4-2-3-1 Against the 3-5-2. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

amar19

I am playing a team tommoro, who play the 3-5-2.

The Opposition tactics are:

Tackling Style: Hard, Mentality: Attacking , Passing Style: Direct ,

Attacking Style: Mixed , Tempo: Fast , Pressing: Own Half , Play Style:

Counter-Attack

Tight Marking

Use Play Maker

Use Target Man

I play the 4-2-3-1

Squad average 95. Is this the right formation to play against a team who play the 3-5-2???.

Top of the league, i need to win, to ensure i mantain the lead, as at the moment the title chase is very close, 4 teams tied on second place.

Thanks. Also what are your experiences with this formation, the 4-2-3-1. Have you had success with it?. i do well against managed teams, but i only manage to draw against unmanaged teams.

Just to confirm, shall i play the 4-2-3-1 tommoro against the other team who play the 3-5-2.

Also can i play david villa as the target man in this formation??, will he Perform Well? As i dont have experiences playing a Fwd as a target man, i usually use torres as the target man, but tommoro, i want to play villa.

Thanks Very Much. All help Repped !;);)

Re: 4-2-3-1 Against the 3-5-2. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am playing a team tommoro' date=' who play the 3-5-2.

Counter-Attack

Tight Marking

Use Play Maker

Use Target Man

I play the 4-2-3-1

Squad average 95. Is this the right formation to play against a team who play the 3-5-2???.

[b'] Top of the league, i need to win, to ensure i mantain the lead,[/b] as at the moment the title chase is very close, 4 teams tied on second place.

Thanks. Also what are your experiences with this formation, the 4-2-3-1. Have you had success with it?. i do well against managed teams, but i only manage to draw against unmanaged teams.

Just to confirm, shall i play the 4-2-3-1 tommoro against the other team who play the 3-5-2.

Also can i play david villa as the target man in this formation??, will he Perform Well? As i dont have experiences playing a Fwd as a target man, i usually use torres as the target man, but tommoro, i want to play villa.

Thanks Very Much. All help Repped !;);)

if you are top of the league then surely you dont need help as what you have been doing is working fine :)

I think you'll struggle against 3-5-2 with your 4-2-3-1 as you are going to get outnumbered in midfield and he will have complete control of the game through the possession.

In my experience you are more likely to do better against this formation by either matching his formation, or my favourite tactic is to use 4-1-3-2,

Tick counter attack, men behind the ball

and set your tactics to defensive with a long ball game.

This way you bypass his midfield with the long ball, and completely outnumber his defense with your attackers, allowing you to outscore him, and by setting your tactics to defensive and men behind the ball, you've also got enough numbers to break down his attacks.

Hope this helps and let us know how you get on :D

I wouldn't play a 4-2-3-1 formation against a 3-5-2. The problem is that you'll concede too much possession.

Instead, i'd suggest either a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 depending on the strength of your midfield, although if you have Torres and Villa fit (90%+) then i'd go for 442.

Just go attacking, pressing all, mixed, no target man (since your front men's ratings are similar) and tackle hard. If your defence are decent (ie +2 advantage over opposite strikers and wingers) then go for offside too.

Best of luck.

Well Mate, I played the 4-2-3-1 Against a team rated 91 and I beat them at home, the other team played 3-5-2. I had 55%, had 22 shots on goal and had 9 shots on target. I beat them 4-1, i was playing away.

Just wanted to be sure about playing what formation tommoro, because i generally play well with the 4-2-3-1 formation against managed teams. I am kind of nervous about changing my formation, and my tactics, because i dont want to lose, and drop out of the title race. Its really tight at the top:eek:

Any more Help?, or shall i just stick to my orginal game plan?, the other teams best player is forlan who has scored 1, assisted 6:eek:, the lads on form. So i really need to plan this well.

Thanks For the help so far..

reppage for all ;)

I am playing a team tommoro' date=' who play the 3-5-2.

Counter-Attack

Tight Marking

Use Play Maker

Use Target Man

I play the 4-2-3-1

Top of the league, i need to win, to ensure i mantain the lead, as at the moment the title chase is very close, 4 teams tied on second place.

Thanks Very Much. All help Repped !;);)[/quote']

Well Mate' date=' I played the 4-2-3-1 Against a team rated 91 and I beat them at home, the other team played 3-5-2. I had 55%, had 22 shots on goal and had 9 shots on target. I beat them 4-1, i was playing away.

Just wanted to be sure about playing what formation tommoro, because i generally play well with the 4-2-3-1 formation against managed teams. I am kind of nervous about changing my formation, and my tactics, because i dont want to lose, and drop out of the title race. Its really tight at the top:eek:

Any more Help?, or shall i just stick to my orginal game plan?, the other teams best player is forlan who has scored 1, assisted 6:eek:, the lads on form. So i really need to plan this well.

My Squad:

[url']http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=402507&clubid=6101825&sid=17790[/url]

reppage for all ;)

As you found out, you used the correct formation as 4231 counters the 352. If it is working for you stick with it. Just be careful when you come up against a team playing 4231 or 3421. These formations will counter your 4231. And remember, another manager may spring them on you.;)

I play often in 3.5.2 and when i play against a 4.2.3.1 formation i change to a 4.5.1, so in my opinion you can continue to play with your basic formation :)

Concenrning Vidic, it's dangerous, risk of injury. Don't you make a subsitute at the 60e mn with another CB, even if he's less rated?

Vidic Is only 87 % fit.

Shall i play him?.

I have no other CB available to play.

I rarely play players if they are less than 95% fit.

You can try playing him if no one else is available.

If you're winning by 2 or 3 at half time you can sub him out for as DM, RB or LB. Do the same at 60 & 75 mins just in case. The sub may not play as well but hopefully your formation/tactics will compensate.

The less time Vidic is on the field the less chance of injury.

Well Mate' date=' I played the 4-2-3-1 Against a team rated 91 and I beat them at home, the other team played 3-5-2. I had 55%, had 22 shots on goal and had 9 shots on target. I beat them 4-1, i was playing away.

reppage for all ;)[/quote']

how did u do, mate?