Marc Albrighton....

Max_W

Re: Marc Albrighton....

Done Scotland so surely Premier League ain't far' date=' I hope anyways, up to 84 is a defo.[/quote']

Nah I don't think it's gonna be lke that anymore, they aren't categorizing British as EPL and SPL, and doing all those changes togehter, followed by South American .. etc.

All the big leagues will get reviewed at the same time, both mid and late season, while all minor leagues will be filled in during the middle.

On topic however, a great little buy at 75, should rise to 84, but if the changes aren't for a while an 85 is possible.

He's had a good season but a +10 rise? I can't see it personally.

I also can't say for certain that he will play for England in 2 years. He has a chance yeah, but he's only played a handful of premier league games, needs to prove his ability over a sutained period of time and not just a couple of months before we can be certain of his ability.

unfortunately SM are a bit tight and dont rashly hand out points, but if they did he'd get 90 at least as he is consistantly AV's best player this season. Alas this probably (lol) wont happen. Mid 80's followed by late 80's will be his next two rises if he keeps form. if he gets into england squad he may even get a 90/91 within 3 rises... which could be sooner than you might expect with SM promising to update the major leagues more frequently - so maybe before the end of 2011... ? he's definitely a joy to watch though.

Bit extreme. Do you have a source on this?

There is a source on that, MaoaM. Express and Star has reported it. If you go to Google and type in "Marc Albrighton backed for England". Though it says he is backed by Ashley Young, not Fabio Cappello.

Not sure how valid Express and Star is as a source though, haha. :D

There is a source on that' date=' MaoaM. Express and Star has reported it. If you go to Google and type in "Marc Albrighton backed for England". Though it says he is backed by Ashley Young, not Fabio Cappello.

Not sure how valid Express and Star is as a source though, haha. :D[/quote']

Oh okay. Im not doubting his ability, just seems very early for him to be considered for England.

Express and Star is the regional newspaper for the west midlands, its usually so far up Wolverhampton Wanderers rear end it rarely discusses the biggest club in the area :rolleyes:

However its not totally unreliable with regards to local team news.

As a Villa fan iv always know about him, saw a few reserve games and kept up to date with reports etc and he was always one that stood out, im just glad he has had the opportunity to shine on the big stage.

The lad has talent, and has weaknesses to, but for me, its his attitude that could make him !

He has no fear, he will run at one of the best left backs in the world ( Evra ) and believes in his ability to make them look like a mug. His crossing is improving, his tracking back has vastly improved since the opening day and he has already undoubtedly cemented himself as a first team regular this season.

Unlike Bannan and Clarke ( 2 other very talented youngsters who are staking a place in the team ), Albrighton has made the position in the starting 11 his, and has very little threat to him at this moment in time. I expect big things of this 20 year old, if he continues to play like this, towards the end of the season he must be included over the likes of SWP etc, however if Bothroyd is getting a call up so should Marcy boy :D:D:D:D

Great prospect and showed his potential again with a goal and a performance against Man Utd.

BUT he's played 10 games for Aston Villa and this is his entire career to date. +10 isn't out of the question if he keeps his form up.

90-91 in three rises though? Some people do get a little bit carried away!

He's had a good season but a +10 rise? I can't see it personally.

I also can't say for certain that he will play for England in 2 years. He has a chance yeah' date=' but he's only played a handful of premier league games, needs to prove his ability over a sutained period of time and not just a couple of months before we can be certain of his ability.[/quote']

The number of the rise isn't relevant. The rating that he has is relevant.

He will play for England this season.

Albrighton will go upto about 84' date=' then 87 in the next rise if he keeps his form.

What about the other villa youngsters, barry bannan and some other guy? what do you think they will go upto? bannan is currently 78.[/quote']

I believe Bannan got man of the match against united, so I think 83 is probably his max possible. Ciaran Clark is the other guy you are referring to, and he has been chosen over Stephen Ireland in central midfield even though his natural position is CB. He should rise to 84 as he has been given a call up to the national side (Ireland). Additionally from Aston Villa there is Eric Lichaj, who has recently been handed his national debut (USA) and should reach 81/82.

Also I personally believe Albrighton is 86/85

Oh okay. Im not doubting his ability' date=' just seems very early for him to be considered for England.[/quote']

Jack Wilshere was capped after 14 premier league appearances in the summer. Can hardly say after 11 games Albrighton doesn't deserve a run out in a friendly if he keeps up his form.

I think in the first rating change he should increases to 85. He has done enough to be rated at the base level for premier league players. If he continues this way all season, he could hit 87.

I believe Bannan got man of the match against united' date=' so I think 83 is probably his max possible. Ciaran Clark is the other guy you are referring to, and he has been chosen over Stephen Ireland in central midfield even though his natural position is CB. He should rise to 84 as he has been given a call up to the national side (Ireland). Additionally from Aston Villa there is Eric Lichaj, who has recently been handed his national debut (USA) and should reach 81/82.

Also I personally believe Albrighton is 86/85[/quote']

Bannan got the matchday sponsors man of the match, but Albrighton got the official one. And deserved as well. To be honest, everyone wet their pants about Bale beating Maicon, but Albrighton made Evra look as stupid this weekend but no one notices him. I don't mind that though, keep going under the radar and you won't have the man city's of football buying them just because they can.

I have also done a thread on some of the less known villa youngsters. I've not had chance to finish it yet, but I will do soon. - http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=74172