Competitive Bidding process

An idea I noticed regarding a previous thread (credit also to Meis) I feel may be a decent addition for those who like to be competitive. It is about the 24 hour timer that is activated when a bid is made for a player ( the 24 hour timer that counts down to acceptance of bid/bids ).

I.e Club A bids for very sought after Zinedine Heskey:D at 2pm knowing that acceptance will be around 2pm the following day and therefore has a 24 hour wait.

Club B bids for very sought after Zinedine Heskey at 1.30pm the following day.

Either bid is accepted 30 mins later.

Now here is what I propose - flame throwers at the ready;):D

I do think there is potential about the "timer" being reset every time a new bid is made. I feel that this would make a battle for a sought after player between 6-7 clubs quite entertaining and would take around a week to complete which would seem about right if he is highly sought after ( decision to make etc = realism ).

There are obviously some complications regarding this as no doubt there will be some who would attempt to abuse this feature to disrupt the game for others, but implemented properly would add a nice touch.

Re: Competitive Bidding process

An idea I noticed regarding a previous thread (credit also to Meis) I feel may be a decent addition for those who like to be competitive. It is about the 24 hour timer that is activated when a bid is made for a player ( the 24 hour timer that counts down to acceptance of bid/bids ).

I.e Club A bids for very sought after Zinedine Heskey:D at 2pm knowing that acceptance will be around 2pm the following day and therefore has a 24 hour wait.

Club B bids for very sought after Zinedine Heskey at 1.30pm the following day.

Either bid is accepted 30 mins later.

Now here is what I propose - flame throwers at the ready;):D

I do think there is potential about the "timer" being reset every time a new bid is made. I feel that this would make a battle for a sought after player between 6-7 clubs quite entertaining and would take around a week to complete which would seem about right if he is highly sought after ( decision to make etc = realism ).

There are obviously some complications regarding this as no doubt there will be some who would attempt to abuse this feature to disrupt the game for others' date=' but implemented properly would add a nice touch.[/quote']

Its fine how it is imo, and waiting for up to a week would be too long

It wouldn't be a week or anywhere near imo with 90% of players.

Imo I could see it only affecting highly sought after players ( the Pique's, Mullers, Ozil's of this world ) in highly competitve worlds which people are seeking at the moment.

For the majority of players it wouldn't really be noticeable at all due to the fact that most bids can be swiftly completed unopposed in todays's SM. At worst in most Game worlds you might have to wait an extra few hours as it is a rare occurence that a new bid is made just a few hours from acceptance

It wouldn't be a week or anywhere near imo with 90% of players.

Imo I could see it only affecting highly sought after players ( the Pique's' date=' Mullers, Ozil's of this world ) in highly competitve worlds which people are seeking at the moment.

For the majority of players it wouldn't really be noticeable at all due to the fact that most bids can be swiftly completed unopposed in todays's SM. At worst in most Game worlds you might have to wait an extra few hours as it is a rare occurence that a new bid is made just a few hours from acceptance[/quote']

I can see your point, but i can see more people complaining thats its taking too long than it going through "too quick" i would rather other stuff being improved that would make a difference

Austin is right - too many people would complain about this. However' date=' I quite like the idea.[/quote']

Well there is so much abuse to this, because if lets say a team has 200 mill bank roll and they go after a player(s), along with other people, if time is cancelled evertime a new bid happens, that 200 mill manager will just re-bid back to keep increasing the price and increasing the wait time, even if he doesn't want the player. This will frustruate tons of managers, because they will be competing other managers who may not even want that player(s), and also the values of players would be too much for managers to afford (rediculous prices not worth for players).

So say for example ozil is 21 mill, and it happens that this 200 mill manager keeps outbidding other players, and the price ends up 40 mill. once the bid is accepted, he can just cancel it, because he/she didn't want that palyer in the first place. Then what he/she can do is watch that player again, and re-bid the same way, and cancel the bid over again. So instead of having 24hr processing time, this could result in even having a manager who does this for a whole month, just to get others angry. At least with the 24 hr system, you only see managers bidding on players if they are worth it, and can make them profit.

Well there is so much abuse to this' date=' because if lets say a team has 200 mill bank roll and they go after a player(s), along with other people, if time is cancelled evertime a new bid happens, that 200 mill manager will just re-bid back to keep increasing the price and increasing the wait time, even if he doesn't want the player. This will frustruate tons of managers, because they will be competing other managers who may not even want that player(s), and also the values of players would be too much for managers to afford (rediculous prices not worth for players).

So say for example ozil is 21 mill, and it happens that this 200 mill manager keeps outbidding other players, and the price ends up 40 mill. once the bid is accepted, he can just cancel it, because he/she didn't want that palyer in the first place. Then what he/she can do is watch that player again, and re-bid the same way, and cancel the bid over again. So instead of having 24hr processing time, this could result in even having a manager who does this for a whole month, just to get others angry. At least with the 24 hr system, you only see managers bidding on players if they are worth it, and can make them profit.[/quote']

Yep I see what you are saying - good point. I suppose you would either have to have it so that SM act if a player does this more than once, or even change it so that you cannot pull out of a deal once you have had your bid accepted.

Well there is so much abuse to this' date=' because if lets say a team has 200 mill bank roll and they go after a player(s), along with other people, if time is cancelled evertime a new bid happens, that 200 mill manager will just re-bid back to keep increasing the price and increasing the wait time, even if he doesn't want the player. This will frustruate tons of managers, because they will be competing other managers who may not even want that player(s), and also the values of players would be too much for managers to afford (rediculous prices not worth for players).

So say for example ozil is 21 mill, and it happens that this 200 mill manager keeps outbidding other players, and the price ends up 40 mill. once the bid is accepted, he can just cancel it, because he/she didn't want that palyer in the first place. Then what he/she can do is watch that player again, and re-bid the same way, and cancel the bid over again. So instead of having 24hr processing time, this could result in even having a manager who does this for a whole month, just to get others angry. At least with the 24 hr system, you only see managers bidding on players if they are worth it, and can make them profit.[/quote']

It wouldn't happen though since SM now accepts multiple deals, if the manager with the winning bid was to pull out, then it would just go to the next manager.

It wouldn't happen though since SM now accepts multiple deals' date=' if the manager with the winning bid was to pull out, then it would just go to the next manager.[/quote']

Yes but for this too work, u need to be notified if someone bids on the players and no bids are hidden either. By the time the price reaches 40 mill on an 11 mill player, all other managers would have pulled out of the bidding, and then you ould win and still pull out, resulting in no other bids which would be accepted.

Yes but for this too work' date=' u need to be notified if someone bids on the players and no bids are hidden either. By the time the price reaches 40 mill on an 11 mill player, all other managers would have pulled out of the bidding, and then you ould win and still pull out, resulting in no other bids which would be accepted.[/quote']

What do you mean by hidden bids? you mean undisclosed bids? If your still using Ozil as an example his worth about £18 - £22M, not £11M, and bidding £40M for him would not be unusual. If though for some reason I pulled out of the bid, and the other manager also pulled out after having his bid accepted I would just report it. But truthfully I would never pull out of a deal no matter what, you never know what can happen, the other manager could have bought several players and over spent, or may want to pull out himself, and in this case you will get the player.

Anyway back on the original idea, it's ok, but would prefer if it only increased to amount of time by maybe 6 hours that way it would give you an extra 6 hours but wouldn't take weeks to complete a transfer

What do you mean by hidden bids? you mean undisclosed bids? If your still using Ozil as an example his worth about £18 - £22M' date=' not £11M, and bidding £40M for him would not be unusual. If though for some reason I pulled out of the bid, and the other manager also pulled out after having his bid accepted I would just report it. But truthfully I would never pull out of a deal no matter what, you never know what can happen, the other manager could have bought several players and over spent, or may want to pull out himself, and in this case you will get the player.

Anyway back on the original idea, it's ok, but would prefer if it only increased to amount of time by maybe 6 hours that way it would give you an extra 6 hours but wouldn't take weeks to complete a transfer[/quote']

I've bought Ozil in a world for 11 mill b4. But what I was saying is that no one will pay 40 mill for Ozil when they know they can get him for 30 mill or less. Also, what I was saying is that the bids must be shown to every manager for this feature to be effective, otherwise you wouldn't know how much to increase your bid by, to be the top bidder, and would negate the option for undisclosed bids, which actually makes the game more competative. When the bid gets to high, every manager would just pull out, except for the 200 mill player. Then when the 200 mill knows that they pulled out he/she will pull out too. He/she will just keep doing that to prevent people from getting a player(s), and there is nothing in the rules that state that he/she can't do that, so people can't really report on that.

I've bought Ozil in a world for 11 mill b4.

Before he turned 91

But what I was saying is that no one will pay 40 mill for Ozil when they know they can get him for 30 mill or less.

Not true' date=' several things must be taken into consideration, how competitive the setup is, how likely the player is to succeed, how many managers want him etc, and the more of these factors that are at the 'high' end of the scale will push up a players price (for example, when Jack Wilshere was added to the database, there was a thread made on here about how much people had paid for him, and I remember one guy had paid somewhere around £20M for him, rated 75, in a GC, unfortunately I can't find the thread, SM seems to have deleted everything from last year)

Also, what I was saying is that the bids must be shown to every manager for this feature to be effective, otherwise you wouldn't know how much to increase your bid by, to be the top bidder, and would negate the option for undisclosed bids, which actually makes the game more competative.

Why must bids be shown to every manager? that doesn't make sense, that's a sure fire way to get your bid beaten, and have a week long bidding war. That takes the competition away, because then the manager with £200M can just outbid everyone, where-as if bids are undisclosed the manager that makes the smartest bid gets the player, eg if I want a player and so do many other managers usually I will start the bidding at around £8-10M over his asking price (only in the competitive setups) and make it undisclosed, that way most of the other managers think I started the bidding at minimum price and only bid a few million over, thinking they have outbid me, works like a charm, that's how I got Ozil, he was worth £22M, I bid £30M the other two managers bid £23 and £25, I got Ozil. Also the Chairman will only allow you to bid so much, so in essence the club that most needs the player should be able to bid the most (if they have enough money obviously) and outbid the guy with £200M

When the bid gets to high, every manager would just pull out, except for the 200 mill player. Then when the 200 mill knows that they pulled out he/she will pull out too. He/she will just keep doing that to prevent people from getting a player(s), and there is nothing in the rules that state that he/she can't do that, so people can't really report on that.

It depends if the last manager that overbid pulls out before the deal is accepted that is fine, but if he pulls out after it's accepted that's unsportsmanly behavior (it counts as ruining the enjoyment of the game for others) and can be reported, I think the offending manager gets a warning the first time.

Before he turned 91

Not true' date=' several things must be taken into consideration, how competitive the setup is, how likely the player is to succeed, how many managers want him etc, and the more of these factors that are at the 'high' end of the scale will push up a players price (for example, when Jack Wilshere was added to the database, there was a thread made on here about how much people had paid for him, and I remember one guy had paid somewhere around £20M for him, rated 75, in a GC, unfortunately I can't find the thread, SM seems to have deleted everything from last year)

Why must bids be shown to every manager? that doesn't make sense, that's a sure fire way to get your bid beaten, and have a week long bidding war. That takes the competition away, because then the manager with £200M can just outbid everyone, where-as if bids are undisclosed the manager that makes the smartest bid gets the player, eg if I want a player and so do many other managers usually I will start the bidding at around £8-10M over his asking price (only in the competitive setups) and make it undisclosed, that way most of the other managers think I started the bidding at minimum price and only bid a few million over, thinking they have outbid me, works like a charm, that's how I got Ozil, he was worth £22M, I bid £30M the other two managers bid £23 and £25, I got Ozil. Also the Chairman will only allow you to bid so much, so in essence the club that most needs the player should be able to bid the most (if they have enough money obviously) and outbid the guy with £200M

It depends if the last manager that overbid pulls out before the deal is accepted that is fine, but if he pulls out after it's accepted that's unsportsmanly behavior (it counts as ruining the enjoyment of the game for others) and can be reported, I think the offending manager gets a warning the first time.[/quote']

No i got him for 11mill at 91, due to being free agent. Also you can't report, because there is no violation of any rule, so it is acceptable to do that. If i decided to prevent people from bidding for a player, I'd make an 11 mill player go to 60 mill, then everyone else would pull out, cause they have not enough money to bid on him. When my bid gets accepted, i'll pull out cause i don't need him. There is no rule against that, so until they pass that rule, i could do that forever. However, I am not that type of person, but i know it will happen that way. As long as no rule is broken, it is legal. Bids must be shown to every manager because otherwise u wouldn't know if someone bet more or not. For this feature to happen, managers need to know if the next bid is higher or lower, otherwise there is no need to increase time.

No i got him for 11mill at 91' date=' due to being free agent. [b']Also you can't report, because there is no violation of any rule, so it is acceptable to do that. If i decided to prevent people from bidding for a player, I'd make an 11 mill player go to 60 mill, then everyone else would pull out, cause they have not enough money to bid on him. When my bid gets accepted, i'll pull out cause i don't need him[/b]. There is no rule against that, so until they pass that rule, i could do that forever. However, I am not that type of person, but i know it will happen that way. As long as no rule is broken, it is legal. Bids must be shown to every manager because otherwise u wouldn't know if someone bet more or not. For this feature to happen, managers need to know if the next bid is higher or lower, otherwise there is no need to increase time.

Contrary to your belief, this is a punishable offence and SM have removed managers from their team if they are doing this and certainly if they are repeatedly doing this. SM apply the 'ruining the experience of other's' ruling to this offense and I assure you action would be taken against your account if you were seen repeatedly to be doing this.

I'd also add that if managers are withdrawing their accpeted bids, even if they have not made the winning bid, they are foolhardy to do so. With the current system all managers should make their best bid and should retain their bid even if they have lost the bidding war. As bids are not collapsed, if the manager bidding the ridiculously high amount then decides to withrdraw, the second best bid will be accepted without the withdrawing manager getting a chance to make a new bid.

All in all the system in my minds is perfect and should prevent less cheating in the form you described above and would make managers more likely to make their best possible offer for any player in the first instant - a bid equal to what they feel the player is worth in their team :)

Nice idea... however one that would annoy me to no end :P its bad enough hoping nobody bids for a player when you have and just waiting for it to get accepted to know hes safely going to be yours, let alone having it reset back and countless over people discovering that player and risk 'loosing' them.

Contrary to your belief' date=' this is a punishable offence and SM have removed managers from their team if they are doing this and certainly if they are repeatedly doing this. SM apply the 'ruining the experience of other's' ruling to this offense and I assure you action would be taken against your account if you were seen repeatedly to be doing this.

I'd also add that if managers are withdrawing their accpeted bids, even if they have not made the winning bid, they are foolhardy to do so. With the current system all managers should make their best bid and should retain their bid even if they have lost the bidding war. As bids are not collapsed, if the manager bidding the ridiculously high amount then decides to withrdraw, the second best bid will be accepted without the withdrawing manager getting a chance to make a new bid.

All in all the system in my minds is perfect and should prevent less [i']cheating[/i] in the form you described above and would make managers more likely to make their best possible offer for any player in the first instant - a bid equal to what they feel the player is worth in their team :)

Contrary to beliefs? I never said its right to do something like this, but there has been no managers ever banned, because there is no rule against this. If u repetedly doing this, its your choice, since its not breaking any rule.

Contrary to beliefs? I never said its right to do something like this' date=' but there has been no managers ever banned, because there is no rule against this. If u repetedly doing this, its your choice, since its not breaking any rule.[/quote']

What he's saying is that there is a rule against it and managers have been banned before, and he's right. In-fact that is why SM brought in the current transfer system, to stop this type of activity, with the new system if the manager with the top bid pulls out or the deal collapses then the second highest bid will get the player, meaning that if many managers go for the same player and one tool bids £60M, all bids are accepted and then he pulls out the next manager gets the player, it's a fairer system than the old system.

Originally Posted by Smartdoc

All in all the system in my minds is perfect and should prevent less cheating in the form you described above and would make managers more likely to make their best possible offer for any player in the first instant - a bid equal to what they feel the player is worth in their team

I agree more or less, the current system is almost perfect, the only thing that is confusing, is who's bid wins if two managers go for the same player and one manager bids the cash minimum and the other manager bids the player exchange minimum, I would guess the player exchange bid because it is the higher bid and more beneficial for the exchanging club.