Stealing Player Right Under Your Nose

Annoying, annoying! Just lost a player rated 93 in a very competitive setup.

I shortlisted the player ages ago and NO one else shortlisted him, and when his "transfer ban" is over in yesterday, i bid him then i went to bed.

Woke up in the next morning, the another manager who DID NOT shortlisted him bid him and get him, now just waiting the deal to be complete.

Do you ever heard of "bid war"? I would rather to have a "bid war" with the manager rather than completely losing the deal to him in such a lame situation. Sleeping is not a sin or a wrong doing ok.

Aren't "bid war" is in real life football too?

The reason i put a low bid is simply because no one else is shortlisted him. If i know this would happen, you really think the another manager will get the player right under my nose and me without putting a fight? Yea right....

What's the point of having a players to be shortlisted anyway?

Might as well do it like this guy, hide in the dark and strike me when i am not aware.

Yes im saying this guy know that if he shortlisted the player, i will get the notice message and hence he plays dirty. Both of us are experience managers btw.

Is SM supporting such behavior so that managers could "bid late" to steal players?

Is just so unfair that SM has made the rules this way.

Re: Stealing Player Right Under Your Nose

Annoying' date=' annoying! Just lost a player rated 93 in a very competitive setup.

I shortlisted the player ages ago and NO one else shortlisted him, and when his "transfer ban" is over in yesterday, i bid him then i went to bed.

Woke up in the next morning, the another manager who DID NOT shortlisted him bid him and get him, now just waiting the deal to be complete.

Do you ever heard of "bid war"? I would rather to have a "bid war" with the manager rather than completely losing the deal to him in such a lame situation. Sleeping is not a sin or a wrong doing ok.

The reason i put a low bid is simply because no one else is shortlisted him. If i know this would happen, you really think the another manager will get the player right under my nose and me without putting a fight? Yea right....

Might as well do it like this guy, hide in the dark and strike me when i am not aware.

Yes im saying this guy know that if he shortlisted the player, i will get the notice message and hence he plays dirty. Both of us are experience managers btw.

Is SM supporting such behavior so that managers could "bid late" to steal players?

Is just so unfair that SM has made the rules this way.[/quote']

Maybe you slept for 24 hours? Usually a bid takes 16-24+ hours to be accepted, so yeah its a bid wierd that your bids got accepted straight away.

If you made your bid in the morning/afternoon and didnt check again untill the next day then its your own fault. But if you made a bid in the evening went to bed and woke up early and your bids were accepted.. than its a bit unlucky i guess.

He didnt play dirty at all, when he made the bid you received a message that he too made a bid, so you should have made a counter offer.

I recently had a player short listed along with another team. All of a sudden I see in transfer news that this player has been bought by the other team who shortlisted him and i didnt even get a message! :confused:

Guest Villa888

Annoying' date=' annoying! Just lost a player rated 93 in a very competitive setup.

So he should have to shortlist a player to get him? That means before every season you have to shortlist a player and then make a bid for him... It's pointless. He made an intelligent move to get a great player.

the only quick fix that i can see, is to have a longer timer until the deal was accepted

if 18-24 hours puts the 1st bidder in an unfair situation, then set it to 48 hours timer reset after the 2nd bidder or 3rd bidder or so, now all parties are in fair

is silly to actually tell to the 1st bidder to login 24 times in 24 hours

why do we need a fix for this ? He got outsmarted in the transfer market. If i make a bid for a player at 00:01 when his transfer ban is up' date=' i check in the morning to see if there has been another bid. Please dont complain about something that is YOUR fault not the GAME.[/quote']

Bingo, do exatly the same, i understand that you ent going to be on 24/7 but just because YOU didnt log on to check doesnt mean its a problem!

No problem here - it happens in real life where players are lost at last minute ( see Roy Keane from Forest to Man Utd for example, where he had shook hands with Dalglish at Blackburn on the friday but they couldnt get the paperwork through as it was past 5pm and the staff didnt work at the weekend - alas Fergie nipped in and "stole" him.

However I do think there is potential about the "timer" being reset every time a new bid is made. I feel that this would make a battle for a sought after player between 6-7 clubs quite entertaining and would take around a week to complete which would seem about right if he is highly sought after ( decision to make etc = realism ).

There are obviously some complications regarding this as no doubt there will be some who would attempt to abuse this feature to disrupt the game for others, but implemented properly would add a nice touch.

Annoying' date=' annoying!

ANNOYING is the word for it. you lost out, your fault nobody elses. yes its annoying NOTHING is wrong with the system, SM do not encourage anything like this.

how many times have you stolen players ?

btw you can't steal players it is a game.

stop winging because you lost out on one good player and find the next bargain.

nothing is wrong with the game just because you don't win everything all the time dosn't mean its broken ok.

Shortlisting a player does not give you the right to purchase him. It is just for your own reference. In fact, it was pretty smart of him not to shortlist the player because he did not want anyone else to realize that he was in pursuit of the player.

really who actually cares?

i lost luis fabiano after missing out on him the first time, then milan got the bid accepted before i knew wat was going on

i carried on and guess what. im fine

1 player dosnt make a team. you can have 1 93 player, or you can buy some risers, sell em and get the money to bid for 2-3 90-3 players