The Politics Thread

Re: The Politics Thread

You'd have to assume pregnancy was an illness. A cure would be neutering or celibacy. Prevention is contraception. Abortion is getting rid of the pregnancy once it already exists' date=' ergo treatment.[/quote']

I wouldnt call it either, cant really say Ive treated for my pregnancy. Anyways its besides the point and quite off topic now lol

:P

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Politics Thread First of all R.I.P to the guy that died in Woolwich,if he was beheaded (can't watch the supposed video that exists) that's a horrible way to die and of course noone ever ever

Re: The Politics Thread Can't help but agree with the sentiments that the IRA, and Irish people and Catholics did NOT get the kind of demonisation that Islam gets today. And they were far more succes

Re: The Politics Thread You post up the article involving one case and arguing on that basis that NHS isn't great. So you are generalising as you are implying that is all they pay for all year long.

A cure can't be preventative though :confused:

In this case, they're pretty much the same. I was using the terminology as a cure meant there was no chance of pregnancy and a preventative measure would have the aim of preventing pregnancy but wouldn't be 100% effective. Most diseases wouldn't have preventative measures.

..so then, now with Egypt back under Military control is it fair to say that the middle east ( other than Israel of course) has once more proved itself incapable of democratic governance? :confused:

..and what about poor old Millipede, looks like his union paymasters are turning the screw on their boy, yet another reason to expect a Tory majority at the next election. ? :)

....and it looks like Edward Snowden will be soon be measured up for an orange boiler suit and a noose what a prat :D

Since all you lads are interested in politics I suggest trying this game out: http://bloc.name/bloc/

Run your own nation and under whatever regime you decide.

We could even get a soccermanager alliance going.

Bloc is a free browser-based nation simulation game set in the Cold War or' date=' alternatively, the best Dictator Simulator on the internet. You are the leader of a third world country during the Cold War. The game is most similar to Cybernations or Nationstates, but with its own twist. The developer has made it more of an actual political simulation with a Tropico-y sense of humor over pure number crunching. Instead of just BUY 10 INFRASTRUCTURE you will build hospitals, raise the minimum wage, conscript soldiers, declare martial law, smuggle blood diamonds, unleash chemical weapons on civilians...

The game only requires about 15 minutes once or twice a day if you wish - though politicking between players and alliances will eat up more time eventually. Turns are twice daily, at 2 AM and PM central time. The game was reset for the last time on May 9th, so join now and you'll be one of the most powerful nations in the game in the long term!

You will (hopefully) like this game if you have any interest in politics, modern history, beating up redditors, cosplaying as Muammar Gaddafi, or waging total war on enemies of whatever ideology you go with.

I strongly suggest that you start in Asia, as it's going to have one of the best regional perks: bonus manpower on a sliding scale to help you rapidly build up armies. This means that you can recruit soldiers 50% faster without negatively impacting your growth.

African nations can smuggle blood diamonds (low risk, decent payout), Latin American nations can smuggle drugs (very high risk, massive payout), and Middle Eastern nations have a 60% higher chance of hitting oil. Asian nations right now can create a Special Economic Zone for more efficient exploitation of their citizens and faster economic growth, but will also be given the crucial rapid army building perk in the near future.

Register at [url']http://bloc.name/bloc/[/url]

There's an excellent guide up at http://bloc.name/forum/index.php?topic=104.0

This game is a rare gem. The developer is working on it as a fun, completely out of pocket project and is constantly talking to players and making changes based on their feedback. There are no purchases of any kind and there aren't even any ads.

There's a referral bonus on the forums, but you get diminishing returns for each person you refer. I've already gotten mine, so I suggest that you work out referring eachother.

If you need any help send me a pm here: http://www.bloc.name/bloc/stats.php?id=989

Just stumbled across this. May or may not have been posted already as the video is a year old. Interesting nonetheless...

psZBaJU_Cvo#at=125

These people should just have the door shut on them as they're pushing the limits just for the sake of it.

Inprison them on the grounds of threatening public officials and other citizens. If current law doesn't permit it, make one. Problem solved.

Extremists are always going to be there and they need to have the door slammed in their faces asap.

Zimmerman is found not guilty in the killing of Trayvon Martin.

Something is seriously fracking wrong with that verdict.

The trial was on TV here. A jury of 6 women should not be swayed by arguments about a boy should not have picked up a bit of concrete to use against the Zimmerman chap.

I cannot believe that these 6 women went against a mother's child; who being followed in a car and then followed on foot, and then picked up a bit of the road he was on to use as a shield against this stalker guy; to have the cajones (or lack thereof in more than one meaning) to find that **** not guilty. My mind boggles at this. Jesus Christ, if anyone was stalking me on way home, I would be well justified in using whatever was at my disposal to stop the stalking.

There will be hell to come after this. I cannot believe the crappy verdict, and I cannot believe that this will go to bed as it is so shamefully wrong. There will surely be more to come from this story.

Sometimes war is necessary mate' date=' as some just foolish.[/quote']

Thats not what he was alluding to-its that soldiers were/are responsible for people being able to read things in English..

Zimmerman is found not guilty in the killing of Trayvon Martin.

Something is seriously fracking wrong with that verdict.

The trial was on TV here. A jury of 6 women should not be swayed by arguments about a boy should not have picked up a bit of concrete to use against the Zimmerman chap.

I cannot believe that these 6 women went against a mother's child; who being followed in a car and then followed on foot' date=' and then picked up a bit of the road he was on to use as a shield against this stalker guy; to have the cajones (or lack thereof in more than one meaning) to find that **** not guilty. My mind boggles at this. Jesus Christ, if anyone was stalking me on way home, I would be well justified in using whatever was at my disposal to stop the stalking.

There will be hell to come after this. I cannot believe the crappy verdict, and I cannot believe that this will go to bed as it is so shamefully wrong. There will surely be more to come from this story.[/quote']

well have not followed the story-and while most of the related articles I have browsed are livid with the verdict found one that actually tries to validate the verdict-the prosecution did not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman's account was false.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/2013/07/10/george_zimmerman_trial_trayvon_martin_s_shooter_is_probably_going_to_walk.html

Also it seems that teh Stand your Ground Law played some part..

Thats not what he was alluding to-its that soldiers were/are responsible for people being able to read things in English..

That depends of the interpretation you had on the sentence. The author probably doesn´t meant just english, but other languages and cultures. Throughout the history there was hundreds of wars between empires. Take this for example. Portuguese wars with Spain. If Portugal have lost, i might be not here or i would be speaking Spanish with my family. Thats what the author meant. Soldiers were responsible for maintaining and stealing cultures as well. What Infernito said was unnecessary and didn´t do any constructive criticism. I am not full war supporter, but sometimes, war is needed. Take WW2 for example, if the allies didn´t step in against the Nazi Germany and rest of the axis, we were probably speaking German now, so soldiers were responsible for people able to read things in English. Of course thats just an imaginary situation cause no one can imagine if Nazi Germany have won the war (if someone can really win a war), a lot a factors could have change this situation in form of riots, anti-war manifests, finally politicians would rage war against them, rebels and partizans, the world might be a total chaos. I guess we will never know;).

we were probably speaking German now' date=' so soldiers were responsible for people able to read things in English..[/quote']

You probably will, the way the EU is dealing with it's economics..

I would disagree-just another excuse by war barons to glorify the killing of others while making quite a bit of money.

WWII was no excuse. They had do it but of course there were some things between aka interests

I was referring to soldiers or war mongers yapping about how important wars are-and where would be without them.

Ridiculous arguments since we can't see how history would have unfolded if no wars were fought..