Official FC Barcelona Thread

Chivas

Re: Official Barcelona FC Thread

It took this long to get a Barca thread on this forum. It just shows how many glory hunter there are out there...

Anyway, so Barca signed Afellay. He is very versailte and can play on pretty much every midfield position, which is perhaps the reason why Guardiola wanted him at the first. If it isn't, then I don't really understand this signing. I mean, they've got quality central midfielders in Xavi, Iniesta, Mascherano, Keita, Busquets and not to mention their younger players that are coming up (J. Dos Santos and Oriol for instance). I have to add that Fabregas will come sooner or later ''back home'', so it's quite an understatement to say that the central midfield, which is a place for 3 players in Barca's formation, is ''full'' to 100%. On the wings, they've got several players who can handle the wing quite well, players such as Messi, Villa, Pedro and Adriano. In case Villa would have to play on the wing one day, Bojan would most be the replacement for Villa in the centre. On second thoughts, that might be the main reason to why Guardiola wanted him - Beacuse it would the mean that Villa will play more in the centre and not beeing played wide, as I'm sure Guardiola wants to keep Villa for a while at the club and not the same mistake as he did with Ibra by giving Villa, Messi and Pedro (especially Messi-Villa) time to ''gel'' with each other to the fullest (although Ibra and Messi had some decent acts together at some points).

However, I am very confused about this signing, though. Afellay is a quality player who still is developable, but this signing could mean that Bojan will face even lesser playing time than previously if Afellay would be prefered on a wing rather than in the centre, which is quite weird as Bojan is indeed talented and is by far very underrated, in my opinion. Guardiola seems to be trusting in the younger academy players of Barcelona, but as he his first season in charge at Barca B was Bojan's first season with the first teamers, he may be a bit conservative towards Bojan. Hopefully that's not the case, but there must be something, as Barca doesn't loan him our something despite beeing aware of how limited playing time a golden talent like him will be getting for a season.

Respuesta: Official Barcelona FC Thread

First comes Almeria, Then Real Madrid

So this Sunday Barcelona will face Almeria this should be easy however there are a few things against us.Like what happened to Barcelona against Hercules could happen again unless Barcelona plays its beutiful game.Also we know Messi will be coming from his international game in a good spirit however we dont know how the lost of spain affected the Spain players.Lets hope that the players have their mind on this game not on El Clasico which will be next week.

So give your thought about this game

Guest Villa888

Yes, while Barcelona have all those talented midfielders, they have NO ONE to replace Xavi when he's injured/tired. Every game Xavi's out they hugely miss him. Afellay can really make up for that. Plus, everyone continues to say Barcelona lacks any depth, they sign a player and they're automatically going to waste his talent.

Yes' date=' while Barcelona have all those talented midfielders, they have NO ONE to replace Xavi when he's injured/tired. Every game Xavi's out they hugely miss him. Afellay can really make up for that. Plus, everyone [b']continues to say Barcelona lacks any depth[/b], they sign a player and they're automatically going to waste his talent.

I do not think Barca lack depth. Their reserves are as good as most of the other top club's reserves. It is just that their first team players have such class that they are almost irreplaceable. Like how can you replace a player like Xavi or Iniesta or Messi?

Guest Villa888

I do not think Barca lack depth. Their reserves are as good as most of the other top club's reserves. It is just that their first team players have such class that they are almost irreplaceable. Like how can you replace a player like Xavi or Iniesta or Messi?

Of course their reserves are good enough if not better then most other top club's reserves, but that's not good enough depth. No one's saying Alcantara can't do well in a game but Afellay's experienced enough from PSV to International duty that can actually do well for Xavi. Every time Xavi has gone out Barcelona have been absolutely non-creative. Afellay can fix that.

Almeria 0 - 8 Barcelona:D

Also a hattrick from who?Messi of course.

Today Barcelona humiliated Almeria beating them 8 -0.This is a historic win since this is Barcelonas best result as a visit along with the win in 1959 when they beat Las Palmas with the same score.The goals were from Messi( 16,36, and 66),Iniesta (18),Bojan(61 and 77),Pedro (35),Acasiete(own goal 35).The only thing I would have liked is for Villa to score and for Real to lose.Anyway if we win next week against Real, Barcelona will be the leaders in spain.

Jwvy7GxN7DY

LFP-EL-Classico-Live.jpg

The folowing in my opiniong will be KEY players in El Clasico:

soc_g_messi_300.jpgLionel-Messi-4.jpg

The first one is Lio Messi.Why? So far he has beeen scoring in 10 consecutive games including international games.He also has scored 7 goals in eight Clasicos.So Messi will be an important player against Madrid.

disappointment-for-cristiano-ronaldo-and-real-madrid-in-champions-league-$7053457$300.jpgcristiano+ronaldo.jpg

Si if we name Messi we have to name Ronaldo.So far Ronaldo hasnt been able to score against Barca however he is still a great player probably the best along with Messi.Also so far Ronaldo has 21 goals in all competitions.

player.xavi.jpgXavi-Hern%C3%A1ndez.jpg

If we are talking about key players Xavi MUST be one of them.Maybe I said something wrong before which is Messi and Ronaldo are the best players because can they really pass over Xavi?I doubt it.Anyway I am guessing I do not need to explain why Xabi is a Key Player.

d7ca660babt-Ozil.jpg.jpg1154295_large.jpg

Now we go to Ozil.This is his first season at Madrid and probably his first Clasico.I chose him because despite of his young age he is a starter for his national team,has already played a world cup(and played good),is so far a starter for a Giant Team like Madrid(and has lived up to his expectations there).

Guest Villa888

My opinion, the 4 key players will be..

Messi

Xavi

Casillas

Marcelo

Marcelo has done such a great job learning a defensive role that on his day could possibly stop Messi... Possibly. Casillas obviously the most important one being that Barcelona are going to attack, attack and attack. Ronaldo to me doesn't play such an important role. Don't think he'll make any difference. He's not the best when it comes to facing big teams.

Xavi obviously will be key to make the passes we all know he can make.

BARCELONA 5-0 Real Madrid

With goals from Villa (2),Pedro,Xavi, and Jeffren Barcelona managed to beat Real Madrid.All i can say is GREAT JOB TEAM! I just hoped Messi would have scored but I am happy to see someone like Jeffren who has such a bright future score against a great goalie such as Casillas.I am also happy to see Xavis wonderful goal Pure Class like him.

Here Are Some Pictures Of The Game:

picture.php?albumid=225&pictureid=2086

picture.php?albumid=225&pictureid=2084

picture.php?albumid=225&pictureid=2088

picture.php?albumid=225&pictureid=2092

picture.php?albumid=225&pictureid=2091

picture.php?albumid=225&pictureid=2090

picture.php?albumid=225&pictureid=2083

Re: Respuesta: Official Barcelona FC Thread

BARCELONA 6-0 Real Madrid

With goals from Villa (2)' date='Pedro,Xavi, and Jeffren Barcelona managed to beat Real Madrid.All i can say is GREAT JOB TEAM! I just hoped Messi would have scored but I am happy to see someone like Jeffren who has such a bright future score against a great goalie such as Casillas.I am also happy to see Xavis wonderful goal Pure Class like him.

Here Are Some Pictures Of The Game:

[img']http://forum.soccermanager.com/picture.php?albumid=225&pictureid=2086[/img]

picture.php?albumid=225&pictureid=2084

picture.php?albumid=225&pictureid=2088

picture.php?albumid=225&pictureid=2092

picture.php?albumid=225&pictureid=2091

picture.php?albumid=225&pictureid=2090

picture.php?albumid=225&pictureid=2083

You mean 5-0? Too many goals you lost count.:)

• 1 month later...