Pires to Villa

hog0101

Re: Pires to Villa

Stupid on villa's behalf.

Im not a villa fan im the opposite being a Blue nose, but really confusing move.

Villa and i hate to say this have a pretty decent midfield Young,Donwing with the likes of Hogg,Albrighton and Bannan coming through. So if pires starts who gets the chop form Midfield ?

Pires must be on something liked 30-40k a week ? i wouldnt know. So if hes just been drafted in to sit on the bench then thats a wast.

O'Neil walked because from what i gather he was not allowed to use the money from the milner sale because of learner putting so much cash into the club. (If im wrong then put me straight but i couldnt care less as i hate villa)

So if learner was then tightening things up playing youth such as Hogg,Albrighton and Bannan is perfect as less money will need to be spent in the future

right.

you all have a point but what happened when albrighton got injured ?

you went on a 400 minute goal drought until he scored again.

if that happens again you will NOT be near 6th at all. no team can afford such slip ups, look at chelsea. they loose their CM's and they start to draw. they lost their defence too now they actually loose badly.

i think ireland is very similar but pires was a great player. versatile too :)

if something happens to downing and alrighton you move young out wide with ireland and pires to play AM. any squad needs depth and i think he is a decent signing :)

I thought it was an odd one at first but so long as his wages are not too high then he may well be worth it, if only for what he can teach those young kids. Imagine how much a player like Bannan will be able to take from Pires - could be priceless.

OR it could be a complete waste of money - we'll see.

Adds depths

Adds experience

Will help kids develop after all he is a world cup winner and is a great player to come on and do a job for last 30mins got him on a free....no loss situation!

execpt ur giving him about 40k a week to sit on ur bench and read a story to ur players who he is old enuff to be there dad while they say "robert can you not afford a hair cut pal?"

execpt ur giving him about 40k a week to sit on ur bench and read a story to ur players who he is old enuff to be there dad while they say "robert can you not afford a hair cut pal?"

played 29games last season for villareal so.....you just said he's on around 40k a week so guessing he can!

I thought it was an odd one at first but so long as his wages are not too high then he may well be worth it' date=' if only for what he can teach those young kids. Imagine how much a player like Bannan will be able to take from Pires - [i']could[/i] be priceless.

OR it could be a complete waste of money - we'll see.

Agree. I remember when Gary McAllister signed for Liverpool at an old age. He had a great season and I am sure a few players learned from him greatly. One in particular.

His wages will be in the 8/10k mold. He will still do a job when put out. But his most important asset will be as someone who will teach to younger players, and can still play a bit himself.

I don't know how much, just an observational guess, but he was not brought in to just sit on the bench, or even to just play and collect his earnings. We'll see, but if I was a young lad playing, I'd want someone who can still play run alongside me for the game.

My two cents anyways. :)

Just shows u villas ambition by signing a 37 year old frenchman whos hair hasnt been cut in past 27 years.

deffinant candiates for top 6

why are people saying old players are rubbish ?

is giggs rubbish ?

is scholes ?

shows man uniteds ambition by having giggs, scholes, neville in their team.

moan moan moan moan moan !

give him a bloody chance !

I think it will prove to be a shrewd piece of business, and am only surprised more premierleague sides didnt go in for him. Big influence having a player like Pires training with young up and coming players and his presence in the dressing room could have a realy positive effect on the whole team. In todays transfer market I think its a minimum risk signing which could have massive rewards. Sure he will settle in well and be good for Villa.

-I am not a Villa fan or even particularly a Pires fan, just appreciate a decent signing when I see one.

Guest Villa888

Pires is a great move for Villa. While Villa has a great bunch of youngsters, they have no experience in the midfield. The oldest player is 25-26 years old... The other is 24-25 and the rest are basically teenagers. Pires could father almost all of them and truly helps as we have 15 injuries, 13 senior players out. Can we continue to rely on the same kids over and over like Hogg, Bannan, Albrighton? It showed against United that they got dead tired at the end which is why Luke Young was getting KILLED because Albrighton wasn't able to get back at all. The depth, experience and he'll play more of a coaching role truly does make sense. It also helps keeping that pathetic Ireland on the bench.

Guest Villa888

Brainless Celtic fan really has something against Villa.

Guest Villa888

His wages won't be much at all' date=' and I reckon he'll join the coaching team at the end of the season. Pires was one of my favourite players when I was young, so I'm happy about it. I'm not expected much from him on the pitch, but its still a better signing than Hleb :P[/quote']

Same, was always great to watch. Even followed him at Villarreal.

Not too mention our captain, vice-captain, 3rd captain are all out injured. That leaves Young, and the way English teams play defense against him, I'm shocked he's not out with a broken leg yet.

Nathan you do talk some twaddle. If pires is on 40k a week ill eat my hat, there's also loads of players that are 'old' and are still able to cut it at a decent level.

Lets not forget he was never known for his blistering pace it was more his footballing brain. I'd also be surprised if he started many games i would think he'll be used when were losing or drawing to come on and unlock a defence.

Nathan you do talk some twaddle. If pires is on 40k a week ill eat my hat' date=' there's also loads of players that are 'old' and are still able to cut it at a decent level.

Lets not forget he was never known for his blistering pace it was more his footballing brain. I'd also be surprised if he started many games i would think he'll be used when were losing or drawing to come on and unlock a defence.[/quote']

ill keep this simple for ya

hes cr@p

Been confirmed by Gary Mccallister on the bbc website.

Seems a strange one' date='given all the young talent they have in midfield.[/quote']

Not really, Although Hogg started and played a full 90 minutes against Man Utd, i dont think he will feature all to much this season, he could be a good little player but i prefer Bannan and there are a few established players infront of him.

our squad is far from big and we dont have that many creative midfielders, albrighton i wouldnt class as a playmaker / creative spark. He is a bright spark, runs at people , causing problems, i dont think any villa fan can say we have a out and out play maker, let alone a good one.

So for me, although i was slightly confused initially by the transfer, after consideration im pretty happy with it, and i think it was a wise investment. Not only can no doubt his past credentials and experience, and he was playing football last season so he cant be to unfit. By no means do any off us expect him to blow the EPL apart, but in certain games, be it starting or sub he could be usefull. Not to mention his presence around the training ground both in terms of attracting new players and helping the youngsters.

Stupid on villa's behalf.

Villa and i hate to say this have a pretty decent midfield Young' date='Donwing with the likes of Hogg,Albrighton and Bannan coming through. So if pires starts who gets the chop form Midfield ?

Pires must be on something liked 30-40k a week ? i wouldnt know. So if hes just been drafted in to sit on the bench then thats a wast.

O'Neil walked because [b']from what i gather[/b] he was not allowed to use the money from the milner sale because of learner putting so much cash into the club. (If im wrong then put me straight but i couldnt care less as i hate villa)

So if learner was then tightening things up playing youth such as Hogg,Albrighton and Bannan is perfect as less money will need to be spent in the future

Just wondering, you have seen Hogg once and now think of him as a decent prem player an established squad member, he has proved nothing yet, just seems weird to build your point using that ? :confused: Besides that point, you need more than 6 midfielders over the course of a season and were not just bringing him in to play, its the other reasons i mentioned above.

No one is going to get the chop, its called rotation and competition.

Again your making a point on ifs and maybe's, until you know what he is on, can you not guess, as it rubbishes your point.

Oneill left because he failed to see that he didnt spend money well ( 133 million he spent, and for what ? our squad is not great ), and we needed to rain some of the previous seasons spendings in. We couldnt keep investing 25+ each season with the squad not looking any better ! He failed to take any financial responsibility for the club ! Its going to take a bit of readjustment to undo Oneills mess. But we are going to spend money, Lerner has never said we wouldnt. Oneill left because he wasnt being given all the money from the Milner deal, which is ridiculous :confused:

any squad needs depth and i think he is a decent signing :)

Hit the nail on the head' date=' Depth and great influence on the team and club.

I thought it was an odd one at first but so long as his wages are not too high then he may well be worth it, if only for what he can teach those young kids. Imagine how much a player like Bannan will be able to take from Pires - could be priceless.

OR it could be a complete waste of money - we'll see. Thankfully theres no fee involved, its a short term contract so its not too much of a risk.

Just shows u villas ambition.

deffinant candiates for top 6

Least players arent joining championship clubs over us :)

Didnt realise you worked in AVFC Accounts :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The multi millionaire Arsenal and EPL favourite who has won countless honours... im sure he can afford a chain of hairdressers :eek: cracking joke :rolleyes:

Yup hes that good... villareal realised him.

Yeah because they are absoloute tosh arent they...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

ill keep this simple for ya

hes cr@p

Wow thats some amazing evidence there to back you claim up :eek::rolleyes:.

I'll keep this simple for you also, What makes you think that pires is 'rubbish'?

Class is not temporary its permanent so i cant think why he would have lost it now. If he turns out to be poor its no loss to villa as he's being signed on a free and with minimal wages while giving some of his vast knowledge to some of the youngsters.

Not really' date=' Although Hogg started and played a full 90 minutes against Man Utd, i dont think he will feature all to much this season, he could be a good little player but i prefer Bannan and there are a few established players infront of him.

our squad is far from big and we dont have that many creative midfielders, albrighton i wouldnt class as a playmaker / creative spark. He is a bright spark, runs at people , causing problems, i dont think any villa fan can say we have a out and out play maker, let alone a good one.

So for me, although i was slightly confused initially by the transfer, after consideration im pretty happy with it, and i think it was a wise investment. Not only can no doubt his past credentials and experience, and he was playing football last season so he cant be to unfit. By no means do any off us expect him to blow the EPL apart, but in certain games, be it starting or sub he could be usefull. Not to mention his presence around the training ground both in terms of attracting new players and helping the youngsters.

Just wondering, you have seen Hogg once and now think of him as a decent prem player an established squad member, he has proved nothing yet, just seems weird to build your point using that ? :confused: Besides that point, you need more than 6 midfielders over the course of a season and were not just bringing him in to play, its the other reasons i mentioned above.

No one is going to get the chop, its called rotation and competition.

Again your making a point on ifs and maybe's, until you know what he is on, can you not guess, as it rubbishes your point.

Oneill left because he failed to see that he didnt spend money well ( 133 million he spent, and for what ? our squad is not great ), and we needed to rain some of the previous seasons spendings in. We couldnt keep investing 25+ each season with the squad not looking any better ! He failed to take any financial responsibility for the club ! Its going to take a bit of readjustment to undo Oneills mess. But we are going to spend money, Lerner has never said we wouldnt. Oneill left because he wasnt being given all the money from the Milner deal, which is ridiculous :confused:

Hit the nail on the head, Depth and great influence on the team and club.

OR it could be a complete waste of money - we'll see. Thankfully theres no fee involved, its a short term contract so its not too much of a risk.

Least players arent joining championship clubs over us :)

Didnt realise you worked in AVFC Accounts :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The multi millionaire Arsenal and EPL favourite who has won countless honours... im sure he can afford a chain of hairdressers :eek: cracking joke :rolleyes:

Yeah because they are absoloute tosh arent they...:rolleyes::rolleyes:[/quote']

Oh wow dont bring in the championship spl arguement in like i havnt heard rent boys like u say it to me over and over and over. Btw the joke was quite funny cos i got repped 2 times dumb@ss. Erm yeah last season finished 7th in a league with about 6 teams who r worth watching in it :confused: