re: Birmingham city gc76 - Road to Europe All out for a special one Karim Benzema Karim Benzema has completed his move over night to Birmingham City from Real Madrid. Birmingham have expressed

Re: Birmingham city gc76 - Road to Europe Birmingham slump into first defeat in the season Birmingham City traveled to Anfield the home of Liverpool football club on a good pre season which end

The worst has come , lets look to the future

Very interesting words made by Thaliwal , currently sitting in the bottom half of the table after three games. Birmingham sitting 15th is no where near the expectation where the club was meant to be in Thaliwal's eyes. Two huge defeats to Chelsea current champions and Manchester United have really set things straight in everyones books about Birmingham's chances. " I am very sorry for letting the fans down in these two games. We went in as the underdogs and we sure as hell were".

Currently Pazzini has thrown a strop and in the 4-1 deafeat to United he started to shout abusive language to the Midland club fans. In Pazzini's statement after the match he said " Look im tired of this place , i don't want to play football anymore at England". These remarks have shocked the English fans and Thaliwal has set his sights on getting rid of a waste of space player. Pazzini has his sights on Spain and he got his wish moving to Atlético Madrid. The news was great , some cash into the club to boost a new player. We forgot it was Thaliwal we were talking about , in exchange for Pazzini and Toprak who was out of favour with Phil Jones and Smalling coming up the ranks for the soon to become legend Luis Suarez.

100702085547_ghavsuru480x300afp_3.jpg

What delight on the face of Luis when he found out he was moving to Birmingham.

Suarez is no doubt one of the best forwards in the world right now , interntionally a beast and dosen't play too bad at club level to say the least. Thaliwal hope Suarez can score the goals which Pazzini couldn't and wishes him no luck in Spain.

Old isn't always gold

The saying of "old is gold" has been in the english language for hundreds of years yet there is one man who disagrees with this phrase. That man would be Birmingham City manager Jaspal Thaliwal. With the current first team average age at the tender number of 23 which includes 23 players from 19 to 33. The oldest of the lot is out of favour Pizarro. Pizarro has failed to make an impact this season in his first team chances in the Sheild and Friendly games. When given the task of leading the team to the next round of the Sheild after only a few minutues on the pitch Pizarro picked up an injury and had to be taken off the pitch. " He might have experience but i rather have someone who can play every game not just once a month". Thaliwal asked the press to keep queit on the injury of Pizarro and the problems he is facing in the media because of his terrible performances on the pitch. With no one knowing of this Thaliwal made a trip to France , Marseille. Pizarro and Davila has offically moved to the french club in exchange for Welliton.

welliton.jpg

Welliton showing his pace and foot work which has given him such high reviews.

" Welliton is a great player to add to the club , he is young and experienced at the top level. I hope he can progress and play well in the Shield today against Blackpool".

Team to play Blackpool -

Hart (C)

Pereira Jones Smalling Angel

Lucas Moutinho

Toivonen Holtby

Soldado Welliton

• 3 weeks later...

Birmingham climbing up the ladder

After a tragic start to the season which saw the first four games end in two defeats , a win at the DW stadium and a draw in European competition even Thaliwal himself should of been writing off Birmingham to do anything. Yet from that point on Midlands club never looked back and have won nine games on the trot beating sides such as Arsenal and Liverpool , including going into the next round of the Shield facing Fiorentina and a place in the quarter finals against Crystal Palace in the English Shield. " We have a few wins in the bag and look very strong , we can't get to confident. I believe we can easily gain a Semi final place in the English Shield and will look to win it." Birmingham are currently third after 8 games and have 18 points already. Six wins and two defeats which came from league champions Chelsea and previous champions Manchester united.

Squad depth has been vital , if anything does happen to a player there are options with players such as ramsey and lucas out on loan. " The team is still very young and devolping , smalling , jones and savic will grow in time and will hold the defense. " Defense is maybe the hardest position to maintain , we are lucky to have quality already here."

Starting 11 -

Hart(c)

Van der Wiel Jones Badstuber A.Perpeira

Vidal Sahin

Hamsik Hazard

Suarez Hernandez

Second team -

Hart(c)

J.Pereira Smalling Musacchio Angel

Moutinho Lucas

Eriksen Tovionen

Soldado Welliton

Portsmouth 1 - 4 Birmingham , 10 game winning streak

Birmingham have no increased their winning streak to 10 games which sees them go joint top of division one. Second only to goal difference , with an average of three goals a game Birmingham now look like a complete side. Hernandez back on form with a hat-rick in the second half. " The little Mexican has great ability and now that Luis Suarez is back from his injury i think the partnership can lead to more goals and more wins". Sahin was also on the score sheet. Suarez came off the bench to make his return , within 30 mins he managed to gain an assist and show his worth to Thaliwal.

javier-hernandez_1955693c.jpg

Hernandez at a press conference after the game

"I feel finally we are on a good role of form which can lead us to top European competition. In a few more games we will leave a mark on the league as a real force and we wish to continue and progress."

Poor performance in Florence

Birmingham 2 - 1 Fiorentina

With the lead going into the next leg of the Smfa Shield of one goal, Thaliwal feels his side should of put the Italian side out. " Well we played a very weak side compared to the team i fielded out. I felt we deserved to win but a score line of more 3-0." Birmingham conceded early in the 6th minute by Russian veteran Semak. Suarez later go his name on the score sheet with Moutinho to wrap the game up for the win in the 44th minute.

Even with a lead going into Florence , giving away the away goal make be vital to Fiorentina's chances of making a brave come back. Thaliwal reportedly said " i feel the money and prestige we can gain by a win will make me field my best side possible for the second leg". Birmingham will face Tottenham two days before they go to italy so it is likely a weakened will be out. Currently already joint top and facing rival Aston Villa next following with Everton , Crystal Palace and Darlington. Thaliwal expects to gain all 9 points and progress through to the Semi-finals of the English Shield.

article-1296507632719-0CF3D0AF000005DC-688920_466x310.jpg

Man of the match against Fiorentina in the first leg of the SMFA Shield.

Team to face Aston Villa -

Hart (c)

Van Der Wiel Jones Badstuber Periera

Vidal Sahin

Hazard Hamsik

Suarez Welliton

Title race tighter than ever

Birmingham went into the game against rivals Aston Villa as joint top by goal difference in division one. Yet a draw as lead to Chelsea , Manchester United and Birmingham all level with points after 10 games of the season. The race for the title is very tight at this moment , with a defeat any top four side can drop out of the top four. Birmingham will face Everton in their next game of the season. After keeping the undefeated streak going moral is higher than ever , yet a trip to Goodison Park is always a tough fixture. Hamsik is not available for the next game as being red carded in the derby match. " Hamsik was sent off but i believe that the ref was out of line to send him off".

Sunderland.jpg

Sunderland have recently parted ways with another unsuccessful manager and now have asked Thaliwal to take over and make the transformation needed like once done with Birmingham.

Only a few hours later after receiving the offer from them Thaliwal rejected the chance to take over at the stadium of light. " I feel like Birmingham is my home and will not leave them. I have had much better offers from teams in Spain , Italy , Germany with a lot more potential to become successful and turned it down already".

• 2 weeks later...

Birmingham keep up top 4 form

Birmingham-City-Football-Club.png

Birmingham now sit third in the division one and only two points of third place. There is a real good chance of the midlands side to get into the SMFA cup this season and gaining a major trophy. Quarter finals of the English Shield finished a 5-0 victory against Palace with the reserve side fielded. Hamsik grabbed a hat rick and has put forward a good case to be chosen in the first team.

"From the last four games we have take only 5 points out of 12 , considering playing top level opposition like Tottenham , Everton and Aston Villa".

Birminghams next game they will travel to Florence where there second leg of the SMFA Shield will be taking place. " We currently have the advantage going in to this game so i expect nothing less than a win , this can seriously help us with boost in money and confidence for the players".

Team Likely to play against Fiorentina -

Hart(c)

Van der Wiel Badstuber Jones Periera

Lucas Sahin

Hazard Hamsik

Suarez Soldado

zlatan2.jpg

The player to look out for , Hamsik.

Transfer Season for Birmingham

The current underdogs are high flying but may have hurt their chances with risky transfers made by Thaliwal. Hernandez , Mussachio and Lucas all leave the club to make way for Welbeck , Radu , Rodwell and Cleverley. Cleverley will be rejoining the ranks at birmingham as Thaliwal felt he made the wrong choice letting the starlet go for cash. " CLeverley can become a top midfield player for us in no time. Radu is a very solid player , plays at the center or at left back which can really help us. Welbeck and Rodwell in my mind are the future of England hands down".

DannyWelbeckEngland_2500027.jpg

d72ea7ab37ec23516741b1e9e6ea733b.jpg

713574-8507945-317-238.jpg

tom-cleverley_1967302c.jpg

The future stars of Birmingham

Thaliwal making last few additions

After the signings of Wlebeck , Rodwell and others Thaliwal insisted that there would be some more activity in the market as they look to sign a top quality attacking player who can help them into a top four finish. Birmingham will play the semi finals at home to liverpool on monday and face a selection problem with a game on saturday with top four form dropping. Birmingham have no had three draws on the trot and Thaliwal wants a win to kick start a good run in form leading to the Liverpool clash.

" I see its as my goal to bring a trophy to the the club and we shall do so this season , we have a great chance already reaching the semis so i guess its up to the players now".

Two superstars in the making have signed contracts with Birmingham only a few hours ago , these players are Moreno Rodrigo and Djamel Mesbah. Moreno is a very exciting attacking player who can finish well. Mesbah is a class left back with more than enough room for improvement at the age of 27. Even though Thaliwal doesn't seem to buy players over 25/6 he saw something special in the lad. " In the next few seasons i think these two players can make a real claim into a first team spot within the club. The competition in the club is at an all time high and i expect a lot of progress from Jones , Smalling , Welbeck , Cuenca , Chamberlain and others to really step forward and becomes club greats.

Rodrigo-Moreno-111029-Celebrates-R-300.jpg

323339.png

Team to play against Newcastle -

Hart (c)

Periera Radu Smalling Angel

Holtby Rodwell

Toivonen Hamsik

Welliton Welbeck

One big transfer will happen in the next few days for Birmingham City and will all be revealed shortly.

Birmingham announce winger success

Birmingham city have been know for lack of depth in wing position with only hazard known in the squad for playing on the left and right flank. However today it has been revealed Superstar of Africa Gervinho has put pen to paper and now is an official Birmingham City player.

290186.png

Gervinho is a prize asset to his national team scoring 24 goals in 44 games and Thaliwal wants him to reproduce this form for Birmingham. " My biggest problem as a manager is that i have to many good players to cover every position , however if Gervinho can give me that type of quality he can go straight on to the team sheet every week. Hes very quick and a team player so that will benefit Soldado and Suarez a lot , i hope the Gervinho and Hazard partnership will pay off".

Team to play Liverpool in the Semi finals of the English Shield -

Hart (c)

Van Der Wiel Badstuber Jones Periera

Vidal Sahin

Moutinho Hamsik

Suarez Soldado

Birmingham Awards Ceremony

After a long road to the making themselves a real force to the English league , Thaliwal has decided to award players for their contributions to the squad so they don't go unrecognized. Awards - Player of the year , Defender , Midfield and Forward of the Campaign and Young player of the year.

We start of with Defender of the year , Nominees are -

Badstuber.jpg

Badstuber

Phil-Jones-Manchester-United-Profile_2655201.jpg

Phil Jones

Gregory__VAN__DER__WIEL.png

Van Der Wiel

Winner of Defender of the year ....... Badstuber

Badstuber.jpg

"Constant top class performances and loyalty to the club hasn't gone unnoticed".

Midfielder of the year , nominees are -

267543.png

Vidal

NuriSahin_1270454.jpg

Sahin

joao-moutinho-close-200.jpg

Moutinho

Winner of Midfielder of the year is ......... Sahin

NuriSahin_1270454.jpg

"His awareness and control of the Midfield is amazing , currently our top scorer as well so he brings a lot to the club".

Forward of the year , nominees are -

Roberto-Soldado-111123-Celebrates-AI-300.jpg

Soldado

Welliton_2509604.jpg

Welliton

suarez-uruguay.png

Suarez

Forward of the year is ............. Soldado

Roberto-Soldado-111123-Celebrates-AI-300.jpg

" He has always been a goal threat and produces goals we need at vital times , of course Suarez is great but Soldado has the one up on him today".

Awards Ceremony

Young player of the year , nominees are -

Jones

joueur_14381.jpg

Hazard

Christian-Eriksen.jpg

Eriksen

Young player of the year is .............. Jones

"He has really stepped up into the first team , we have always lacked quality at the back and with him there now and considering his age we have a class player for the next ten years or so".

And now the final award - Player of the year , nominees are -

Joe-Hart-1.jpg

Hart

NuriSahin_1270454.jpg

Sahin

Badstuber.jpg

Badstuber

The winner of the player of the year is ................... Joe Hart

Joe-Hart-1.jpg

The boy has been the star since i have taken over , his saves have lead us to the position we are now and i never want to sell this lad.

If you want to win titles you must have depth

In recent reports a lot of high profile managers have said the key to winning titles is depth and this statement hasn't gone unnoticed by Thaliwal who was the leading man backing up this. Tonight a deal has been completed to see Mali superstar forward Maiga join Birmingham city for a reasonable 8 million pound fee from Brazilian club Palmeiras.

The boy is only 24 and wont be 25 until well another year. He is a very clinical player and shown that with 6 goals and 5 assists in 12 games. I don't think the lad will come into handy right now but a year in development can help him and can be a great asset if a player is out of action.

4720e4ed697b7a2d20443fb2b56ff9ed.jpeg

Back room staff have said that the recent buy of Maiga has come from the departure of Kucka for 8.5 million. Kucka was a part of the Gervinho deal which saw Ola Toivonen and Kucka leave for Gervinho. However with the cash used Maiga came in so in all smart dealing by Thaliwal to bring in Gervinho and Maiga for Ola and Kucka.

The ins and outs

With all recent speculation surrounding Croatian born Ivan Perisic leaving Birmingham in seek of a new club to secure first team football and not just be a loan toll came true. Fenerbahce SK had Perisic on loan where he played 14 games in league , cup and European competition. In his 14 games he managed only 3 assists however this was more than good enough for the Turkish giants to come back and place a bid of £13 million which was respectfully accepted by Thaliwal.

I know he was the Croatian player of the year in all last season however he wasn't going to ever come into the first team. There was too many better players and the fee given was too good to turn down. Perisic has manay qualities and can easily reach potential in Turkey. I wish him the best.

With the cash added by the chairman to Birmingham's transfer kitty Thaliwal knew it was time to make the money count.

154430_news.jpg

Andrea Poli

First off £8.3 million was used to go forward with long term target Andrea Poli who can bring extra depth into midfield as Lucas has just left. Poli has been dubbed the future of Italy's midfield and Thaliwal hope to make that happen.

He is a star player , he has quality on the ball and great vision and not only that he is a team leader.

Football_-_Premier__543815t.jpg

Junior Hoilett

The creative spark in Blackburn's wings have been stolen right under their noses as the young shining light himself Hoilett has completed a move to Birmingham for around the £5 million mark.

This kid just screams potential , with Hazard and Gervinho here im sure he will pick up a thing or two about being a class winger.

Birmingham seal Shield victory in style

2973546861-soccer-carling-cup-final-arsenal-v-birmingham-city-wembley-stadium.jpg

Birmingham have come as the underdogs going into Wembley stadium only to go on after 90 minutes to win the English Shield. Birmingham went to play against rivals Arsenal who are currently third in the league. Arsenal went in as favorites and no one would of predicted a win for the midlands side with bookies going against a Birmingham win with odds of 10/1. This trophy is the first in the Thaliwal era and what a way to claim it. Periera was to break the deadlock in the first half with a sweet volley into the top corner past a motionless Mandanda. Arsenal hit back strong testing Joe Hart at every angle until Ruiz clinched one back after an error made by the City defense which allowed Ruiz to beat the offside trap. However the resilient Birmingham side came back with Moutinho scoring an amazing goal from 40 yards and the match was sealed at the 89th minute when Welliton finished things off.

I am soo proud of my side its unbelievable. I think this will make us step up our game as supports will expect much more from us and thats what i wanted. More of a challenge is what i want. The fans of the club have had nothing to celebrates for in decades and im very proud to be the manager to lead my side to glory. I will repeat success soon.

Joao-Moutinho-wishes-to-remain-at-FC-Porto,-unlike-Chelsea-bound-Radamel-Falcao-and-Hulk-81389.jpg

Moutinho - Man of the match

Moutinho was great on the night and was the reason we won the shield. It was a team effort but i feel without his spark and creativeness it would of been difficult. Maybe we should change the Midfield player of the year.

Birmingham are now 6th in the league and can easily get back in the top four with a victory Brighton which should be a walk in the park for the side who come off a high with such a big victory. Thaliwal has already declared his aspirations for a top four finish after already being in charge for sic seasons. The transformation has been phenomenal and the fans hope it carries on forever. The side still have the SMFA Shield second leg to enjoy but have to be on their best form and perform in the match as the score is 2-2 from the first leg.

Team to play against Brighton and Hove Albion -

Hart (c)

Van der Wiel Badstuber Jones Periera

Moutinho Sahin

Hamsik Hazard

Soldado Suarez

• 3 weeks later...

We all love James Milner

c-image-10-796391163.jpg

Milner playing for the three lions

The one and only James Milner has finally made his move to Birmingham City after many seasons of hard thought negotiations with former side Manchester City. Milner is a England international and played a vital role within Manchester City for the best part of six seasons. Milner's only success with his former club has been the English Cup which is over five seasons ago. With Manchester City not managing to even win a title in soo long with the power and money they had at their disposal Milner thought his time was up at the club and had to part ways for a new adventure which would result in success. James is only twenty six years of age with his birthday just gone so he still has many good years ahead of him at Birmingham City now. Birmingham are recent English Shield winners after beating Arsenal. With Birmingham already played City at the Etihad Stadium , Milner had first hand experience at what the club's football and progress has been like under highly successful manager Thaliwal. Milner got the only goal for City in the match.

James is a highly skilled player and is a professional. I have great belief in Milner and he will be able to fill the void in midfield which has been left by Lucas who we all feel the effects off. With James coming in now i feel we have real depth within the squad and can possibly just let the youth develop and sit back, relax and win trophies.

James-Milner-001.jpg

James Milner at a press conference about his move to Birmingham

I feel soo proud to be apart of this fantastic team. The people here have been amazing welcoming me in to the club from the staff to the players to the manager himself. Myself and Manchester City felt our time with each other was at a sad end and i couldn't refuse the chance to move to Birmingham. I came here to win and we shall do so. I mean only yesterday did they beat Manchester United.

Milner has signed up a five year contract with Birmingham city showing that he is here for the club and wants to be successful. Milner may take part in Birmingham's next game which is against Sunderland at the Stadium of light.

• 3 weeks later...

Forever singing

birmingham-city-fans-203249696.jpg

Birmingham fans still static over the Shield win over Arsenal have just witnessed a real disaster at the Emirates tonight with the visitors thumping Arsenal 7-0. Everybody was shocked to see this result and many of which will be wanting to watch match of the day or go onto youtube to see this for themselves. This win shows a real landmark of the impact Thaliwal has on Birmingham to succeed and win with also defeating Manchester United and Liverpool at St Andrews only a few games ago. With the talisman players out of action which includes Badstuber , Sahin and Hamsik of which two won awards in their positions showing the importance of their positions in the club and the major weakness without them in the starting 11 Birmingham still show faith and determination to win.

Star in the making

_55802043_dannywelbeck640.jpg

Danny Welbeck

Danny Welbeck was allowed a few months ago to be loaned out as Thaliwal deemed him surplus to the squad. Clubs came in fast to gain the young lad and Liverpool sealed the loan move. From which Welbeck has played 11 games and scored 8 goals which would take him level with current top scorer Sahin of Birmingham. Did Thaliwal make a mistake by loaning out such an influential player and such a vital time in the season.

I know iv been scoring many goals since my loan spell however this is just to prove i deserve a starting place in the Birmingham team. I have mad Thaliwal see his ways and think now i will be vital in his plans in the near future.

Birmingham currently sit 4th in the league table , with already claiming the Shield and in the Cup still against arch rivals Aston Villa it seems like tough times in store to keep up the momentum. Considering already winning the Shield the fans are more than happy with the season already but will love to be traveling to support their team at the biggest names in football has to offer in the SMFA Cup.

Not long left until the end

There are only 9 games left of the season and everything is hotting up right now. Birmingham currently sitting fourth are now five points a drift of fifth place which gives them a good chance if they keep their nerve for a place in the SMFA Cup place come next season. Blues however were title contenders at one point in the season , tending not to play at their best sees them dropping points left right and center. Thankfully they have picked up pace once again and got into some real form. Currently having 54 points on the board with nine games to go is a real improvement from last seasons finish of 59 points. Birmingham currently the form team of the league claiming 16 points from 18 seem themselves in a steady position to end the season on a high. Already lifting up the Shield more success might be on the way. Recent game gone past will be the highlight of the season for most fans to go to Villa park and walk out with all three points after a 2-1 win. Gervinho and highly regarded midfield player Hazard were on the score sheet to send Villa fans home crying. Gervinho converted the spot kick after former blues player Musacchio brought down Suarez in the box. Gervinho later on was to set up Hazard for his goal with a drilling cross into the box as Hazard leaped over the Villa defence to nod home. The game in itself was amazing to watch however the headlines will not be made by the football but the Birmingham fans invading the pitch to let the Villa fans know what they were thinking.

article-1362960-0D77EC37000005DC-104_468x326.jpg

Scenes of Birmingham fans being held back by the police to stop any violence which might of taken place. Some say this is justified as the fans are allowed to speak their mind and express their feeling. However many feel it was very disrespectful not only to the clubs involved but football to give it such a bad name. From this the police had to detain many fans and caused a lot of havoc.

Violence-004.jpg

Flares being launched from fans to one another

Personally i feel that as fans they can say whatever they want , and by means if they want to invade the pitch they can do so as to be fair its their pitch and their club. Never the less i won't tolerate violence , i know there is a heated rivalry with Birmingham and Villa fans but that doesn't mean it has to go into such extreme lengths to prove something.

Eden Hazard - The future of Birmingham

Eden-Hazard-expresses-his-desire-to-leave-LOSC-Lille-Ligue-1-news-108262.jpg

Some are to say he is one of the biggest prospects in the game , some same he is the game and while others say he is "the new Messi". In all no one can doubt the ability of the boy and at only 21 years of age he will be a vital part of the Birmingham city squad for a long time to come. Birmingham city fans have become aware in recent days that big clubs have tried to inquire about the availability around Hazard. It has been leaked that Barcelona have become big players in trying the lure the superstar away from St Andrews.

Barcelona are after me , i really didn't know.
If i am honest i don't want to leave Birmingham , they are my home and want to be the best i can be here.

Win , Win and Win

Birmingham City are on the verge on going to parts unknown to them , into the where only top European teams can only venture into. The SMFA Cup place is in sight , with a string hold of 7 points between them at 5th with only seven games to go there is great belief it will happen. Birmingham's run in seems tricky with tottenham , Manchester City , Stoke and Newcastle coming soon. Also with the Quarter finals of the English Cup against division 2 side the Cup seems winnable .

Everton and Darlington have been the latest clubs to fall to Birmingham in successive 2-1 wins. Everton traveled to St. Andrews where Birmingham were on the back of a amazing double win against Aston villa in the league and the English Cup. Goals from Soldado and Periera sealed the win within the first half , only to drop the clean sheet to Leon Osman strike which later was deemed to be offside but the replays.

Darlington and Birminghams clash at the Darlington Arena was a magical game with the underdogs going 1-0 up with a Rosina penalty. The lead wasn't held for long as Hazard Scored a penalty of his own which was gained after a trip on Hazard himself. They say the player whos been fouled shouldn't take the penalty however the myth was wrong. Hazard went on to Double the lead at the death with a shot from a yard away. The game itself had 50 shots from Birmingham city which shows the real fight in them to secure a high finish and take this momentum into the English Cup to see them pick up the double and secure a SMFA Cup place.

eden-hazard_25395_w250.jpg

Is it time to call the big guns

Englands-Danny-Welbeck-007.jpg

Since his move to Birmingham he has managed to feature one time failing to make a serious impact on the game , from which the Liverpool loan deal was made. Who would of thought Welbeck would of scored an amazing 11 goals and 6 assists in his 15 game spell at Liverpool. Thaliwal has already noticed this sudden improvement in Welbeck's game and goes on to say

Ok , i did notice Welbeck when he started to score a few goals for Liverpool , now it might be time to recall him. He is a young lad with bags of potential and he has learnt the way of English football. He has scored 11 now , thats one behind fellow team mate Messi.

• 2 weeks later...

Only four to go

Birmingham have now claimed sixty six points from thirty four giving them a respectable third spot in the English first division , with eight points separting them from fifth spot Everton and six from their next opponents Manchester City. However at third Birmingham have no chance to finish in the top of the league as Chelsea have clearly set their mark once again hopefully winning for the second consecutive year. Real fight was shown by the players at Birmingham with managing to be able to win three games in a row after a disaster performance at White Hart Lane against fierce opposition Tottenham. The game ended 4-1 with former blues player Darren Bent getting the man of the match award.

When you walk into the lane you don't expect a good result for yourself. At times i reconsider my decision to sell Bent as we don't have the prolific goal scorer anymore , he is a great player and i guess he knew the tactics to beat us.
You learn more from loses than your wins.

Lucas returns

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2Pgr54Kwk7Ls5qvXqMVAvHfapOGBhqBfy7flZuXs3qx4yGG6kbA

Lucas has returned after a very successful spell at Italian club Fiorentina scoring six goals and 5 assists. Very talented Brazilian comes back wanting to make sure his side have enough depth to deal with the immense schedule ahead.

After which Birmingham faced Cardiff at St Andrews and it looked like a totally different side had turned up. 3-0 win with Suarez , Sahin and Periera the goal scorers. Then the Big game which most fans were traveling for , Birmingham city vs Sheffield Wednesday in the quarter finals of the English Cup. The game was full of life and Birmingham were always going to be controlling the match. Rodwell was the only goal scorer with his first half strike which sends Birmingham into the Semi finals against West Ham at Upton Park. In the last eight times the clubs have meet the hammers have lost seven and drawn one. Thirty seven goals have come from the last eight games which have been played between these two.

Last fixture was the Newcastle game , where Birmingham traveled to St James park where the game ended 2-1 to the Visitors after a hard fought performance. Jones and Suarez the goal scorers for the blues.

The big news for the fans is the return Defender of the year Badstuber after a lengthy time out. He is likely to be included in the game against City as they will need to field their strongest team to try to retain the points needed to finish in the top four.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgBib7JCW2MQ_f2Hp7ehIKGELASC8bjHg6gDgyS783lWkQb3xA

A few kinds words from the German international

I am back in training and feel 100% fit. I want to play as soon as possible.
We are in a great position , Semi final soon and a top four spot nearly sealed.
When i was out i followed every game , visited as much as possible. I have a connection with the club.

Toni Kroos to Birmingham

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnIDB71vFSLiQvePc-c5xrBmgXUynk1U3sRfaDu2HfCiq2lXfI

German International Toni Kroos

Toni Kroos has completed his move from top four rivals Arsenal to Birmingham in a trade of Portuguese mid-fielding magician Moutinho.Moutinho who spent the best part of two seasons at Birmingham getting seven goals , eight assists and a strong average performance.Toni Kroos is a full German international and at the age of twenty two he has a few years on Moutinho. Kroos is known for his attacking presence in the heart of the midfield. It isn't likely Kroos will feature in the Manchester City game also with being Cup tied he may be used in the league only to allow rest for the other midfielders.

Kroos has really impressed me in recent years , strong young lad with great potential.
Imagine having Kroos , Hazard , Suarez and Sahin on the pitch all at once. We can be a real force.

Pjanic seals Midlands move

miralem-pjanic-ne-mache-pas-ses-mots-vis-a-vis-de-la-federat.jpg

Bosnia and Herzegovina international Pjanic

Bosnian star completes his move to Midlands club Birmingham city after many days of tough negotiations. Miralem has found life difficult since leaving Lyon where he had been a vital part of the first team. From Lyon to Barcelona he only managed to make 27 appearances in three seasons where he went to Manchester City for another sorrow time. Pjanic had impacted Manchester whenever he played however he never got enough time on the ball. Pjanic comes to Birmingham in a straight swap for Gervinho who hardly spent the season with the club.

The thing is with this deal is that Pjanic brings a different dynamic to the game. Gervinho was a born attacker , Pjanic is a playmaker even though the play similar positions.
I want Pjanic to settle in really well here. I am prepared to give him good playing time , now lets see what he can do.

All out for a special one

karim_benzema_1439428c.jpg

Karim Benzema

Karim Benzema has completed his move over night to Birmingham City from Real Madrid. Birmingham have expressed their need for a clinical goal scorer , Birmingham's leading goal scorer had been a midfield player. Which shows the lack of quality up front to finish. Benzema comes in from scoring 13 in 14 games , with an overall record of 122 games with 97 goals and 53 assists. Going to Real Madrid was Luis Suarez and Soldado. Soldado with 13 in 45 and Suarez with 7 goals in 35 games.

Lets face it , we needed a good goal scoring machine. Suarez and Soldado weren't cutting it.
They both were great players but the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few , the fans want a trophy and we can do so with Benzema.
I hope Benzema has live up to the expectations iv set for him.

With Benzema coming in , Welbeck and Ricky van Wolfswinkel have been recalled to try boost squad depth. Benzema picking up a knock in training means he wont play the game tonight and the semi final. Benzema will be a part of the vital end of season run to the top 4.

Defensive worries over ?

evans.jpg

Jonny Evans

Recently Birmingham have been very active in the market with Pjanic , Kroos and Benzema coming in. To cap it all off Birmingham have grown stronger in defense with Evans joining the ranks. Evans has come for the price of 9m from rivals West Bromwich Albion. Spending the best part of the season in the second division might leave him slacking quality needed to survive as a center half in the top flight. Previous spells at Manchester United and Bayern Munich.

I felt like no one had faith in me , from club to club. Falling into the second division.
Iv got such an amazing chance here to do well at a very successful club. Its great for Thaliwal to have enough faith in me to sign me up. I'm thankful.