Sign in to follow this  
Stuart H

The EC7345 4 Region Challenge

The EC7345 4 Region Challenge  

1. 1.

• Yes, bring on the challenge!
    • No, I'm chicken...

A friendly competition like no other!
The best additional tournament I've ever seen!

These are just some of the things that haven't been said about my plan... yet ;) I plan to create something on the basis of the popular 4 regions set-up using every club side in EC7345. There will be 4 conferences (N/E/S/W) who will all play a knock-out tournament between them until 2 conference 'champions' remain. These 8 sides will then go on to a further inter-region friendly knock-out event to find the strongest region in the game-world :D

There are no additional rules. Put out any team you like to try and represent your region. In the final competition you may ask other sides in your region for higher rated loans to boost your side. After all, fitness is unaffected. The only strict rule is that if a team fails to send a friendly request on the allotted date then they lose. If the opposition fails to accept the friendly challenge then they lose. All ties and inevitable byes will be decided by random.org. I will be asking all non-forumers if they wish to participate and if they do I ask that you send them an in-game PM to notify them of your friendly proposal and likewise please tell forumers of your invitation either via the forum or in-game.

The Regions

angel400.jpg

North:

Shorpe United

Barnsley

Blackburn Rovers

Blackpool

Bolton Wanderers

Bradford City

Burnley

Carlisle United

Hartlepool United

Hull City

Leeds United

Middlesbrough

Newcastle United

Preston North End

Sunderland

Wigan Athletic

Bury

Huddersfield Town

Oldham Athletic

Rochdale

beats_from_the_east.jpg

East:

Chesterfield

Colchester City

Derby County

Doncaster Rovers

Ipswich Town

Leicester City

Milton Keynes Dons

Northampton Town

Norwich City

Nottingham Forest

Notts County

Peterborough United

Rotherham United

Sheffield United

Sheffield Wednesday

Southend United

Wycombe Wanderers

Coventry City

Watford

Burton Albion

onion_imagearticle961.jpg&t=1

South:

AFC Bournemouth

Aldershot Town

Arsenal

Brentford

Brighton and Hove Albion

Charlton Athletic

Chelsea

Crystal Palace

Dagenham & Redbridge

Fulham

Gillingham

Leyton Orient

Millwall

Plymouth Argyle

Portsmouth

Queens Park Rangers

Reading

Southampton

Tottenham Hotspur

West Ham United

westside.jpg

West:

Exeter City

Yeovil Town

Bristol City

Bristol Rovers

Aston Villa

Birmingham City

Cardiff City

Everton

Liverpool

Manchester City

Manchester United

Shrewsbury Town

Stockport County

Stoke City

Swansea City

Swindon Town

Tranmere Rovers

Walsall

West Bromwich Albion

Wolverhampton Wanderers

I'd appreciate if you confirmed (or otherwise) your interest on the poll which I hope to post :P If you don't want to compete then a bye spot for the first round will be removed. If you do and don't send/accept a request then your side will automatically lose. In the event of a tie in the friendly the side with more corners will progress to shake things up a little :D

Please bring up any concerns you may have as to my geography skills :)

First Round Draw

Second Round Draw

Third Round Draw

Fourth Round Draw

Re: The EC7345 4 Region Challenge

Urf, how about the side with more yellow cards wins in the event of a tie, with red card counting as 2 yellows no matter as you get it? :D

How about total shots...corners could end up 0-0.

I'm up for this

Guest drseanfitz

go for it Stu-pot

if you need a hand at all give me a nod

Urf' date=' how about the side with more yellow cards wins in the event of a tie, with red card counting as 2 yellows no matter as you get it? :D

How about total shots...corners could end up 0-0.

I'm up for this[/quote']

It could. Interesting though isn't it :P I'll say result > corners > possession > shots on target in terms of finding a winner :)

How would non forum run teams compete Stu?........Thats my only problem with it

I'll be PMing them with my intentions and a link to this thread. If they don't want to join the forum then I will send them a PM reminding them to send/accept an invite. Dave also suggested having a prominent member in charge of each region to keep things in check. I already have an East and South candidate :)

I assume you're doing all the draws, byes etc. Stuart? :)

Would have to make sure that the right person sends the invite to get the game played at the right stadium.

4 teams get a bye for the first round in each region. How often would a game be played, do you reckon?

Oh yeh, I'm in :D Who's the chicken??? ;)

I assume you're doing all the draws' date=' byes etc. Stuart? :)

Would have to make sure that the right person sends the invite to get the game played at the right stadium.

4 teams get a bye for the first round in each region. How often would a game be played, do you reckon?[/quote']

Yes, I'll be making the draws :)

I'll post all fixtures up on here and then it'll either be up to me or the other (hopeful) region chiefs to remind the home sides to send a request.

No idea as to how fixtures will pan out yet but in the end the whole thing shouldn't take too long as it's entirely knock-out based.

Having a quick think through I'd guess there'll be 4 byes in each of the first 2 rounds. 16 + 4 -> 8 + 4 -> 8 -> 4 -> 2. Then 8 -> 4 -> 2 -> 1 so I make that 9 match-days :)

Before we expect Stuart to get into too much further detail' date=' perhaps we should concentrate on getting a few Bums on seats ( so to speak)...when does the Poll ( admission) close Stu?[/color']

I haven't set a closing date :o Was more looking for general support which I seem to have got :) Those who vote no will not participate and a bye will be removed. Those who don't vote will be assumed to be competing and if they don't send/accept a friendly they will lose by default. I'll PM the non-forum managers tonight :)

Guest drseanfitz

It seems like a good idea' date=' but for me ... as only two sides go through, as a divison 4 side there's not much chance of going through so it's best if i concentrate on the league.[/quote']

it's only a friendly contest, all you have to do is send/accept a request, if you don't change your team then no big whoop.

Seriously just give it a go

Yeeah im in great idea wasnt sure at first but iv come around to the idea. Question how do we find out who we have ect... :)

Once the threads been up for a day or 2 I'll make the draw. I'll first make a draw for each region to decide the 4 teams who'll sit the first round out. Then there will be another draw to randomise the remaining 16. Probably by nominating each team a number and random.orging it :) I'll then post up the fixtures and get the region 'heavies' to send all you a PM reminding you to send/accept friendly requests. The matches will be played between a date A and a date B to avoid SMFA difficulties and I'll put the scores on the thread as they happen :)

Could still do with a northern conference helper to send out a few PMs...

Non-forumers have been PMed in-game. Tad annoying as you aren't allowed to put URLs in the PM so I'll likely receive a load of confused replies :P I'll leave it for a day or 2 and try and make sure everyone gets a glance at the thread before making the first draw :) As it'll likely be a 9 game thing would people prefer it was done quickly (maybe a few months) or drawn out over the whole season?