Is anyone else confused about how much power SMFA has on transfers?

In one of my leagues the manager of manchester united has been consistently getting top players in dodgy ways, many of them from managers who join the league, make some deals with him then leave.

But in the same league I've received many blocked bids for my players and when I opened a ticket to sort this out all I get is a reply that states "SMFA has the power to block any deals it finds unfairly balanced" etc..

I'll give you an example too:

manchester united has bought the following (bold = now at utd) :

Xavi - straight swap for Mascherano

Mascherano - straight swap for YToure + Albiol

Robben + Ballotelli + £10mil - for Diego Ribas

Pedro - £1.2M + Albert JORQUERA (who isn't on the database so I'm guessing he retired?)

Lucio & D.Milito - straight swap for Tevez

Evra - straight swap for Frey. Other team already had a top GK.

+ more that I can't be bothered to check out.

And most of these were from temp managers.

Now these are two deals of mine that have been recently blocked:

Marquez - £17mil

I had three managers bidding from him from 10 - 17, I accepted highest bid and it gets blocked.

I bid over £35mil for Buffon, from a manager I had already bought from that season, and it gets blocked.

Is anyone else experiencing things like this?

Re: SMFA power

Definately something seems a bit fishy with them deals, i have a few of these a week, recently Di Natale for 11m at a club where i dont know the guy and havnt delt with him before so if someone can explain to me how thats "cheating" its beyond me, with this all happening it sort of ruins a already good game. Back on subject though

:P i suggest do what garymack said and follow up a ticket which all the information on the other managers deals, i dont think SM will do anything about your deals getting blocked though

Well I clicked the "illegal" button for the Robben, Ballotelli + cash deal as well as Xavi for Masch deal but nothing came of it.

I don't want to spoil someone's fun because ...well.. it's only a game. But I just don't understand why the SMFA decision is so final when it makes no sense.

When I have a bidding war for a player, why does SMFA stop me accepting the highest deal?

At the end of the day, negotiation is also a skill you need in this game so if you're good at it then why not use it?

In one of my leagues the manager of manchester united has been consistently getting top players in dodgy ways' date=' many of them from managers who join the league, make some deals with him then leave.

But in the same league I've received many blocked bids for my players and when I opened a ticket to sort this out all I get is a reply that states "SMFA has the power to block any deals it finds unfairly balanced" etc..

manchester united has bought the following ([b']bold [/b]= now at utd) :

Pedro - £1.2M + Albert JORQUERA (who isn't on the database so I'm guessing he retired?)

Marquez - £17mil

I had three managers bidding from him from 10 - 17, I accepted highest bid and it gets blocked.

I bid over £35mil for Buffon, from a manager I had already bought from that season, and it gets blocked.

All the good players have been called for in my league! But in my other one, all the good players, I can't afford. But yeah, its happened to me before, and it seems like the Man United manager in your setup is cheating by using multiple accounts.

All the good players have been called for in my league! But in my other one' date=' all the good players, I can't afford. But yeah, its happened to me before, and it seems like the Man United manager in your setup is cheating by using multiple accounts.[/quote']

Yeah it doesn't make sense. I've seen SMFA block deals between unmanaged and external teams too. In one of my leagues someone came in and managed Sevilla, bought Arshavin and then left. Then Arsenal and another external team bid for him and both get blocked by the SMFA, and since you can't buy from unmanaged clubs in that league, Arshavin is just stuck at Sevilla.

In one of my leagues the manager of manchester united has been consistently getting top players in dodgy ways' date=' many of them from managers who join the league, make some deals with him then leave.

manchester united has bought the following ([b']bold [/b]= now at utd) :

Marquez - £17mil

In my experience, pressing the 'Illegal?' button does nothing unless the deal has not yet gone through and loads of people press it too. When these things happen in my Game Worlds, I write a ticket to SM listing all the dodgy transfers and explaining why each one is dodgy (i.e. the manager joined and left straight away, the manager bought from doesn't do deal with other people etc.). If you argue a reasonable case, the SMFA will take action, or at least they have when I report deals.

In my experience' date=' pressing the 'Illegal?' button does nothing unless the deal has not yet gone through [i']and[/i] loads of people press it too. When these things happen in my Game Worlds, I write a ticket to SM listing all the dodgy transfers and explaining why each one is dodgy (i.e. the manager joined and left straight away, the manager bought from doesn't do deal with other people etc.). If you argue a reasonable case, the SMFA will take action, or at least they have when I report deals.

Well doing that will just mean a lot of effort just to spoil someone's fun.

I'm just annoyed that that can happen but then I can't get a regular deal go through, and then actually going to the effort of submitting a ticket results in nothing. Surely something's wrong here.

Well doing that will just mean a lot of effort just to spoil someone's fun.

I'm just annoyed that that can happen but then I can't get a regular deal go through' date=' and then actually going to the effort of submitting a ticket results in nothing. Surely something's wrong here.[/quote']

You were willing to go to the effort of writing it on the forum. You could easily have written the same thing to SM and let them handle it. I'm just saying that if you have a case, something will happen. If you don't have a case, nothing will happen. It's that simple.

It seems it's getting harder and harder to report cheating and get SMFA to act on it now.

A few weeks ago two managers tried to put a dodgy deal through and I raised a ticket and it was reversed by the SMFA. They have just put an identical deal through so I reported it using the illegal transfer system only to be told there is no evidence of any cheating - despite it previously being reversed for that very reason!

Throw in the fact that in at least 3 setups I'm in there is one person managing more than one club and because they haven't yet put a deal through between them I can no longer report it, and it seems that SM are looking for a quiet life when it comes to cheating.

I once worked out that a guy in one of the GW I was in was managing 1 main team and 3 extra teams at the same time, buying the players he wanted for the three extra teams for mega money, then leaving so they were available for him to buy at chairman value.....but since it was an unmanaged team SMFA wouldn't do anything about it

How have you guys been catching these people out?

there last log in is usually a few minutes apart.

the players they sign are usually shortlisted by the main team.

after buying the players the manager leaves, then a new manager takes over another club the same day usually with the same D.O.B and date of start.

they will buy a player for mega cash then sell them at a fraction of the price after the transfer ban is up or use them in a swap for a player not as good

Pretty much what has been said. I don't blame SM for a lot of this - they have thousands of setups so they can't monitor everything.

I have 14 teams though, and most of them are in established games where manager turnover is low, or big transfers are very rare. So when you see two people come into a game with similar names within seconds of each other and you see one sell a player to another for a massive bid or a mega player move between the clubs on the cheap then you know there is something going on.

There is a team in one of my games that has a gem of a player unmanaged. I've had him shortlisted since I started the game about a month ago and have the cash to bid. But every other day, the SAME reputation 42 manager comes in, takes the team on, then leaves them again - locking the team from doing any transfers for 7 days. My guess is that it is one of the two managers in the game that are hoarding players to stop other people having a competitive team.

But I can't report it now because there's no mechanism for reporting anything unless it's a suspicious transfer, and the chances of action being taken are nil.

Pretty much what has been said. I don't blame SM for a lot of this - they have thousands of setups so they can't monitor everything.

I have 14 teams though' date=' and most of them are in established games where manager turnover is low, or big transfers are very rare. So when you see two people come into a game with similar names within seconds of each other and you see one sell a player to another for a massive bid or a mega player move between the clubs on the cheap then you know there is something going on.

There is a team in one of my games that has a gem of a player unmanaged. I've had him shortlisted since I started the game about a month ago and have the cash to bid. But every other day, the SAME reputation 42 manager comes in, takes the team on, then leaves them again - locking the team from doing any transfers for 7 days. My guess is that it is one of the two managers in the game that are hoarding players to stop other people having a competitive team.

But I can't report it now because there's no mechanism for reporting anything unless it's a suspicious transfer, and the chances of action being taken are nil.[/quote']

That is annoying! Things like that simply inspire other people to cheat just to match. If this carries on, what's to stop you from making a second account behind a proxy and taking over that team to buy the player? Nothing!

Although this is a problem, my main problem is the balance of power between the SMFA blocking deals vs. managers cheating.

Why is one so strictly enforced yet the other is rarely monitored!?

there last log in is usually a few minutes apart.

the players they sign are usually shortlisted by the main team.

after buying the players the manager leaves' date=' then a new manager takes over another club the same day usually with the same D.O.B and date of start.

they will buy a player for mega cash then sell them at a fraction of the price after the transfer ban is up or use them in a swap for a player not as good[/quote']

Good work Watson.

Seriously though, that's pretty good detective work. I am obviously not paying enough attention to my fellow managers.

Any time I reported cheating the old way, using tickets, SM always checked it out and acted on it.

I don't like the new way, I just posted another thread about it, you apparently have to be on top of them as it happens or you miss your chance to report.

I'm sure SM gets unfounded complaints all the time and they need to cut back on the tickets they receive, but it only takes one cheater to quickly ruin a game world. Making it harder to report them only enables them to do it more often.

Any time I reported cheating the old way' date=' using tickets, SM always checked it out and acted on it.[/quote']

I agree. Occasionally you'd get someone say there was nothing wrong with a deal or with someone running multiple accounts and you'd rereport it and it would get dealt with at the second time of asking, but in general SM got it right first time.

Now..... erm, yeah. Well.