What's going on...

Scrags

Anyone know what is going on with SM - have they decided to stop posting the next leagues to be reviewed. One day there are no leagues to be reviewed next, then the next day BAM Dutch and Scottish leagues are being reviewed - no warning watsoever, and it's not like a day or two, but the very next morning the scottish reviews are done (tbh i may have missed 1 day as I had a stag party to attend:)).

Now at the moment, they are showing no leagues in the 'next to be reviewed list', so I guess that suddenly another couple of leagues will appear without notice - is this a permanent change?

I've been playing just about long enough to have a rough schedule of changes so can guestimate the next leagues - belgium/turkey/france/portugal should be coming soon would be my guess - anyone with better idea's please feel free to correct me.

However, for new players trying to get into the game - it seems very unfair on them, as they have no way of knowing when to offload a key player they suspect wont maintain there rating (for example : a new player has van Nistleroy as the key striker in there squad - if he knows the German leagues are being reviewed shortly, he may want to consider trying to trade him off for llorente/nilmar/defoe or even a neymar or something)

Obviously it effects any manager who uses buy/sell risers to maintain a squad too, for me i have 3 charlton squads who's wages bill would cripple me without profit from risers, and eventually I would just have to drop them, which would slowly make me loose interest in the game altogether as for me making a Charlton team that can win Div.1 is my biggest target. Anyway, as i say not a major problem for anyone who's been buying/selling for a year of more (10 months for me so far) as you have a good knowledge of the SM schedule, but a disaster for new managers in my humble opinion.

Anyway, anyone with a better idea of which changes we can expect to see next, as i say, please feel free to give better advise than my guestimate...

Let's hope SM can get there act together on this one sooner rather than later.

Re: What's going on...

I think this is the way theyre starting to do it now' date=' theyre possibly giving shorter (or none at all) notice, as it prevents people from buying every riser in that country beforehand.... but just a maybe!?[/quote']

agreed and i support it.

this is better for the following reasons:

i made 200 million for my man united team from risers in 2 seasons. i have made a laughing stock of SM's reduced ticket attendance income and chairman injections as i bypassed it by doing this. i have basically ruined every change they implemented in regards to finances.

furthermore, people could buy an old 93/92 rated player knowing they will drop, but selling them before the time for a same price so they get a good short term boost with no losses.

now they have to actually buy good players with intelligent buys. you have to constantly maintain your squad with good, rising players :)

agreed and i support it.

this is better for the following reasons:

i made 200 million for my man united team from risers in 2 seasons. i have made a laughing stock of SM's reduced ticket attendance income and chairman injections as i bypassed it by doing this. i have basically ruined every change they implemented in regards to finances.

furthermore' date=' people could buy an old 93/92 rated player knowing they will drop, but selling them before the time for a same price so they get a good short term boost with no losses.

now they have to actually buy good players with intelligent buys. you have to constantly maintain your squad with good, rising players :)[/quote']

this is great for big clubs, but what about small clubs, who have no chance of competing with the big clubs without buy/sell profits. basically no-one will want to manage small clubs as they are doomed - eventually every game world will only have managers at the biggest clubs, as they are the only one's able to pay wages for the better players. As a charlton fan (save the boo's), i'm proud of my charlton teams, which are becoming strong enough to compete at the highest level, but if it goes the way you say, i'll just drop them and only bother with my arsenal, real madrid and barcelona's.

Personally i enjoy having transfer battles with other riser aware managers in the leagues, and turning a meagre charlton into a powerhouse to rival barcelona, real, inter, chelsea and manU.

Pro's and con's either way - however if it goes the way you suggest, i'll soon get bored of managing the obvious big clubs only, and if I cant get Charlton to compete at the highest level either, well ho humm - time to look for something new to do.

When someone takes over a Barnet or Sheffeild or other such teams, then start making riser buys and competing with me, i love that challenge, and usually end up making a new friend and rival at the same time - however without that, then each game world will have only 3 or 4 managers at the big clubs only - might as well play FM, as surely competing with other 'real' managers is one of the key attractions of SM.

I do see what your saying, what i've done at my Real Madrid squad is ludicrous, but you can only keep so many players happy, and an unhappy player does not perform well - i think unhappy players could be developed further to transfer requests etc and also squad harmony issues, this would prevent any 1 club from having all the top players as they cant keep them happy and if they refuse to renew contracts then they have to be sold - a much better way in my humble opinion - which would also then give the developing smaller clubs a chance to buy these top players as they develop there profits using risers.

I was an early backer of squad size limits, which now exist at 255 players - a fairly sensisble number for any buy/sell club. Personally i think developing player issues and refusing contract renewal as a much better way to go, rather than punishing those who are willing to make the effort to develop a smaller club which in the long run makes the game worlds much more interesting.

Any player of 90+ rating should expect to play at least 45-50% of games (when fit) and if that is not achieved they should become unhappy, and if they reach level2 unhappy they should refuse contract renewal, and level 3 should demand transfer and upset overall squad harmony.

I still maintain that buy/sell if imperative for the smaller clubs trying to compete, and they should not be punished as it is the people willing to take on these challenges that make the game worlds more full and therefore more interesting.

this is great for big clubs' date=' but what about small clubs, who have no chance of competing with the big clubs without buy/sell profits. basically no-one will want to manage small clubs as they are doomed - eventually every game world will only have managers at the biggest clubs, as they are the only one's able to pay wages for the better players. As a charlton fan (save the boo's), i'm proud of my charlton teams, which are becoming strong enough to compete at the highest level, but if it goes the way you say, i'll just drop them and only bother with my arsenal, real madrid and barcelona's.

Personally i enjoy having transfer battles with other riser aware managers in the leagues, and turning a meagre charlton into a powerhouse to rival barcelona, real, inter, chelsea and manU.

Pro's and con's either way - however if it goes the way you suggest, i'll soon get bored of managing the obvious big clubs only, and if I cant get Charlton to compete at the highest level either, well ho humm - time to look for something new to do.

When someone takes over a Barnet or Sheffeild or other such teams, then start making riser buys and competing with me, i love that challenge, and usually end up making a new friend and rival at the same time - however without that, then each game world will have only 3 or 4 managers at the big clubs only - might as well play FM, as surely competing with other 'real' managers is one of the key attractions of SM.

I do see what your saying, what i've done at my Real Madrid squad is ludicrous, but you can only keep so many players happy, and an unhappy player does not perform well - i think unhappy players could be developed further to transfer requests etc and also squad harmony issues, this would prevent any 1 club from having all the top players as they cant keep them happy and if they refuse to renew contracts then they have to be sold - a much better way in my humble opinion - which would also then give the developing smaller clubs a chance to buy these top players as they develop there profits using risers.

I was an early backer of squad size limits, which now exist at 255 players - a fairly sensisble number for any buy/sell club. Personally i think developing player issues and refusing contract renewal as a much better way to go, rather than punishing those who are willing to make the effort to develop a smaller club which in the long run makes the game worlds much more interesting.

Any player of 90+ rating should expect to play at least 45-50% of games (when fit) and if that is not achieved they should become unhappy, and if they reach level2 unhappy they should refuse contract renewal, and level 3 should demand transfer and upset overall squad harmony.

I still maintain that buy/sell if imperative for the smaller clubs trying to compete, and they should not be punished as it is the people willing to take on these challenges that make the game worlds more full and therefore more interesting.[/quote']

Best thing to do is buy the best risers from the biggest leagues mate. Its all down to whether your in a competitive league or not at the end of the day. I'm in a very competitive league for my main team and have built a decent squad over two seasons

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=360958&clubid=5385355&sid=15

If you slowly build then when league comes round you'll have most of the best!

About the unhappiness thing, I took over a Liverpool team I was offered and half the squad is unhappy (mostly level 2), however, them players are now playing for me, does there unhappiness ever go away? lol its doing my head in!!

About the unhappiness thing' date=' I took over a Liverpool team I was offered and half the squad is unhappy (mostly level 2), however, them players are now playing for me, does there unhappiness ever go away? lol its doing my head in!![/quote']

At the moment no, SM seem to have frozen concerns, you don't get any new ones but the old ones don't go away. I've had Silva concerned about being loaned out for nearly 6 months now, but he hasn't been out on loan for about 5 months.

this is great for big clubs' date=' but what about small clubs, who have no chance of competing with the big clubs without buy/sell profits. .[/quote']

no, before it was easy to bring small clubs up to an awesome standard. now you have to be a much better manager to do so. risers were just too easy for everybody. little knowledge required just buy and sell. small clubs were not actually that hard to manage.

however, now you can still buy risers, just players like albrighton who you think will do well and snap them up before they become well known. you can still buy risers ok it isnt completely gone, just on lesser scales than before. and risers you actually want to keep as prospects not cash cows.

now managers of small clubs have a greater challenge. its more realistic because come on, why should leeds be able to compete with man united straightaway ? people don't want this to happen. if your going to do this / take up the challenge do it as i have said. a challenge. not buy loads of risers and do it the easy way.

no' date=' before it was easy to bring small clubs up to an awesome standard. now you have to be a much better manager to do so. risers were just too easy for everybody. little knowledge required just buy and sell. small clubs were not actually that hard to manage.

however, now you can still buy risers, just players like albrighton who you think will do well and snap them up before they become well known. you can still buy risers ok it isnt completely gone, just on lesser scales than before. and risers you actually want to keep as prospects not cash cows.

now managers of small clubs have a greater challenge. its more realistic because come on, why should leeds be able to compete with man united straightaway ? people don't want this to happen. if your going to do this / take up the challenge do it as i have said. a challenge. not buy loads of risers and do it the easy way.[/quote']

think we have to agree to disagree, but i dont see it as easy way, i spend a LOT of time researching the leagues to get the risers i want - which for me is part of the fun (strange i know, but enjoy researching different leagues).

What your saying may be ok for a new game-world, but two of my charltons are in very established and very competetive leagues - without buy/sell they just would never be worth the effort, and would remain unmanaged forever. Eventually as game worlds age, as i stated before it would dwindle and dwindle until only the major clubs were left with managers... but with buy/sell in one of the game world which i'm in with charlton the biggest clubs are middlesborough and leeds, personally I love that, and it's what i love about this game - take that away and this game will become as predictably boring as the premier league and spanish La Liga, which is why i mostly watch German football. At the end of the day, everyone will want to manage a big club, very very few people will be bothered to wait 3 years real time for there albrightons to mature, anyone who tries that method invariably get's bored and quits before there team matures, and then those great prospects get bought by the big clubs.... you see the circle?

Personally i think player concerns is the way to go, but making profit is the only way to make managing small clubs interesting.

think we have to agree to disagree' date=' [/quote']

no i do see your point actually :P

on this forum i actually provide the viewpoint SM have, not necessarily my own. for example player ratings if a player is not 91 but got 90 i argue for their case.

suarez for example, i argue it on SMs base against the people who suggest he should be 91. to provide fairness and compairson for both sides is my main aim ;)

anyway, i see your point small teams will suffer more than the big teams who can create revenune without risers.

simple as this really, you will have to just pick up the pace a bit when getting risers. hard to do i know it took me ages when did some before !

no i do see your point actually :P

on this forum i actually provide the viewpoint SM have' date=' not necessarily my own. for example player ratings if a player is not 91 but got 90 i argue for their case.

suarez for example, i argue it on SMs base against the people who suggest he should be 91. to provide fairness and compairson for both sides is my main aim ;)

anyway, i see your point small teams will suffer more than the big teams who can create revenune without risers.

simple as this really, you will have to just pick up the pace a bit when getting risers. hard to do i know it took me ages when did some before ![/quote']

fair enough, normally i love devils advocate myself, but in this case i dont think it's a good idea as it only encourages SM to think they have got it right, which i really dont think they have. risers are key to small teams, and at the end of the day, a charlton, burnley, hull or whatever fan should have the opportunity to become as strong as anyone else with the club they love and support daily - it's a game, so you want the opportunity to achieve what your team could never achieve in real life. if you make it too realistic then it becomes purely about the handfull of teams we all know.

In nearly any computer game the more time you spend at it the better you get, and currently SM has that element with Risers. If you put in the time and research, you can achieve anything with any club - it's as it should be.

In real life Curbishly was a magician by managing to get charlton into the premiership, but he knew that was the best he could hope to achieve, so had to look elsewhere to develop his career (a real shame, and it didn't work out - but that's away from the point.). In this game, i'm not looking to get a job offer from a bigger club, i want to be able to make charlton a powerhouse - i dont want this game to be that realistic, it's a game and should have the fantasy element. Take away that fantasy element and I repeat - everyone will want a big club. no-one plays an online game to 'take part', they want to win, and they want to do it with the club they support.

In the GW where i have ManU, there are clubs like fc serijevo and cluj - these clubs are minute, and normally have no chance to succed at highest level (studiums of 10k and less). However they are managed by managers from those respective coutries who are overjoyed to be able to manage the club they support, and are totally dependent on buy/sell to maintain there club. If SM dont announce the update leagues, those players will give up - a real shame imo. It will also make that league very dull (only manu, inter, roma and barca worth having), so it would be one of the first i'd quit.

Personally i tihnk not announcing league reviews will be a disaster in the long run... the only people who would support it are those who want to manage a manu, chelsea, real, barca, inter etc.. and want to manage them without any stiff opposition.... boring.

so SM please announce the forthcoming leagues to be reviewed :)

fair enough' date=' normally i love devils advocate myself, but in this case i dont think it's a good idea as it only encourages SM to think they have got it right, which i really dont think they have. risers are key to small teams, and at the end of the day, a charlton, burnley, hull or whatever fan should have the opportunity to become as strong as anyone else with the club they love and support daily - it's a game, so you want the opportunity to achieve what your team could never achieve in real life. if you make it too realistic then it becomes purely about the handfull of teams we all know.

In nearly any computer game the more time you spend at it the better you get, and currently SM has that element with Risers. If you put in the time and research, you can achieve anything with any club - it's as it should be.

In real life Curbishly was a magician by managing to get charlton into the premiership, but he knew that was the best he could hope to achieve, so had to look elsewhere to develop his career (a real shame, and it didn't work out - but that's away from the point.). In this game, i'm not looking to get a job offer from a bigger club, i want to be able to make charlton a powerhouse - i dont want this game to be that realistic, it's a game and should have the fantasy element. Take away that fantasy element and I repeat - everyone will want a big club. no-one plays an online game to 'take part', they want to win, and they want to do it with the club they support.

In the GW where i have ManU, there are clubs like fc serijevo and cluj - these clubs are minute, and normally have no chance to succed at highest level (studiums of 10k and less). However they are managed by managers from those respective coutries who are overjoyed to be able to manage the club they support, and are totally dependent on buy/sell to maintain there club. If SM dont announce the update leagues, those players will give up - a real shame imo. It will also make that league very dull (only manu, inter, roma and barca worth having), so it would be one of the first i'd quit.

Personally i tihnk not announcing league reviews will be a disaster in the long run... the only people who would support it are those who want to manage a manu, chelsea, real, barca, inter etc.. and want to manage them without any stiff opposition.... boring.

so SM please announce the forthcoming leagues to be reviewed :)[/quote']

i am in an old lge where there no player above 89 available unless you have funds .i have only been playing for a few months and the only way i can see me competing is buying risers which i have done knowing the lgs being reviewed.without this i might as well pack up

I think this is the way theyre starting to do it now' date=' theyre possibly giving shorter (or none at all) notice, as it prevents people from buying every riser in that country beforehand.... but just a maybe!?[/quote']

Well, ppl with the cash will just hog on to more and more young players!

i am in an old lge where there no player above 89 available unless you have funds .i have only been playing for a few months and the only way i can see me competing is buying risers which i have done knowing the lgs being reviewed.without this i might as well pack up

this is the point. this change should stop things like this ruining the game !

people have not got ridiculous amounts of money, therefore they cannot snap up every 85+ rated player.

they can only do so by selling others unless they aim to increasrt their squad at such a slow rate they may actually get about one player a season from normal income ( without risers.)

if you allowed risers it allowws people like me to build up ridiculous squads. ( i havn't cos i cba and dont see the point ) but that is kind of why this idea is a good thing :)

Nothing has changed IMO. Less notice of league reviews' date=' sure - but a decent manager will be scouting around for top talent regardless of when the reviews happen. Has a decent size league been reviewed in the last 5 months? No? Then it's probably time again soon... simples.[/quote']

Spot on that is! ends the debate to be honest!

Nothing has changed IMO. Less notice of league reviews' date=' sure - but a decent manager will be scouting around for top talent regardless of when the reviews happen. Has a decent size league been reviewed in the last 5 months? No? Then it's probably time again soon... simples.[/quote']

absolutely correct - but again this only assists longer serving managers, as i stated in my first post, i've been playing just about long enough to have a good idea of the order or review, so can adjust my scouting accordingly - i know which countries i'm looking at next :)

but look at the comments from superlegion and royleo - these guys are trying to make there way in older leagues, but have absolutly no chance as the established clubs hold all the power, and are probably managed by managers who like you and me know the rotation of review. There the one's who are going to suffer most, and as superlegion put's it 'i might as well pack it in' this is something i think many new players will feel like, and personally i dont want that - new managers coming in and learning about risers (like i did 10 months ago) help keep older game worlds fresh and interesting, without it they will become dull and boring and eventually will only have 4 or 5 managers who have long cornered the top players, will only sell for completely silly prices, meaning they have all the cash to invest in all the best new youth's. Too realistic, takes out the fantasy aspect and will turn SM into DullsVille, again i argue people will only want top clubs with buying power, and you alianate those that want to develop there favourite or local club. This is not the way forward.

It seems that people in favour of it are established managers, who it suits, new managers are the losers - that's the wrong way round.

Again, and no-one has commented on this - the way forward is developing player concernes - there should be a squad harmony also. So when a top team has too many top players and cannot keep them all happy, they are forced to sell some of those top players to maintain harmony, and also as very unhappy (level 2 or 3) players refuse new contracts. This is a MUCH better way to give new managers a chance to establish there favourite clubs, and by using risers, even the lowliest of clubs can make sufficient profit to buy these top players when a club is forced to sell one. This way ANY club has a chance to become competative at the highest levels if the manager is willing to put in the time and research, making it possible for even a Barnet fan to get the most out of SM.

As for your argument that 1 club buys all the risers, again, hogwash - most of the game worlds i am in, i have to compete with many other riser aware managers, and each time you do, your gambling as calculating rises is not an exact science, and quite often i've outbid other managers to get a player i expected to get a major rise, only to get +2 and i lost money.....:eek:

c'est la vie - part of the fun

until i got into researching risers, i was losing interest in this game (after only 2/3 weeks), risers changed that. The new 'no notice' policy hurts new managers the most, not us more established ones who have already had plenty of time to take full advantage of it.

Bottom line - players concern's is the way forward, making league review's schedule public knowledge give's new managers a level playing field.

The reason more established managers dont want player concernes to be developed is because it would affect there domination, which they have achieved by using riser's - and it's those same managers that now dont want new managers to have that same opportunity.

I'm in the corner fighting the case for the new managers, and not the corner of the established managers who just want to protect there bloated squads (which now includes myself - so in a sense, i'm fighting against myself, lol).

But I only got to that stage because of risers, and i think new managers should have that same opportunity.

in summery

-----------

Players concerns, contract refusals, squad harmony - these are vital developments.... Discuss...

Give newbies a chance to compete - announce league reviews clearly in advance to all.

absolutely correct - but again this only assists longer serving managers' date=' as i stated in my first post, i've been playing just about long enough to have a good idea of the order or review, so can adjust my scouting accordingly - i know which countries i'm looking at next :)

but look at the comments from superlegion and royleo - these guys are trying to make there way in older leagues, but have absolutly no chance as the established clubs hold all the power, and are probably managed by managers who like you and me know the rotation of review. There the one's who are going to suffer most, and as superlegion put's it 'i might as well pack it in' this is something i think many new players will feel like, and personally i dont want that - new managers coming in and learning about risers (like i did 10 months ago) help keep older game worlds fresh and interesting, without it they will become dull and boring and eventually will only have 4 or 5 managers who have long cornered the top players, will only sell for completely silly prices, meaning they have all the cash to invest in all the best new youth's. Too realistic, takes out the fantasy aspect and will turn SM into DullsVille, again i argue people will only want top clubs with buying power, and you alianate those that want to develop there favourite or local club. This is not the way forward.

It seems that people in favour of it are established managers, who it suits, new managers are the losers - that's the wrong way round.

Again, and no-one has commented on this - the way forward is developing player concernes - there should be a squad harmony also. So when a top team has too many top players and cannot keep them all happy, they are forced to sell some of those top players to maintain harmony, and also as very unhappy (level 2 or 3) players refuse new contracts. This is a MUCH better way to give new managers a chance to establish there favourite clubs, and by using risers, even the lowliest of clubs can make sufficient profit to buy these top players when a club is forced to sell one. This way ANY club has a chance to become competative at the highest levels if the manager is willing to put in the time and research, making it possible for even a Barnet fan to get the most out of SM.

As for your argument that 1 club buys all the risers, again, hogwash - most of the game worlds i am in, i have to compete with many other riser aware managers, and each time you do, your gambling as calculating rises is not an exact science, and quite often i've outbid other managers to get a player i expected to get a major rise, only to get +2 and i lost money.....:eek:

c'est la vie - part of the fun

until i got into researching risers, i was losing interest in this game (after only 2/3 weeks), risers changed that. The new 'no notice' policy hurts new managers the most, not us more established ones who have already had plenty of time to take full advantage of it.

Bottom line - players concern's is the way forward, making league review's schedule public knowledge give's new managers a level playing field.

The reason more established managers dont want player concernes to be developed is because it would affect there domination, which they have achieved by using riser's - and it's those same managers that now dont want new managers to have that same opportunity.

I'm in the corner fighting the case for the new managers, and not the corner of the established managers who just want to protect there bloated squads (which now includes myself - so in a sense, i'm fighting against myself, lol).

But I only got to that stage because of risers, and i think new managers should have that same opportunity.

in summery

-----------

Players concerns, contract refusals, squad harmony - these are vital developments.... Discuss...

Give newbies a chance to compete - announce league reviews clearly in advance to all.[/quote']

top reply :)