VDW = Hummels + Albrighton ?? Pls help!

I am about to sell Van der Wiel for Hummels and Albrighton.

I want to hear opinions about whether this is a good deal for me in the long run.

I already have De Silvestri, Boateng and Arbeloa (RB) and Puyol, Terry, Bonucci, Vermaelen and Ranocchia (CB).

Van der Wiel is somehow a starter for my team - I rotate him along with Arbeloa.

Do u think I should go through with this deal?

Does Hummels have more potential than VDW or is VDW more likely to move to a big club sooner?

Btw I already got some nice responses about this deal but I am still uncertain.

Anyone willing to help, pls do that quickly because the deal is already accepted :o

Re: VDW = Hummels + Albrighton ?? Pls help!

in Bonucci and Ranocchia you already have two young up and coming CB's so do understand your uncertainty. VDW is a top RB hence his recent 90 rating but will need a move elsewhere to realistically reach his rating potential. I personally realy rate Hummels very highly and will get a 90 shortly when the bundesliga is reviewed. But hummels could continue to slowly rise whilst at Dortmund but VDW will struggle unless a move happens. Both are very talented and have bright futures but its all guess work and partly dependant on if/when either decide to move on.

Albrighton will get a very healthy rise probably between 83-85 so you will have a decent young player there as a sweetner to the deal.

I guess you have to ask yourself if you can get another young rising RB to replace VDW as you do not already lack CB that fit that bill (even though hummels is better than both Ranocchia and Bonucci IMO).

Its all ifs and buts, but it is a decent deal and I would probably do it. hope it helps

I am about to sell Van der Wiel for Hummels and Albrighton.

I want to hear opinions about whether this is a good deal for me in the long run.

I already have De Silvestri' date=' Boateng and Arbeloa (RB) and Puyol, Terry, Bonucci, Vermaelen and Ranocchia (CB).

Van der Wiel is somehow a starter for my team - I rotate him along with Arbeloa.

Do u think I should go through with this deal?

Does Hummels have more potential than VDW or is VDW more likely to move to a big club sooner?

Btw I already got some nice responses about this deal but I am still uncertain.

Anyone willing to help, pls do that quickly because the deal is already accepted :o[/quote']

I think that both VDW and Hummels are on par with each other atm. Both of them are starters at their clubs respectively but VDW has more international experience for Holland. Hummels just got called up to NT and I dare say he will get more playing time now for Germany due to his good performances at the back that propelled Borussia to the summit of the league.

For me I wouldn't do the deal because you aren't strengtening your defence with this deal(its kind of lacking in depth). Albrighton is a decent talent but for now, i doubt he can contribute much to your team in terms of rating. So, for short term, don't do the deal but for long term, I think Hummels would be better and will move to bigger club so do the deal.

in Bonucci and Ranocchia you already have two young up and coming CB's so do understand your uncertainty. VDW is a top RB hence his recent 90 rating but will need a move elsewhere to realistically reach his rating potential. I personally realy rate Hummels very highly and will get a 90 shortly when the bundesliga is reviewed. But hummels could continue to slowly rise whilst at Dortmund but VDW will struggle unless a move happens. Both are very talented and have bright futures but its all guess work and partly dependant on if/when either decide to move on.

Albrighton will get a very healthy rise probably between 83-85 so you will have a decent young player there as a sweetner to the deal.

I guess you have to ask yourself if you can get another young rising RB to replace VDW as you do not already lack CB that fit that bill (even though hummels is better than both Ranocchia and Bonucci IMO).

Its all ifs and buts' date=' but it is a decent deal and I would probably do it. hope it helps[/quote']

There is no decent RB available ATM so VDW is realistically the best upcoming right back.

I do have a really big squad, so I am really looking to make a good deal out of VDW if I were to sell him.

I dont lack depth so I would only do it if Hummels and Albrighton could reach 90+ one day (sooner than VDW).

VDW is already a starter for me whereas if I get Hummels, he wont be needed...However, if he is talented enough I would sacrifice VDW.

I am really confused :confused:

There is no decent RB available ATM so VDW is realistically the best upcoming right back.

I do have a really big squad' date=' so I am really looking to make a good deal out of VDW if I were to sell him.

I dont lack depth so I would only do it if Hummels and Albrighton could reach 90+ one day (sooner than VDW).

VDW is already a starter for me whereas if I get Hummels, he wont be needed...However, if he is talented enough I would sacrifice VDW.

I am really confused :confused:[/quote']

No.. I wouldn't do it to be perfectly honest. It doesn't suit u.

Sure Hummels and Albrighton are very tasty prospects but it's not good to have too many of one type of player. Unless u play a 3 man defense, I wouldn't do it.

Ranocchia and Bonucci will both be 90+

No.. I wouldn't do it to be perfectly honest. It doesn't suit u.

Sure Hummels and Albrighton are very tasty prospects but it's not good to have too many of one type of player. Unless u play a 3 man defense' date=' I wouldn't do it.

[b']Ranocchia and Bonucci will both be 90+[/b]

I know that they are really good prospects however is Hummels more likely to break into the 92+ zone faster? :o

I know that they are really good prospects however is Hummels more likely to break into the 92+ zone faster? :o

Well, we know Chiellini will be a def starter, but people like Cannavaro and Nesta wont. So far Bonucci has been called up to the starting line up and they dont really face too much competition for the CB spot.

Hummels on the other hand, faces a lot of competition from Westermann, Boateng, Tasci, Howedes and may or may not make the CB spot his as fast as the other two.

So one of the two Italians is likely to rise to 92 faster, besides they're already at the bigger clubs, with Bonucci already starting and so will Ranocchia in a season or 2

Well' date=' we know Chiellini will be a def starter, but people like Cannavaro and Nesta wont. So far Bonucci has been called up to the starting line up and they dont really face too much competition for the CB spot.

Hummels on the other hand, faces a lot of competition from Westermann, Boateng, Tasci, Howedes and may or may not make the CB spot his as fast as the other two.

So one of the two Italians is likely to rise to 92 faster, besides they're already at the bigger clubs, with Bonucci already starting and so will Ranocchia in a season or 2[/quote']

Ok then, who do u think is better in terms of full potential?

Hummels or VDW? (dont take position into consideration)

I do have a really big squad' date=' so I am really looking to make a good deal out of VDW if I were to sell him.

I am really confused :confused:[/quote']

Think you have found your answer then. Its a tough one but if VDW plays and you have nobody set to replace him as a decent young RB don't sell... or at least wait for an offer you realy cant refuse.

Ok then' date=' who do u think is better in terms of full potential?

Hummels or VDW? (dont take position into consideration)[/quote']

I've just seen VdW play and people make him out to be greater than he is. I've never been too impressed by him.

Never seen Hummels play so I can't tell you, sorry

Think you have found your answer then. Its a tough one but if VDW plays and you have nobody set to replace him as a decent young RB don't sell... or at least wait for an offer you realy cant refuse.

Well yes, but I was thinking about this:

If Hummels (+ Albrighton) is really worth getting, I could pull through with Arbeloa and Boateng for the time being until someone becomes available...

Ok then' date=' who do u think is better in terms of full potential?

Hummels or VDW? (dont take position into consideration)[/quote']

Hummels by a long shot , Hummels & Subotic are the best CB Pairing in the bundesliga right now this is who is helping them out to stay top of the league.

Whilst Van Der Wiel who i quite high but he is like clichy , although not as fast. He will go forward but make mistakes and not come back quick enough and then concede due to counter attack.

Hummels by a long shot ' date=' Hummels & Subotic are the best CB Pairing in the bundesliga right now this is who is helping them out to stay top of the league.

Whilst Van Der Wiel who i rate highly but he is like clichy , although not as fast. He will go forward but make mistakes and not come back quick enough and then concede due to counter attack.[/quote']

Therefore, in simple words you are saying that Hummels is better...If u are so confident about this, I will go through with this deal then.

However, do u believe that he can continue rising in the future?

Therefore' date=' in simple words you are saying that Hummels is better...If u are so confident about this, I will go through with this deal then.

However, do u believe that he can continue rising in the future?[/quote']

hell yes , he's performing better than Mertesacker (93) even though Mertesacker has went through recent injuries.

A Big team is going to come in for him soon and just watch ;)

hell yes ' date=' he's performing better than Mertesacker (93) even though Mertesacker has went through recent injuries.

A Big team is going to come in for him soon and just watch ;)[/quote']

Have a look at this:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/2010/11/17/2218434/borussia-dortmund-defender-mats-hummels-on-inter-radar

Anyways thanks for all the input guys. I will let the deal go through :)

Hope I am making the correct decision :o