Official FC Barcelona Thread

Chivas

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Respuesta: Official FC Barcelona Thread

I keep watching Barcelona and i keep thinking the same.

Barcelona needs at least 3-4 quality signings to reinforce its team. Barcelona's football philosophy has been very well countered by many teams already and they need more options if they want to get the throne again.

I dont know if the transfer bann that FIFA put on Barcelona will remain there but if not, then Barcelona really needs to think wisely on its transfers (at least once).

Goalkeeper: Valdes injured, Pinto not quality enough. Options? Well there is a bunch that might fit Barcelona's Standards.

-Ter-Stegen: Young and with Courtois the best goalkeepers in Europe. Shouldnt be a major expense.

-Leno: A step behind Ter-Stegen but his perfomances has proven he is quality. Also shouldnt be a major expense

-Perin: Also young and one of the best italian goalkeeper prospects.

-Forster: Giant but incredibly flexible. Reminds me of Schmeichel (the greatest goalkeeper i ever seen)

Defense: Clearly Pique's tendency to injuries and Mascherano irregularity aswell as bartra's inexperience forces Barcelona to go and hire a permanent replacement for Puyol that CLEARLY Barcelona misses.

-Kompany: He should be #1 choice. A natural Leader, fast, amazing on the aerial game (where Barcelona really suffers) and a hunger for glory that would really make him an excellent choice. Also has a good age. His price would be high, but he would put Barcelona's defense on top again.

-Godin: The best defender of the Spanish League. Put Atletico Madrid's defense on top. Fast, agile and great on the aerials. Also a very good at passing under pressure.

-Zouma: Young, fierce and strong defender. Also very fast. He is very young and should be able to learn Barcelona's philosophy, but clearly has the aggression that Barcelona defense needs.

-Marquinhos: Young as Zouma. Not that fierce but very more technical. Deadly on the aerials.

Forwards: While Barcelona has probably some of the best forwards of the world, they all lack of something... physical height, strenght, capability to struggle with strong defenders and aerial game. Barcelona needs a striker, with good height, good header for those moments where Barcelona rivals close their ranks way too much and forces Barcelona to send useless centered balls to the box where an average of 1.70 mts are waiting for them.

-Dzeko: Used to be rotated. Very good technically to fit Barcelona's tiki taka and with a great mobility inside the box. I doubt City would demand too much to let him move.

-Mandzukic: With the arrival of Lewandowski, i doubt Mandzukic would have so many minutes. Same as Dzeko except he is less technical.

-Llorente: Used to the spanish League. A very complete #9 and phisically very strong. Very hard signing as he is now a regular at Juventus.

Re: Official FC Barcelona Thread

Mandzukic: With the arrival of Lewandowski' date=' i doubt Mandzukic would have so many minutes

Not like he would get much more on Barca.[/quote']

he has no chance in barca with Messi playing as Centre forward just ask Ibrahimovic haha :P his mostly go to another german team

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can someone explain what the hell is this pls' date=' Valencia blackmailed Sandro Rosell or something?[/font']

MRG21410.v1406229118.JPG

Barça's transfer policy, this Summer, was so weird.

They overpaid for mediocre players, such as Mathieu and Vermaelen.

And, for instance, Bayern signed Benatia and Alonso at interesting prices. :o

Barça's transfer policy' date=' this Summer, was so weird.

They overpaid for mediocre players, such as Mathieu and Vermaelen.

And, for instance, Bayern signed Benatia and Alonso at interesting prices. :o[/quote']

Seems that Barcelona doesn't care about the defence at all.. i did not understand why they got the RB Douglas from São Paulo either. Weird transfers indeed.

• 4 months later...

Seems that Barcelona doesn't care about the defence at all.. i did not understand why they got the RB Douglas from São Paulo either. Weird transfers indeed.

Douglas was a "panic" buy, since Alves is on decline and Montoya hasnt shown signs of improvement.

Barca was interested in Mangala and Benatia but we were outpriced by Man City for Mangala (after seeing his performances for City, thank god), and apparently we couldnt afford Benatia. <--- Yet we signed Suarez for a huge price. Suarez hasnt payed off yet, he showed up in some big games but eh. I'll give him a chance, I like him as a player despite all his antics. He needs to be more "greedy" like the old Suarez of Liverpool. Barca tries to change players. Suarez is passing in a situation he would've dribbled or ran at defenders for Liverpool, and that's the Suarez that was brilliant, the one that took on defenders, made things happen, etc.

Barca's main problem is the stubborness. We want to continue with tiki-taka although it's clearly been figured out by most teams. Don't get me wrong, possession football isn't bad. If the other team doesnt have the ball they cant score hehe. But something different is nice. Enrique used a 3-4-3 vs PSG that worked pretty well, we won 3-1. Pep was experimenting before he left with some new tactics. Bayern plays somewhat of a 3-1-4-1-1 if i'm not mistaken. (basically 3-6-1)

I'd also prefer Mascherano at CDM, busquets has been ehh. But we did good vs Atletico, Suarez even though he isnt scoring, is creating space for Messi and Neymar because defenders respect him. Unchanged side for the 1st time in the season vs Deportivo, another good win, 4-0. I'll give Enrique a chance. I was hoping for a proven manager but, we'll see.

Edgar Ie is a good young CB in barca's b team. I'd like to see him play a bit in la liga. We're gonna have to rely on our youths during this transfer ban, which may actually be a good thing for the academy, after the failures of Bojan, Cuenca, Fontas etc, who were thought to have great futures. Deulofeu I hope doesnt become one of these... along with Munir, Sandro, Halilovic among others.