The Politics Thread

Re: The Politics Thread

I haven't been particularly active on this thread for a number of reasons, mainly because I can't be bothered to deal with those moronic, brain dead imbeciles (you know who you are) who've posted extremely stupid and bigoted statements as I'd rather do something productive during my limited spare time that I have at the moment. I'll deal with you guys later.

Anyway, I want to comment on the current bombardment of the Gaza Strip by the Israeli forces. It saddens me to see the terrible events unfold with the deliberate and systematic targeting of civilians by the self-proclaimed "world’s most moral army" (:rolleyes:), in which it has resulted in the loss of more than 1000's of lives. What's even more saddening is the complete disregard shown by most of the world leaders on this current onslaught by blaming Hamas for instigating the conflict (when in fact the evidence suggests otherwise) and for the deaths of the Palestinian civilians as they've been allegedly used as "human shields" (again, the evidence suggests otherwise). Also the never-ending mantra we hear of Israel having the right to defend themselves is legally incorrect.

A state cannot simultaneously exercise control over territory it occupies and militarily attack that territory on the claim that it is “foreign” and poses an exogenous national security threat. In doing precisely that, Israel is asserting rights that may be consistent with colonial domination but simply do not exist under international law.

http://www.jadaliyya.com/pages/index/8799/no-israel-does-not-have-the-right-to-self-defense-

As Halstinho rightly stated a couple of pages ago, way before there was any official confirmation, Hamas did not kidnap and kill those teens despite the Israeli government being adamant that they were behind it. Hit.... I mean Netanyahu (it's get easy to get those two mixed up :o, same shizz, different century) had "conclusive evidence" to suggest Hamas was behind the kidnapping but he refused to share it. These deaths were the perfect opportunity to whip up a public frenzy in order to get the public behind him as he wasn't doing particularly well in the opinion polls, and to provoke Hamas as he opposed the new unity government with Fatah despite it being overwhelmingly supported by the world leaders, including the US. It's no coincidence that Netanyahu is topping the opinion polls since the start of Operation Protective Edge.

As for Colonel Blimp (Longnose) calling anyone who disagreed with his views (which has since been debunked due to the emergence of new evidence) as "Jew hating", "anti-Semetic", "Self-hating Jew" etc (or by referring to me as Imam Hazard, not sure if that was meant to be offensive) and by shouting "Lies! Lies! Lies!" is just utterly childish. They've backed their points up with credible evidence whilst you've been consistently been spouting nonsense as per usual by peddling insults and offering a narrative that's been debunked. You sound like a typical hasbarist.

I've recently befriended a Jew who's undertaking a course in Arab studies. He says he comes from a religious family where his father was once a Rabbi. He describes himself as an "anti-Zionist" as Zionism is against Judaism as it's not part of any religious text. The Zionism movement was first established due to the rising anti-Antisemitism in Europe. The person who came up with the idea was not religious at all and his answer to stop the persecution of Jews was to convert to Christianity. He later changed his mind by coming up with the concept of a Jewish state. Originally he wanted the Jewish state to be in Uganda (:confused:), but again he later changed his mind and instead, he wanted a Jewish state in Palestine.

The narrative that the Israeli's were the victims of brutal aggression of the Arab states as they were hellbent on the destruction of the Jewish state with their sophisticated artillery, whilst rejected peace offers that were offered to them is wrong. As Halstinho rightly said, it's the other way round. It's interesting to see how Colonel Blimp's ass is stuck far up his ass by ignoring these facts. Why do you stick by the old narrative despite it being debunked?

Funnily enough, he recommended me to check out the work of Blimp's old chum, that lying self-loathing Jew, Max Blumanthal. I've actually bought his book Goliath and I must say after reading 100 and so pages, am shocked on how backwards and evil the Zionist regime of Israel is. Dare I say it's just as worse as the Nazi regime. :eek:

I think it's quite disgusting that Blimp hasn't been showing any compassion to the Palestinian victims as he's been constantly spouting his typical hasbarist crap by paying testament to the "brave" (cowards) men and women of the IDF who've deliberately targeted civilians. Anyone who defends Israel's horrifying crimes in Gaza is without doubt an awful human being.

Gonna reply to a couple of comments:

Hazzard' date=' how nice to see you have manged to extricate yourself from deep within your own backside. Self proclaimed old troll ?, really ? ..no rather a tongue in cheek reference to name bestowed upon me by Halstinho. It has always appeared to me that listening ( or come to think of it reading) the views or comments made by others has never really been your strong point...then again nor has recognising banter when you see it has it?.

Take a little advice '' sonny'' whilst your hysterical antics might cut some ice in whatever sixth form college you attend...it makes you look more than a little bit silly here in an open forum. I'm certain Pippo, or whatever his name is has not taken offence at my little joke, if he has then i'm certain he doesn't need you to come his defence. Think on flower xxx

[/color']

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2966600&postcount=272

You're incredibly childish.

As I said before, I haven't really been viewing this thread often so I must have missed it. That post was incredibly long. :P But nonetheless, you live up to that name. Ha, It's funny that you mention that I have trouble understanding other people's views or comments when you've evidently dismissed Halstinho's posted with highly accurate views by sticking to the old, dismissed narrative whilst labeling him as anti-Semetic. It appears that you may be senile Colonel Blimp. And I'm self-righteous am I? Lol, the pot calling the kettle black. :rolleyes:

That's banter?! Wow! You've got an incredibly deranged sense of humour. Actually I don't go to sixth form anymore, I go to Uni. Meh, don't care what somebody thinks of me on the forum in all honesty.

Keep up with the times Colonel Blimp.

What a disgusting piece. Trying to link that they could have been combatants. They've clearly missed the argument. Most of those who are injured are indeed women and children. As Jonathan Miller of Channel 4 News pointed out in one of his reports' date=' "it feels like a war against children".

I had a look at the Al Jazeera data that they've used and there's still plenty of bodies that have yet to be unidentified.

Believe me many on this forum do' date=' and of course theres those worms in the Labour party..[/color']

They're not against Israeli's right to defend. They're against the disproportionate use of force used by the IDF, unless of course you justify the deaths of innocent civilians.

Stand with us.

thumb.jpg

I don't want to side with an evil regime who've imposed an apartheid regime and have been ethically cleansing the indigenous Palestinian population just to meet their status quo.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Politics Thread First of all R.I.P to the guy that died in Woolwich,if he was beheaded (can't watch the supposed video that exists) that's a horrible way to die and of course noone ever ever

Re: The Politics Thread Can't help but agree with the sentiments that the IRA, and Irish people and Catholics did NOT get the kind of demonisation that Islam gets today. And they were far more succes

Re: The Politics Thread You post up the article involving one case and arguing on that basis that NHS isn't great. So you are generalising as you are implying that is all they pay for all year long.

One thing that I've forgot to mention about is the Gaza tunnels. Israel have known about them for quite a while. It's been used as a ever changing excuse to justify their assault on Gaza, as highlighted in this video below:

Ksk3Q7gu0BI

The tunnels hasn't been used to attack Israeli citizens. It's been used to bring in essential supplies since Israel have been banned items such as pasta, chocolate etc as their calories are being counted, the border to Egypt has been closed due to Mubarak and now Sisi pretty much sucking on Netanyahu's unmentionables and the fact that Israel have been controlling their imports.

It's no different to the tunnels in the Warsaw ghetto.

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/witness/2014/04/gaza-tunnels-201441772150756893.htm

One thing that I've forgot to mention about is the Gaza tunnels. Israel have known about them for quite a while. It's been used as a ever changing excuse to justify their assault on Gaza' date=' as highlighted in this video below:

[YOUTUBE']Ksk3Q7gu0BI[/YOUTUBE]

The tunnels hasn't been used to attack Israeli citizens. It's been used to bring in essential supplies since Israel have been banned items such as pasta, chocolate etc as their calories are being counted, the border to Egypt has been closed due to Mubarak and now Sisi pretty much sucking on Netanyahu's unmentionables and the fact that Israel have been controlling their imports.

It's no different to the tunnels in the Warsaw ghetto.

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/witness/2014/04/gaza-tunnels-201441772150756893.htm

mmm Aljazeera, a great unbiased source of info!:rolleyes: Please stop posting this bile! I have started to report many of your posts as IMO they have no place on a football forum! Good day!;)

mmm Aljazeera' date=' a great unbiased source of info!:rolleyes: Please stop posting this bile! I have started to report many of your posts as IMO they have no place on a football forum! Good day!;)[/quote']

Regardless of who she works for, she does have a valid point. At least their coverage is better than the likes of the BBC, Fox News etc who've been incredibly biased towards Israel's cause.

At first they claimed that Hamas kidnapped the teens when in fact it was later admitted by Israel's Police foreign press spokesman that it was conducted by lone wolfs. They changed the narrative to the rockets. Fair enough, I can understand that. But the volume of rockets fired by Hamas and the other militant groups has been disputed by military experts as they have doubts with the Iron Dome's 90% success rate. So they changed their narrative again to the tunnels. See where I'm going with this?

Are you Colonel Blimp in disguise? You're acting incredibly childish.

No i just dont believe this has any place on a football forum

I'm not sure you're aware of this' date=' but this is the [b']Politics Thread[/b], were political matters are being discussed. If you look on what section it's under, it's under the miscellaneous section where anything apart from football can be discussed if it adheres to the guidelines.

Now scram back to your little hole.

I'm not sure you're aware of this' date=' but this is the [b']Politics Thread[/b], were political matters are being discussed. If you look on what section it's under, it's under the miscellaneous section where anything apart from football can be discussed if it adheres to the guidelines.

Now scram back to your little hole.

"Scram back to your little hole"

Yes and your not being childish in the slightest....

Using Al Jazeera as a credible source.....I mean they have no agenda do they....come on really!!!

I have no interest in getting drawn into a mass debate as quite frankly I can't be bothered to write the essay's that some people are but your sounding as hypocritical as some of those people you are belittling, just because you share a different view to them does not instantly make your view right..for each quote you post of one view, the so called "other side" can find the same thing it all goes round in circles....

At the end of the day both sides in this conflict hardly cover themselves in glory, the media is manipulated, who you choose to believe etc etc.....

"Scram back to your little hole"

Yes and your not being childish in the slightest....

It was justified as he was beginning to get on my nerves by his petty remarks. He seems to have an agenda against me. "Oh look' date=' I don't agree with your posts, I'm gonna report you", "These posts don't belong on a football forum, I'm gonna report you", despite it being in the Politics thread, in the Misc section. :rolleyes: Now that's what you called childish.

Using Al Jazeera as a credible source.....I mean they have no agenda do they....come on really!!!

Good God! Did you even watch the video and read my following post? If not, then I'd suggest you do.

I have no interest in getting drawn into a mass debate as quite frankly I can't be bothered to write the essay's that some people are but your sounding as hypocritical as some of those people you are belittling' date=' [b']just because you share a different view to them does not instantly make your view right..for each quote you post of one view, the so called "other side" can find the same thing it all goes round in circles....[/b]

At the end of the day both sides in this conflict hardly cover themselves in glory, the media is manipulated, who you choose to believe etc etc.....

Yeah, of course I recongise that but if you actually read into it, you'll know it sounds a lot more sense than the Israel side who've haven't actually provided any piece credible piece to justify the bombing of a school, hospital etc. These testimonies that I've posted come from those who are witnessing the conflict, such as those who run the UN run schools that got bombed, or from an IDF solider who's admitted to committing a grave wrongdoing.

I've recently befriended a Jew who's undertaking a course in Arab studies. He says he comes from a religious family where his father was once a Rabbi. He describes himself as an "anti-Zionist" as Zionism is against Judaism as it's not part of any religious text.

Ahhh the old '' I'm not racist ( antisemitic)' date=' i have a black ( Jewish) friend Line eh Petal?, now i thought it was people like me who said things like that?. No matter as predictably enough your new Jewish friend agrees with your views?. Then again the poor sod would have to say that wouldn't he?, its either that or have his head staved in by some peace loving friend of Palestine. Sadly time is not on my side this morning ( some of us have to work to keep you lot in subsidised beer) but i'll check in later just to see how you are getting on with the old reinsertion. [/color']

Ahhh the old '' I'm not racist ( antisemitic)' date=' i have a black ( Jewish) friend Line eh Petal?, now i thought it was people like me who said things like that?. No matter as predictably enough your new Jewish friend agrees with your views?. Then again the poor sod would have to say that wouldn't he?, its either that or have his head staved in by some peace loving friend of Palestine. Sadly time is not on my side this morning ( some of us have to work to keep you lot in subsidised beer) but i'll check in later just to see how you are getting on with the old reinsertion. [/color']

No not at all. I can get him in touch with you if you want.

Oh FYI, I do know other Jews as well.

Good God! Did you even watch the video and read my following post? If not' date=' then I'd suggest you do. [/quote']

I read with interest your spirited defence of Al Jazeera as a credible source, so its with that in mind i am slightly baffled at your lack of interest in their figures that the majority of civilian causalities in Gazza were in fact not children or women but young men of military age?. Its here, and its worth bearing in mind these are HAMAS health department figures not the Daily Mails ...

Rather than sum up the bloody obvious heres a ( quoted) reasonable analysis of what these numbers reveal..

First, the casualties were overwhelmingly male—over 80%. We can presume that the population of Gaza is at least 50% female, so the disproportionate number of male casualties is striking. (Of course, I did not rely exclusively on my own ability to distinguish male from female Arabic names. For a while, Al Jazeera was explicitly indicating which victims were female, and that was true on Tuesday, though I notice they've stopped doing that.)

Second, among the male casualties whose ages were listed (some weren't), a majority were men between 18 and 40—that is, men who might plausibly have been playing active military or organizational roles in Hamas or in other jihadist groups involved in the fighting. A more recent calculation reported today (July 20) suggests that about half of the male casualties were young men between 18 and 30, and a full two-thirds were between 18 and 38. (See below; I haven't checked those calculations myself, but at first glance they look plausible. Updated calculations from the same source for July 23 are here, and calculations for July 25 are here.) By themselves, of course, those percentages don't tell us how many of those male casualties were actually combatants rather than civilians. We don't know. But it's striking that such a high proportion of the casualties were potential combatants.

Third, it is a well known demographic fact that Gaza's population is, on average, exceptionally young. According to the 2007 census of Gaza reported by the UN Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA), over 50% of Gaza's inhabitants were 14 years of age or younger, and another 10% were between 15 and 19. Yet less than 20% of the casualties listed on the Al Jazeera list have been younger than 18. There is no question that those add up to too many dead children and young teenagers. But those figures are not at all proportionate to the age distribution of Gaza's population.

..now with this in mind could it be that amidst all the unpleasantness the good people of Gazza are having to suffer the reality is that those wicked chaps of teh IDF are actually hitting the very people they set out to target?. I know thats a little uncomfortable for you, your many Jewish friends and of course teh guys at the university debating club to accept but come on..

Gaza+casualties+1.jpg

Gaza+casualties+2.jpg

Gaza+casualties+3.jpg

Gaza+casualties+4.jpg

Interesting statistic. I have seen many anti-Israel people mentioning the majority of people killed were women and children. Clearly want to manipulate the public with these lies which seems to be working to an extent.

I mean, I don't think there's a single armed conflict where the above holds true. Women and children hide while the men fight, and those fighting always have a higher chance of dying.

Lying is a pretty standard part of war too, because why not? If you're launching rockets or fielding tanks, what won't you do?

I mean' date=' I don't think there's a single armed conflict where the above holds true. Women and children hide while the men fight, and those fighting always have a higher chance of dying.[/quote']

Not if the Israelis are firing missiles willy nilly into civilian targets as the pro-Palestinian posters are suggesting. The ratios would be much more even if that were the case.

Although I respect everybody's opinion, I just laugh every time someone says Israel are less or as responsible for this conflict as Palestine is.

Facts:

Israel - settlers

Palestine - under occupation

You can believe in the Fox News-esque propaganda about this topic, but at the end of the day you gotta question your mental sanity. :o

EDIT: I probably won't reply to any comments on this post, because it's likely that I won't be in the mood.

Going through some (mostly leftist) European press on the Gaza situation these days always refers me to the term coined by August Bebel (founder of Social Democracy in the XIX century): "The Socialism of fools".

Here is some insight:

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2014/01/radicalism-fools-rise-new-anti-semitism

http://www.standpointmag.co.uk/dialogue-january-february-13-the-socialism-of-fools-anthony-julius-nick-cohen-daniel-johnson-anti-semitism-the-left-judaism?page=0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C2

Going through some (mostly leftist) European press on the Gaza situation these days always refers me to the term coined by August Bebel (founder of Social Democracy in the XIX century): "The Socialism of fools".

Here is some insight:

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2014/01/radicalism-fools-rise-new-anti-semitism

http://www.standpointmag.co.uk/dialogue-january-february-13-the-socialism-of-fools-anthony-julius-nick-cohen-daniel-johnson-anti-semitism-the-left-judaism?page=0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C2

Well, this was a complete waste of my time... :o

The author of the 1st piece is such an annoying, anti-Muslim snob! :eek:

1st conclusion about these 2 pieces: patronising

2nd conclusion: the authors think the readers are ignorant (and don't seek as much information as they can) and will believe this rubbish.

3rd conclusion: they're all over the place. :o

Their authors (intentionally) mix subjects, trying to put many people in the same bag.

The 1st one is hilarious.

Basically the guy says all leftists or centrists are anti-semitic. He thinks people, who are anti-establishment, are anti-semitic.

Well, I have Jewish ancestry, which I once again say I'm very proud of, and I'm not a moron. Only a moron would disagree that our world is an economic jungle, where people are trying to screw each other. And FYI, I know the difference between Judaism and Zionism. ;)

The guy tries to make the readers believe it's the Jewish people's fault the world is facing a bad recession. Well, since I'm not insane (and that speech only makes sense to stupid or crazy people), I can say this: it's not just because of Jewish people that we are in a recession. It's also because of Muslims, atheists, Christians, etc. There are all sorts of sociopathic people. Since that guy clearly has an agenda, he tries to impose his deliberately misleading views on deluded or moronic readers. Unfortunately (for people like him), there are people, like me, who have a functioning brain.

The Anelka stuff was just pathetic - the author basically said that the liberal media and people with liberal views didn't think Anelka's gesture was wrong. :o

I don't label myself as leftist / centrist / liberal, but I share many of their views. I found Anelka's (anti-semitic) gesture disgusting and deeply insulting.

About the 2nd piece, I just want to talk about one aspect: he said the left has no valid alternative (to this wild capitalist mentality).

Well, Canada, for instance, begs to differ. They're far from being a communist country and they're a very prosperous country. Why? Because their state has a real regulatory power over the financial sector.

While the deluded and sociopathic right thinks the markets can regulate themselves, numbers don't lie.

Number of recessions in the USA (capitalist jungle) over the last 200 years: 16

In Canada: 0

Canada is still a capitalist country, but where greedy scumbags, like the ones, who caused this economic crisis, aren't free to do what they want and then have the tax payers clean after their mess.

So no alternatives, eh?

Here's one: having polticians with balls, who only look after their people, instead of just being sellouts.

There's a famous quote, which goes something like this: "Human beings created this crisis, so they can very well end it."

And then we have these "brilliant" minds, who try to make people believe there's no alternative to the status quo. The problem is many people fall for that and are too stupid or lazy to seek as much information as they can.

Although I respect everybody's opinion' date=' I just laugh every time someone says Israel are less or as responsible for this conflict as Palestine is.

Facts:

Israel - settlers

You can believe in the Fox News-esque propaganda about this topic, but at the end of the day you gotta question your mental sanity. :o.[/quote']

Whether or not you consider Isreal as occupiers very much depends on your point of view of course but Pedro you surprise me, i had no idea you were a devotee of the Hazzard school of forum manners. Whilst its nice that you allow others to believe the Fox-esque ( whatever that is?) version of this subject you go on to question their sanity, Hainity insanity perhaps?.

Well' date=' this was a complete waste of my time... :o

The author of the 1st piece is such an annoying, anti-Muslim snob! :eek:

1st conclusion about these 2 pieces: patronising

2nd conclusion: the authors think the readers are ignorant (and don't seek as much information as they can) and will believe this rubbish.

3rd conclusion: they're all over the place. :o

Their authors (intentionally) mix subjects, trying to put many people in the same bag.

The 1st one is hilarious.

Basically the guy says all leftists or centrists are anti-semitic. He thinks people, who are anti-establishment, are anti-semitic.

Well, I have Jewish ancestry, which I once again say I'm very proud of, and I'm not a moron. Only a moron would disagree that our world is an economic jungle, where people are trying to screw each other. And FYI, I know the difference between Judaism and Zionism. ;)

The guy tries to make the readers believe it's the Jewish people's fault the world is facing a bad recession. Well, since I'm not insane (and that speech only makes sense to stupid or crazy people), I can say this: it's not just because of Jewish people that we are in a recession. It's also because of Muslims, atheists, Christians, etc. There are all sorts of sociopathic people. Since that guy clearly has an agenda, he tries to impose his deliberately misleading views on deluded or moronic readers. Unfortunately (for people like him), there are people, like me, who have a functioning brain.

The Anelka stuff was just pathetic - the author basically said that the liberal media and people with liberal views didn't think Anelka's gesture was wrong. :o

I don't label myself as leftist / centrist / liberal, but I share many of their views. I found Anelka's (anti-semitic) gesture disgusting and deeply insulting.[/quote']

Well i must be either stupid or insane then ( maybe both?) that or you haven't read it properly. He isn't suggesting the Jews are responsible for the recession, he is saying that many on the left ( considering the left as traditionally anti-establishment) or has he describes them...

What is new today is the appeal of this race-hate discourse to a fashionable, anti-globalisation, up-yours, them-and-us (“them” frequently being Jewish financiers and Holocaust memorialisers) coalition of radical Islamists, hip middle-class white Parisians, alienated black youth and Jewish-world-domination conspiracy theorists.

...identify the Jews as the cause of many of the worlds ills. The second article makes a similar point when ( post cold war and the defeat of socialism) it talks of the direction the ( anti establishment brigade) could take.....

I think of the four responses I have identified, the fourth is most difficult for Jews: the searching for enemies-the pursuit of the enemy for its own sake. Jews have comprised the major enemy—certainly the major internal enemy—in the imagination of the West for perhaps 1,500 years. Of course, when that then becomes part of a larger political project, anti-Semitism is not terribly far away.

As for the Anelka insult, not sure what the coverage was like on the continent but be assured the silence from the left in this country was deafening. Whilst finding it acceptable to mock the holocaust, infer a Jewish world conspiracy and suggesting the ( Anelka) gesture was a mere act of solidarity with a convicted antisemitie ..the left said nothing. I'm not suggesting you hold the same view but nor is he. He is asking you why are the left so quiet when it comes to defending Jewish sentiments, but so happy to berate Isreal at every opportunity?

Again the second article suggests that ( by their very anti establishment nature) the left need an alternative to the current Western model of society. You may argue the pros and cons of Communism all you like (it failed by the way), and likewise the need for greater world wide financial regulation, but you would have missed the articles point completely. In short they both suggest a subtle acceptance of racial prejudice and degrees of age old antisemitism.

And then there's a fourth position, the one which is most problematical for those of us who are Jews or who make common cause with Jews in the fight against anti-Semitism. It is a kind of impure nihilism, a kind of destructive fury or a perpetuation of the antagonisms of the pre-1989 Left, but without any balancing constructive project, so one continues in one's war against America as if the Cold War still existed and the Soviet system still existed. But because there is no real alternative, one is led into more and more extreme gestures of anger and hatred and violence.

....back to my cornflakes :)

Whether or not you consider Isreal as occupiers very much depends on your point of view of course

No' date=' it doesn't, Dave. ;)

Well i must be either stupid or insane then ( maybe both?) that or you haven't read it properly. He isn't suggesting the Jews are responsible for the recession, he is saying that many on the left ( considering the left as traditionally anti-establishment) or has he describes them...

Not directly for the recession, but he says the left thinks Jews are the big money holders and are therefore the ones who dominate the global economy.

As for the Anelka insult, not sure what the coverage was like on the continent but be assured the silence from the left in this country was deafening. Whilst finding it acceptable to mock the holocaust, infer a Jewish world conspiracy and suggesting the ( Anelka) gesture was a mere act of solidarity with a convicted antisemitie ..the left said nothing. I'm not suggesting you hold the same view but nor is he. He is asking you why are the left so quiet when it comes to defending Jewish sentiments, but so happy to berate Isreal at every opportunity?

The author makes people think everyone on the left didn't find Anelka's gesture disgusting. I'm sure many leftists will condemn that gesture.

The author tries to put many people in the same bag. He tries to convince the readers, by mixing subjects and jumping to ridiculous conclusions.

Again the second article suggests that ( by their very anti establishment nature) the left need an alternative to the current Western model of society. You may argue the pros and cons of Communism all you like (it failed by the way), and likewise the need for greater world wide financial regulation, but you would have missed the articles point completely. In short they both suggest a subtle acceptance of racial prejudice and degrees of age old antisemitism.

You didn't quite understand my post, Dave. I hate communism, as I find it a pathetic and scary system.

What I do defend is the regulatory power of the state, regarding the financial sector. There are many differences in Western societies, there isn't a unique Western society model. Canada is still a capitalist country, but one where bankers and big money can't do what they want.

That's the model I admire.

....back to my cornflakes :)

I hope you enjoyed those. :)

Well Fox is a joke of an American network channel...Fox News specifically is proper nonsense.

Well Safir, as an intelligent person, you couldn't say anything else, could you? :D

Fox News is lead by Rupert Murdoch and it's an ultraconservative propaganda machine. :o

In our World' date=' power is significantly associated with money. ;)[/quote']

Quite, but now you have read the articles at least three times now, care to share how you came to your first conclusion?...:confused:

The guy tries to make the readers believe it's the Jewish people's fault the world is facing a bad recession. Well, since I'm not insane (and that speech only makes sense to stupid or crazy people)...

Although I respect everybody's opinion' date=' I just laugh every time someone says Israel are less or as responsible for this conflict as Palestine is.

Facts:

Israel - settlers

You can believe in the Fox News-esque propaganda about this topic, but at the end of the day you gotta question your mental sanity. :o

EDIT: I probably won't reply to any comments on this post, because it's likely that I won't be in the mood.[/quote']

.....I'm sorry but Israel are equally responsible if not less for this conflict then Palestine. After the war everyone was feeling essentially sorry for them so we gave them a homeland: a tiny barren desert strip in an area of Palestine, before Palestine was even a county. Israel Palestine still had all the best bits and they shared Jerusalem. Then, Nasser starts a war, with the support of Palestine of course, and Israel crush them in 6 days and then get West Bank, Golan Heights and Gaza strip, which they give back!. The PLO, which is bloody liberal compared to Hamas, made the first real aggressive step and now we are blaming Israel for finding it hard to cope with a nation that is run by a Hamas's charter, that uncompromisingly seeks Israel's destruction. Israel are stupid to be bombing back, but Hamas wont cease until Israel is destroyed. Gaza is a very densely populated city which is hard to accurately bomb in, but Isreal isn't bombing Gaza because its Gaza, they are bombing Gaza because its run by Hamas. It's not even about who started this war, because only one of these governments will end this war, and its not going to be Hamas.

complete rant: ignore typos