The Politics Thread

Re: The Politics Thread

there will be civil war' date=' not only in Sweden but in countless countries due to relgions clashing etc. [/quote']

Not gonna happen-the worst might be the French Riots or the Feral youth invasion due to some trigger.

You see in general civil wars require certain ingredients to arise out of skirmishes-I doubt very much that the good people of Sweden will allow that-unless of course they don't qualify for Brazil ;)

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Politics Thread First of all R.I.P to the guy that died in Woolwich,if he was beheaded (can't watch the supposed video that exists) that's a horrible way to die and of course noone ever ever

Re: The Politics Thread Can't help but agree with the sentiments that the IRA, and Irish people and Catholics did NOT get the kind of demonisation that Islam gets today. And they were far more succes

Re: The Politics Thread You post up the article involving one case and arguing on that basis that NHS isn't great. So you are generalising as you are implying that is all they pay for all year long.

A Politics Thread !!!!!!!

That's Cool ....

I already read a few posts , some of you guys look really reasonable , others just talk ****......I'll be honest with you guys I HATE Religious discriminants...

At the end of the day we are all equal

Peace out B)

The point is that we have lost our basic right to control our own borders and thus our right to define our own nation.

If heavily policed border controls had a great effect on illegal immigration' date=' the United States would not be home to so many undocumented migrants. The problem stems from the demand for workers from UK firms, not the border controls. People wouldn't be choosing to work here if there wasn't the demand for them. Its too easy for people to blame immigration on how "welcoming" the UK is, or how easy it is for immigrants to gain welfare benefits. Im sure you know the benefits of immigration, but EU immigrants cannot just turn up one day thanks to the freedom of movement and claim benefits.. contrary to UKIP belief.

What defines our nation? To be honest, I think its fair to argue that times are changing enough for the argument to be invalid. Im a UK citizen, and im unaware of any national pride beyond culture. I don't feel that it is important in this day and age to have a nation built upon tradition. If anything, we are leading the way to positive change, and other countries can follow suit.

Toughening up as in persuading other EU leaders to press for a reform. Reform either in giving more power back to nation states and/or economically. Put British demands first, and push to make other EU leaders see our ways.[/quote']

Whilst by our standards the US border is heavily restricted its very size makes it completely porous to the determined illegal immigrant, although one similarity they do share with the UK is the wide network of family / friends that already exist to facilitate their illegal integration ( for want of a better word) into society. That said i do take your point about benefits and the willingness of employers to take on newcomers but perhaps we are touching on a wider issue of the welfare dependency and (to be frank) the idleness of many of the UKs indigenous population. Nevertheless its beyond argument to claim we (the UK) have full control of our borders, by its very nature our continued membership of the EU has put pay to that, hence Daves ridiculous assertion that he will restrict immigration to 10'000's.

Whilst i am saddened to hear your lack of due reverence to the 'glue' that tradition brings our society it might be worth identifying two elements of teh traditions you appear so eager to dismiss. Namely tolerance and democracy. You may feel we are a more tolerant society but as the Viking as eluded to tolerance often seems to be a one way street nowadays. Could it not be argued that we ( the host nation) have had to tolerate a huge influx of different cultures, tolerate their customs, religions, traditions and language and what do we ask of them? aside from living within our laws very little. Likewise democracy, is it really conceivable that we can claim to be democratic when year on year elected governments continue to ignore calls for an informed debate and referendum on the EU?.

Once more the notion that we can successfully redefine our place in the EU is pure folly. Before it could even happen Dave would need to be re-elected, if he was then for a start off would the fellow ( 26 of them) members want to renegotiate the EU treaty ?, would it be in their favour?. Fundamental change to the treaty requires a EU convention. Under EU rules, a simple majority of member states have to be in favour of calling a Convention, so at least 14 countries would have to be up for the talks before anything had even been decided. Lets say he achieves this, the EU would begin a long and complex legal and political process involving all member states, the European Parliament, national parliaments and the European Commission.

The convention's recommendations for treaty changes, which have to be unanimous, would then be put to what is known as an intergovernmental conference involving all member states before ratification any alterations or renegotiation's to the treaty would require unanimity. Perversely this may involve further ( EU wide) public referendums.

In short Cameron would have to work to convince other members that they have something to gain from reopening the treaty, and then convince them again that it is in their interests for Britain to have looser ties to the EU. ... i don't think that is going to happen do you? :)

That's Cool ....

I already read a few posts ' date=' some of you guys look really reasonable , others just talk ****......I'll be honest with you guys I HATE Religious discriminants...

Peace out B)[/quote']

Welcome aboard-actually it's about the battle of ideas and most of us adopt positions to be the Devil's Advocate..

Feel free to debunk myths, ideas and principles just be good natured about it:)

Not gonna happen-the worst might be the French Riots or the Feral youth invasion due to some trigger.

You see in general civil wars require certain ingredients to arise out of skirmishes-I doubt very much that the good people of Sweden will allow that-unless of course they don't qualify for Brazil ;)

Most of the people I've talked with, both young and old ... Very much worry about a civil war happening ... Quite difficult to judge the goings on in a country whilst watching from a screen and just reading the general stuff ... There's more to Sweden the the 3 big cities!

That's Cool ....

I already read a few posts ' date=' some of you guys look really reasonable , others just talk ****......I'll be honest with you guys I HATE Religious discriminants...

Peace out B)[/quote']

Same thing I thought, I to hate religious discrimnants, especially when people generalise.

Most of the people I've talked with' date=' both young and old ... Very much worry about a civil war happening ... Quite difficult to judge the goings on in a country whilst watching from a screen and just reading the general stuff ... There's more to Sweden the the 3 big cities![/quote']

I agree-we have had this discussion already-however the Politicians, Diplomats and the people won't let it happen -have a bit of faith in humanity :)

Same thing I thought' date=' I to hate religious discrimnants, especially when people generalise.[/quote']

Well it's easy to generalize-but statistically it may be a bit flawed.

Same thing I thought' date=' I to hate religious discrimnants, especially when people generalise.[/quote']

That's Cool ....

[/quote']

Oh there's very little discrimination here, the majority of people on this thread are Jesus hating Godless heathens...still, i am very confident their day will come B)

Oh there's very little discrimination here' date=' the majority of people on this thread are Jesus hating Godless heathens...still, i am very confident their day will come B)[/color']

Hello!!!!!! WE are still here :):D;)

I think Jesus does hate Godless Heathens doesn't he?

on the phone so it wont be such a long reply' date=' and excuse any bad grammar.

Sweden is, by tradition a christian country, we're protestants ... 98% or around there are bapthised at birth and we have for hundreds of years ended each school term in the churches. Singing a few songs, maybe one or two psalms etc, now with the overflow of Muslims that are flooding into Sweden, all this has changed, we kick the traditions out because otherwise the Muslims will be offended, several have gone out in papers etc. Saying that they are offended ... Our flag is in truth a cross on blue background, yet another thing that's been around for hundreds of year, this has lead to our flag being called a racist object since it has a cross on it. Our national anthem who stems back a long time, have been called racist.

All this, a majority of Muslims want to have removed, the traditional ending of a school term have already been removed to please them ... They want the other stuff gone aswell ... This in turn is causing more and more right winged radical parties to form and fight violence with violence.

you may claim that those who commit crimes etc. Aren't the "believers" but when I, with my own eyes watch my friend get attacked by people coming out from a mosque just because he's got a shaved head, that's pretty much says it all in my books.

And whilst they want all of this gone, they instead want to have their imams to have the böneutrop(dunno what it is in English ... You know, when the imam leads the prayer and talks through speakers and stuff) ... And this is while they want all the Christian traditions taken away, and the government is going through with it just to please the immigrants and to look good in the eyes of the world ... Tell me something, dyu think they'd accept me or a priest or any other Christian, to go to Iraq, Iran , Afghanistan, and build a church in the city centre and start holfing mass? Not a chance in hell![/quote']

According to polling, Swedish people are the least likely out of anywhere in the world to describe religion as n important part of their daily life. Any country in the world. Also according t a Europe wide poll, only 23% of Swedes belief in God.

It might be convenient for some to blame Muslims for the decline in Christian traditions, but a more reasonable explanation seems like Swedes don't really care anymore. Which, in my opinion, is a brilliant situation and I'm pleased to see Britain not far behind.

Exactly ......

Cause seeing a group of people from an '' X '' religion doing bad stuff , that doesn't mean that this ''X'' religion says so or all the people of this religion are doing the same thing .

It's just that those guys are bad , and by chance they are of that religion '' Only by paper '' I am sure there's no religion in this whole world encourages Spreading the chaos all over the place . The first thing that all religions agree on is MANNERS .

Peace out B)

Most of the people I've talked with' date=' both young and old ... Very much worry about a civil war happening ... Quite difficult to judge the goings on in a country whilst watching from a screen and just reading the general stuff ... [b']There's more to Sweden the the 3 big cities![/b]

There's three?

I agree-we have had this discussion already-however the Politicians' date=' Diplomats and the people won't let it happen -have a bit of faith in humanity :)

Well it's easy to generalize-but statistically it may be a bit flawed.[/quote']

Well if people choses not to abide by the laws set ... What makes you think they'll listen to politicians ? :P

According to polling' date=' Swedish people are the least likely out of anywhere in the world to describe religion as n important part of their daily life. Any country in the world. Also according t a Europe wide poll, only 23% of Swedes belief in God.

It might be convenient for some to blame Muslims for the decline in Christian traditions, but a more reasonable explanation seems like Swedes don't really care anymore. Which, in my opinion, is a brilliant situation and I'm pleased to see Britain not far behind.[/quote']

For some reason, religion is seen as a very private matter by alot of people in Sweden ... It was the two previous generations thet walked away from religion more and more, but nowadays more and more young people actually turn to religion. And that's exactly the problem, those in power, do not care ... Everyone I know are against these changes, but like I said earlier, one cannot judge a country simply by reading about it.

Oh there's very little discrimination here' date=' the majority of people on this thread are Jesus hating Godless heathens...still, i am very confident their day will come B)[/color']

2/3 of Britons haven't gon to Church in the last year. I don't even count as one of those cos I had to twice ;)

Only 10% go every week. Our day is here :D

According to polling' date=' Swedish people are the least likely out of anywhere in the world to describe religion as n important part of their daily life. Any country in the world. Also according t a Europe wide poll, only 23% of Swedes belief in God.

It might be convenient for some to blame Muslims for the decline in Christian traditions, but a more reasonable explanation seems like Swedes don't really care anymore. Which, in my opinion, is a brilliant situation and I'm pleased to see Britain not far behind.[/quote']

It is convenient

Exactly ......

Cause seeing a group of people from an '' X '' religion doing bad stuff ' date=' that doesn't mean that this ''X'' religion says so or all the people of this religion are doing the same thing .

It's just that those guys are bad , and by chance they are of that religion '' Only by paper '' I am sure there's no religion in this whole world encourages Spreading the chaos all over the place . The first thing that all religions agree on is MANNERS .

Peace out B)[/quote']

Yeah but sometimes there is a common factor that develops bad people -like Prunes..I hate prunes ;)

There's three?

lol

Well if people choses not to abide by the laws set ... What makes you think they'll listen to politicians ? :P

They will-as soon as the law becomes the protector of the people and not seen by them as being the method the MAN is using to hold them down.

Would you obey unjust laws? Some people did-the American Indians...

For some reason' date=' religion is seen as a very private matter by alot of people in Sweden ... It was the two previous generations thet walked away from religion more and more, but nowadays more and more young people actually turn to religion. And that's exactly the problem, those in power, do not care ... Everyone I know are against these changes, but like I said earlier, one cannot judge a country simply by reading about it.[/quote']

You can say religion is coming back, but currently I don't see it in any numbers. But why should a country where only 20% of people believe in God have to put up with any state backing of Christianity?

It is convenient

Yeah but sometimes there is a common factor that develops bad people -like Prunes..I hate prunes ;)

lol

They will-as soon as the law becomes the protector of the people and not seen by them as being the method the MAN is using to hold them down.

Would you obey unjust laws? Some people did-the American Indians...

well the Indians had 2 choices ... Obey or die ... I would probably chose the latter rather then being treated as garbage and suffereach die at the hands of tyrants :P

well the Indians had 2 choices ... Obey or die ... I would probably chose the latter rather then being treated as garbage and suffereach die at the hands of tyrants :P

Mind you by 18th century standards they were a pretty backward lot' date=' according to Fern i should know because i was there B)[/color']

You can say religion is coming back' date=' but currently I don't see it in any numbers. But why should a country where only 20% of people believe in God have to put up with [u']any[/u] state backing of Christianity?

The question I'd rather ask is why would the government favour one religion over the other? Because had the governemnt remained neutral and not picked sides, I would not have an issue with it, but as it stands right now, to look like a noble country with an amazing government and immigration system, we favour the immigrants with everything. Surely a government should not pick sides but remain neutral?

They obeyed and then died...

Not sure many would make that choice :(

But a lot of the aliens in your country have that mentality-bit like the Black Power movement in the 60's 70's America-tough times are ahead ..but in the end you and your country will survive