How many teams?

This seemed like the best place to put this, although nowhere really seemed ideal.

I was just wondering how many teams regular members tend to have? From what I read on the forum, it seems as though most people have two rather than one, and I just wondered if this was true and if so why do people choose to have two and why do others stick to just one?

Personally I have just one (I joined in August and decided to try and take Darlington from Div 4 to Div 1 - going very well so far) but have been thinking about whether or not to get another (my mate has been asking me to join him in a league but I could also just join another one of my own choice).

So how many teams do other regular members have and why?

Re: How many teams?

This seemed like the best place to put this' date=' although nowhere really seemed ideal.

I was just wondering how many teams regular members tend to have? From what I read on the forum, it [i']seems[/i] as though most people have two rather than one, and I just wondered if this was true and if so why do people choose to have two and why do others stick to just one?

Personally I have just one (I joined in August and decided to try and take Darlington from Div 4 to Div 1 - going very well so far) but have been thinking about whether or not to get another (my mate has been asking me to join him in a league but I could also just join another one of my own choice).

I have 14 teams;)

Why not join the new EC 7351, it only opened at 12:00 and there are some teams left if you would like a challenge.

I have 10 GC's which being honest are not as good as the EC's and WC's for interaction and banter.:)

This seemed like the best place to put this' date=' although nowhere really seemed ideal.

I was just wondering how many teams regular members tend to have? From what I read on the forum, it [i']seems[/i] as though most people have two rather than one, and I just wondered if this was true and if so why do people choose to have two and why do others stick to just one?

As a professional manager(not a gold manager) , I have 3 club but with 2 different account. In the beggining I think to have just 1 team(I want to concentrate my Dortmund team) , but I decided to take another team becoz I want to feel the experience against the different opponent manager , different squad strenght and deep , and different game world type :)

Try to take another job mate , it will be interesting :D

Yeah I think I might. I might try a similar challenge in an Italian league. I was gonna try Spain but there are only two divisions, plus I can't be bothered coming up against the glory hunters who choose Barcelona and Real and dominate the top division. The Italian top division should at least be a little more even.

So what are the reasons you guys decided to have more than one team?

Well it might be dependent on the player themselves- some players want to get higher points accumulated and are pretty good at managing multiple teams. I have stuck with one team throughout (leyton orient) because it is easier.

Guess it depends on what you see as fun..also gold managers might have more teams than professional managers.

Guest Villa888

Yeah I think I might. I might try a similar challenge in an Italian league. I was gonna try Spain but there are only two divisions' date=' plus I can't be bothered coming up against the glory hunters who choose Barcelona and Real and dominate the top division. The Italian top division should at least be a [i']little[/i] more even.

So what are the reasons you guys decided to have more than one team?

More entertaining too have more than 1. You get to face different managers, create different types of teams (one could be made mostly of risers, one could be made of the Villa's and Ibrahimovic's). You have a chance to take small teams to the top more often then once. It's a different opportunity for you to face the class managers on here. It also helps you in scouting. I've found that if I found a player at an external club in one and not the other, I usually look at him in the other.

You get to face different managers' date=' create different types of teams (one could be made mostly of risers, one could be made of the Villa's and Ibrahimovic's). [/quote']

Yeah this was one of the reasons I thought about getting a second team. The worry I have with regards taking over the big team for my second one is that it may make me lose interest in my Darlington side.

If I am gonna get this second side, then I want to stick with it. I am also determined to stick with Darlington until at least such time as I get them into Div 1 and win the title. Too many people leave sides too soon (the ones who do it before they even play one game puzzle me the most), but if this game is to be the best it can be then more people need to stick with what they have for as long as possible (maybe adding teams too but not changing them constantly).

Cheers for the feedback so far lads - keep it coming.

Yeah this was one of the reasons I thought about getting a second team. The worry I have with regards taking over the big team for my second one is that it may make me lose interest in my Darlington side.

If I am gonna get this second side' date=' then I want to stick with it. I am also determined to stick with Darlington until at least such time as I get them into Div 1 and win the title. Too many people leave sides too soon (the ones who do it before they even play one game puzzle me the most), but if this game is to be the best it can be then more people need to stick with what they have for as long as possible (maybe adding teams too but not changing them constantly).

Cheers for the feedback so far lads - keep it coming.[/quote']

I think you'll find quite the opposite happening :). Taking over a big side, there is only so much improving of your side that you can do. As such, you sometimes find after a while that you have accummulating cash without any particular need and the only challenge remaining is to try and win as many titles as possible. Transfer activity reduces considerably.

On the other hand, there will almost always be ways in which you can improve your Darligton and you will continue to wheel and deal with them even when you are in the top division.

The best way to enjoy SM, is to have a variety of teams, for whom there is a variety of challenges. For the bigger sides, the challenge is to go for trebles and quadruples and reigh in SMFA competitions. For the medium sides, the challenge is to usurp the bigger sides from their expected titles. For smaller sides, targets are to move up the league ladder and compete with sides who have much better starting averages. Some prefer the bigger sides, others prefer the smaller side challenges. Personally, I equally like managing my Liverpool and Benfica in standard national gameworlds, when compared to managing very small sized sides such as the Al Zawraa I manage in a custom gameworld and my Bradford and Huddersfield sides whom I've managed for around 6 seasons in ECs. A variety of teams also means you will always have differing transfer targets and this keeps the game interesting in my opinion :)

Some good points there Doc - you really are smart, as your name suggests. Thanks!

I think I may consider a top side now then. Maybe River Plate as they are my team in Argentina and their new home shirt arrived in the post today so I am feeling inspired. Then again, I am still tempted by Italy, or maybe even Germany. Hmmmm...

ive got 12teams nd i join teams my mates are in

OK I went for it. I picked Athletico Bilbao in a Spanish Div 2. It seemed like a good compromise. One the one hand I chose a club in a bottom division so I get the challenge of promotion, but because they are a decent sized club in a two-division league, I still get to bring some better quality risers in and it shouldn't take me long to get to the top division to take on the (really) big boys.