Improvements to the Messaging System

amar19

For me, Checking my Private Messages, every time i Log in, is an essential part of playing this game, because without communication, negotiating transfers in this game with other managers is well.. pretty difficult...

What I am proposing is when you send a message to other managers, they will receive a notification, in the form of a pop up, that they have a new unread message, this may help other managers be aware that someone is trying to actually communicating with them, because currently the unread email button at the top of the page is far to small for new members to see. This may sound dumb, but i sent ten messages to the manager of Manchester united, who was infact new to the game, after seeing the ten unread emails in the top corner he actually found out that someone was trying to talk to him, and then he started talking. In my gameworld, there are active managers, but its hard negotiating with them if they dont know I have sent them a message,my point is the pop up notification will help managers know they have new unread messages. Also Another Addition SM, should introduce is a new feature which allows to know the other manager has read our message, i have seen this feature work, with various Social Networking sites, and this can be a useful feature to all SM players. Opinions Please

Thannks

Re: Improvements to the Messaging System

For me' date=' Checking my Private Messages, every time i Log in, is an essential part of playing this game, because without communication, negotiating transfers in this game with other managers is well.. pretty difficult...

What I am proposing is when you send a message to other managers, they will receive a notification, in the form of a pop up, that they have a new unread message, this may help other managers be aware that someone is trying to actually communicating with them, because currently the unread email button at the top of the page is far to small for new members to see. This may sound dumb, but i sent ten messages to the manager of Manchester united, who was infact new to the game, after seeing the ten unread emails in the top corner he actually found out that someone was trying to talk to him, and then he started talking. In my gameworld, there are active managers, but its hard negotiating with them if they dont know I have sent them a message,my point is the pop up notification will help managers know they have new unread messages. Also Another Addition SM, should introduce is a new feature which allows to know the other manager has read our message, i have seen this feature work, with various Social Networking sites, and this can be a useful feature to all SM players. Opinions Please

Thannks[/quote']

I agree with that, it would make communication and negotiating easier and faster!

Well I think the Notification in the form of a pop, when a manager logs in will be very useful addition to the messaging system, because when dealing with human managers,them not knowing they have messages really cuts off all communication, and makes transfer deals very very hard to do.

Chat, might be a little far streched out, because wouldnt the other manager have to be online at the same time to have a conversation?, this would actually be a bit harder, because we have lots of people playing this game around the globe, singapore, south America etc, and the time zone conflicts, would hinder the the function of the chat.

The Notification in the form of the pop up, would make the other manager aware he has a message, and it would make the messaging system much more faster and easier, and i am Sure SM, would have no problem installing such a feature, it is a simply a minor improvement, and the benefits of this new feature would speak for itself.

Yeah, make a mini-chat in each Game World, not like the old chatroom were it constantly was "being abused" :rolleyes:

Maybe we could just do a chat on one-to-one basis.

For example

Milan manager - John Billibob (offline)

Napoli manager - Paul Jones (online)

Etc.

And simply you just click on one's name, and discuss transfers from there.

Yeah' date=' make a mini-chat in each Game World, not like the old chatroom were it constantly "being abused" :rolleyes:

Maybe we could just do a chat on one-to-one basis.

For example

Milan manager - John Billibob (offline)

Napoli manager - Paul Jones (online)

Etc.

And simply you just click on one's name, and discuss transfers from there.[/quote']

Idea is good, but i dont think SM is too keen on the use of Chats, Because of the experiences of The chat room :o. Mini Chat would be good, but it would have to depend if the other managers log in, and stay online at the same time. Good idea though. But i feel the messaging system needs to be improved, the notification of a new message issued in a form of a pop up every time the other manager logs in, will make communication better and faster, as apart from looking at the very small email icon, there is no other way to tell you have a new message, this improvement would alert the manager, that they have a message in there inbox.;)

Well I think the Notification in the form of a pop' date=' when a manager logs in will be very useful addition to the messaging system, because when dealing with human managers,them not knowing they have messages really cuts off all communication, and makes transfer deals very very hard to do.

Chat, might be a little far streched out, because wouldnt the other manager have to be online at the same time to have a conversation?, this would actually be a bit harder, because we have lots of people playing this game around the globe, singapore, south America etc, and the time zone conflicts, would hinder the the function of the chat.

The Notification in the form of the pop up, would make the other manager aware he has a message, and it would make the messaging system much more faster and easier, and i am Sure SM, would have no problem installing such a feature, it is a simply a minor improvement, and the benefits of this new feature would speak for itself.[/quote']

Idea is good' date=' but i dont think SM is too keen on the use of Chats, Because of the experiences of The chat room :o. Mini Chat would be good, but it would have to depend if the other managers log in, and stay online at the same time. Good idea though. But i feel the messaging system needs to be improved, the notification of a new message issued in a form of a pop up every time the other manager logs in, will make communication better and faster, as apart from looking at the very small email icon, there is no other way to tell you have a new message, this improvement would alert the manager, that they have a message in there inbox.;)[/quote']

if you are worreid about time zone why ?

send a PM if they are offline, if not instant messaging.

anyway there is a thread for this already but in addition to PM it would be a welcome feature.

how can something be abused if you can just appear offline blah blah look at facebook. its perfect.

Idea is good' date=' but i dont think SM is too keen on the use of Chats, Because of the experiences of The chat room :o. Mini Chat would be good, but it would have to depend if the other managers log in, and stay online at the same time. Good idea though. But i feel the messaging system needs to be improved, the notification of a new message issued in a form of a pop up every time the other manager logs in, will make communication better and faster, as apart from looking at the very small email icon, there is no other way to tell you have a new message, this improvement would alert the manager, that they have a message in there inbox.;)[/quote']

not necessarily, you can be online and them offline, u send them a pm, and the pm will be there when the other manager logs on. then they reply to your pm, even if you offline. When you come back on next u see the pm and it be ready to respond.