Managers that don't respond to transfer bids

In my game world, there are quite a number of managers that don't respond to transfer bids. Even though they log in everyday, they still don't bother to respond to transfer bids. Many other managers are becoming frustrated at their actions. Why do they play SM if they don't bother do respond to transfer bids? Buying and selling players is part of this game too. I don't understand what these managers are thinking. As such, i suggest that SM implement some rules to solve this problem.

1) If a manager does not respond to a transfer bid within 20 days, the transfer will be automatically accepted.

2) If the manager still refuse to respond to transfer bids after 3 automatically accepted bids, they would be kicked out of the game world.

I hope that managers will now respond to transfers asap so that managers will not burst a blood vessel while waiting for a transfer to be accepted. Thank you. :):)

Re: Managers that don't respond to transfer bids

In my game world' date=' there are quite a number of managers that don't respond to transfer bids. Even though they log in everyday, they still don't bother to respond to transfer bids. Many other managers are becoming frustrated at their actions. Why do they play SM if they don't bother do respond to transfer bids? Buying and selling players is part of this game too. I don't understand what these managers are thinking. As such, i suggest that SM implement some rules to solve this problem.

1) If a manager does not respond to a transfer bid within 20 days, the transfer will be automatically accepted.

2) If the manager still refuse to respond to transfer bids after 3 automatically accepted bids, they would be kicked out of the game world.

I hope that managers will now respond to transfers asap so that managers will not burst a blood vessel while waiting for a transfer to be accepted. Thank you. :):)[/quote']

Yes to the first and no to the second.

In my game world' date=' there are quite a number of managers that don't respond to transfer bids. Even though they log in everyday, they still don't bother to respond to transfer bids. Many other managers are becoming frustrated at their actions. Why do they play SM if they don't bother do respond to transfer bids? Buying and selling players is part of this game too. I don't understand what these managers are thinking. As such, i suggest that SM implement some rules to solve this problem.

I hope that managers will now respond to transfers asap so that managers will not burst a blood vessel while waiting for a transfer to be accepted. Thank you. :):)[/quote']

no and no

get the hint, if they are not responding to your bids then they do not want to sell the player

Neither idea is any good, it would just lead to a transfer market with no players, if this was brought in I would just make all my players unavailable, so you couldn't bid even if you wanted to and I'm sure many other managers would do the same thing, closing up the transfer market even more than already. Besides sometimes a manager might not even notice bids placed on a player, it's happened to me, I got 16 messages in the overview of my club and missed a few offers for players

no and no

get the hint' date=' if they are not responding to your bids then they do not want to sell the player[/quote']

Neither idea is any good' date=' it would just lead to a transfer market with no players, if this was brought in I would just make all my players unavailable, so you couldn't bid even if you wanted to and I'm sure many other managers would do the same thing, closing up the transfer market even more than already. Besides sometimes a manager might not even notice bids placed on a player, it's happened to me, I got 16 messages in the overview of my club and missed a few offers for players[/quote']

Not true.. I've kept sending VM's and PM's both on the game and the forum to the manager of Arsenal on WC10000. He logs on everyday but never responds to any of my messages. All my bids go unanswered. They should learn their lesson..

First thing to say would be that transfer bids automatically collapse after 14 days if they are not responded to so the 20 days you have proposed will never be reached :P

Secondly, there is nothing in the rules to say managers must respond to transfer bids. It would be considered common courtesy to do so, but instead of bursting blood vessels, perhaps you could turn your attention to one of the other 10,000+ players on the database instead. Not responding to PMs is, however, a little poor I admit.

Thirdly, perhaps look at your own bids. Whenever I make a bid I first ask myself would I consider accpeting what I am proposing. I'm guessing in the vast majority of bids which don't get a response, the answer would be no if you're being honest. Slightly above CV bids for 90+ rated players are the norm in many of the gameworlds I compete in and they are extremely frustrating. Some bids perhaps don't dignify a response (although I generally respond to the overwhelming majority)

Fourthly, you've said yourself 'you don't know what these managers are thinking'. PM is always the best option in this case. Off course not all respond to PMs either. I agree that is poor form. But I'm sure most do. Also consider different people have differing amount of time they spend on the game. I work from 8am to around 7pm most days. I prefer spending time on the forum and as such I don't check my club messages more than once a week. sometimes I cannot even afford that. Just because I don't respond to bids within 7 days sometimes, doesn't mean I don't have the same rights to play the game as someone who spends every spare moment on here. Others may have noted your bid but perhaps be waiting for others to make a better offer?

Fifthly, consider some managers may have already gone through the process of improving their team that you are trying to do by bidding for their players. They may have spent months to build a team they are happy with and don't wish to engage in transfers. Ideally they should respond to bids, but some have more than one team and perhaps they are concentrating moreon their other teams, content their side here is in good shape and well looked after.

I could quite easily go on with sixthly, seventhly and so on...but as I've said my time is limited. Hopefully this will give you an idea/perspective from the other side and perhaps explain why people don't always respond to bids ;) . I acknowledge it's not strictly in the spirit of the game to ignore bids, but there certainly is no reason to penalise those who do it :)

PS @ Nikidinho - I would also like all managers who make CV (+/-2m) bids for my 92+ rated players repeatedly to also 'learn their lesson'. But it won't happen and nor will this proposal :)

I think some managers have that many teams, 30 in some cases it must be hard to keep on top of all transfer bids which might be why some don't answer them.

and also youve got to remember alot of players don't speak english, I find this is usually the case when they don't return a PM

and some times they just cant be arsed:p

They could always bring in a rule that nobody's allowed to bid for anybody at a managed club who isn't transfer listed, and that'd fix a lot of these problems, lol.

I do ignore some bids but only about 1% of them, I usually reject them but in some cases if I'm sufficiently annoyed by them I just leave them there (an example being when you have a promising young player in your team and someone bids their exact C/V in cash)

I have one manager in a GC who bids very poor CV cash offers for my top rated players. I rejected a lot of offers saying 'p/e only', but he kept coming back with a slightly higher cash offer (usually 500k more).. I began to counter for his players 5 or 6 times, each was met with a rejection of 'cash only' followed by another cash offer, now I just ignore his offers as it gives me a few weeks peace.

Now tell me, why would SM auto-accepting his offers be the right thing to do?

Edit - I will also point out that I've PM'd him around 10 times, I even translated the PM's into different languages, yet too get a response from any.

i dont respond to all bids i admit it

because the bids are from timewasters who ARE wasteing my time

eg i have buffon would anyone accept 25 mil and an 86 rated keeper ??

i tranfer list players as player exchange only and even post on the gameworld newspaper and STILL get cash bids

unless its a decent deal i really will not look at it

also i log on at times to find a team has bid to loan 10 + players

i only have limited time on this site of a night to do 20 + teams and tactics

i dont have time to go though PAP bids

if you want a guy make a serious offer or do not bother at all

or as its been said get the hint the player is not for sale

to be honest i am fed up with being offered 85 and 86 rated players and cash for 92 + rated players

I have a blacklist for ignorant swines who don't respond to PM's or bids, but then have the cheek to bid and pm you when they want a player.

My list has 1 person on it. I will never EVER do a deal with them, no matter what is on offer, on principle that they have no manners or etiquette at all.

Unfortunately, there are people who will ignore some bids, as above they may not have time or can't be bothered, that's life, they aren't doing anything wrong, you just have to get on with it.

i dont respond to all bids i admit it

because the bids are from timewasters who ARE wasteing my time

eg i have buffon would anyone accept 25 mil and an 86 rated keeper ??

i tranfer list players as player exchange only and even post on the gameworld newspaper and STILL get cash bids

unless its a decent deal i really will not look at it

also i log on at times to find a team has bid to loan 10 + players

i only have limited time on this site of a night to do 20 + teams and tactics

i dont have time to go though PAP bids

if you want a guy make a serious offer or do not bother at all

or as its been said get the hint the player is not for sale

to be honest i am fed up with being offered 85 and 86 rated players and cash for 92 + rated players

set yourself a task to spend fiftenn minutes rejecting these bids and send a PM or an email to them explaining why.

15 minutes would do it.

see yourself as an educator. you will be rewarded.

set yourself a task to spend fiftenn minutes rejecting these bids and send a PM or an email to them explaining why.

15 minutes would do it.

see yourself as an educator. you will be rewarded.

Read my post and tell me why I should have to respond to people like this... Ignoring his offers has been the best way to stop his constant offers.

If people want me to respond to their offers then make them worthwhile. If they dont then I will continue to ignore them.

I have one manager in a GC who bids very poor CV cash offers for my top rated players. I rejected a lot of offers saying 'p/e only'' date=' but he kept coming back with a slightly higher cash offer (usually 500k more).. I began to counter for his players 5 or 6 times, each was met with a rejection of 'cash only' followed by another cash offer, now I just ignore his offers as it gives me a few weeks peace.

Now tell me, why would SM auto-accepting his offers be the right thing to do?

[b']Edit - [/b]I will also point out that I've PM'd him around 10 times, I even translated the PM's into different languages, yet too get a response from any.

If SM bring in auto accepting offers that are ignored, EVERY player I have will become unavailable.

Sick to death of brainless bids to be honest' date='20mil for ozil. Rejected. 22mil for Ozil

Rejected. 25mil for Ozil Rejected.Sometimes i dont respond to these insane bids,as i cant br bothered engaging the stupidity.or encouraging them further.[/quote']

To be fair though, these people might be new to the game and therefore not know how much players are really worth in it. Ozil is £14m in my gameworlds so why would someone who is new bid more more than £20m first off? He would be stupid to open with £50m.

I am not saying the guy in your case was new, but I am just saying that you can't assume that everyone will know that £20m for Ozil is never gonna happen.

Things just don't happen.

Should be after say a week before the offer is rejected, even if they haven't replied. Then should be sent a message or something with the offer, and then they can re-consider, although by then you may have offered higher.

E.g. Bid 7m for Wilshere - Rejected

Sent him a message, he replied what sort of thing he wanted.

Got Wilshere for 3m + Gibbs.

Children, listen to me.

I am wise... I know what I am doing.

Don't throw a temper tantrum when something you don't like happens. Take your time, think about what has happened and what you can do to prevent it happening in the future. Educate these people, don't be petulant.... isn't petulance the reason so many people don't like Cristiano Ronaldo despite him being the best player in the world?

listen to Maurice. Maurice is wise.

Yes, he is.

ps: the title of this thread should be "Managers who don't respond to transfer bids"

Read my post and tell me why I should have to respond to people like this... Ignoring his offers has been the best way to stop his constant offers.

If people want me to respond to their offers then make them worthwhile. If they dont then I will continue to ignore them.

If SM bring in auto accepting offers that are ignored' date=' EVERY player I have will become unavailable.[/quote']

My expert advice wasn't aimed at you. But you should definitely heed it. Ignoring people leads to sadness.

Maurice doesn't like sadness.

To be fair though' date=' these people might be new to the game and therefore not know how much players are really worth in it. Ozil is £14m in my gameworlds so why would someone who is new bid more more than £20m first off? He would be stupid to open with £50m.

I am not saying the guy in your case was new, but I am just saying that you can't assume that everyone will know that £20m for Ozil is never gonna happen.[/quote']

True enough mate,but his first offer came in at 17 mil i think ,sent him a pm explaining i dont want to sell him,then recieved a volley of offers!

His rep was about 73,so should really know!