Bradford City - From 4th division to glory?

English Championship 5749

Bradford City

Division 2

Season 3

--

I started this project on January 25th, 2010, in an attempt to create a dynasty out of one of the weakest sides in 4th division at the time. Now that we've reached the 2nd division, I've decided to create a thread on which I'll post some more significant updates.

Interestingly enough, during the past week or so, almost 10 new managers have joined the setup! Only a week ago, only Man United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Nottingham Forest, Stockport County, Bradford City, and Brighton and Hove Albion were taken. Nottingham, Stockport, and Brighton were all "small-club-to-glory" projects, similar to mine. Unfortunately Brighton manager left a while ago, so we only have 3 "experimental" managers left in this league. Lots of fun though!

The current squad consists of 169 players, which is too much for this club's wage bill. The plan is to cut the current 1.7m+ wage bill by around a million once TBs end.

--

Here's the current squad:

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=1912589&clubid=16396381&sid=40170

Monetary balance is near 0 though :D.

--

The goal in short term is to recreate a feasible financial plan (I had at one point nearly 200m in balance) and promote to division 1. Once there, I'll attempt to challenge for the Div. 1 top spot.

--

Wish me luck!

Re: Bradford City - From 4th division to glory?

Opened the season with a couple of 2-0 wins, sitting 3rd in the league with equal points with the leader.

Next up Stockport County, my fellow 4th division rising team :). Important match as they're the only other managed team and probably biggest threat to my division 2 title hopes.

Re: Bradford City - From 4th division to glory?

The strongest side in the setup, Arsenal, worth 433m, is unmanaged...hmm.

--

A humiliating 2-3 home loss to Stockport means I'm now 3rd in the league, 3 points from leaders.

Also, debt hits 2.4m...will reach double digits in millions by the time my TBs are over (2 more weeks...)