van der vaart or gourcuff

Re: van der vaart or gourcuff

hi new 2de forum. i was just offered a deal of 5million and van der vaart 4 gourcuff. do u tink i shud sell gourcuff or keep him' date='i cud prob hold out 4more wat do tink[/quote']

Hard to say, VDV is the more likely to go to 93 at this stage, playing ridiculously well, but long term Gourcuff could move to a bigger club and perhaps be even better than VDV.

Short term-VDV

Long term-Gourcuff

If I were you I'd take the deal, but others may disagree

Its really tough deciding, as mentioned, VDV has been in outrageously fine form this season but we must not discount the fact that Gourcuff has been touted to be the next 'Zidane' for France. However, for short term, i would do the deal as VDV is a consistent performer for both Spurs and his former employees(Madrid). Gourcuff on the other hand tends to falter in big games and his talent has not been utilised wisely yet by the national team(things might take a change since Blanc is now manager). So, i would suggest you do the deal unless you are playing long term(3-5 years, i think that's the time Gourcuff would need to fufil his potential).

hi new 2de forum. i was just offered a deal of 5million and van der vaart 4 gourcuff. do u tink i shud sell gourcuff or keep him' date='i cud prob hold out 4more wat do tink[/quote']

i'm say no cos i like gourcuff better.

in fact botn excellent players, so it depends on how u like them.

PS: VDV has a +1 next update but G29 nothing.

Many sm.com managers think very highly of Gourcuff & believe he will keep rising (he most likely will) yet in the short term he won't. Hes struggling to settle in at Lyon & the club is also not off to a good start.

VDV is on fire now that he has been given a chance to play once again. And it should get better as that left side of Spurs midfield with VDV & Bale scares the daylights out of opponents.

My point is, it's a good deal but you may be able to milk this deal for more. See if you can get 5-10M more if you need the cash &/or a young riser thrown in.