Re: 99-100

cheers mate for the quick response' date=' do you think Messi will reach 99 or will it take winning the world cup to do so?[/quote']
Yeah he sure needs to win the World Cup to get 99' date=' but this doesn't seem so distant after all since Cambiasso and c.o. were recalled to the national team.:)[/quote']

Well Ronaldinho didn't when he got to 99, he was just immense.

Re: Respuesta: Re: 99-100

In your opinion Messi is not immense?

Isn't Ronaldo immense? Much more complete that Messi. Showed his immense quality in the Super Liga, Permier League and La Liga. He's the star of Portugal. Average of 1 goal per match in Real Madrid. Plays with both feet, head, and has not only huge technique, but also strengh, power and speed. Amazing player! And yet, not a 99. If he doesn't deserve it, Messi doesn't deserve it.

Isn't Ronaldo immense? Much more complete that Messi. Showed his immense quality in the Super Liga' date=' Permier League and La Liga. [b']He's the star of Portugal[/b]. Average of 1 goal per match in Real Madrid. Plays with both feet, head, and has not only huge technique, but also strengh, power and speed. Amazing player! And yet, not a 99. If he doesn't deserve it, Messi doesn't deserve it.

No he isn't.

How is he the star of Portugal? Despite his superstar status he is nowhere near as important to Portugal as Raul Mereiles, Bruno Alves and especially Hugo Almeida. Influence wise he is about on a par with Nani and Danny. I don't understand how people think he is Portugal's most influencial player. Best player by a mile obviously. But in a Portugal shirt there are others around him more conistant and more important.

it's like saying Wayne Rooney is the star of England when he clearly isn't.

Winning the worls cup means nothing. If pele played for Scottland and never even played in the world cup he would still be a 99

Agree , but I think since Messi is Argentinian(which is have a huge history on world football) , not winning a World Cup is a biggest regret if he doesn't get that ..

Messi oftenly said his only to have win a WC to perfect his football carreer

How is he the star of Portugal? Despite his superstar status he is nowhere near as important to Portugal as Raul Mereiles' date=' Bruno Alves and especially Hugo Almeida. Influence wise he is about on a par with Nani and Danny. I don't understand how people think he is Portugal's most influencial player. Best player by a mile obviously. But in a Portugal shirt there are others around him more conistant and more important.

it's like saying Wayne Rooney is the star of England when he clearly isn't.[/quote']

What? Please... Watching the first 45 minutes of tonight's match against Spain is more than enough to prove any of this wrong. And also,

and especially Hugo Almeida

LOL. This is plain comedy right here.

• 2 weeks later...

Riferimento: 99-100

As i an relatively new to soccer manager i was just wondering is there have ever been any players rated 99 or even 100? I can see that Messi and Ronaldo are 98' date=' surely there hasnt been anyone better than these guys?.....[/quote']

I dont think even Jesus would be able to get 100.

Messi is closer to the 99 than Ronaldo, Messi has the advantage of playing for the better NT.

Isn't Ronaldo immense? Much more complete that Messi. Showed his immense quality in the Super Liga' date=' Permier League and La Liga. He's the star of Portugal. Average of 1 goal per match in Real Madrid. Plays with both feet, head, and has not only huge technique, but also strengh, power and speed. Amazing player! And yet, not a 99. If he doesn't deserve it, Messi doesn't deserve it.[/quote']

What a joke.. Messi is a million times better than ronaldo.. shown in the recent el classico