Fabio Coentrao to 90!!

scribe313

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Fabio Coentrao to 90!!

What about other players like De Gea' date=' J.Hernandez and Carroll....all fdefinate first teamers and internationals, so maybe bigger rises for them than we thought??[/quote']

Hernandez aint a first teamer, Carrol had his international debut a week ago, De Gea has Valdes Reina and Casillas ahead of him, but yea who knows if the rises are going to be bigger than expected.

IMO ' date=' De Gea maybe hit 89 ..

Chicharito & Carroll maybe 88(or 89 ????)[/quote']

Normal for de gea was to hit 88 or 89 but probably 89 now..

Chicharito..every1 thought that he will get 88 but who knows maybe sm again suprise us and he get 89 :D carrol probably 87..

Hmm' date=' wonder what Bale will rise to.[/quote']

Well Coentrao is a starter for the reigning Portuguese champions, his country and was one of the best players for his position at the World Cup (arguably the best LB, in my opinion). Bale's been in electrifying form, but he doesn't have the feather in his cap of performing superbly on the world's greatest stage that Coentrao does. Bale to 90 as well, for me.

Well Coentrao is a starter for the reigning Portuguese champions' date=' his country and was one of the best players for his position at the World Cup (arguably the best LB, in my opinion). Bale's been in electrifying form, but he doesn't have the feather in his cap of performing superbly on the world's greatest stage that Coentrao does. Bale to 90 as well, for me.[/quote']

Hmm, makes sense.

Do the Welsh usually qualify for the WC?

Because if they don't, Bale will have a massive disadvantage =/

Bale should only go to 89

All those people addicted to the very mention of Bale's name will probably commit SM suicide if this happens :D

Normal for de gea was to hit 88 or 89 but probably 89 now..

Chicharito..every1 thought that he will get 88 but who knows maybe sm again suprise us and he get 89 :D carrol probably 87..

What is Carroll current rating ?

I never search for him for my team :D

Anyway , agree with Chicharito , I had a feeling , he will get surprise 89 :D

Playing in club like United or Madrid always have advantage

Rafael should to 88 too !

:D

Well Coentrao is a starter for the reigning Portuguese champions' date=' his country and was one of the best players for his position at the World Cup (arguably the best LB, in my opinion). Bale's been in electrifying form, but he doesn't have the feather in his cap of performing superbly on the world's greatest stage that Coentrao does. Bale to 90 as well, for me.[/quote']

totally agree with all of this , good post ^^.

Well Coentrao is a starter for the reigning Portuguese champions' date=' his country and was one of the best players for his position at the World Cup (arguably the best LB, in my opinion). Bale's been in electrifying form, [b']but he doesn't have the feather in his cap of performing superbly on the world's greatest stage[/b] that Coentrao does. Bale to 90 as well, for me.

That point is debatable ;) Some would say that the CL is the worlds greatest stage (and judging it on this years WC, I would have to agree), but I don't think SM should judge players too much on NT team form anyway. Say when Giggs was back in his 'hay-day' most would agree he was 96/97 quality? Anyway, just cause he was mis-fortunate enough to be born in a small country that doesn't challenge for international honours his rating should be limited? The same can be said for Bale right now.

I do understand though that Coentrao has been performing for a much longer time than Bale though and that is why its probably fair that they both rise to 90. Although it wouldn't surprise me should Bale get a rise to 91.

That point is debatable ;) Some would say that the CL is the worlds greatest stage (and judging it on this years WC' date=' I would have to agree), but I don't think SM should judge players too much on NT team form anyway. Say when Giggs was back in his 'hay-day' most would agree he was 96/97 quality? Anyway, just cause he was mis-fortunate enough to be born in a small country that doesn't challenge for international honours his rating should be limited? The same can be said for Bale right now.

I do understand though that Coentrao has been performing for a much longer time than Bale though and that is why its probably fair that they both rise to 90. Although it wouldn't surprise me should Bale get a rise to 91.[/quote']

I see what you're saying, since this year's WC wasn't the most entralling of all time and because the UCL showcases the world's best players year in year out, but the WC is still the greatest stage of them all. It only comes around once every four years for a start, and it is a much more prestigious competition in my opinion.

That said, I agree with your points that Bale shouldn't be punished for playing for such a poor nation, and he won't be. Plenty of players have earned high ratings in the not too distant past without figuring for their NT at all, let alone at the WC. Players like Raul, Frey, Zannetti and Cambiasso spring to mind, although the latter two have now returned to the Argentine fold since the departure of Maradona.

My point was that Coentrao has done more to achieve his 90 than Bale has. Bale will certainly get 90 as well because he has played well in a better league and has gotten far more adulation for his recent efforts than Coentrao ever will. The sheer volume of people who are suddenly adoring Bale will see him to 90, and perhaps to an undeserved 91.