Which football players have you met?

Frozy

Have you ever met a football player somewhere other than a football match? Did you take a picture? Had a conversation or perhaps just seen someone out and about. Tell us your experience! :D

I have met Fitz Hall of QPR when I was younger and didn't know who he was at the time lol. I have also met and had a chat with Junior Stanislas about 3 years ago when he was a youth at West Ham. And most importantly ladies and gentlemen! I have seen in my own eyes, the one and only Lionel Messi! :D I saw him in the Adidas promotional event 'catch me if you can' last month. Messi landed in a helicopter literally 10 minutes away from my house, and was supposed to play a substitute's role in an amateur match but it was cancelled due to crowd trouble :(

2q21qol.jpg

This is as much as I could possibly see. :D

Re: Which football players have you met?

YeaH I met Ricardo Kaka/Dida/Aubamayeng in 2007 in 2 times in the same occasion...

Milan had come for some Pre-season training in Malta and I have all 3 players autographs.

at one time I was out next Milan's Temporarily Hotel at like 6 : 30 am and Kaka walks out in the balcony and waves at me !!! True Story :)

I've met alot of Tottenham players but these are the ones i properly spoke to; Jenas, Gio Dos Santos, Modric, Corluka, Bale, Sandro and Van Der Vart, i got all their autographs and shock all there hands! :D

Also i saw Lionel Messi in the tottenham v Barcelona match in the Wembley Cup! Pitty he didnt play though also Xavi, Iniesta and Henry where all there.

;)

• 1 month later...

I met George Best (several times) when I was helping decorate his 2 nightclubs in Manchester (Oscars & Slack Alices) way back in the eary 70's.

I was young back then, and overawed!! He would come in to check progress with a girl on each arm. He stopped and chatted with us a bit, let us have any food and drink we wanted. Nice guy.

Met Geoff Hurst (early 90's) in Leicester and a conference. I was manager of Leicester City Ladies at the time and he kindly stayed for a photo-shoot with the team.

I was in DW gym last monday which is in the same complex as the Cardiff city stadium. So anyways me and my friend were in the jaccuzi at about 10am now as we went for an early gym sesh, and low and behold Peter Whittingham and Lee Naylor got in with us. I couldnt believe it! asked us if we go down and watch the footy and told him we were season ticket holders then we had a good 15odd minute talk before they headed off. Genuinley nice guy to talk to Whitts is :) got a few speading tickets aswell to pay he was telling us aswell :P.. Naylor never said all that much though tbh.

when charlie adam played with rangers, just b4 his move 2 blackpool i met him in tenerife at a scottish bar on veronicas strip , spent about an hour with him playing pool against him and me and him played 2gether in doubles. he is excellent at pool ,he destroyed me. got the photo's on the mrs facebook al get them later

Ex Liverpool player Ronnie Whelan was on the same plane as me. I also saw Francis Jeffers in JD. Saw Steven Pienaar outside my school when I was going for dinner and the next week I saw John Aldridge doing his gardening as he lives next to my school.

Also met Wayne Rooney and Thierry Henry when I was mascot for Everton against Arsenal, which was the day Rooney scored that fantastic goal.

Most famous had to be Kevin Radcliffe, ex Everton & Wales captain, when i went to Histon-Swansea last season. The game got called off, so we went to the ground anyway to look at the pitch and we got offered a lunch or whatever, and we sat on the same table as Kevin Radcliffe.

I've met Jonathan Greening, James Morrison & Chris Brunt, as they left the Liberty in a friendly with West Brom a couple of seasons ago.

I've met Trundle, Tate & Britts plenty of times, met Kristian O'Leary a couple of times in football training and when i was pretty young i used to play football with Adrian Forbes's son.

Nicest guy i met has to David Bird (Cheltenham), i always used to go to away games at Cheltenham because it's probably the nicest away trip to go to. Anyway after one of the away games i was in the pub and David Bird was in there, obviously at that sort of level i didn't recognize him but his dad started talking to me and anyway he was very friendly even though i was an opposition fan.

I was about 5metres away from Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema when Real Madrid were playing Shamrock Rovers. Ronaldo winked at my direction

Football Players i've Met and Friends With : Bare with me their not that famous lol.

I Met Thierry Henry but that was for like 30 secs lol...

Also Met Kieran Gibbs , Clichy , Rosicky , Van Persie & More..

Matthew Briggs ( Fulham ) went to the same school as me and was a class below me , he went out with my Sister for a while and i became friends with him from then lol , this was like 7 years ago.

Wayne Brown ( bristol Rovers , was with Fulham but was not working out to well with him with his injuries and not gettting much game time.

If it wasnt for Wayne's injuries he would have made it at Fulham no joke , He's still class but if he ever gets touched in the game he will go down like a bag of Potatoes.

Most famous had to be Kevin Radcliffe' date=' ex Everton & Wales captain, when i went to Histon-Swansea last season. The game got called off, so we went to the ground anyway to look at the pitch and we got offered a lunch or whatever, and we sat on the same table as Kevin Radcliffe.

[/quote']

He was a great player him.