Stuart H

The Politics Thread

Re: The Politics Thread

....must say i am a little concerned about this whole Ebola thing' date=' apparently its caught from eating dead bats and monkey meat, and after reading today that over 7500 tonnes of that that crap is smuggled into the UK one can only think an outbreak is likely to happen here. To make matters worse our only line of defence appears to be the border control staff at our airports etc..considering they have waved hundreds of thousands of illegals into the country i don't feel particularly reassured...:eek:[/color']

a cyclist in the commonwealth games has been given the allclear from the virus after being hospitalised for 4 days since arriving from Sierra Leon..... he has now asked for asylum as he is too scared to return to source of the outbreak :eek:

a cyclist in the commonwealth games has been given the allclear from the virus after being hospitalised for 4 days since arriving from Sierra Leon..... he has now asked for asylum as he is too scared to return to source of the outbreak :eek:

..well i suppose that makes a change from bogus marriages' date=' but its a worry alright. Personally, i think its time to suspend all visa's from Africa until we get to the bottom of this outbreak. [/color']

..well i suppose that makes a change from bogus marriages' date=' but its a worry alright. Personally, i think its time to suspend all visa's from Africa until we get to the bottom of this outbreak. [/color']

looks like the end of days mate....planes will fall from the sky and a the world will be struck by a great plague.........sound familiar? :eek:

tbh denying people access to credit cards won't help the situation

:^)

looks like the end of days mate....planes will fall from the sky and a the world will be struck by a great plague.........sound familiar? :eek:

...and the allotmenters will inherit the Earth..about time in my opinion.

tbh denying people access to credit cards won't help the situation

:^)

....:eek:

I know some people are getting bored of the Gaza topic (find it amazing that war is trivialised to the extent of being boring) but each time I see Israelis sitting on the hilltops above Gaza watching fellow human beings being blown to peices I feel disgusted.

Is a disgrace that Hamas uses Palestine and it's civilians as a shield but Israel doesn't seem remorseful for the deaths of all the innocent people dying.

I also think that not enough has been mentioned of Qatar and Turkey who openly support Hamas and their ideas. Turkey is especially disgusting as they want to be part of the EU and be viewed as a forward thinking country, yet only this week they placed a ban on women laughing out loud in public!

I don't think anyone begrudges Israel defending their country.

Believe me many on this forum do' date=' and of course theres those worms in the Labour party..[/color']

It's a lose-lose situation for Israel really. Respond to the bombs coming from those areas and be condemned or don't and let them slowly bomb you without retaliation.

I think Israel worked that one out many years ago Mia' date=' their conclusion is defend their people and land and sod the rest. [/color']

I also think that not enough has been mentioned of Qatar and Turkey who openly support Hamas and their ideas. Turkey is especially disgusting as they want to be part of the EU and be viewed as a forward thinking country' date=' yet only this week they placed a ban on women laughing out loud in public![/quote']

...thats Islam for you Rugg, please tell me you haven't just worked that one out?

Another 3-day truce...

hopefully this one lasts

Quite ' date=' mind you that depends on Hamas of course..found this quite interesting.

[url']http://www.algemeiner.com/2014/07/27/latest-al-jazeera-data-shows-gaza-casualties-still-mostly-combat-aged-males/[/url]

...and as for Wasi's resignation, am i the only one left asking themselves why do those people always revert back to kind and stick together?...good riddance i say

It's a lose-lose situation for Israel really. Respond to the bombs coming from those areas and be condemned or don't and let them slowly bomb you without retaliation.

I disagree. A peaceful, prosperous and recognised Palestine would be problematic for the Israeli on all sorts of levels. Their territorial ambitions would be frustrated, arms money would dry up, pesky people might start demanding better rights and representation for Arabs living in Israel or even reparations for previous land grabs.

Even more, the Israel's backers might stop seeing the the people of Palestine as evil and its civilians as valueless. This could threaten Israel's position of privilege in the region.

No, much better for Gaza to be a small open air prison, where calories going in can be counted and the population can be denied their freedom - after all when they get a taste of it they'll only want more.

And if the odd rocket comes over (which, although wrong, are an inevitable and understandable response to an untenable situation) its no major problem for Israel. After all they're tremendously ineffective and are a great pretext for another punitive war against the civilians of Gaza. With any luck people will continue to believe that "they're both as bad as each other" and that the people of palestine are just as responsible for this as Israel is.

Meanwhile Israel continues to build illegal settlements and Gaza remains an open air prison. Yet people ignores these thoroughly shameful actions because both sides come out looking as bad as each other.

As long as the people of Gaza have no recourse other than violence they will be violent, and as long as they are violent Israel can say look at these evil terrorists and carry on doing all the things it does whilst the rest of the world shrugs.

Israel is opposed to both a one state and two state solution. The status quo suits Israel fine.

Oh sorry' date=' I wasn't aware you were a respected author, journalist or a historian. I confused you for an old troll. [/quote']
I'm not part of this gameworld, nor am I intending to join it, but I want to comment on these posts by the self-proclaimed "old troll" Longnose.

I'm not sure whether that comment was made in jest (if so, then you have a deranged sense of humour as that statement was absolutely crass) or you're being openly racist.

I wouldn't be surprised if you genuinely meant that comment considering that you've declared allegiance with Britain's version of the 3rd Reich (UKIP).

Hazzard, how nice to see you have manged to extricate yourself from deep within your own backside. Self proclaimed old troll ?, really ? ..no rather a tongue in cheek reference to name bestowed upon me by Halstinho. It has always appeared to me that listening ( or come to think of it reading) the views or comments made by others has never really been your strong point...then again nor has recognising banter when you see it has it?.

Take a little advice '' sonny'' whilst your hysterical antics might cut some ice in whatever sixth form college you attend...it makes you look more than a little bit silly here in an open forum. I'm certain Pippo, or whatever his name is has not taken offence at my little joke, if he has then i'm certain he doesn't need you to come his defence. Think on flower xxx

Ah in that case I will wait for it to be uploaded onto YouTube and watch it tomorrow or summit' date='

Cheers Alan.[/quote']

Just seen it, IMO a clear win for Alaistair Darling and the no campaign, of that there is little debate IMO.

Salmond was painful, get ready for the spin on it :P

So Salmond's plan all along was for Scotland to have a currency run by another country, which Scotland would have no control over, and to be governed by interest rates that it can't control either?

I don't think so. :o

Salmond and his chums are also so lacking in even the most rudimentary understanding of economics that they think reneging on all debt would be a feasible way to start life as an independent country? So Scotland begin independent life with a junk credit rating. That would bode well in setting up new trade agreements, especially with the huge loss in any non-Scottish British company profits which leave the country (but are currently divvied up between the UK).

The Yes Campaign is atrocious and embarassingly ham-fisted.