downing for 90!!!

Shoobdogg

Re: downing for 90!!!

He has been playing well for most of the season and is our top scorer. He struggled last season with his injury but is getting back into form. However, I don't think he should/will rise in the next change. He needs to improve his defensive side of his game (today he left warnock exposed several times). If he continues the way he is playing and Villa do well, he has an outside shot at 90 in the summer ratings changes.

errr. no.

he's average and one-dimensional. no chance.

it takes more than one game mate.

He was very good last season and this season. I think theres a chance if he can keep playing well and Villa move up the table a bit.

Dunno why he doesnt play on the left for England, the most suited player for that position which we always struggle with.

Considering Bale is most likely only going to a 90' date=' I think it is unlikely Downing is going to get a 90.[/quote']

That sums it up really. Whilst Downing's made probably his best appearance for Villa since joining the club today, he got the 1 assist. Bale got 2 goals, 1 assist and picked up Man of the Match ... amazing performance, not even his best this month.

Downing will stay, Gabriel Agbonlahor isn't always consistant but he's done a lot more of the last couple of seasons to deserve a rise to 90 then Downing, and Agbonlahor's more likely to stay then to rise.

i'm constantly surprised whenever i hear someone praise downing, and even more surprised when i actually see him do anything good. surely he's the heskey of the wing... everytime southgate would select downing before johnson was another depressing moment, and eventually AV took him away and allowed johnson to shine - yay. Downing is average at best, very capable on a good day and mostly culpable on a match day. Albrighton is making him look good at the moment, so dont credit downing, but credit Albrighton who along with walcott, johnson and wilshire are inspiring confidence that England has a future.

Guest Villa888

People should really stick to judging the Messi's and Ronaldo's of the world. Downing is a very special player. He's better than Johnson, Albrighton and on par with Bale. Difference between Bale and Downing is Downing has Delfouneso to look for while Bale gets Pavlyuchenko, Crouch (who my dog could hit in the head), senior strikers that can actually score. His technical ability is outstanding, his crossing is 2nd to none and his intelligence and passing is above standards.

I was a huge critic of his last season but if you judge him by this season and think he's average then you really need to stop drooling over Barcelona/Chelsea and actually watch games and not read the media (who also think Downing is amazing). Alan Hansen even said Downing was SENSATIONAL against United, and probably was Motm. Watch a game folks.

People should really stick to judging the Messi's and Ronaldo's of the world. Downing is a very special player. He's better than Johnson' date=' Albrighton and on par with Bale. Difference between Bale and Downing is Downing has Delfouneso to look for while Bale gets Pavlyuchenko, Crouch (who my dog could hit in the head), senior strikers that can actually score. His technical ability is outstanding, his crossing is 2nd to none and his intelligence and passing is above standards.

I was a huge critic of his last season but if you judge him by this season and think he's average then you really need to stop drooling over Barcelona/Chelsea and actually watch games and not read the media (who also think Downing is amazing). Alan Hansen even said Downing was SENSATIONAL against United, and probably was Motm. Watch a game folks.[/quote']

I've always thought he was a good player but I don't think he will get 90 this time around, however if he keeps his form up he will get it in the next changes.

An example of this was Steven Pienaar for Everton last season. He was by far are best player in the first half of the season yet he didn't rise but after playing well for the rest of the season he then rose, so I think it will be a similar story for Downing.

People should really stick to judging the Messi's and Ronaldo's of the world. Downing is a very special player. He's better than Johnson' date=' Albrighton and on par with Bale. Difference between Bale and Downing is Downing has Delfouneso to look for while Bale gets Pavlyuchenko, Crouch (who my dog could hit in the head), senior strikers that can actually score. His technical ability is outstanding, his crossing is 2nd to none and his intelligence and passing is above standards.

I was a huge critic of his last season but if you judge him by this season and think he's average then you really need to stop drooling over Barcelona/Chelsea and actually watch games and not read the media (who also think Downing is amazing). Alan Hansen even said Downing was SENSATIONAL against United, and probably was Motm. Watch a game folks.[/quote']

How you can call him on a par with Gareth Bale is a joke, yes he has generally better team mates but if your going to name the main strikers of Spurs you better name the main strikers of Villa. Downing would never have done what Bale did against Inter, Downing's only had one game. He'd be on a par with Bale if he played like his did on Saturday ... for every game this season. Bale isn't that consistant, but when he plays we'll he exterodinary.

One possible MOTM against Man. Utd and apparantly you can be called as good as Gareth Bale.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA i knew villa fans were deluded and biased but you my boy are something else

i've been watching him be absolute rubbish for years thanks, one good game in 10 does not make a player good, and he only looks good at the moment because albrighton is making everyone look good. as for target men, he's had carew and heskey to aim at for two seasons, and manages to find them about 3 times each / year.

i'm not gushing over chelsea or barcelona but to compare downing to bale is like comparing brass to gold, bale clearly has got 'it' - that something special - downing never has and never will have an i or a t, let alone them together in the same word. Walcott is touch and go for a 90 rating, and also bale is unlikely to go over 90 although i'm in the 91 gang. For downing's rating to be in-line with those players would be a crime.

To be a bit fair, his crossing has improved this season, and if he can keep that up, and continue with his current work rate, then maybe he will deserve a 90, but not at the moment based an a couple of 'unusually' good performances.

i've been watching him be absolute rubbish for years thanks' date=' one good game in 10 does not make a player good, and he only looks good at the moment because albrighton is making everyone look good. as for target men, he's had carew and heskey to aim at for two seasons, and manages to find them about 3 times each / year.

i'm not gushing over chelsea or barcelona but to compare downing to bale is like comparing brass to gold, bale clearly has got 'it' - that something special - downing never has and never will have an i or a t, let alone them together in the same word. Walcott is touch and go for a 90 rating, and also bale is unlikely to go over 90 although i'm in the 91 gang. For downing's rating to be in-line with those players would be a crime.

To be a bit fair, his crossing has improved this season, and if he can keep that up, and continue with his current work rate, then maybe he will deserve a 90, but not at the moment based an a couple of 'unusually' good performances.[/quote']

So You write a message saying how he will never have IT! Then and the end say if he continues his current work rate then he will maybe deserve a rise! contradicting!!!!!!!!!!

So You write a message saying how he will never have IT! Then and the end say if he continues his current work rate then he will maybe deserve a rise! contradicting!!!!!!!!!!

No, your misunderstanding. Just because he will never have "it" like Gareth Bale has, doesn't mean he's not going to get a 90 in the future. It simply means he's not at the standard of Gareth Bale.

no, he will never have it, but if he keeps up the work rate, and keeps managing to 'at last' get his crosses in, then maybe a 90's on the cards in the future... that's not setting the world-on-fire is it, it's a blood and guts 90 (fair enough), but that would be his max. I think your just trying to pick out a small point of my text instead of generally agreeing with what you know to be true :D

No' date=' your misunderstanding. Just because he will never have "it" like Gareth Bale has, doesn't mean he's not going to get a 90 in the future. It simply means he's not at the standard of Gareth Bale.[/quote']

No really, your misunderstanding i never did say he was as good as gareth bale!!!!

People should really stick to judging the Messi's and Ronaldo's of the world. Downing is a very special player. He's better than Johnson' date=' Albrighton and [b']on par with Bale[/b]. Difference between Bale and Downing is Downing has Delfouneso to look for while Bale gets Pavlyuchenko, Crouch (who my dog could hit in the head), senior strikers that can actually score. His technical ability is outstanding, his crossing is 2nd to none and his intelligence and passing is above standards.

I was a huge critic of his last season but if you judge him by this season and think he's average then you really need to stop drooling over Barcelona/Chelsea and actually watch games and not read the media (who also think Downing is amazing). Alan Hansen even said Downing was SENSATIONAL against United, and probably was Motm. Watch a game folks.

Possibly the most embarassing comment i have ever witnessed.