Why are SM adding anyone?

We all remember the days where SM were strict about adding players. They had to have played a certain amount of minutes and were given a rating that at least matched their performances and promise. Then came young EPL and La Liga players making debuts and SM were probably flooded with tickets to add these players and SM slowly started adding these players after only a few minutes. A general trend was established eventually that most new players were added at 75.

Over time SM have become slack at checking if a player really has played enough minutes and players are normally added as soon as a ticket is received. SM hit a new level of surprise when I discovered Terry Antonis has just been added to the database. He is a very hyped player but has no competitive football to his name yet he is added at 75. Yes he played in a few pre season fixtures but has not played for the first team at all so why was he added? If SM did want to add him why wasnt he added at 60 to start off with? Mustafa Amini is another who was added too early. He has 2 starts but played 70 or so minutes in one game and 50 or so minutes in another yet he too is added at 75. I expect SM to better looking into players before adding them.

Disclaimer: I am no way attacking SM as its a game I love and am totally addicted to just don't like the fact that they have slacked off with adding players.

Re: Why are SM adding anyone?

to be honest I've aways thought it would have been better if the added every player that was in that clubs First team and Reserve squad when making new leagues as the manager in real life has the players to choose from so why shouldn't we.

But I know what your saying, if there is a rule of 400mins then they should stick to the rule, as I've been waiting for some guys to play 400 mins before submitting a ticket then find out there in the new players section after 2mins

But I know what your saying' date=' if there is a rule of 400mins then they should stick to the rule, as I've been waiting for some guys to play 400 mins before submitting a ticket then find out there in the new players section after 2mins[/quote']

i've got a few players added when they have only actually played 2 - 4 mins.. :D

Personally I applaud the concept of adding all players at a minimum 75 rating (although I don't know if this is universal as there are so many 70 rated players around). If anything, it will at least make those managers who go out and buy every newly added player on the database at least pause to think a little bit. Adding players at a rating of 70 meant players could only realistically go up in rating. At 75, in theory, such players can go down in rating and people may not be so quick to sweep up such players. People will be less willing to apply the mine-sweeping approach if they know they will have to pay more up front and pay double the wages for new players.

Whether players who have played no minutes or less than one full game or even less than the mystical 450 minutes, however, is much more of a mute point.