Hugo Lloris

lyon003

I think that Hugo Lloris can be a player for a potential upgrade in rating.

Personally I think his 92 rating should increased to at least a 93 very soon.

Also regarding Huntelaar's 91 rating?? surely a player of his caliber is definitely worth more than a 91 rating..surely a deserved 92 or maybe even a 93 at a push would be more than justified.

Re: Hugo Lloris

Also regarding Huntelaar's 91 rating?? surely a player of his caliber is definitely worth more than a 91 rating..surely a deserved 92 or maybe even a 93 at a push would be more than justified.

dont think huntelaar has done anything worthy of a rate rise myself, as for lloris i agree he's worth more than a 92, but while he stays at lyon it will take at least a season or two more of top performances before SM consider a 93 for him. If he gets a move to arsenal, seville or any club above that level of stature then he can look at a 93/94, and a move to a top club (barca/manu/madrid/inter) then maybe more, but that would be quite a long way off for him yet (although ManU making a move for him wouldn't surprise me as a replacement for VDS). SM are very cautious about giving players anything over 92, so even if you think (as i do) that lloris is better than eg: buffon, he would never get the same rating while at lyon (lyon capped at about 93 unless they get to a Euro final) and to get that 93 would take a few seasons of top draw performances.

I think you don t watch footbal very often :confused:

Don't think I said I blamed him for what went on at the world cup. i said he was awful.

Which he was.

I wouldn't qualify his world cup as disastrous, but I would rate it as average. He did as well as Oscar Perez from Mexico.

Goalies that were good in the world cup though...:

Stekelenburg

Neuer

Casillas

Muslera (Debatable)

Kingson (Debatable)

I wouldn't qualify his world cup as disastrous' date=' but I would rate it as average. He did as well as Oscar Perez from Mexico.

Goalies that were good in the world cup though...:

Stekelenburg

Neuer

Casillas

Muslera (Debatable)

Kingson (Debatable)[/quote']

Personally think Lloris is too high. His club form and international form doesn't merit his rating. He's one of the few goalkeepers - like Given - on the SM database who is rated based on his reputation rather than his ability.

thought Casillas was poor - by his standards - in the world cup as well.

Personally think Lloris is too high. His club form and international form doesn't merit his rating. He's one of the few goalkeepers - like Given - on the SM database who is rated based on his reputation rather than his ability.

thought Casillas was poor - by his standards - in the world cup as well.

I'd have to agree with you on some parts, except with casillas.

Casillas did better than most goalies.. which explains the level of the world cup quite a bit. I certainly enjoyed WC 06 a bit better, seeing there were more goals and more quality, which quite lacked in this world cup.

In the final, he did 4 splendid stops however. This is not easy, considering the amount of pressure a goalie has in a final of the world cup.

Nevertheless, he could and should do better as you say :)

Lloris was pretty awful in the World Cup and is still playing for a small club.

He's like Shay Given' date=' only worse.[/quote']

Not exactly awful really. He certainly wasn't the worst goalie there.

Small club??? Despite their current league position, Lyon are recognised as the biggest club in France, without a doubt.

As for Given, he did brilliantly for Newcastle over the years, and is a bit unlucky that Joe Hart was at man City too, otherwise I'm fairly certain he would be their No. 1.

Not exactly awful really. He certainly wasn't the worst goalie there.

Small club??? Despite their current league position' date=' Lyon are recognised as the biggest club in France, without a doubt.

As for Given, he did brilliantly for Newcastle over the years, and is a bit unlucky that Joe Hart was at man City too, otherwise I'm fairly certain he would be their No. 1.[/quote']

Don't believe the hype, baby.

Arrogant ****' date=' go get a life.[/quote']

LOL doesn't take much to wind you up does it?

I do agree with you though... Lyon are hardly a small club. That's just a ridiculous statement.

I do, however, think that Given is overrated. He is good, but not that good. I'd prefer Muslera or De Gea any day of the week (just my opinion). There was talk of the old Irishman making a move to the other side of Manchester... I sincerely hope that's a joke. Ferguson would do better to sign a much younger keeper.

But, like I said... just my opinion.

From what maurice said, it's hard to tell a windup from an uninformed opinion.

De Gea is good, better than Muslera, but Given has proven for many years that he is a top class keeper.

He'd be first choice at most of the Premiership teams, just Mancini has chosen Hart as the number one for this season.

LOL doesn't take much to wind you up does it?

I do agree with you though... Lyon are hardly a small club. That's just a ridiculous statement.

I do' date=' however, think that Given is overrated. He is good, but not [b']that[/b] good. I'd prefer Muslera or De Gea any day of the week (just my opinion). There was talk of the old Irishman making a move to the other side of Manchester... I sincerely hope that's a joke. Ferguson would do better to sign a much younger keeper.

But, like I said... just my opinion.

I think I heard that Manchester United are looking into the German international keeper, Neuer.