MLS Ratings 2010 - by Totti417

Totti417

Re: Respuesta: MLS Ratings 2010 - by Totti417

Since this is an MLS thread' date=' I'd like to keep it strictly MLS. Also, I'm not sure if there any good buys for players in the D2 Pro League.[/quote']

Well Vancover and Portland played in the second divison this year and Ryan Pore was the league MVP and golden boot winner. Eddie Johnson was also among the leading scorers as well playing for Austin Aztex

Re: Respuesta: MLS Ratings 2010 - by Totti417

Well Vancover and Portland played in the second divison this year and Ryan Pore was the league MVP and golden boot winner. Eddie Johnson was also among the leading scorers as well playing for Austin Aztex

I highly doubt that the SM researchers will take D2 performances into account for the ratings changes. I think only top flight performances can effect ratings. For example, Eddie Johnson scoring a bevy of goals in D2 doesn't translate into just as many MLS goals.

Re: MLS Ratings 2010 - by Totti417

Not disagreeing with but you did offer a projection for the 2 D2 players I mentioned

I didn't make any predictions for D2 players. I simply just listed them under their respective team. If you notice, none of the D2 players (i.e. Bright Dike, Eddie Johnson, etc.) have ratings changes as they are in black. The one who have changes for the Timbers and Whitecaps are players like Robbie Findley who played in the MLS last season.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey' date='I am currently managing a Port Vale team with 7m and I'm going to buy some players young who will rise. I'm looking for alot of players around the value of 10k and 500k mark who will be the best people to sign[/quote']

Take a look at Page 1 and 2 of this thread and you'll find some good buys. I reccommend Agudelo, Bunbury, and Wondolowski..for starters, but there are many other good buys.

Great thread mate! Best I seen so far the layout is really user friendly.

I didnd find the second batch of teams, can you tell me what your predictions are for these players?

Andy Najar - DC United (AM/Wing)

Michael Stephens - LA Galaxy (Mid)

Danny Mwanga - Philidephia union (CF)

Juan Agudelo - New York Redbulls (Fwd)

I think i've already seen Stephens and Agudelo btw

I didnd find the second batch of teams' date=' can you tell me what your predictions are for these players?

I think i've already seen Stephens and Agudelo btw[/quote']

the second batch is on page 2...

I didnd find the second batch of teams' date=' can you tell me what your predictions are for these players?

I think i've already seen Stephens and Agudelo btw[/quote']

As Dale147 said, the second batch is on page 2. I apologize for that. It is because there was an image limit to each post that I was unaware of.

Anyways, here are some detailed predictions for these players:

Najar - He was the lone bright spot in D.C. United's lackluster 2010 season and because of that he is highly regarded by the D.C. United staff. With the addition of highly-rated players like Dax McCarty in 2011, he should have more opportunities to make great plays.

Stephens - He has become an integral part of the Galaxy midfield. He had 8 assists last season (second only to Landon Donovan). He has turned into a holding midfielder and should get more assist opportunities with Becks, Donovan, Buddle, AND the new addition of Juan Pablo Angel in front of him.

Mwanga - Mwanga clearly has shown that he has the touch to score. He had 7 goals in 20+ games, which is actually a hefty number of goals considering his attacking partner, Sebastien Le Toux took 90 some odd shots with 14 goals. The Union did not want to put all the weight on his young shoulders, but if he was a squad's main striker, he could do damage.

Agudelo - Agudelo didn't have much opportunity to prove himself domestically with the likes of Henry and JPA leading the pack, but he certainly did after getting a call up to the U.S. men's national team. He lifted the squad with a game-winning goal vs. South Africa in his first game. He was 17 years old at the time, which made him the youngest ever to score a goal for the USMNT.